Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328285 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 2:23pm On May 17, 2012
Wish i could be drinking water, the way almost everybody is drinking water. I need to up my game.
@HG, am here ooo, everly reading everyone's post, it is not easy to stay without exercising, but i need the rest jare, though, i am detoxifying, am doing a 7 day serious detoxification, so even if i over-indulge smiley, i will still be fine. Miss exercising though!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 2:47pm On May 17, 2012
Ehen HG, you see what you have done to yourself tongue. I begged you to motivate me in the push-up challenge but you refused angry. Now babs2011 is on "official assignment" and you are alone grin. At least, i would have started with 5 a day and not 50 abi na 100 you said cheesy.

@Ronky dear, abeg what kind of detox are you doing. Pls let me know more about it. I feel bloated of late and i am thinking in that direction. Thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oluite(f): 5:55pm On May 17, 2012
I have been a silent follower and have started to derail so i need to be accountable so i am taking a break from being silent.I recently had a location change and have been very busy at work closing late sometimes this i guess helped me add some angry cry

35mins-brisk walk 33mins coupled simulated skipping grin 2mins(didn't use a jump rope)

thur food log
morning:2 crackers,1 apple
lunch:3 servings rice,plantain,2 piece of chicken
snack:1 apple
Dinner:will be crackers n carrot
N/B-(i attribute my weight gain to eating so late and going to bed immediately)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2012
oluite: I have been a silent follower and have started to derail so i need to be accountable so i am taking a break from being silent.I recently had a location change and have been very busy at work closing late sometimes this i guess helped me add some angry cry

35mins-brisk walk 33mins coupled simulated skipping grin 2mins(didn't use a jump rope)

thur food log
When the wait gain arrives, thou shall surface from thy hiding place oh oluite
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:03pm On May 17, 2012
uche13: My own lil suggestion as regards your last log is that i personally would rather have my carb meal for lunch and protein for dinner. I believe doing so would help my body burn off the carb meal since i am definitely most active during the day and get home very late at night and the next thing is to sleep.

Welcome back Uche and nice to see you are doing well. About the fasting, its really good for you. I have been there just try to get in as much calorie enough to carry you around and prolly little little workouts.
About the carbs/protein, thanks for the observation but I react to some proteins in the night especially my beans. I try to avoid taking any at night especially as main. The only time I can enjoy is in the morning or afternoon when am on the move, by that I don't feel a thing and won't even visit the loo.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:05pm On May 17, 2012
uche13: Ehen HG, you see what you have done to yourself tongue. I begged you to motivate me in the push-up challenge but you refused angry. Now babs2011 is on "official assignment" and you are alone grin. At least, i would have started with 5 a day and not 50 abi na 100 you said cheesy.

Ha uche!!! Bail me out and join me o, just click on that link I provided before. It is not 100 per day o, it is a progressive thingy till you arrive
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:09pm On May 17, 2012
oluite: I have been a silent follower and have started to derail so i need to be accountable so i am taking a break from being silent.I recently had a location change and have been very busy at work closing late sometimes this i guess helped me add some angry cry

thur food log

Welcome Olu, it is nice having people benefiting from this thread by silently following. Uche lost a lot doing that. Welcome to the club of loosers and well done on your workout for today
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:13pm On May 17, 2012
Today was fine again, it was a bit of a challenge today I mean my week 7. It is 1 min walking/4 mins of jogging all for 35 mins. I had to use my MP3 player so I would not be bored. Today's Log

35 mins on the treadmill
10 mins on the cycle
15 mins on the elliptical trainer
8 mins on massaging machine grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:27pm On May 17, 2012
Food Logs

6:45am - 1/2 cup cereal + 1/2 cup milk + 1 cube sugar

9:15am - 2 cups boiled rice + 4 plantain + 1 piece of fish

5:00pm - 1 can 320ml of fruit drink (EDGE)

7:30pm - 1 slice bread + 1teaspn of butter + 12 peanuts

Dinner - 2 medium slices of yam + 2 eggs + 1 piece of fish (really hungry tonight)

Water - 9 glasses of water

I did not count fruits today because I dint eat any wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 8:46pm On May 17, 2012
@all:its been a while. I have been unavoidably away from the thread. I will be back soon. I have been going through a lot lately and have not been able to put myself together to workout.worked out lat about a week ago. When its all over, i shall testify to the glory of God here on this thread. I have been eating right though and have not really added.
@HG love:thanks jare for checking. You are doing so so well in both your food logs and exercise.
@babs:wow,congrats dear.
@modath:you mean you are now 77kg? You are such an inspiration. You may not know but you were my main motivation when i joined the thread. Your introductory message on the forum was so inspiring.i had to save it on my system.i read it again this afternoon and something inside of me told me, you can do it too. Back then i never knew a forum like sparkpeople existed and even then, reading about the success story of a Nigerian brought it closer home.

Let me log my food even though i have not been exercising. I try to keep a food journal so that i dont go overboard, even though i dont log here.
Logs for yesterday 16/5/12
BF:1.5 cup of rice with a little stew (measured after cooking using the standard measuring cup)
Lunch:half a fist size amala with lots of vegetable with okro and a piece of liver
Dinner:
3 small mangoes,about 4 forks spaghetti cooked with vegetables
water:over 3 litres

I have the habit of eating about 5 mini meals daily but i have been managing to eat 3 times these days so that my body does not go into starvation mode
logs for today 17/5/12
BF:1.5 cooking spoon of spaghetti
L:2 big mangoes
D:1 medium size moimoi
water:over 2 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:58pm On May 17, 2012
modath:

I am @ 77.

I nearly missed that. Well done on your maintenanceville, you have done that for more than a year if I am correct, WayToGo girl.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:11pm On May 17, 2012
@ronky:pele oh, just take it easy with yourself.you deserve the rest after all the hardwork.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:30pm On May 17, 2012
mightlove: @all:its been a while. I have been unavoidably away from the thread. I will be back soon. I have been going through a lot lately and have not been able to put myself together to workout.worked out lat about a week ago. When its all over, i shall testify to the glory of God here on this thread. I have been eating right though and have not really added.
@HG love:thanks jare for checking. You are doing so so well in both your food logs and exercise.
@babs:wow,congrats dear.
@modath:you mean you are now 77kg? You are such an inspiration. You may not know but you were my main motivation when i joined the thread. Your introductory message on the forum was so inspiring.i had to save it on my system.i read it again this afternoon and something inside of me told me, you can do it too. Back then i never knew a forum like sparkpeople existed and even then, reading about the success story of a Nigerian brought it closer home.

Let me log my food even though i have not been exercising. I try to keep a food journal so that i dont go overboard, even though i dont log here.
Logs for yesterday 16/5/12
BF:1.5 cup of rice with a little stew (measured after cooking using the standard measuring cup)
Lunch:half a fist size amala with lots of vegetable with okro and a piece of liver
Dinner:
3 small mangoes,about 4 forks spaghetti cooked with vegetables
water:over 3 litres

I have the habit of eating about 5 mini meals daily but i have been managing to eat 3 times these days so that my body does not go into starvation mode
logs for today 17/5/12
BF:1.5 cooking spoon of spaghetti
L:2 big mangoes
D:1 medium size moimoi
water:over 2 litres

We will be right here waiting for it and praise God with you. I hope you are done quick so that your cross trainer does not gather dust. love you
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 2:19pm On May 18, 2012
Hi everyone
HG well done oh. Week 7...hmmm.
Welcome ML, we sure missed you oh
@Oluite, hope you would stop being a secret disciple. We need you here oh

Log for yesterday

B-nil
L-nil
Dinner- 2 servings of yam porridge and 2 small pieces of goat meat
Water-2.5 litres
Exercise- nil
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:17pm On May 18, 2012
Another good day, spent my whole time at the farmer's market today (It's a contributory thingy in the office and Friday is a fair day for us). I really went for tomatoes and pepper and onions, I had a fair bargain.

I came back to the office too tired for comfort, so I could not go to the gym. Today automatically became my rest day. I found myself doing something whenever I had to hurry to do a thing, I was jogging everywhere, it was actually spontaneous for me.

I thought I will do some resistance exercise this evening but not in a good frame of mind *news that one of my uncle had stroke and they are in town, mum also fell from the treadmill today* sad sad

Food Logs

7:15am - 1 cup cereal + 1/2 cup milk + 1 cube sugar

9:30am - 1 small sized apple

10:30am - 1 cup boiled rice + 3 tbspn beans + 1 local cheese

3:00pm - 2 3" sized pineapple (modath is anything wrong with pineapple, orange and banana?)

8:00pm - A handful of peanuts (agaby love whadda gat to say?)

8:45pm - 1/2 cup noodles + 1 cup vegetables + 1 egg + 2 plantain + dried fish

Water was ok, although I dint count today (more than 8 glasses anyways)

Exercise - Nil
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:32pm On May 18, 2012
Where is Burntcoal
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2012
Hour_Glass: Where is Burntcoal
She don disappear again
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 7:00am On May 19, 2012
@uche:thanks
@HG:Thanks. I personally dont think there is anything wrong with bananas.they can be really feeling.i know they are high in calories and so should be eaten in moderation.coincidentally, i had some really nice bananas yesterday.
Pele, your uncle will be fine in Jesus' name and your mum too. Hope she didnt get injured. On another note, its good to know that she is into this fitness thingy too.it feels so good. You wont believe that my mum jumps rope and jogs too, even though not very consistently.
Have a great weekend and lets know how everything goes.
My logs for yesterday 18/5/12
BF:1 cup of white rice with stew and 2 boiled eggs
LUNCH:2 big bananas with a handful of peanut, a 6 inch corn on the cob with a small piece of coconut
SNACK:2 big banana with some peanut
DINNER:about 4 forks of indomie and a handful of chips with 1.5 fried egg
WATER:slightly over 3 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 9:58am On May 19, 2012
Hey evry1 aw r u doin. Wel i dint disapia o wen i'm nt fadeyi in yoruba film.(lol) wel i'm good&kicking it's bin xercise al 2ru, most tyms wen i'm here i jst read ppl's comments&leave. Dis monday wil b my week4@exercises& training. Besides joggin in my street i've startd goin 2d stadium 3ce a wik. I'm learnin kungfu(dat 1 sef enuf 2burn ur fats very streneous) I've bin seein changes bt nt dat prominent (people should be noticin it na abi? Anyways i wont b discouraged) now i jog 4 abt 1hr30mins a day(i did 1000 skips b4 bt ysteday i did 550 cos of sum pains in my joints). Now my major prob is dat i can't diet(just cant do it) bt i'll just be watchin wat i take. U can't imagine i saw sum foods&i'l eye dem lyk meatpie, fanta, doughnut snacks sha!(but it ain't easy o.) since i've startd 3wiks ago i made sure dat al i ate were proteins&lil carbs. U al av bin a source of inspiratn 2me. Hmmm all my mates r gonna b thrilled wen we see next month 4our call up letter. *yipeeee!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:26pm On May 19, 2012
Burntcoal: Hey evry1 aw r u doin. Wel i dint disapia o wen i'm nt fadeyi in yoruba film.(lol) wel i'm good&kicking it's bin xercise al 2ru, most tyms wen i'm here i jst read ppl's comments&leave. Dis monday wil b my week4@exercises& training. Besides joggin in my street i've startd goin 2d stadium 3ce a wik. I'm learnin kungfu(dat 1 sef enuf 2burn ur fats very streneous) I've bin seein changes bt nt dat prominent (people should be noticin it na abi? Anyways i wont b discouraged) now i jog 4 abt 1hr30mins a day(i did 1000 skips b4 bt ysteday i did 550 cos of sum pains in my joints). Now my major prob is dat i can't diet(just cant do it) bt i'll just be watchin wat i take. U can't imagine i saw sum foods&i'l eye dem lyk meatpie, fanta, doughnut snacks sha!(but it ain't easy o.) since i've startd 3wiks ago i made sure dat al i ate were proteins&lil carbs. U al av bin a source of inspiratn 2me. Hmmm all my mates r gonna b thrilled wen we see next month 4our call up letter. *yipeeee!

You have been doing great and just as I see do not give in to any junk. Well done on your workouts and take it easy too so that you don't override the horse and break.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2012
To maintain weight= eat the amount you burn
To lose weight= burn more than you eat. This can mean that you eat normal and sensibly but work out harder or deprive yourself and work out averagely.

When you eat, eat healthy!

Have a nice weekend.

Where is the class monitor? wink kiss kiss
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:07pm On May 19, 2012
@burntcoal:am so proud of you. Your workouts are great.please keep it up even when you go for service, inshort let it become part of your life and you will be glad you did.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 3:04pm On May 19, 2012
@HG&ML,
Thanks for the props,I really do appreciate it,it hasn't been easy but its WORTH it!!

@ML,
I have been maintaining between 77-78kg sometimes 79(80 is the dreaded no)I was even 75kg for a short period of time last year but I just couldn't stick with the effort the maintainance required,I had to work out everyday and I just couldn't do it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oluite(f): 9:29pm On May 19, 2012
grin grin

agabaI23:
When the wait gain arrives, thou shall surface from thy hiding place oh oluite
Sat log -
Break fast-1 boiled plantain with stew 1 piece of meat.
Lunch-2 wraps moimoi
Snack-4 crackers biscuit
Dinner-fish pepper soup
4 crackers
Couldn't exercise rainy day but was busy n walked back n forth several times.

Hour_Glass:

Welcome Olu, it is nice having people benefiting from this thread by silently following. Uche lost a lot doing that. Welcome to the club of loosers and well done on your workout for today
Thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:21pm On May 19, 2012
Baby howdy?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:25pm On May 19, 2012
Today

5:30am - 1 big mango

7:45am - 1 cup cereal + 2.5 tbspns milk + 1 cube sugar

8:00am - 1 cup noodles + dried fish

3:20pm - 1 cup rice + 25g meat

5:00pm - 24 pieces of peanuts

6:00pm - 1 large mango

7:00pm - 1/2 cup rice + 2 pcs of ponmon

Water - 10 glasses

Exercise - nil.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2012
Hour_Glass: Baby howdy?
Happy Sunday sweets
I am cool, you?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:00pm On May 20, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:01pm On May 20, 2012
agabaI23:
Happy Sunday sweets
I am cool, you?

feeling good, looking good

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.