Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage (8268 Views)

What Sleeping With Married Men Taught Me About Infidelity / What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? / 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer (2) (3) (4)

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Did the OP see her looking for a husband? grin
This na 2016 almost o.
Husband nor dey reign again.
That na 'unto OLD SKOOL'!
Shioooooor!!!!
how can you be dignifying village men that grew up in a thick forest raised by another illiterate mother who's purpose in life was to live to please a man grin

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by johnson232: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Any woman that is ambitious makes their phenese shrink
spurious and baseless....
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
EVILFOREST:

Good morning
Pls. OP when will all these RUBBISH posts end.. ?
when you leave your caveman mentality

Next narcissist undecided

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
bennyrazz:
Is this a human being posting or a Bible? Do you have any original thoughts that come from within your very being?

JudgementHammer:

Can one expect any better comment from an antichrist? Just full of abuses that carry no iota of sense. Hell fire brain. Doomed future.
Im not an anti-Christ. Only a foolish man will fight a dead Jew.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
johnson232:

spurious and baseless....
another narcissist/bushmeat on the loose grin

Why don't you feel like a man until a woman is subjugated grin

To the role of a sex machine,baby making machine and cook.every other ambition is meaningless grin

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I
you should have quoted my exact words, why quoting only my name grin Are you scared? The God I serve is a consuming fire. What about the god you serve?

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by johnson232: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaeze003:

I'm really not in the mood for biblical arguments. Thing is, we all interpret different things from the same bible so what's the point?

But feel free to see your wife as your property sha. Me? Love cannot lead me to anyone that can't reason properly grin grin so... no thanks.

are u implicitly presupposing u lack the intellectual gadolinium to sustain and nurture this discuss?

a post hoc explanation...
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
bennyrazz:
you should have quoted my exact words, why quoting only my name grin Are you scared? The God I serve is a consuming fire. What about the god you serve?
It's called common sense which you clearly lack. Your God is a consuming fire? That explains how your brains got fried. Keep your dead Jew stories to yourself.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bennyrazz: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It's called common sense which you clearly lack. Your God is a consuming fire? That explains how your brains got fried. Keep your dead Jew stories to yourself.

there can be several gods but there is only one True GOD the I AM that I AM the God that said let there be light and there was light, the God that gave you the Air you breath in, the God that formed you in your mothers womb, The God that created the Heavens and the very earth you live in, the God that knows the end from the beginning, the ancient of days, the God that divided the Red sea for the children of Israel. That is the only God I know, all other gods are the creation of men. And those that created them, those that worship them are like unto them. They shall soon be cut off completely, all the days of their lives, they will languish in darkness, their ways will be dark and slippery.

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
byvan03:
Live your life the way you want and let others live theirs. There really are no absolutes in this life, live the way that suits your aspirations . A woman that chooses career over marriage is no better than the one that chose marriage over career. Let people focus on the area of development that they desire the most, be it starting their own families or building business empires.

I must say that this article can be misleading depending on the perspective the reader is viewing from. Telling ladies to spend their entire youth chasing money and settling down much later in life isn't exactly a top notch advice. I would have mentioned why but am already tired of typing.

I still don't understand why family & career/ job should be parallels....

Is marriage a space you sit and wriggle your hands daily

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by byvan03: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I still don't understand why family & career/ job should be parallels....

Is marriage a space you sit and wriggle your hands daily

Lol, maybe it is for some,lol wetin person go talk...really sit and wriggle hands cheesy.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by TV01(m): 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

Ignore mode. Come back when you finish licking your wounded ego. wink

You took the time to dig up months old posts to misinterpret them deliberately? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Your feelings must be very hurt.
How can you ignore me - you get all tingly when I rinse you grin As for wounds, do you mean the ones you gave me yesterday when you and your cohort could not answer a simple question or 3 cheesy!

And let me give you a hint - no need to trawl posts, just type mindfulness, Christian and Nairaland into Google, and voilá. There are loads of your quotes where you tried to give the misleading impression that you are a Christina of sorts cool. I guess you could be considered a "fake unbelieving Christian" grin

Any answers yet? Or are you still discussing with your cohorts cool

TV
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2015
Trolling and bullying again? grin

When posts don't massage their egos na to troll and bully grin

This mods need to come and wipe off some disgraceful comments here grin

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by oglalasioux(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2015
I totally agree.
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
how can you be dignifying village men that grew up in a thick forest raised by another illiterate mother who's purpose in life was to live to please a man grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

HNY!!!!! cheesy

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin grin grin

No it's an abomination for a woman to desire greatness. Everything must be about marriage and living to please a man grin

Any woman that is ambitious makes their phenese shrink as kanwuliajara would say grin

No wonder my posts always gives dustbin pusher and crackheads headache.unfortunately for the animals they're still in nl prison grin

All thanks to me grin

Till they know how to behave like normal human beings grin

Muchechecheche
Abeg release the "cyber aGBEROsclerosis" o!!!! cheesy
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

my madam from before before.. happy new year in advance. grin

We made it oooooooh!
HNY!!!!! grin

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin omg.k baby grin

Oti funny ju grin grin

But na true the HOPEE tok o! grin
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

But na true the HOPEE tok o! grin
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Muchechecheche
Abeg release the "cyber aGBEROsclerosis" o!!!! cheesy
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

HNY!!!!! cheesy
same to you sweet heart cheesy
Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by kelvinclint(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2016
#Lalastical. No wan Carry this thread to the front said.

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by aforti(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
kelvinclint:
.Girls need to be taught to see beyond marriage.
An average Nigerian girl, or say African girls in a broader scope wants to grow up, finish school and just get married. Nothing limits a woman as much as this. A man plans his life thus-
"grow up, MAKE MONEY,
raise a family".
A girl plans hers like-
"grow up, finish school, get
married".
Girls are not taught to dream
independently, they think
their final destination is in a
man's home. The "better
tomorrow" they are taught to
dream of is a tomorrow
inside their husband's home.
No! It's wrong. You need to
first carve a life for yourself
before you put yourself in
the control of a man.
Girls are taught To dream to
be Queens. Meaning they are
taught that no matter how
high they fly they still have
to be under a man, her
king.... When they could
actually be Kings themselves.
You might say getting
married doesn't stop you
from winning, but that's false.
Marriage creates a lot of
limitation for women...
Socially, economically, even
psychologically. Women are
home makers. A woman's
primary concern is building a
home. When you finish school
and you get married almost
immediately, childbirth,
domestic duties, etc will limit
your hustle. You are gonna
live your life in the shadow
of your husband. You are
gonna be just another
puppet in the hands of your
husband.
Some women even become
housewives, like you live all
your life under the sole
control of a man? From being
under your dad straight to
being under a man.... How do
you live with that?
Women need to be taught to
dream. They need to be
taught they are also an
independent being, and they
also need to carve out a life
for themselves.
African parents need to stop
putting pressure on their
female children to get
married immediately after
school. Teach them to strive
like they are the ones going
to raise a family on their
own. Boys are brought up to
strive, to create a Kingdom,
why can't women be taught to
be same?
Women and men will never
ever be equal if women are
trained to see their ultimate
end in the comfort of
marriage. Take your time,
how can you be just 23 and
you are already feeling ripe
to marry? What have you
achieved? Will you die if you
don't get married quickly?
Girls need to focus more on
personal development after
school. Life starts after
school... Try to make a living
for yourself. Girls need to
stop being pressured to
marry too quickly! They are
not men's properties!
Y'all need a new mindset
Africans.

Best post I have read in a long time. This is what I call educative. Not some petty posts everywhere

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Pidggin(f): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Lalasticlala don't you think the OP is on point? grin

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2016
Nigerian men getting unnecessarily intimidated by independent women since 1800BC. undecided undecided

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by kelvinclint(m): 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Best post I have read in a long time. This is what I call educative. Not some petty posts everywhere.
Thanks...

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by kelvinclint(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=Pidggin post=44900028]Lalasticlala don't you think the OP is on point? ;
help me tell him o

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by kelvinclint(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kath5kouture:
Nigerian men getting unnecessarily intimidated by independent women since 1800BC. undecided undecided

Re: Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage by pinkiberry(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2016
have you heard of an oyibo woman that was very rich but committed suicide because she wasn't married. all these rich ladies wish they are married like Linda ikeji n Genevieve nnaji. marriage cannot stop a woman from being successful.

P / Is This A True Sign Of Cheating? / I Had Sex With My Pastor