Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest (26215 Views)

Buratai Leads FG Delegates To Sambisa Forest. Photos / Call For Buratai's Sack: CESJET Carpets Falana / 7 Reasons Why It Is Impossible For BURATAI To Buy Dubai Property With His Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Figs(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
Successdude:
Forget ur troubles.
Make it joyful.
Wish you all merry chrismas.... ... And by the way this my birth month. show some love by liking.......
LOL... I Meant Lots of Love.
but ur troubls remain there waitin 4 u
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by porka: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
biltem:
I totally disagree with Femi Falana on this.
let the various investigation panels submit their report on findings first.
it is the same people that will condemn the government for not acting swiftly to contain the nefarious acts of the sect if action were not taken on time. That was how boko haram started from a small compound in a sleeping town of Maiduguri. Today we keep blaming Jonathan for,not acting swiftly until the sects spread all over the North East.

let us look beyond the incident. What exactly was the intent of the sects that blocked the way of the army who we understand has to resort to self defense. I just felt bad about the innocent souls that have been killed or properties destroyed.

once again lets wait for the outcome,if,the investigating panels set up

You don't feel bad.

You are dancing on their mass grave.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by deor03(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Welcome to the club Falana.....#wailingwailers
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by AK481(m): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
kaelz:
Is this man senseless enough to know that the North is very sensitive on issues like this? Is he senseless enough to know that the person involved is top officer in the country? Is also senseless to know that those shi'ites were wielding weapons if not life ammos but, cutlasses, bows and even stones and they pelted his convoy? Which Indian hemp wey him smoke to forget say these shi'ites refused him passage on a road wey government build... He should shine his eyes oo!!!
Only 7 was killed during the procession.why go back to their headquater to kill hundreds?
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
stildude:

Which tape. That doctored piece. Why did they cut it and to play it again with smokes and dead bodies. They were only playing to the gallery in that tape. They had other choices. Condone off the area and disperse them. Although some say it's better to take lives than be reasonable. But who am I to speak on this issue.

Did u see the army officer reasoning with them is hausa language and they bluntly refused to let him pass. What happened next was clearly within the limits of the law you can't hold the COAS to hostage becos of your religious procession
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
kingslly:
nobody tried to assassinate the COAS,the made DAT story up to justify their actions.

People carrying sticks and dangerous instruments and refusing to allow the COAS right of passage is a clear attempt at assassination. It is not when you weld a machine gun or a sophisticated rifle
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
okenikpoto:

How can you even imagine that. Have you even seen the convoy of the COAS? There is no way IMN can have the capacity to initiate such attempt. This strictly a human rights violation.

How do you measure the capacity to initiate an attempt to assassinate
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by thirty(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Uncle Femi,

You are mixing things up.

From the south to the north, nobody or group of people should hold Nigerians to coarse anymore, including brother Ndubusi Kanu. Ok

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ujulabelle:

Did they plan to assassinate Chief of Army staff or u r thinking 4 them?

Do you know that these group has been blocking the roads for other govt officials and they had to take the easiest option out by turning back? Well in the case of the COAS who would you have expected to turnback? This is the army not your bribe collectors of police
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by porka: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
adams009:

Where is Falana when Shi'ite are making life difficult for people in the north with their activities? They block major roads and even high way, they threaten motorist passing by peacefully and they disrespect the law, thinking they are above the law. They threat law abiding citizens thinking they have monopoly of violence.

Is that why they should be massacred in their hundreds?

Fulani herdsmen block the highways with their cows routinely. They cause traffic gridlocks every now and then, you dare not hurry them lest they pull their 'daggers' at you, yet not a single cow has been killed by the Nigerian army on account of that.

'Aluta' students block the highways every time they have issues with their managements. They vandalize vehicles and cause untold hardships on the road users in the process. Yet, they are dispersed with teargas while 'accidental discharges' are not treated with levity. Often times the affected policemen are discharged from service.

Should students be massacred this way now? Should soldiers be drafted to begin shooting students anytime they block the highways now?

Are Nigerians so heartless that human lives mean nothing again?

Imagine citing a video showing unruly youths on the road to justify the massacre of hundreds of people in far away facilities several hours after the fact.

5 Likes

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by thirty(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
oloriooko:
Thank God this incident did not happen under GEJ, this country would have boiled
Thank God the COAS is not a Christian, this nation would have boiled
Thank God the COAS and his boss are both Muslims, this nation has not boiled

Calling for the prosecution of the COAS is not to indict him but to establish the truth and justice in this matter
As it is, no one is guilty of any offence until proven otherwise

TALES OF TWO CITIES
Ndubusi Kanu came from the same region with goodluck Jonathan
Ndubusi Kanu is a Christian
read the handwriting on the wall. Both of them commit the same crime. Either a Christian or Muslim. Southerner or northerner.
God bless Nigeria. God help our leaders.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by poseidon12: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think the ICC at the Hague should be where the victims should get justice. Buhari himself is fully behind the massacre; and the killing of peaceful pro Biafra protesters.
I wonder what the respected rights activist like Falana is doing in a party like the APC.

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Successdude(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
Figs:
but ur troubls remain there waitin 4 u
Thinkin abt it kills fast. Forget ur troubles u giv d brain chance to remember solutions.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
The nigeria state is bigger than any religious group and the COAS represents that state. Any attempt on his life is a treason punishable by death
You displayed a poor interpretation of the law by not understanding that the state is made up of the people in it and what they do. Up till now the army is yet to provide cogent proove that an assasination attempt was made against them. Not even a bullet hole on their vehicle. Why then use combat weapons on unarmed people. Same army went to their home's and mudered them in cold blood, destroyed their houses and worship place. if the people at this 2nd instance took up arms to defend thier lives then its understandable as they died in combat. But who brougth the fight to their homes? Same millitary.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Boss13: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
biltem:
I totally disagree with Femi Falana on this.
let the various investigation panels submit their report on findings first.
it is the same people that will condemn the government for not acting swiftly to contain the nefarious acts of the sect if action were not taken on time. That was how boko haram started from a small compound in a sleeping town of Maiduguri. Today we keep blaming Jonathan for,not acting swiftly until the sects spread all over the North East.

let us look beyond the incident. What exactly was the intent of the sects that blocked the way of the army who we understand has to resort to self defense. I just felt bad about the innocent souls that have been killed or properties destroyed.

once again lets wait for the outcome,if,the investigating panels set up

Good point. What I also don't understand is why and how a sovereign country, Iran, fund and interfere into the activities of another sovereign country, Nigeria.

I also understand there was exchange of gun fires all through the night. Except the military was shooting at itself, I hope to understand why would a religious sect, who claims to be peaceful stockpile arms at it holy grounds.

There maybe more to this story and I believe there is more.

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Jangebii(m): 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Then how do we tackles terrorism and other related issues, if some fanatic thuggs and hoodlums can blockade way for our army Chief. Then who is free to move about? You talk bla bla bla BokoHaram this, BokoHaram that,.......armed robbers, kidnapping biz,
Cattle thieves, dreaming to have a saferNaija. And our Army Chief can't move freely. We must be joking............
It serves as deterrent to any oncoming enemies of peace.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by philips70(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I think the spell that APC placed over Falana has expired. I wonder when those on passingshot and his ilks will expire

Only when GEJ and the 40 thieves have returned all they stole and properly prosecuted.
Tomorrow, if this same Falana calls for the prosecution of GEJ for supervising the looting of our treasury I hope you will be here to drop this same comment?

And lastly, hope you have read Itse Sagay's interview?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
A lot has been said about the attack on the Shiites in Zaria...and yes, there must be prosecution of those involved in the unprovoked attack. The Shiiities must also learn to abide by the laws of this country in full.

Having said that....

1.Ultimately it is the fault of the Zaria City Authorities for not providing alternate routes for vehicular traffic while the Shiite procession was on. If they had done so,this crisis would never have happened, and all we would have heard was that the COAS visited the Emir....and it would be a brief notation in page 6 of the dailies....

(On a slightly related note.....Zaria needs to be run by a single municipal authority, not the three LGA's it is split between)

2.The Army and the law enforcement agencies still operate in a confrontational method. High time they were trained to confront people in a calm and collected manner, without resorting to the use of a gun.

3.Also, why didn't the Army convoy get diverted itself. Surely there were alternate routes they could have taken. Indeed, by extension, whoever is in charge of the COAS' itinerary in Zaria for that day deserves to explain why he was not prepared for all eventualities.(Instead of a group of Shiites, it could have been a tanker falling across the road.If that was the case....won't the COAS convoy automatically divert).

While I agree in principle with the call by Mr Falana.....it won't solve the underlying problem.....which is the way and manner in which Nigerians , whether government or people, refuse to be orderly. Let us do things decently and in order...not in confusion.

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by poseidon12: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
TheImp:
Buratai and his ilk should be brought before the ICC, even Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International published their report this week calling for their prosecution
Exactly. This is beyond Nigerian courts. The victims will obviously not get justice here. And Falana should know that. He should drag Buratai to the ICC.

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by poseidon12: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
jumpmasta:
Talk is cheap...Everyone is busy seeking relevance..

Don't worry. One day it would be your turn to be victim of violence by Nigerian thugs in uniform.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by olakan22: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Falana is a big talker... Now why is Buhari not talking? Because this matter is sensitive. Moreso, why are the majority voicing their opinions listening only to the story of the 'extremists' and refusing to give our ears to the Army. The same Army whose soldiers are willing to die for this nation. If the COAS was killed, what would Falana say? Then others like him will say that the Army is incompetent. The army has evidences, why is anyone not paying attention to them? While I don't care about ur religious affiliations, it becomes disturbing when we pat people who are on a mission to disturb our national security. Yeah u read right ATTEMPTING TO ATTACK NAY KILL THE COAS IS A THREAT TO THE NATION's SECURITY

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by poseidon12: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
Did Femi falana watch the tape as to the means by the army to resolve the situation peacefully and the rebuff by the shiite people

I watched the video. Although the action of the Shiites are not justified, that does not justify the massacre. Remember the soldiers went on a killing spree after the fact. They actually went to the homes to kill.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by 989900: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
They begged to be killed. The video shows that.

Nigerian Army is not basically a diplomatic/dialogue trained unit of the 'armed forces', they are trained to use force, and excessive force 'on the fly'. Even our police whose primary assignment is dealing with civilians, are far from diplomacy, nor civility.

Those were senior military personnel out there, with BH tension in the air, I guess it's just about the wrongest of times for any 'islamic' group to be threatening the convoy of the COAS.

None of those men out there want to be in the convoy that lost the COAS to 'bloody civilians'.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by poseidon12: 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
The nigeria state is bigger than any religious group and the COAS represents that state. Any attempt on his life is a treason punishable by death

So in your mind, the army should act as the judges right? You don't think the courts have any role here right?

1 Like

Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
poseidon12:

I watched the video. Although the action of the Shiites are not justified, that does not justify the massacre. Remember the soldiers went on a killing spree after the fact. They actually went to the homes to kill.

When the army begged them to leave the road they bluntly refused. They brought it upon themselves
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by free2ryhme: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bubewilson:
You displayed a poor interpretation of the law by not understanding that the state is made up of the people in it and what they do. Up till now the army is yet to provide cogent proove that an assasination attempt was made against them. Not even a bullet hole on their vehicle. Why then use combat weapons on unarmed people. Same army went to their home's and mudered them in cold blood, destroyed their houses and worship place. if the people at this 2nd instance took up arms to defend thier lives then its understandable as they died in combat. But who brougth the fight to their homes? Same millitary.
The question you should be asking yourself is why did they block the road
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Wallade(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
This Femi Falana should shut up & stop irritating me. After all, he wants cheap publicity.

Meanwhile, Shiites Muslims will not employ his service.

Period.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by szkz(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
I wonder how many of the people calling for the army's chief head actually watched the video of what happened
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by MadCow1: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Everybody would have an opinion.. It's alright.

Lets first of all remember that the Shiites were illegally blocking a highway.

Let's also remember that they were also blocking the right of passage of the Number 2 Man of the Armed forces of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Let's also not forget that this happened in the North where even the Presidents convoy was attacked in an Ambush during the run up to the elections. And that violent attacks are rife there.

People say they were unarmed, That's is a blatant lie. They were armed with machetes, bow and arrows, sticks and stones which they used on his convoy.

All those human right activists should also not forget that those Shiites deliberately endangered the life of the Chief of Army Staff. The moment a Convoy is stopped abruptly, that convoy becomes a sitting duck.

Should I also remind most of you that the Shiites were entreated to clear the way for the Convoy to pass and yet they refused and instead started attacking the Convoy?

What if their was a Suicide Bomber in that crowd?

The moment they blocked the Convoy, they had breached the safety and Security of a Military Chief and that in itself is combative. The moment they started hurling things at the Convoy, that immediately became a hostile act and the Army had earned the right to use reasonable force in accordance with Military Rules of Engagement to repel them.

Fhuck Falana..

Fhuck human rights...

Fhuck those jihadist pigs who attacked the Convoy and rightly got shot.

Fhuck terrorism

And a Happy Fhucking Christmas to you all.

Gid bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Her President Muhammadu Buhari and the Armed Forces of this nation.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Gassa007: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
This is getting interesting

What if they had actualise the attempt to assassinate the chief of army staff. It will be a different story ooo
Just see yourself, assassinate a whole COAS and his armed convoy with sticks right, please use your church mind judge am
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by jonnieoneng: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
SirRoberto:
I think the presidency is in support of the army's violent style of reaction to citizens. As painful as it may sound, in a democratic regime, there are civil ways of quelling violent protest no matter who is caught in d crossfire. It seems this administration hasnt come to terms that in civilian regime, u dont use war firearms on civilian protesters even if they turn violent unless u must hav declared a curfew or state of emergency.
You are yearning opata my guy.A bunch of miscreant having no regard needed to be taught a lesson.It is regretable that a lot of people had to die,but the fact still remains the shiites were wrong to have waylayed the convoy of the COAS.Such will never happen in Yoruba land.
Re: Falana Calls For Buratai's Arrest by Gassa007: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
Did Femi falana watch the tape as to the means by the army to resolve the situation peacefully and the rebuff by the shiite people

Yeye dey smell...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adesina Speaks On Whether Osinbajo Will Represent Buhari At Presidential Debate / Nigerian Soldier Rapes 4-Year-Old Girl In Adamawa / Surulere Bye-election: INEC Declares Fuad Laguda (APC) As Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.