Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327606 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Good day all, the thread has lost its mojo.
Let's try and get it back.

Nice work Agaba smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hey Barby
Welcome back

Thursday
Treadmill
At elevation 10, worked at the speed of 7 km/hr for 4 km
Made it 5 km at 12 km/hr at elevation 10

Weights

100 ab rolls

Friday

Swimming
Little weight

Today

80 x 25 feet pool nonstop
Some weight
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sunday - HIIT workout (30 second running as fast as I could then recovery walk 1.5mins, repeated this 6 times)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello Room, what's the best way of reducing pot belly and reduction of weight? What kind of food shld I stop eating?

I discovered that food doesn't digest in my stomach in time.

Thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 30, 2014
Okay, I'm glad I found this Thread, You People have been awesome, and I've gained substantial Knowledge from reading through, thank you.

I'm 6"2, weigh 94Kg(medium-high Fat Percentage), from 96Kg when I resumed working out at the Gym some 2 Weeks ago. I had lost more than that but the Digits came back up; I realize this is as a result of Muscle Gains. At first my Goal was not to lose Weight, as such; but to firm up my Body generally and in some specific Regions; Research has shown me though, that I have to lose Fat to achieve that, so I'm incorporating Cardio(Track Runs) into my Routine starting next Week.

I've been doing a lot of Bench Presses, Squats and Deadlifts(I love these), along with stuff like Flies, Rows and Pullovers. I'll post a Log of my Workout when I'm at the Gym on Monday.

Please,I'd appreciate any Advice from Experience on when it's better to do Cardio; pre-Weights or Post?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Koonbey
This is from my own personal experience.
As Research has shown you there is a difference between burning fat and losing weight. For you given your current weight and medium to high body fat% (am guessing from 15% upwards). To maintain your weight you will have to work extra hard to gain more muscle mass because when you get your body fat to below 15%, you should weigh less than 90kg?.

I used to weigh between 101 - 98 kg when I got serious with my exercises. I went to the gym, did my strength training (pretty much most of the things you listed). I did two days treadmill medium intensity over 5 km runs in a week.
Did this for months. How much weight did I lose? Nothing- Zero-Nada. I weighed the same.
I don't care much about bulking up, I just wanted to lose weight, burn fat and build lean muscle(this I had achieved already, but the muscles where not visible cos of the high body fat).

I went back to research and I saw what I had always known but chose to ignore which is DIET! CALORIE IN - calorie out
DIET is all it takes. I went on a high protein low carb low fat diet. consisting of eating Chicken and vegetables as my major meal. I went from the high 90s to low 90s, and then stabilised at high 80s (weighed between 87 and 90 kg for over a year.
From the very beginning I was hitting the gym 4 - 6 days a week, sometimes double sessions on Saturdays. It didn't do anything for my fat burn or weight loss. I couldn't go on eating chicken and veggies long term so I have switched to something else which is more sustainable long term. I now weigh 85 kg with a body fat% between 13 and 14%. My goal from the start was to weigh 84 kg. My new goal which I have not committed to, is to get my bf% as close to 10 as possible and weigh between 82 and 84 kg. I am 6 feet tall.

I am not saying it will be the same for you. You go to the gym already, you do full body exercises like the dead lift and squats and your other exercises but your not getting the results. In my experience you will not have any significant gains to your 'fat burn' goal by adding cardio.
Cardio has good health benefits for your heart, endurance fitness and fun if you enjoy just losing yourself in it. For me it's important to have it in your program for those reasons but not as a fat burning tool. I go to the gym to shape my body by building muscles, and by doing so I gain the health benefits of exercising regularly. I now do HIIT on a treadmill instead of steady state running.

If you don't get your diet in order, when you start cardio, you will feel you are now doing more work, burning more calories so you can allow yourself an extra wrap of semo or akpu or whatever your treat is, and you will likely put on more weight, or not see any results.

For you to still have a medium to high BF% when you already go to the gym it says to me that your still over eating. more calories in than calories out.
They say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I say fat burn is 100% diet and nothing else.
Taking control of how much I eat is what getting me closer to my goals. This is my story, others will have different success stories, our training regime and diet beliefs will vary but I can guarantee that one thing we all have in common is that at some point we had to control how much calories we consumed and that is all you need in my opinion. (chai I don type ooo..this ish long gan)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
dmz: @Koonbey
This is from my own personal experience.
As Research has shown you there is a difference between burning fat and losing weight. For you given your current weight and medium to high body fat% (am guessing from 15% upwards). To maintain your weight you will have to work extra hard to gain more muscle mass because when you get your body fat to below 15%, you should weigh less than 90kg?.

I used to weigh between 101 - 98 kg when I got serious with my exercises. I went to the gym, did my strength training (pretty much most of the things you listed). I did two days treadmill medium intensity over 5 km runs in a week.
Did this for months. How much weight did I lose? Nothing- Zero-Nada. I weighed the same.
I don't care much about bulking up, I just wanted to lose weight, burn fat and build lean muscle(this I had achieved already, but the muscles where not visible cos of the high body fat).

I went back to research and I saw what I had always known but chose to ignore which is DIET! CALORIE IN - calorie out
DIET is all it takes. I went on a high protein low carb low fat diet. consisting of eating Chicken and vegetables as my major meal. I went from the high 90s to low 90s, and then stabilised at high 80s (weighed between 87 and 90 kg for over a year.
From the very beginning I was hitting the gym 4 - 6 days a week, sometimes double sessions on Saturdays. It didn't do anything for my fat burn or weight loss. I couldn't go on eating chicken and veggies long term so I have switched to something else which is more sustainable long term. I now weigh 85 kg with a body fat% between 13 and 14%. My goal from the start was to weigh 84 kg. My new goal which I have not committed to, is to get my bf% as close to 10 as possible and weigh between 82 and 84 kg. I am 6 feet tall.

I am not saying it will be the same for you. You go to the gym already, you do full body exercises like the dead lift and squats and your other exercises but your not getting the results. In my experience you will not have any significant gains to your 'fat burn' goal by adding cardio.
Cardio has good health benefits for your heart, endurance fitness and fun if you enjoy just losing yourself in it. For me it's important to have it in your program for those reasons but not as a fat burning tool. I go to the gym to shape my body by building muscles, and by doing so I gain the health benefits of exercising regularly. I now do HIIT on a treadmill instead of steady state running.

If you don't get your diet in order, when you start cardio, you will feel you are now doing more work, burning more calories so you can allow yourself an extra wrap of semo or akpu or whatever your treat is, and you will likely put on more weight, or not see any results.

For you to still have a medium to high BF% when you already go to the gym it says to me that your still over eating. more calories in than calories out.
They say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I say fat burn is 100% diet and nothing else.
Taking control of how much I eat is what getting me closer to my goals. This is my story, others will have different success stories, our training regime and diet beliefs will vary but I can guarantee that one thing we all have in common is that at some point we had to control how much calories we consumed and that is all you need in my opinion. (chai I don type ooo..this ish long gan)
Thanks Man, this Post of yours is rich in Insight. I see your Point on the Diet Issue, cos I love Food, and do eat a lot cheesy. From now on tho, I'll make it a Point to reduce Portion Sizes and focus on Proteins and Veggies like you said.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Today's Gym Log.
Bench Press 45kg 5x5
Squats 50kg 3X10
Barbell Curls 30kg 6X12(will increase weight and reduce Reps next Time)
Deadlifts 55kg 1X5, 60kg 4X5
Barbell Rows 30kg 3X10
Threw in some Dumbbell Pushups and Triceps Extensions, can't remember the Figures, plus a few Crunches.

For Cardio, I ran two Times around the Track, that's 0.8Km I guess embarassed, My Legs were stressed out from the Gym.

Can someone please give Instructions on how to fabricate Concrete Weights... The Insructions I've seen online use Materials that are not readily available here.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ann2009: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2014
For those who are on the forum began to lose weight. Hello We have seen that you have decided to lose weight, as reported on the forum ... We have decided to provide the services for individual diet on the Internet, and are aimed at the United States market. So you have a good opportunity to try to imagine our methodology with after payment, you will pay after the result. As demonstrated by our practice in Ukraine, the most difficult thing is to start, and then over time, familiar to each other and begin to recommend getting a lot of customers. Therefore, we accept the following payment, and you are with your hand tell about us in their social pages. What you decide to tell, good or bad or neutral, as it is. More about the methodology can be read on the website. If MULTI words, it completely unique method, which has about reached the 10 man, and in the Internet, to our knowledge no one has it does not offer, we are the first. We prepare you personally for you at this time a meal plan, and eventually you learn to hear your body and eat properly for themselves.
You are interested in my offer please write to sdiet4u@sdiet4u.com
I will answer all your questions
Thank you in advance
Ann
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
agabaI23: I checked the link and I didnt see you. The blog has no steam too. Come back here or.....

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Wat do u mean you dint see me? Besides what kind of steam are you looking for, the type that will burn your hands? I need ideas to raise the roof. send me a mail abeg.

wink ave you checked lately. tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
HourGlass3:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Wat do u mean you dint see me? Besides what kind of steam are you looking for, the type that will burn your hands? I need ideas to raise the roof. send me a mail abeg.

wink ave you checked lately. tongue
hmmm
Been a while. I will do.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by allthingsfitnez(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
ALLTHINGSFITNEZ GYM & WEIGHT-LOSS CENTRE
Are you tired of your bulging tummy, flat hips or overweight body? Do you want to build your biceps, triceps, abs (6packs), etc?
Here’s introducing ATF Gym and Weight-loss Centre – where results are guaranteed.
With a proven track record of delivering results (see our testimonials), Kaycee Nma is inviting you to have one free session of his training at our Gym, located at, No. 9, Asajon Street, Between Safeway Hospital & Mr. Biggs, Opposite Nero Waters, Sangotedo-Ajah, Lekki, Lagos.
Come, learn body-weight exercises you can do at home without equipment and still achieve a trimmed tummy, enhanced hips, weight loss, 6-pack abs, etc.
The training style here is unique and you have a money-back guarantee of undisputable results.
Call in between 7am - 8pm, Mon - Sat. for enquiries and book a free session with Kaycee.
Call 08164297612 or 08122713994 for further details and subscription. We also run online training programs. So, you can achieve ur fitness goals through our online training programs, nomatter ur location.
See Kaycee’s instagram page: @meantrainer, for some videos of our training sessions.
Follow us on twitter: @meantrainer, @allthingsfitnez.
See our website: www.allthingsfitnez.com
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
*knock knock, anyone home?*
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:52am On Oct 21, 2014
modath:
*knock knock, anyone home?*
Who goes there?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hello House, I just found this thread with the help of a fellow NLDER. I currently weigh 85KG and hopefully I hope I weigh 60KG in 3months.
Another thing is, I'm a very lazy person wen it comes to exercise. But wit the determination in me naw that shouldnt be an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
Eveluv:
Hello House, I just found this thread with the help of a fellow NLDER. I currently weigh 85KG and hopefully I hope I weigh 60KG in 3months.
Another thing is, I'm a very lazy person wen it comes to exercise. But wit the determination in me naw that shouldnt be an excuse.
Aww, this thread has been dormant for 2 months. Will look in later
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Destinygrl(f): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2014
hi I want to loss 24kg in 2.5 months
can someone recommend exercises that i cld do at home to reduce weight and not too strenuous
tnks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2014
Merry christmas in arrears my people, I just dey waka pass wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kelechiMarie(f): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Stats:5'7/8inches
59 kg/130 pounds
need to lose about 20 pounds
i try to walk a lot ,30 sit-ups and 1200 skips.
Any ideas for weight loss exercises that can be done at home?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Destinygrl(f): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2014
yay so happy total weight loss now is 20kg

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by naijainfogalery: 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
For the perfect weight loss foods look no further, check it out here at the biggest collection of Nigerian foods and ingredients http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by naijainfogalery: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
http://www.nigerianfoods.com/ offer wide range of Nigerian foods
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2015
modath:
Merry christmas in arrears my people, I just dey waka pass wink
Hey Mody, happy new yeaar
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2015
kelechiMarie:
Stats:5'7/8inches
59 kg/130 pounds
need to lose about 20 pounds
i try to walk a lot ,30 sit-ups and 1200 skips.
Any ideas for weight loss exercises that can be done at home?
I am just wondering why you wanna lose weight. You wanna be fit? Good! Lose weight hmmm
Your BMI is 20.4
Are you a model or you wanna be a size zero model?
Can you upload you pic?

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:35am On Jan 01, 2015
Eveluv:
Get your stats.
Your height in meters/fts for instance.
Lets have your diet mix for one week
Happy new year
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kelechiMarie(f): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2015
agabaI23:
I am just wondering why you wanna lose weight. You wanna be fit? Good! Lose weight hmmm
Your BMI is 20.4
Are you a model or you wanna be a size zero model?
Can you upload you pic?
Dnt have a full pic but I just wanna be fit and yes it'll be cool to lopk like a model but i'm not fixed on that.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2015
agabaI23:
Get your stats.
Your height in meters/fts for instance.
Lets have your diet mix for one week
Happy new year

I'm already following the africanweightloss Blog now. I started the program on 24th of December.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
kelechiMarie:
Dnt have a full pic but I just wanna be fit and yes it'll be cool to lopk like a model but i'm not fixed on that.
My dear I didn't mean just a model. I meant that if you wanna panel beat yourself to lose more, you will be tending towards size zero model which is often not healthy. It is your choice at the end of the day. So do not let me stop you if that's what you want.

However, you should just show us a pic so we are the judge. Up to the waist pic is enough.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Recs(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2015
INTRODUCING GREEN WORLD PRODUCTS.
Green World herbal medications are products of GREEN WORLD GROUP which is a well organized transnational company with over 50 subsidiary companies all over the world run by highly professional management team and 8 scientific research institutes and centers both in the United States of America and China with prestigious world-level scientists and research fellows on board. GREEN WORLD GROUP has its production base in Tianjin, China and corporate head quarters in Michigan, USA. With GREEN WORLD, we can now live a healthy life style.
Below are some pictures of what the herbal medication packs look like; and below the pictures are the various price range for the products.

Product List
1. PROTEIN POWDER: Good source of protein for growth and development especially in children.
2. BALSAM PEAR CAPSULE: Good for High Blood Pressure.
3. SOYBEAN LECITHIN SOFTGEL: For proper brain development; it strengthens the nervous system.
4. CORDYCEPS PLUS CAPSULE: An internal cleanser; prevents cancer and tumors.
5. SPIRULINA PLUS CAPSULE: For a host of ailments including Pile, Constipation.
6. I-POWER SOFTGEL:For ailments of the eyes.
7. GARNODEMA PLUS CAPSULE: For cancer ailments and asthma.
8. CALCIUM TABLETS - FOR ADULTS: Reduce cholesterol and heart diseases, relieves back pain, muscle spasm.
9. CALCIUM TABLETS - FOR CHILDREN: Prevents rickets in children, relieves back pain, lumbago, muscle spasm.
10. VIGPOWER CAPSULE:For infertility in men.
11. GOLDEN KNIGHT SPRAY: To aid good sexual intercourse for men.
12. SOY POWER CAPSULE: For infertility in women.
13. SILVER EVA SPRAY: To aid good sexual intercourse in women.
14. MEAL CELLULOSE: For treatment of diabetes.
15. SLIMMING CAPSULE: For those that want to slim down.
16. A-POWER CAPSULE: Very effective against immune deficiencies e.g. HIV
17. MULTI-VITAMIN TABLETS FOR CHILDREN: It supplies all the vitamins needed by the body.
18. MULTI-VITAMIN TABLETS FOR CHILDREN: It supplies all the vitamins needed by the body.
19. PROPOLIS PLUS CAPSULE: Prevent influenza, strengthen the body's resistance to bacteria and viruses, protects the body from harmful free radical damage.
20. PARASHIELD CAPSULE: Effective in expelling all kinds of worms.
21. CHITOSAN CAPSULE: For diabetes and immunity.
22. ZINC TABLETS - FOR ADULTS: Improves appetite, reduce restlessness, enhances growth, development and immunity.
23. ZINC TABLETS - FOR CHILDREN: Improves the number of brain cells, early maturity, fertility in men, healing of injury and aids immunity.
24. i-SHINE CAPSULE: Good for sleeplessness/insomnia.
25. GINSENG RHs CAPSULE: Nourishes the lungs and brain, reduces high blood pressure.
26. COMPOUND MARROW POWDER: Good for high blood pressure and immunity.
27. GINKGO BILOBA CAPSULE: Good for the brain.
28. PRO-SLIM TEA: For those that want to slim down.
29. INTESTINE CLEANSING TEA: For proper cleansing of the intestine.
30. KUDING PLUS TEA:For general cleansing of the internal body system.
31. BALSAM PEAR TEA:Good for the blood, liver, spleen and kidney.
32. PINE POLLEN TEA:It neutralizes the effects of alcoholic drinks.
33. CARDIO POWER CAPSULE: Helps protect the heart. Good for hypertension.
34. MALA POWER CAPSULE: Anti-malaria capsule. Fights against malaria.
35. VITAMIN E: Effective in protecting the heart, treatment of tumors and Central Nervous System and skin disorders.
36. GARLIC OIL SOFTGEL: Internal cleansing of the body system and intestine.
37. LIVERGREEN CAPSULE: Good in detoxifying the body and protecting the liver.
38. BLUE BERRY EYE CARE SOFTGEL: For eye problems.
39. AGAINST MOSQUITO WIPES: Repels mosquito for up to 8 hours.
40. MAGIC DETOXIN PAD: Relieves aches and pains in the body, detoxify the skin.
41. CAR MASSAGER: Effectively massages the body as you drive and aids proper blood circulation in the body.
42. BLOOD CIRCULATORY MASSAGER: Effectively massages the body to aid proper blood circulation in the body.
43. VIBRATION SLIMMING BELT: For burning up excess fat in the body and to slim down.
44. CRAZY FIT MASSAGER: Effectively massages the feet and the body for proper blood circulation in the body.

To order for any of this products please contact us today.
Mr. Recs Olamide
Green World International,
Suite 215 B, DBM Plaza,
Wuse, Zone 1, Abuja.
08139156051 0R 07054301521
Green World Website for Products.
http://greenworldhealthcare.
http://greenworldfctabuja..com/
http://greenworldhealthcar..com
Green World International
HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLE ACROSS THE COUNTRY
Thank you for showing interest in our products. Your health is our business.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by naijainfogalery: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Are you living in the US and looking for where to get Nigerian foods, ingredients and recipes, find it here www.nigerianfoods.com
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2015
ah! who dey here? babs, modath, hourglass i'm not sure u remember me. just goin through the internet and i saw this place again. thanks for all the motivatiom back then and the ones you are giving to people now. you ladies rock
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Drkul(f): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hello people, just stumbled on this and I decided to park here.
Well I currently weigh 69kg, height should be within 169-175cm sad sad and want to shed 12kg cool cool. Will update as it goes starting tomoro, hope I make it cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.