Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong (22066 Views)

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / Deji Adeyanju: "Buhari Copied GEJ By Wearing Army Uniform" - Presidency Replies / Deji Adeyanju Blasts David Mark, Oduah And Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by okpor2(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Your Talk Straight Like Cigarette..

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, Mr. Deji Adeyanju got it all wrong..
so Mr Deji Adeyanyu is not entitled to his own opinion?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
espn:
Until they understand what the word opposition means before PDP could actually be a viable opposition to the ruling party!

i like your moniker, any news today?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by chuzero(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
I concour...
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
teepain:

Quite frankly, without attempting to patronize you, when I read Deji Adeyanju's piece I said to myself that Tonye could have done a better job as PDP social media director. You may recall my disagreement with some of your submissions in the past but God bless you for this piece.

PDP's strategy of alienating neutrals through name calling and the rest would continue to haunt, regrettably.

Politics is all about the numbers and you need a lot of persuasive skills to win people over.
Your last line is a hit! Disagreement is unavoidable in any gathering/relationship, it however, shouldn't blind us from a common goal
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

i like your moniker, any news today?
You again?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You again?

i always read your topic, am a fan.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by knowme(m): 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Its this same thing that injured the party in the first place n when they said their decision was supreme and this decisions were made by some selfish individuals , that started the rancour in the party that brought it down.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Oghenekohwo1402:
@tonye What's your real name? I think I know you smiley
My name is Tonye undecided

Where do you think you know me? tongue
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

i always read your topic, am a fan.
Thanks love.. Been stalking you since last night tongue
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
knowme:
Its this same thing that injured the party in the first place n when they said their decision was supreme and this decisions were made by some selfish individuals , that started the rancour in the party that brought it down.
A party is made of members. The individual members shouldn't be denied their right to express themselves. What promoters of hardline stand fail to understand is that your party members that shares your view are not enough to win election. In fact, any party that can't secure the confidence of at least 60% of the electorate is simply wasting time and space. How do you get the electorates with overly hardline and senseless rants? Are Nigerians that stupid?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks love.. Been stalking you since last night tongue

abeg forget last night.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by oduhjoseph(m): 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=41368930]I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

It is embarrassing that someone that occupies sensitive position such as social media director of the party will employ such undemocratic and uncivilised tactics to gag party members and chieftains of their fundamental right to opinion. Being a member or chieftain of a political party does not eradicate the right of the individual to his view as enshrined in our constitution. It is on record that David Mark and co will not be the first opposition members/legislators to support a policy/bill of a ruling government. Let us recall that in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan's administration removed the fuel subsidy, Adams Oshiomole(then of ACN) publicly defended the move even when his party was against the move. In October this year, USA Sen Kelly Ayotte, a republican openly supported Obama's EPA’s Clean Power Plan even when fellow republican congressmen vowed to block it. If Gov Oshiomole and Sen Ayotte weren't attacked by their respective party for airing dissenting view, why then should Senators Mark, Bruce and Oduah be subjected to attack? What justification was the attack on their persons?

While I believe in strong and viable opposition, it is inappropriate for any opposition to adopt the tactic of fighting against every action of the ruling party without putting sound argument to justify it. Opposition should be constructive and intellectually appealing. Anything short of that is no longer opposition but nuisance. If any party man or chieftain express a view according to his belief, such view should be respected whether or not they are in tandem with our individual or party bias. It is inappropriate be intolerant towards party members with dissenting opinion from official position.

Finally, I have to state that I'm no fan of any of the aforementioned senators, neither am I an apologist of the ruling APC and the government. But truth must be said, there is nothing wrong in praising the action of the government if one is so convinced that it is right thing to do. The interest of the country and ones constituency supersede that of any political party. The press statement by Mr Deji is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.[True talk. Dnt mind dat ass]
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Tonyebarcanista,i'll edit this post after church.YOU hear ?
I hear sir... Pray for me o
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

abeg forget last night.
Who crowned you sexuality section queen? shocked
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by yhemsy62(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mr Tonye is at it again. Kudos!
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Who crowned you sexuality section queen? shocked

lol

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by gawu1: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Marvin67:
I've never said this before, but this Barcanister is the best guy in this section. His posts are factual and spot on, unlike some supporters of APC here who we all know what they'd say on any issue. Barcanister remains the only person whose posts I read and whose thread I follow.
Keep it up Barca boy.

Now to the issue. If you place Deji's write up beside the news going around of a new mega party coming up, you'd see that one plus one is becoming two. APC would soon have a tough battle on thier hands because from the look of things, the new party would throw everything at APC, the same way APC did when PDP was in power. The new party would also be very vocal, and in most cases, parties like that tend to have massive grassroot and youth support.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PDP.
God bless APC.
God bless Barcanister.
God bless me.
God bless you.
Whenever I hear people talk about a new party to dislodge APC, I laugh. Who will float such party in the north? And who will do same in the west or east? That APC came and immediately succeeded in de-throning PDP does not translate to mean such could be repeated in a small time space. Besides, Formation of APC was not a day job. Two good personalities from both ends of the country have to emerge after long period of permutations. As far as situation is now I can't see any person that can challenge Buhari politically in the north. Buhari's control of the northern masses is not political nor has it to do with financial inducement, rather build on his personality of groundstanding and popular identification with the poors. He's such trusted by them beyond explanation. Previous elections he participated in are testimonies. Likewise, sofar Tinubu group are still in control in the west as it is now. Those with this idea will always call Atiku, Kwankoso, Ribadu as formidable challengers.
It maybe possible, not just now. Maybe after Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You again?

what of ur oda moniker barcanista
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by knowme(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

A party is made of members. The individual members shouldn't be denied their right to express themselves. What promoters of hardline stand fail to understand is that your party members that shares your view are not enough to win election. In fact, any party that can't secure the confidence of at least 60% of the electorate is simply wasting time and space. How do you get the electorates with overly hardline and senseless rants? Are Nigerians that stupid?

What we have been for quite some times, imagine a party that plunged the nation into serious distress telling the world and us that we were behing them, instead of listening to our yarnings they thought we were going to remain stupid for ever, they made promises every electioneering period only to repeat that at the next electioneering period and they wanted us to trust them again, I joined the change train not because I have been a part of it, but I had one prayer in heart, that God should give the populace a voice, so they (the elite) will learn to understand that we will hold them accountable, and that a good performance will be rewarded with reelection whule poor performance will result to being boothed out of power, I've said it before and I will say it again, for me - will always be a patriotic Nigerian not a loyal party man. When you place party loyalty against patriotism them you are given to the whims of the individual party leader, who in most cases are just for themselves, I.e Tinubu vs Saraki

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

what of ur oda moniker barcanista
That one is resting in peace angry! I sent you pm
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

That one is resting in peace angry! I sent you pm

lol, i follow that moniker since 1990. My mail no work
facebook rita lincoln rebeca
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
knowme:

What we have been for quite some times, imagine a party that plunged the nation into serious distress telling the world and us that we were behing them, instead of listening to our yarnings they thought we were going to remain stupid for ever, they made promises every electioneering period only to repeat that at the next electioneering period and they wanted us to trust them again, I joined the change train not because I have been a part of it, but I had one prayer in heart, that God should give the populace a voice, so they (the elite) will learn to understand that we will hold them accountable, and that a good performance will be rewarded with reelection whule poor performance will result to being boothed out of power, I've said it before and I will say it again, for me - will always be a patriotic Nigerian not a loyal party man. When you place party loyalty against patriotism them you are given to the whims of the individual party leader, who in most cases are just for themselves, I.e Tinubu vs Saraki
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

Hehe, 1990 bawo? Wetin do your mail? So you aren't on any email service at all?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

Result not found...
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hehe, 1990 bawo? Wetin do your mail? So you aren't on any email service at all?

forgot my pass
rita lincoln rebecca
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by InvertedHammer: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

It is embarrassing that someone that occupies sensitive position such as social media director of the party will employ such undemocratic and uncivilised tactics to gag party members and chieftains of their fundamental right to opinion. Being a member or chieftain of a political party does not eradicate the right of the individual to his view as enshrined in our constitution. It is on record that David Mark and co will not be the first opposition members/legislators to support a policy/bill of a ruling government. Let us recall that in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan's administration removed the fuel subsidy, Adams Oshiomole(then of ACN) publicly defended the move even when his party was against the move. In October this year, USA Sen Kelly Ayotte, a republican openly supported Obama's EPA’s Clean Power Plan even when fellow republican congressmen vowed to block it. If Gov Oshiomole and Sen Ayotte weren't attacked by their respective party for airing dissenting view, why then should Senators Mark, Bruce and Oduah be subjected to attack? What justification was the attack on their persons?

While I believe in strong and viable opposition, it is inappropriate for any opposition to adopt the tactic of fighting against every action of the ruling party without putting sound argument to justify it. Opposition should be constructive and intellectually appealing. Anything short of that is no longer opposition but nuisance. If any party man or chieftain express a view according to his belief, such view should be respected whether or not they are in tandem with our individual or party bias. It is inappropriate be intolerant towards party members with dissenting opinion from official position.

Finally, I have to state that I'm no fan of any of the aforementioned senators, neither am I an apologist of the ruling APC and the government. But truth must be said, there is nothing wrong in praising the action of the government if one is so convinced that it is right thing to do. The interest of the country and ones constituency supersede that of any political party. The press statement by Mr Deji is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.
/
Someone will be "cross-carpeting" to APC soon.

I can smell it.

PDP's wailing camp will surely miss the sound of your vuvuzuela.
\

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

forgot my pass
rita lincoln rebecca
It's like I've seen you on FB through your mail tongue

Lemme send you a message on fb so we can chat on WA
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Someone will be "cross-carpeting" to APC soon.

I can smell it.

PDP's wailing camp will surely miss the sound of your vuvuzuela.
\
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by freddaboh(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.

Hmmmmmmm!!! Now you are making sense like a patriotic Nigerian. The interest of the country is by far more important than the interest of any political party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It is embarrassing when one get insulted simply because he disagrees with his party. I don't know where proponent of this idea got their idea from. I don't believe that opposition is about countering the government. It is based on constructive criticism and intellectual argument. If I see no need in disagreeing with an action of the government(for instance I support the anticorruption war 100%), why then should I make noise simply because I want to "oppose"?

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It's like I've seen you on FB through your mail tongue

Lemme send you a message on fb so we can chat on WA

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uduaghan, Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Gowon At Ogbemudia's Burial (Photos) / Grazing Routes: FG Driving Nigeria To Anarchy - Gani Adams / Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.