Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong (22069 Views)

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / Deji Adeyanju: "Buhari Copied GEJ By Wearing Army Uniform" - Presidency Replies / Deji Adeyanju Blasts David Mark, Oduah And Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by espn(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

i like your moniker, any news today?
trust me ders always news..ok u look gorgeous..dats d news!

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

lol
Waiting for your reply o
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Waiting for your reply o

kkkkk
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Rolings: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

It is embarrassing that someone that occupies sensitive position such as social media director of the party will employ such undemocratic and uncivilised tactics to gag party members and chieftains of their fundamental right to opinion. Being a member or chieftain of a political party does not eradicate the right of the individual to his view as enshrined in our constitution. It is on record that David Mark and co will not be the first opposition members/legislators to support a policy/bill of a ruling government. Let us recall that in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan's administration removed the fuel subsidy, Adams Oshiomole(then of ACN) publicly defended the move even when his party was against the move. In October this year, USA Sen Kelly Ayotte, a republican openly supported Obama's EPA’s Clean Power Plan even when fellow republican congressmen vowed to block it. If Gov Oshiomole and Sen Ayotte weren't attacked by their respective party for airing dissenting view, why then should Senators Mark, Bruce and Oduah be subjected to attack? What justification was the attack on their persons?

While I believe in strong and viable opposition, it is inappropriate for any opposition to adopt the tactic of fighting against every action of the ruling party without putting sound argument to justify it. Opposition should be constructive and intellectually appealing. Anything short of that is no longer opposition but nuisance. If any party man or chieftain express a view according to his belief, such view should be respected whether or not they are in tandem with our individual or party bias. It is inappropriate be intolerant towards party members with dissenting opinion from official position.

Finally, I have to state that I'm no fan of any of the aforementioned senators, neither am I an apologist of the ruling APC and the government. But truth must be said, there is nothing wrong in praising the action of the government if one is so convinced that it is right thing to do. The interest of the country and ones constituency supersede that of any political party. The press statement by Mr Deji is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.

Op I think the guy was right especially with regards to David mark who should not be saying such even if they were true. Just like deji said, they belong to the opposition now and as such should be seen as putting the government on its toe ,this is not about constructive criticism but about toeing party line. Toeing the party line in all things and believing in party supremacy is very important for our democracy to thrive. D mark should not be seen looking for favour from pmb cos he wants to go back to the Senate.
Deji may be wrong about Stella oduah as she should be keeping quiet but don't blame her cos there are feelers the next can of work to be open is in aviation and we all know how turbulent her tenure as minister of aviation was. As for Ben Murray Bruce I comment my reserve cos I refuse to equate a senator who represents 3 local government with my senator who represents 11,the guy is jobless as he has so much time on his hands even though he collects as much as my senator .
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Rolings:

Op I think the guy was right especially with regards to David mark who should not be saying such even if they were true. Just like deji said, they belong to the opposition now and as such should be seen as putting the government on its toe ,this is not about constructive criticism but about toeing party line. Toeing the party line in all things and believing in party supremacy is very important for our democracy to thrive. D mark should not be seen looking for favour from pmb cos he wants to go back to the Senate.
Deji may be wrong about Stella oduah as she should be keeping quiet but don't blame her cos there are feelers the next can of work to be open is in aviation and we all know how turbulent her tenure as minister of aviation was. As for Ben Murray Bruce I comment my reserve cos I refuse to equate a senator who represents 3 local government with my senator who represents 11,the guy is jobless as he has so much time on his hands even though he collects as much as my senator .
What is party supremacy here? Is the party a cult? Who is the party? Which democracy have you seen party witholding right of opinion of their members? Is it not by choice for one to tow party line or otherwise? Did you back Saraki or not for going against party directive not to contest for the position he's holding?didn't you guys keep preaching that he has his right and shouldn't be cowed by any godfather? If yes, why do you seek to gag PDP senators? Is membership of party no longer voluntary? Who is the party? Bros answers to these questions will settle it!

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by darqly(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Carmal90:

you attached more importance to yourself dude, the presented budget was a scam

Here we go again. Kindly point out the 'Scammy' portions of the budget, to educate the rest of us ignorant ones. You know it's good to share.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

kkkkk
Gerarahia and do the needful jare....mtschew
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My name is Tonye undecided

Where do you think you know me? tongue
I mean your full name?? I know about 6 Tonyes that attending university of jos, that's why am asking lipsrsealed
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Oghenekohwo1402:
I mean your full name?? I know about 6 Tonyes that attending university of jos, that's why am asking lipsrsealed
You wan make me Governor? undecided

Talk on pm instead
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Yksoul(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There is a difference between a noisemaking group and a political party. The former will gather their likes but will find it dfifficul to penetrate the neutrals. This is because when you talk and keep ranting, people will look at your antecedents and ask two questions; what have you done? What is your own alternative? APC were 'suCcessful' because of Buhari's perceived integrity(which even PDP chiefs publicly testified) anf the need to rid Nigeria of official corruption.
THEN WHY PDP OFFICIALS AND FAITHFULS FIND IT DIFFICULT TO BE HONEST AND TO BE PEOPLE OF INTEGRITY? NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF CORRUPTIONS,LIES, BILLIONS WITHOUT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Benzzle: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You are welcome...

©c: Lalasticlala and Dominique

tonye I have to say this... recently you have followed Nigerian politics very carefully and unbiased unlike in the past, I'm so proud of you and if there is anyway I said harsh words to you while you were defending pdp, I'm sorry

you act so matured now
I'm proud of you for removing sentiment and party affliction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Benzzle:

tonye I have to say this... recently you have followed Nigerian politics very carefully and unbiased unlike in the past, I'm so proud of you and if there is anyway I said harsh words to you while you were defending pdp, I'm sorry

you act so matured now
I'm proud of you for removing sentiment and party affliction
Haba bros, no hard feeling at all. Thanks baba... Hope you are good?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Horlufemi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
God bless Nigeria. God curse PDP. God bless APC. God bless Barcanister. God bless me. God bless you.
I concur
There, fixed

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You wan make me Governor? undecided

Talk on pm instead
so sorry if u feel offended. My apologies cool
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yksoul:
THEN WHY PDP OFFICIALS AND FAITHFULS FIND IT DIFFICULT TO BE HONEST AND TO BE PEOPLE OF INTEGRITY? NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF CORRUPTIONS,LIES, BILLIONS WITHOUT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
PDP has no choice but to start getting it right or the worse will happen to the party
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Gerarahia and do the needful jare....mtschew
resend
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

resend
I sent you friend request and private fb message. You accepted the friend request and snubbed the message. Check your fb message again!
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by tigermanneed: 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
cosby02:
Am sorry for coming late. Deji Adeyanju is simply a deluded BASTARD. That's all.
is that all you can say bastard to a man how says the truth browsing 6tr to fund a budget and some of his party members is applauding buhari. look at Ben Bruce the one i thing he is in lighting is also in support if Bruce can not stand for one thing he can not stand for noting look like obama thinking like mr ibu
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by cosby02(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
tigermanneed:
is that all you can say bastard to a man how says the truth browsing 6tr to fund a budget and some of his party members is applauding buhari. look at Ben Bruce the one i thing he is in lighting is also in support if Bruce can not stand for one thing he can not stand for noting look like obama thinking like mr ibu
We must not reason thesame way, each brain was installed with different configurations. Ben Bruce is entitled to his opinion. Being a party member does not enslave ur personal ideology about things.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I sent you friend request and private fb message. You accepted the friend request and snubbed the message. Check your fb message again!

lol, i didnt ignore i have like 56 msg i dont come online often
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

lol, i didnt ignore i have like 56 msg i dont come online often
Yeah, I figured it... Is your email working? Don't lie to me
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ishiamu(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You can chase woman??
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

you figure out what?
Yeah its working, but i forgot my pass well i will check lata in the night (too many mails make me ignore it)
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

you figure out what?
Yeah its working, but i forgot my pass well i will check lata in the night (too many mails make me ignore it)
Why not send me email instead? Send your Whatsapp num or bbm pin to Tonyebarcanista@gmail.com

I figured that your last post on fb was ages ago.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Why not send me email instead? Send your Whatsapp num or bbm pin to Tonyebarcanista@gmail.com

I figured that your last post on fb was ages ago.

yes sir
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by sharonbaron(m): 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
In the second republic most of the NPP(nigerian peoples party) senators like tony anyanwu basil okwu and the others often went against the Partys position on certain national issues recently I watched an old press conference given by the then governor of the old anambra state jim nwobodo where he attacked the npp senators for supporting one presidential bill according nwobodo the old anambra state stands to lose finacially(about N20 million montly then) if the bill was passed I believe the pdp spokesman was wrong to have criticised the senators once you are elected to the parliament you owe an obligation to the nation, electorate and not party

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

yes sir
When shd I expect it?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by billyG(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
Even if Mark,Odua,Bruce & Akpabio want 2 join APC it is there Right 2 free association nothing PDP can do about it.B/c I saw them in ma Dreams waving Brooms.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ritababe(f): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

When shd I expect it?

night if i can get the pass sir,
how ur wife?
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

night if i can get the pass sir,
how ur wife?
Wife? undecided

Let me take you to a private thread... grin
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Rolings: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What is party supremacy here? Is the party a cult? Who is the party? Which democracy have you seen party witholding right of opinion of their members? Is it not by choice for one to tow party line or otherwise? Did you back Saraki or not for going against party directive not to contest for the position he's holding?didn't you guys keep preaching that he has his right and shouldn't be cowed by any godfather? If yes, why do you seek to gag PDP senators? Is membership of party no longer voluntary? Who is the party? Bros answers to these questions will settle it!

Elected politicians owe their nomination for any position to the party , the party sponsors them .as it is there is no provisions for independent candidacy in nigeria so to be elected to any public office you must belong to a political party. Politicians should not believe a party is just a means of getting public office but must believe in party ideologies and rules.one wonder how anyone who disobeys his party's rules will obey the country's laws.

I never supported sarakis betrayal .
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Carmal90(m): 2:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Kkkk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi / EFCC Moves To Prosecute Babachir Lawal, Drafts Charges / Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.