Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage (8277 Views)

What Sleeping With Married Men Taught Me About Infidelity / What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? / 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by TV01(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

No, I am not!

Mindfulness:
I am not a Christian in the traditional sense but I love this Bible passage, which is very true:

Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
Matthew 13:12.

Are you prepared for today's stuffing? grin

TV
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
TV01:

Are you prepared for today's stuffing? grin

TV

People I meet online are not so important to me that I would have to prepare for them. wink

1 Like

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

No, I am not!
a Muslim
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
bennyrazz:
a Muslim

Nope.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

My dear even d creator of marriage himself made it clear that they can't be equal. One is to submit, the other is to love. Except God no knw wetin hm dey do. What makes d difference is d measure of love u get from ur man.

Abeg if they're not men's properties, then whose properties are they...animals?
Its liabilities that they shouldn't be. Once I pay bride price, and u,ve been handedover to me as my wife, then ure my property to love n cherish.

See ehn just pray that God gives u ur own man who'll understand u and have enough to love u well. Love conquers all. All this divorce-provoking steps weh u dey follow will just end u up a single parent o.

I'm sorry, women or rather, the woman you'll get married to is a thing that you'll love and cherish? Like a newspaper or nice shoe?

Last time I checked, the word "property" meant a THING you own.

If yes then well... good luck to her.

**Smh this stupiid bride price thingy really has us in for it...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by TV01(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

People I meet online are not so important to me that I would have to prepare for them. wink
...empty barrel...barely 2 months ago you were pretending to be a Christian of sorts, quoting the bible like you actually believed it. The same God and bible you blaspheme with impunity...well, whatever "makes you happy" grin

TV
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
TV01:

...empty barrel...barely 2 months ago you were pretending to be a Christian of sorts, quoting the bible like you actually believed it. The same God and bible you blaspheme with impunity...well, whatever "makes you happy" grin

TV

Ignore mode. Come back when you finish licking your wounded ego. wink

You took the time to dig up months old posts to misinterpret them deliberately? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Your feelings must be very hurt.

8 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

Nope.
what a you then? Atheist
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
bennyrazz:
what a you then? Atheist

An atheist is someone who does not believe that God exists so I can't be an atheist, right?
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by JudgementHammer: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

I'm sorry, women or rather, the woman you'll get married to is a thing that you'll love and cherish? Like a newspaper or nice shoe?

O baby, ur brain dey reverse gear? Even d bible says he who finds a wife finds a good "thing". In another place it called them weaker "vessels". The bible don't usually classify dem as humans but living things dat shd be loved and cherished. Dats why they're built to attract. Both thing and vessel are ownable things that can be bought. The bible also says "wives u are bought with a price"

So u old reach like dis and u no knw say any man weh work hard to pay ur bride price na hm own u. Lol make I remind u welwel o..ur father and mother will take ur hand and hand u over to d man that paid 4 u on ur wedding day. Better learn to build ur life around dat truth so u will find marriage easier. U 4 tell God to make u a man from heaven na.

3 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

O baby, ur brain dey reverse gear? Even d bible says he who finds a wife finds a good "thing". In another place it called them weaker "vessels". The bible don't usually classify dem as humans but living things dat shd be loved and cherished. Dats why they're built to attract. Both thing and vessel are ownable things that can be bought. The bible also says "wives u are bought with a price"

So u old reach like dis and u no knw say any man weh work hard to pay ur bride price na hm own u. Lol make I remind u welwel o..ur father and mother will take ur hand and hand u over to d man that paid 4 u on ur wedding day. Better learn to build ur life around dat truth so u will find marriage easier. U 4 tell God to make u a man from heaven na.

Lol... at first I just thought to ignore this post but...

Firstly... you interpreted "he who finds a wife finds a good thing" as the bible equating us to things not humans Haba brother! Ever heard of "figure of speech"?

Then you went on to say weaker vessels also meant we're things? Lol... didn't it by the slightest chance occur to you that since we're weaker vessels, guys are stronger vessels and as such, you are as much a THING as the next girl? grin grin

But how shallow can a human get

Anyhoo... extend my sympathy to your future wife...

*bows out*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by JudgementHammer: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

Firstly... you interpreted "he who finds a wife finds a good thing" as the bible equating us to things not humans Haba brother! Ever heard of "figure of speech"?

Then you went on to say weaker vessels also meant we're things? Lol... didn't it by the slightest chance occur to you that since we're weaker vessels, guys are stronger vessels and as such, you are as much a THING as the next girl? grin grin

*bows out*

No bow enter suckaway o

Ur matter na long thing. U no even understand d simple english weh I type. I pity ur husband weh go waste money buy u. Dey there dey advocate for equal right with ur husband. Na ur sisters-in-law go teach u say marriage no be nairaland app. U no wan pay d price 4 blissful marriage and u wan enjoy am. Shallow pikin.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by quivah(f): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
See person wey dey call another person shallow.. grin
Some people are just wasted!

2 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by quivah(f): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

*bows out*

Shhhh why na?
Since hes going to 'buy' his wife and not you, leave him to enjoy his property na..

Bible din't classify women as humans but living things... Jesu Kristicheesycheesy
And women are bought with a price..
I thought Jesus also paid a price 4 Christians.. Irreversibly,we are all bought..and as our prof rightly put, we are all things.
That guy na mumu grade 1.

PS;
Na im people be thing, I mean tin.. Pangolo

3 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by lilmax(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
quivah:

But he's right undecided
limits you in what way?
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
quivah:

Shhhh why na?
Since hes going to 'buy' his wife and not you, leave him to enjoy his property na..

Bible din't classify women as humans but living things... Jesu Kristicheesycheesy
And women are bought with a price..
I thought Jesus also paid a price 4 Christians.. Irreversibly,we are all bought..and as our prof rightly put, we are all things.
That guy na mumu grade 1.

PS;
Na im people be thing, I mean tin.. Pangolo

Lol I even forgot the "not humans but living things" part...

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by johnson232: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

*bows out*

adaeze!
what if u happen's to be his future wife?

u can't tell where love will lead u....

looking at it from biblical perspective, he's got a point....
except u choose to be insincere...

the bible presuppose women as property of men....
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

An atheist is someone who does not believe that God exists so I can't be an atheist, right?

you are neither here nor there. You believe God exist, you are still considering whether Jesus is the son of God, you are not a Muslim. Do you believe in eternity?
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
bennyrazz:
you are neither here nor there. You believe God exist, you are still considering whether Jesus is the son of God, you are not a Muslim. Do you believe in eternity?
Effect of studying CRK from kindergarten to University. There are over a 1000 religions in the world, with their own Gods and philosophy. The world isn't divided into Christianity and Islam. Get some sense. I know it's a difficult task especially when your mind is trapped between Genesis and Revelations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

True story. Even your mother was your dad's property. Like his dog and car, the only difference is your mom could give birth and Bleep him.

2 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
grin grin
KanwuliaJara:
You mean women like Linda Ikeji? tongue
omg.k baby grin

Oti funny ju grin grin
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
You mean women like Linda Ikeji? tongue
my madam from before before.. happy new year in advance. grin
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
johnson232:

adaeze!
what if u happen's to be his future wife?

u can't tell where love will lead u....

looking at it from biblical perspective, he's got a point....
except u choose to be insincere...

the bible presuppose women as property of men....

I'm really not in the mood for biblical arguments. Thing is, we all interpret different things from the same bible so what's the point?

But feel free to see your wife as your property sha. Me? Love cannot lead me to anyone that can't reason properly grin grin so... no thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

chaiio some women don enter am grin

Sometimes I wonder whether na for cave OR forest they bring up some men because all this African Bush men mentality henn grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by JudgementHammer: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You sound so pissed. I simply agreed with you. Your mom has no value. She's completely useless without your Dad. Don't take it personal. If it hurts, maybe you might have a problem with your Bible. Remember, women are nothing but byproduct of ribs. The only reason they breath is to satisfy your sexual needs and born pikin. Thus says the Lord of Goats.
For real? Lucifer man i won't argue with u. U're doomed already. I don't even wish a son of lucifer to see d new year cuz lucifer isn't a good thing. No one in good sense would wish u long life let alone having an argument with u.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

you don't know bride price is the money you pay to buy a slave who has to abide to your whims and caprices grin

Bride price is the price they pay as license of ownership na grin

Property indeed grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

For real? Lucifer man i won't argue with u. U're doomed already. I don't even wish a son of lucifer to see d new year cuz lucifer isn't a good thing. No one in good sense would wish u long life let alone having an argument with u.
I am tempted to call you brainwashed, but that would require having a brain in the first place. Rub some yeast on your head, it might raise your IQ.

3 Likes

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
grin
kelvinclint:
Now, talking about divorce,
in most African divorce
cases, the man lives the
woman and the woman is left
miserable, because all she
was designed to be was a
wife, and not an individual
with personal goals. If
African women were taught to
be achievers as much as
they were groomed to be
wives, they would have been
more self-dependent in the
face of divorce.
This infact rubs off on the
children, because in most
cases the children are left
with the struggling mother
who can't take proper care
of them without a man.
Funmilayo Alakija is a classic
example... She is the richest
black woman on earth. Her
husband left her, and her 4
male sons. Somehow she
strived hard enough to
create her own heaven and
her children to live in.
If she was just a good wife,
and not an achiever, where
would she and her 4 children
be today?
grin grin grin grin

No it's an abomination for a woman to desire greatness. Everything must be about marriage and living to please a man grin

Any woman that is ambitious makes their phenese shrink as kanwuliajara would say grin

No wonder my posts always gives dustbin pusher and crackheads headache.unfortunately for the animals they're still in nl prison grin

All thanks to me grin

Till they know how to behave like normal human beings grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Effect of studying CRK from kindergarten to University. There are over a 1000 religions in the world, with their own Gods and philosophy. The world isn't divided into Christianity and Islam. Get some sense. I know it's a difficult task especially when your mind is trapped between Genesis and Revelations.
there can be several gods but there is only one True GOD the I AM that I AM the God that said let there be light and there was light, the God that gave you the Air you breath in, the God that formed you in your mothers womb, The God that created the Heavens and the very earth you live in, the God that knows the end from the beginning, the ancient of days, the God that divided the Red sea for the children of Israel. That is the only God I know, all other gods are the creation of men. And those that created them, those that worship them are like unto them. They shall soon be cut off completely, all the days of their lives, they will languish in darkness, their ways will be dark and slippery.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by JudgementHammer: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I am tempted to call you brainwashed, but that would require having a brain in the first place. Rub some yeast on your head, it might raise your IQ.
Can one expect any better comment from an antichrist? Just full of abuses that carry no iota of sense. Hell fire brain. Doomed future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For Your Wife To Go Through Your Phone Records? / Hubby Vows To Divorce Wife Over Hair Style / Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.