Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327660 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:37pm On May 02, 2012
[url]sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1568[/url]

Burntcoal, click the link and get some useful info.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 2:54pm On May 02, 2012
Good morning guys,

@Burntcoal dear...if your body is aching too much, take panadol or tylenol depending on where you live, please try and do a warm-up before you start any exercise, and after the whole exercise always do a cool-down....that helps your heart rate go down slowly and stretching will help your whole body, it reduces the pain you will be having in your muscles and joints.

@Babs2011, my dear i full ground oooo, no shaking!!! how have you been seeing you are going strong on your exercises, good one.

@Freshface, sometimes you need a break, as long as you are watching what goes into your mouth and the quantity, you will be fine. but it is time you went back to your 1000 skips, my dear...you are strong, i did 500 the other day, i almost collapsed, though i felt good after it.

@HG, how far now....have you climbed the scale yet? lets hear ooooo smiley smiley
@modath, mightlove, Eschala hope you all are doing good.....lets keep up the good work.

Logs for yesterday 40 mins intense cardio, [you tube] it was really, really intense. had fun though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:37pm On May 02, 2012
ronkebp:

@HG, how far now....have you climbed the scale yet? lets hear ooooo smiley smiley

Ha my sister, I haven't o and maybe the end of this week will tell, lol. I just don't want anything to throway col water for my mind now. You know what I mean. When am done with week 5 this week, then I will weigh. But I can proudly tell you that my endurance level has greatly increased. Running/walking 1 mile in less than 10 mins is no joke o. Keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 9:40pm On May 02, 2012
Gud eve pals aw's bin our day? Logs4 2day may/02/2012:no joggin cos of d aches, bt I tuk a loooong walk 4rm 3:30pm tn 5pm(i nearly collapse on my way home considerin d aches in my thighs&legs) @9pm I did 10crunches&50 skips. Now food taken: morn= rice&fish, aftanun=beans&bread, evenin= eba&ewedu soup. Am i on track? I'll let u know aw tomorow goes. Good nite.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 10:02pm On May 02, 2012
@Agaba123: thank u so much, I needed dat kick in d butt! I don't want to do it a second time o! Can't begin to imagine all d effort! D exercise endorphins helped, thx

@Babs: thx dearie, I just had to do it! Dat Nike stuff works joor! Excuses plenty! And yes, d party is in a few weeks, I av to work harder! Watch out hot momma coming thru lol!

@HG: thx darl, I just av to keep on keeping on o! Jumping rope is a fun and effective workout. U use a lot of muscle groups too. I too can't wait for dis ur weigh in o. Weldone!

@Ronke: thank u dear, I think I needed d weekend getaway. Weldone with d skips! U can build on it! I need to step up mine too.

2/5/12
1200skips, 150squats, 100abs,50girly pressups

I feel so glad that I joined this forum, I wouldn't av done it on my own, u guys don't know how u've kept me going. U've bn a rock, a pillar of support, u've picked me up wen I was down. For dis I remain eternally grateful! Love u guyz!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 10:15pm On May 02, 2012
Burntcoal: Gud eve pals aw's bin our day? Logs4 2day may/02/2012:no joggin cos of d aches, bt I tuk a loooong walk 4rm 3:30pm tn 5pm(i nearly collapse on my way home considerin d aches in my thighs&legs) @9pm I did 10crunches&50 skips. Now food taken: morn= rice&fish, aftanun=beans&bread, evenin= eba&ewedu soup. Am i on track? I'll let u know aw tomorow goes. Good nite.

Wow! Weldone babes! Now dats determination if u ask me! Ur workout is great. Now about d diet, I personally feel it plays a bigger role in losing wt than exercises, I mean u can only burn so much calories with any workout. E.g you av to skip like 1500 at high intensity to burn abt 300cals! However, u need ur workouts for d toning n firming while losing weight and for ur general wellbeing, fitness n endurance level. So d diet u can control better. Try not to av more than one carb meal in a day (some say 1 carb meal/week sef!) U had rice,bread n eba today, these r not fat burning foods. U can av a protein meal, a carb meal and fruits/veg meal. Hope this helps.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 8:15am On May 03, 2012
Freshface:

Wow! Weldone babes! Now dats determination if u ask me! Ur workout is great. Now about d diet, I personally feel it plays a bigger role in losing wt than exercises, I mean u can only burn so much calories with any workout. E.g you av to skip like 1500 at high intensity to burn abt 300cals! However, u need ur workouts for d toning n firming while losing weight and for ur general wellbeing, fitness n endurance level. So d diet u can control better. Try not to av more than one carb meal in a day (some say 1 carb meal/week sef!) U had rice,bread n eba today, these r not fat burning foods. U can av a protein meal, a carb meal and fruits/veg meal. Hope this helps.
gud morn tanks 4ur reply, i had done my 1hour joggin,+skippin. Now i saw a timetable 4 nigerian meals if u wanna loose weight. I can eat dem cos i'll vomit i can't eat a meal widout pepper, aw can i eat 2 boiled eggs and 2 apples in d morn for six hours etc i'll simply starve!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:47pm On May 03, 2012
Thursday 3rd May

JM Ripped In 30 - Level 4

Good work peeps smiley

@Ronky: I dey o, just keeping on trying to be consistent - its all good wink
@ML: just checking on you dear, hope you are feeling better?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 8:02pm On May 03, 2012
hi all,
3/5/12
1500skips,50squats,300cycle,100abs,100biceps curls
Gudnyt
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:20pm On May 03, 2012
Hi All,
How are you doing?keep up the good work.

@Freshface/Burntcoal,
Do not follow Oyinbo food,e no go work! Where are you going to get muesli,kale,quinoa,salmon etc? They are guidelines,I repeat GUIDELINES.Believe it or not,we Negroes can't weigh the same as caucasians and not look sickly,I feel their skintone is also one of the reasons a 5'6 woman can weigh 55kg and not look like a bag of bones.
My 5'4 niece is about 60kg and she is from looking overweight but according to the BMI chart,she is close.The max you can do is to practise portion control/clean eating. Leave the starvation to the Angelina jolies and Guiliana Rancics!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:18pm On May 03, 2012
modath:
@Freshface/Burntcoal,
The max you can do is to practise portion control/clean eating. Leave the starvation to the Angelina Jolies and Guiliana Rancics!!!

hmmmmmn, word from the lab rat herself.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:14am On May 04, 2012
Hour_Glass:

hmmmmmn, word from the lab rat herself.
grin cheesy grin at the Lab Rat reference...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:49am On May 04, 2012
Friday 4th May

Tae Bo 'Ultimate Lower Body' - 45 mins

@ Modath: I'm similar stats with your cousin. When I lost weight last year I reached 61kg and I was alarming lots of people that I looked too thin etc (couldn't see it for myself but thats another story...), yet my BMI was just under 25... (I'm 5'4 too). I had to balance it out by hovering around 63/64kg mark to look 'healthy' and have nice curves yet my bmi at this level is 25/26 just bordering overweight - go figure .
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:14pm On May 04, 2012
modath:
grin cheesy grin at the Lab Rat reference...

Of course you have been there and you have seen it all and you won. I am gradually making myself one too.

About the statistics, all I want is just to leave this baloon stage and let my beauty emerge once and for all. Would you believe that where my nose joins with my skin has been hidden for years, the fact that I can see my lovely pointed nose now is no joke. Stuff like that come with a new definition of beauty, someone still remarked that yesterday.
On my way to gym joo, to bring out my beautiful nose from hiding for the world to see, lol.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 9:45pm On May 04, 2012
Hi y'all,
4/5/12
2500skips,200squats,100lunges,100abs,100biceps curls

Read somewhere skipping dinner slows ur metab and puts ur body in starvation mode at night. So I've decided to take fruits/veggies for dinner even if I'm mot hungry! This now takes my calories upto 1200. Let's see aw dis works out. I still av a long long wayyyyy to go!
Gudnyt folks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:57pm On May 05, 2012
hey guys, how una all dey?thanks for checking on me babs. Am quite better. Taking it easy with myself jare.
Logs for thursday 3/5/2012
30 minutes on the elliptical machine
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:06pm On May 05, 2012
mightlove: Am quite better.

pele o, how body? Rest is what you need. In this naija system, working and working out looks like a duplication a times, the only difference is that one brings stress and the other relieves it. Take care

@FF, 2500 skips shocked, that is what I call wow!!! Well done dearie

Anyways back to business, today I stood on my scale and I was not surprised to see the pointer on 80kg. I don't know why but I was actually expecting an increase. I just had a hunch that my weight had increased despite the busy week, the healthy choices etc. So I wasn't too down in my spirit either, I just braced up and went on with my daily duty, washing, scrubbing etc, I even planned going to the gym to conclude my week 5 run (one day more), but the rain threat really kept me indoors. It is all good, better days are ahead I believe.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 8:25pm On May 05, 2012
@HG: Thanks dear. Well done too!

5/5/12
2000skips,100squats,100lunges,100abs,100biceps
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 8:25pm On May 05, 2012
:
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:21pm On May 06, 2012
Hi all, what is happening here na? Where is everybody o? Hope you are making plans for the new week? Try write them out here if possible so that we might continue checking on ourselves.
For me this week, am sure I am running 4 days this week and the trainer told me I would start strength training, but I promise myself I won't use any gym machine if that is whatz on her mind. I will rather use the dumbells and barbells for lunges, continue with my situps (these are all gym activities). I am starting my 100 pushups challenge 2moro too, you can join me if you are interested www.hundredpushups.com

Nice week ahead buddies. Early to bed early to rise, modath how dey go dey go na?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 6:43am On May 07, 2012
Good morn all, aw was the weekend? I hope u all had fun. I wanna thank everybody in this forum, u av been a source of encouragement. Thanks hourglass, modath, babsy fire.... Well i started last week and my sweatpants can hardly stay on my waist and thighs. I av started seein changes even thou little. My problem is the dieting part o. Pls help *winks* *muah* Av a nice week pals. Thank God! Week1 done.......... Week2 day1=1hour jogs, 300 skips, 20 crunches. Nearly fainted.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:08pm On May 07, 2012
logs for yesterday
level 1 of jms 30 day shred
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:13pm On May 07, 2012
Sunday 6th May
Jogging- 30 mins

Monday 7th May
Cathe HIIT workout - 30 mins

Burnt coal: great to hear u r seeing some results, food issue can totally derail ur hard work if not addressed so glad u r aware of this. Self control is the main way and it has to be practiced at every food choice u make. Other tips like increasing your water intake ( aim for at least 2.5 ltrs daily) eating smaller portions of your fav meals ( self control also needed here) and filling your plate up with more veg can help.
ML: I see u r easing ur way back nicely smiley
HG: good luck with the press up challenge, will check out the link, my upper body strength is not so good so cld do with incorporating push ups more into my routine, we'll c..
@all:wishing u a good week ahead.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:29pm On May 07, 2012
Hi All,
How una dey??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:07am On May 08, 2012
modath: Hi All,
How una dey??

Good, and you?

Anyone with me on this pushup challenge. I was able to log 25 pushups this morning (too tired to do it yesterday). Week 5 of my run was done yesterday and week 6 starts today. I also started with some strength moves yesterday, the least weight I saw was 5kg, it was worth it.

Have a nice and stay healthy.

Well done burntcoal and babsy? ML hw'r u doin nw?

aronky pls show your face o, 123 where you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:57am On May 08, 2012
Tuesday 8th May

Step Aerobics - 40 mins

Push ups - 30 sets

@HG: I'm there with you on the challenge o! Checked out the link and sounds good, so i started this morning doing 3 sets of 10. E no easy o, collapsed after doing 4 initially then had to take rests in between to complete the rest. Will see if I can do a few more this evening.

@modath: I dey o, good to see you popping in - trust u r doing fine., you're like our fairy godmother here smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:16pm On May 08, 2012
Hour_Glass:

pele o, how body? Rest is what you need. In this naija system, working and working out looks like a duplication a times, the only difference is that one brings stress and the other relieves it. Take care

@FF, 2500 skips shocked, that is what I call wow!!! Well done dearie

Anyways back to business, today I stood on my scale and I was not surprised to see the pointer on 80kg. I don't know why but I was actually expecting an increase. I just had a hunch that my weight had increased despite the busy week, the healthy choices etc. So I wasn't too down in my spirit either, I just braced up and went on with my daily duty, washing, scrubbing etc, I even planned going to the gym to conclude my week 5 run (one day more), but the rain threat really kept me indoors. It is all good, better days are ahead I believe.

@HG, My dear, not bad at all, you gained muscles nmass, which is a good thing, it will help your metabolism fast.

Hi ALL good morning, what has been happening??, i am seeing good workouts up there.
@ Freshface, you are killing me in a good way, with those 2500 skips? what da?!!! good, am proud of you oooo

no workouts for me over the weekend, did spring cleaning for 3 hours on friday, was a little bit sick form the allergies, so did not exercise saturday and sunday.

But yesterday, did 40 minutes of cardio, loved it, did 500 skips, 200 jumping jacks, 150 squats,100 oblique twist, 20 pushups, 2 minutes plank position and 100 abs crunches, i mixed everything up and it was fun. so everything spread out to 40 minutes, my sweat was dripping, did not each much yesterday so might have burnt so much calories.
This week, am cutting out sugar, no sugar for me at all, am not a fan of honey, so i will be using splenda as a substitute for the rest of the week.

Take care guys and keep doing your 'thang'!!!! smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:17pm On May 08, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Good, and you?

Anyone with me on this pushup challenge. I was able to log 25 pushups this morning (too tired to do it yesterday). Week 5 of my run was done yesterday and week 6 starts today. I also started with some strength moves yesterday, the least weight I saw was 5kg, it was worth it.

Have a nice and stay healthy.

Well done burntcoal and babsy? ML hw'r u doin nw?

aronky pls show your face o, 123 where you dey?

My dear, i dey here oooo.....smiley))
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:27pm On May 08, 2012
ronkebp:
@HG, My dear, not bad at all, you gained muscles nmass, which is a good thing, it will help your metabolism fast.

Thank you Aronky, someone already told me that but I feel there are other dimensions to the coin. It could be TOM (almost), I had an occasion along the way and eating was too few and quite haphazard. You can see it is easier to say it "muscle mass". Time will tell sha. Trust me those your workouts are killer
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 08, 2012
Hi All,
Wow you guys are really great on this thread, it is great to enter such a vibrant and supportive thread.

I have been losing the battle a bit and had put on about 3/4kg , but I am now back untrack.

I have recently started on a raw food diet (not strict ooh!).

I need to seriously kick in with an excercise programme now and get a routine going.

Regarding BMI's I think that the BMI ranges published are based on white people's bodies and frame.

I think Africans have heavier bones and are generally more muscular than white people, hence I think a BMI of 27/28 would probably be a within the ideal range for black people.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:38am On May 09, 2012
GenBuhari: Hi All,
Wow you guys are really great on this thread, it is great to enter such a vibrant and supportive thread.

I have been losing the battle a bit and had put on about 3/4kg , but I am now back untrack.

I have recently started on a raw food diet (not strict ooh!).

I need to seriously kick in with an excercise programme now and get a routine going.

Regarding BMI's I think that the BMI ranges published are based on white people's bodies and frame.

I think Africans have heavier bones and are generally more muscular than white people, hence I think a BMI of 27/28 would probably be a within the ideal range for black people.

Welcome back GenB, its nice to have you back and its good to know you are well. We have missed you here though. The statement about BMI is quite educative, thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Olynkem: 7:36am On May 09, 2012
Weight loss or fat loss - Which is better?

You often hear lose weight…I want to lose weight.

Losing fat is no the same as losing weight. Anybody can lose weight. When you fast or skip meals, your weight drops – you are not burning fat, just painfully losing your muscle and water from your body.

When you talk of losing fat, is all about burning the fat and feeding your muscle. You must learn to distinguish between the two. The scale can be very misleading if it the only criteria you use for measurement.

Let us take for instance a woman that weigh 60kg and have 30% body fat and another woman that weigh 70kg very lean with 15% body fat. What can you say of this two individual. So you the problem are not weight loss but fat loss. When you burn fat you gain that lean sexy body and will make your husband to be crazy about you again – like those good old days.

Having said that, you goal should be losing fat while maintaining muscle. You muscle is the factory that controls fat loss. That is why when you starve or skip meals, you are in extension starving your muscle. The implication is that when you starve your muscle, you lose it along with the fat. When you lose muscle, your metabolism slows down and your body enters starvation mode. At this point, fat loss comes to a stop as your body tries to conserve its energy.

At some point you give up and gain back all the fat you lost. It is a vicious cycle; some people will give up and start complaining, I have been trying but it not working for me.

So go for fat loss!

To your fat loss success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.