Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328195 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:46am On May 09, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Good, and you?

Anyone with me on this pushup challenge. I was able to log 25 pushups this morning (too tired to do it yesterday). Week 5 of my run was done yesterday and week 6 starts today. I also started with some strength moves yesterday, the least weight I saw was 5kg, it was worth it.

Have a nice and stay healthy.

Well done burntcoal and babsy? ML hw'r u doin nw?

aronky pls show your face o, 123 where you dey?
Went awol to draw you attention. Now I got it grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:59am On May 09, 2012
agabaI23:
Went awol to draw you attention. Now I got it grin

who said you got it?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:58pm On May 09, 2012
exercise logs for yesterday 8/5/2012
zumba live workout dvd
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:09pm On May 09, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Thank you Aronky, someone already told me that but I feel there are other dimensions to the coin. It could be TOM (almost), I had an occasion along the way and eating was too few and quite haphazard. You can see it is easier to say it "muscle mass". Time will tell sha. Trust me those your workouts are killer

My dear, same thing happened to me last week, i climbed the scale and i gained 2 pounds, but it was from (TOM) and the muscle training i did. i loved it though, because i stepped on the scale again and i am down 2 pounds. So you are right it could be....(how i hate those times) smiley

@Mightlove, you can never go wrong with those Zumba dances, i love zumba-ing it grin...and you sweat well too.

@Olynkem, thank you so much, that was very informative...i will put that personally at the back of my hands.

@Gen Buhari...welcome back, we missed you. carry those dumbells and start burning all those fats.grin

Logs for yesterday, 25 minutes total cardio, was too tired to go all the way, i think the sugar (at least the raw sugar) i cut of my daily diet, is making feel so ill. Am still taking enough carbohydrates, but i was so addicted to drinking tea at least 3 times a day, and i put so much sugar in them...but my not adding it to my tea or anything that requires sugar, is making me really feel sick and tired. am not going to give up though. No sugar for me for the next 2 weeks. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 4:22pm On May 09, 2012
Wed 9th May

Ultimate Tae bo Lower Body - 45 mins

Push ups - 32

@Gen B: great to see you posting, don't be a stranger, keep posting here and let us know how you are doing with the diet.
@Ronky: good stuff with trying to reduce sugar intake. You might be experiencing 'withdrawal' symptoms to the lack of sugar. Your body will adjust and get used to it and your taste buds too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 5:46pm On May 09, 2012
Hi everyone

Log for yesterday
1,500 skips, 200 jumping jacks and 50 squats( motivated by FF and Ronky's exercise routine)

@HG, abeg count me out for that push-up challenge oh.My difficulty in push-up is directly proportional to that of yours for skipping grin. But seriously, i have tried to do push up well. Only succeeded well in the one done in level 2 of JM shred or do you have any way of teaching me cos i keep falling flat on my face.

@FF, your workout is so awesome

@ML, I have all them zumba but you need to see me doing the workout shamefully without regard to the dance steps(I'm a terrible dancer) embarassed

@Babs, i love your consistency. so awesome

@Gen-Buhari, welcome back sir!(salutes the General)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:57pm On May 09, 2012
uche13:

@HG, abeg count me out for that push-up challenge oh.My difficulty in push-up is directly proportional to that of yours for skipping grin. But seriously, i have tried to do push up well. Only succeeded well in the one done in level 2 of JM shred or do you have any way of teaching me cos i keep falling flat on my face.

wow, hehehehehehe, now that is funny. But nothing to teach o, maybe you try to too many at the sametime. If you put your mind to it then you can, if you check that site you can start your own from level 1, you will catch up faster than you can imagine. Better preached than practiced sha, would you believe that up till now am not skipping? But trust me before this year goes to an end I will do it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:05pm On May 09, 2012
babs2011:
Push ups - 32

Push it up baby girl!! I really love that, just follow quietly we shall soon get there. 5 more weeks to go.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 9:10pm On May 09, 2012
Hey good people aw has been our day. Hope its good. Week2day2=1hour jog, 600 skips, 30 crunches, just 2press ups(ashamed). En en Concernin d skips i noticed that my tissue behind my leg is painful o&most times when skippin i sweat in my face. But it ain't easy o
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:22pm On May 09, 2012
babs2011: Wed 9th May

Push ups - 32

Barbie girl,32 REAL ones all at once!! shocked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:58am On May 10, 2012
Hour_Glass:

who said you got it?
Me!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:22am On May 10, 2012
@all:una welldone oh.
@ronky:zumba is real fun, you dont even know when 1 hr is over
@gen:welcome back.
@burntcoal:you are doing so well
@HG:hw is d push up thingy going, i for join u oh, but i just cant get myself to so real pushups, make i dey manage my girly pushups for now until i get lighter.
@uche:lol, am a terrible dancer too and i never pay so much attention to the accuracy of the steps. I make sure i keep up or surpass their intensity, but its real fun.
@babs:d billy blanks woman, carry go
@modath:how are u doing.always checking on us once in a while.

I no do anyexercise yesterday oh.maybe i will today
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:42pm On May 10, 2012
mightlove: @HG:hw is d push up thingy going, i for join u oh, but i just cant get myself to so real pushups, make i dey manage my girly pushups for now until i get lighter.

Thanks ML, am good and really surprising myself o. Now I know why its easy for barbie, if you have ever been under Taebo's Bootcamp, it wont be much of a matter to you.
I wish to also try zumba someday.
@all, stay well.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:02pm On May 10, 2012
Thursday 10th May

Power walk- 60 mins

Well done everyone! smiley
As per the push ups, I do them in sets not all at once haba! shocked (I haven't yet reached that stage) the 32 push ups were broken down into 4 sets of 8 with 60 sec rest in-between each set. Really felt it in my upper arms this morning so resting today and will pick up tmrw. The site recommends doing it 3 times a week to start with.
HG: we shall get there!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 3:23pm On May 10, 2012
Good day everyone smiley.

Log for yesterday

1,000 skips, 50 squats, 50 bicep curls

My body is aching badly. Am sure its DOMS, I have not done squats in a long while and the one i did on Tuesday is still hurting me. My whole laps are on fire and i am tempted to take pain killers embarassed
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 7:32pm On May 10, 2012
Hey guys.....warrup!!!

@Babs2011 yiou can say that again, that 'withdrawal thingy' is really affecting my life.smiley

Logs for yesterday...35 minutes yoga...no power for cardio....
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:09pm On May 10, 2012
Hi all, its good to see everyone on their toes including me.

Started proper strength training today, as I said earlier the least weight that is [b]challenging [/b]is 5kg. So lots and lots of pressings and bends and liftings + my 36 push ups this morning. I should lift the barbell tomorrow and see how it goes.

My usual stuff is my running plan (today 32mins) + 20 minutes on elliptical trainer. I was feeling really high by the time I was done today and I was truly happy with myself. Tomorrow is another day etc...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Olynkem: 8:17pm On May 10, 2012
You see, whether you are successful or not with your mission of having a flat belly or losing weight will depend on about 80% of your dietary efforts. Are you aware that most Nigerian meals that we cherish so much are fat storing foods? eg pounded yam and egusi soup.Now eating pounded yam with egusi soup would contain at most 1,200 calories for ONE meal. Not only that, 1g of fat = 9 calories and 1g of carbohydrates = 4 calories. When you eat a plate of pounded yam with egusi soup or such meals that contain mostly carbohydrates and fat of between 1000 – 1,200 calories in only one meal...

So when you eat our typical Nigerian meals (containing both carbs and fat) it IS the reason for Belly Fat and Weight GAIN because.. even though fat can be stored even without insulin, the presence of insulin (from carbs) at the same time with Leptin makes the STORAGE of fat even easier.

Guess where the fat are stored?

Your belly…your arms(christain mothers hand)…your thigh….your hips….your neck…even your eyelids. So your success in your weight loss campaign is not just about sleeping in the gym but largely depends on your diet.so when you return from gym you head to dinning and consume a plate of egusi soup and pounded yam or garri...you know what you have done.

In summary, our typical Nigerian Diet are:

Carbs + fat = insulin + leptin
Insulin (storage hormone) + Leptin = FAT Storage
Fat Storage = BELLY Fat and BODY Fat

The truth is you simply CANNOT get in top physical, trim and healthy shape (flat-belly) without living in a state of eating healthy, Fat-BURNING meals.

I will advise that you eat Nigeria meals that will increase your metabolism and can convert your body to a fat burning machine

all the best
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:37pm On May 10, 2012
Hour_Glass: Hi all, its good to see everyone on their toes including me.

Started proper strength training today, as I said earlier the least weight that is [b]challenging [/b]is 5kg. So lots and lots of pressings and bends and liftings + my 36 push ups this morning. I should lift the barbell tomorrow and see how it goes.

My usual stuff is my running plan (today 32mins) + 20 minutes on elliptical trainer. I was feeling really high by the time I was done today and I was truly happy with myself. Tomorrow is another day etc...
I guess you are doing very well but still lacking in some department
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:41pm On May 10, 2012
agabaI23:
I guess you are doing very well but still lacking in some department

which is? I need to know
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:47pm On May 10, 2012
Hour_Glass:

which is? I need to know
Attention where it matters most grin
I have not seen you in my house for over a week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:01pm On May 10, 2012
Olynkem: ...is not just about sleeping in the gym but largely depends on your diet.so when you return from gym you head to dinning and consume a plate of egusi soup and pounded yam or garri...you know what you have done.

Can you be a little modest with your choice of words as you try to impact knowledge? Sleeping in the gym is actually a matter as long as what you eat and the exercise you do has got numbers attached to them in form of calories. When I have 1800cals for the day and I come out of the gym and head to eat 1200 cals of poundy, and its my only major meal for the day, I still have 600 cals to take care of me for the rest of the day. So In my kind opinion what you need is discipline and lots of it to keep this a lifestyle, not [b]deprivation [/b]because you wan become Agbani.

I will advise that you eat Nigeria meals that will increase your metabolism and can convert your body to a fat burning machine

which are
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:06pm On May 10, 2012
agabaI23:
Attention where it matters most grin
I have not seen you in my house for over a week.

hehehehehehehe, why did I not read your mind?
Anyways, the next time we catch you will be surprised, the way I will handle you. Am all strength now
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2012
Hour_Glass:

hehehehehehehe, why did I not read your mind?
Anyways, the next time we catch you will be surprised, the way I will handle you. Am all strength now
You could not read my mind because you've been detached for a while.

I can't wait for you to handle me and vice versa. Are there kids in the house? close your ears abeg tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Olynkem: 12:26am On May 11, 2012
"EWEDU" Fat-BURNING Recipe

INGREDIENTS
RECIPE MAKES 1 SERVING

1 cup of Ewedu leaf (Jute leaf)
Salt
Locust beans (iru)
Potash (optional)
1 cup of water

DIRECTIONS

1. Remove Ewedu leaves from the stem and wash them. Chop into pieces on a chopping board.
2. Put one cup of water in a pot and bring to boil. Pour the chop ewedu into the boiling water. Add the locust beans (iru) and potash if desired. Allow to boil for 10 minutes, with the pot uncovered.
3. Add salt to taste and cook for another five minutes. Serve with a special fat-burning stew with our mystery fat-burning “swallow” and enjoy!

NUTRITION PROFILE

CALORIES IN EWEDU: 80 Calories

PROTEIN: 60%
CARBOHYDRATES: 40%
FAT: 0%
BEST EATEN: Anytime - Morning, Noon and Night

I have over 101 amazing Fat Burning Nigerian Meals at my disposal. To get your own FREE copy of it and other weight loss tips all for free, simply send email to harry.burnfatfast@info.trafficwave.net.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:31am On May 11, 2012
Thanks for the welcome all. smiley

just did a few press ups.

Ate some cooked food today (more rice and chips than I would have liked), had busy active day.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:07am On May 11, 2012
babs2011: Thursday 10th May

Power walk- 60 mins

Well done everyone! smiley
As per the push ups, I do them in sets not all at once haba! shocked (I haven't yet reached that stage) the 32 push ups were broken down into 4 sets of 8 with 60 sec rest in-between each set.

Barbie,thanks for the clarification cheesy cos I was wondering why you haven't released your own DVD with that kind of upper body strenght, since I've been on this I haven't been able to do more than 10-12 at a go(1st set,subsequent sets 5-7)cos its not only hard my backbone wouldn't stand up for it. grin(pun intended)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:21am On May 11, 2012
@HG&Agaba,
Thought you guys were done?? ,know now not to trust the wolf with little red hiding hood. HG,did you or did you not promise to run the other way when you see him coming? cry

On to the next;HG,do you have to respond to every bait?? People come on this thread,read through three pages,then go ahead to pass judgement on things they know next to nothing about,if the advices were constructive or analytical,maybe one would give it a go,but they usually come off condescending and IGNORANT .
Like I affirmed the other day,no matter the level of provocation I am not breaking my resolve!!
Ciao...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:28am On May 11, 2012
uche13: Good day everyone smiley.

Log for yesterday

1,000 skips, 50 squats, 50 bicep curls

My body is aching badly. Am sure its DOMS, I have not done squats in a long while and the one i did on Tuesday is still hurting me. My whole laps are on fire and i am tempted to take [b][/b]pain killers embarassed

Why not,take ibuprofen(for one day) if the pain is too much for you to manage,there is absolutely nothing wrong with it,what's bad is taking painkillers after every workout,if you are just getting back,its ok.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:37am On May 11, 2012
mightlove:
@modath:how are u doing.always checking on us once in a while.
Babe,I have to cos I not only enjoy doing it,it keeps the fire burning in me .I am human and can't and won't get it right [color=#990000][/color]MOST times but the days when that other inner voice(Negativity)speaks and try to bring me down,knowing I have my you guys renews me,its a co-dependent thing.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:03am On May 11, 2012
modath:

On to the next;HG,do you have to respond to every bait?? People come on this thread,read through three pages,then go ahead to pass judgement on things they know next to nothing about,if the advices were constructive or analytical,maybe one would give it a go,but they usually come off condescending and IGNORANT .
Like I affirmed the other day,no matter the level of provocation I am not breaking my resolve!!
Ciao...

My sista see my back for floor o. I really had a hunch he is an advertiser but could not prove it till now. I am just trying so that someone will not come and pollute the minds of newbies on the thread. I will learn to keep my cool so that they can display their ignorance better for all to read.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2012
modath: @HG&Agaba,
Thought you guys were done?? ,know now not to trust the wolf with little red hiding hood. HG,did you or did you not promise to run the other way when you see him coming? cry

Ciao...
Yea she sure does that tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.