Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only (53514 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by nairayouthcom(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:
May your wedding be like this in Jesus name. Amen

Choi na fight??
rheether:

Choi na fight??
rheether:

Choi na fight??
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Koolface4u: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
OP!can u as a lady accept dis kind of wedding? Needd answer asap

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by deleskizy: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Wish onto others what you wish yourself. Oloriburuku....OLOSHI
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Genea(f): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
omooba969:

Chai...womeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by worldman(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
God forbid rather remain single the this type of poverty wedding
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by refiner(f): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
if my wedding did nt cost up to 10 million,,,den forget it..... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
In my chirch you can do that for less.
Just get the girl and 2 witnesses
no need to dress up just show up and let the preacher pray 4 u
Its better that way
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by wmoruf(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
tօʄɨaҡʊa👌,,,ʟʍaÖ
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by zhiggy1(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Women chai, even with the austere budget you still have time for laulau with 7k for Brazilian hair, why not shuku 300naira.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by MKO4ever(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
And the most expensive item here was a human hair shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Trunaijian: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Lolz. Weddings don't have to be expensive sha. But
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:
......Ammmeeeeen!!!! For her wedding grin grin grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2015
I have a dream, my wedding will b done celebrated in USA. God forbid wreched wedding!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by pweetychyka(f): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2015
eldino44:
lols

[size=42pt] End time[/size]

Been waiting patiently to see d "ENDTIME Crew" tho angry
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by otokx(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2015
Churches these days charge a "token" for use of facilities and Pastors choppings.

Nice attempt in living within means but the model construct is invalid.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by PrinceEvolution(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2015
well getting married isnt abt aving all d cash but if u av cash it can neva stay quite cuz u must avail ursef of all u want and need..including extending it to ur immediate environment as it were...but if u dont av dat priviledge den u can cut ur coat according to ur size only in oda climes..if i tell u guys how weddings are conducted abroad atleast d countries av been to ,even attended alot of frnz weddings here u will marvel at their wedding style..unlike nigeria many guys av married a babe material instead of wife material cuz of financial contrains,same wiv gals dey end up as trophy wives cuz of i dont want people to laff dat i had low key marriage and matty bleep material instead of husband,father and friend material like it ought to av been..d aforemention is d father of all so called BABY FATHER,AND BABY MAMA u see today..unfortunately dis is scourge dat has come to stay..even guys want babes from rich background not actual love but seeking imediate comfort and suport as it were..love now is for the poor..my dear nairalanders if only u knw wat goes on inside those mansions ,behind those walls of fame,exotic cars those smiles u will want to question is it worth it?although most cases were both spouses were priviledge from childhood and best frndz as it were cud be real love..the wealth just was there and knw influence on thier feelinz or emotions..
Naijasinglegirl:
Early this year some guy tweeted he won’t cough more than fifty thousand naira for his wedding and Nigerian Twitter went hard on him.
Say what?
So many Nigerian couples have been engaged for more than fifteen years and the excuse is always FUNDS for a wedding ceremony!
I decided to make a list based on this budget and realised a 50K wedding is possible. I mean a proper wedding with a bridal train, cake, small chops, drinks, wine and jollof rice. You’ll even end up with N50 change by the time you are done.

See list below…

A set of one carat diamond wedding rings from Jumia (Black Friday Price): N4000
Cost of hire of fairly used Aba made wedding gown: N3500
White high heels from Dealdey: N3500
Five yards of black material for black suit at N700 per yard: N3000
Tailor Workmanship: N3000
Starched white shirt from Yaba Market: N1000
Men shoes from Ikeja Along: N2500
Groom old tie: N0
12 inches of Remi Brazilian Hair: N7000
Ozone Relaxer: N150
Bride Accessories (Old ones): N0
Hairdresser charges: N1700
Groom Haircut: N300
Best Man- Freestyle with old suit: N0
Freshly plucked hibiscus flowers as bride bouquet: N0
Bridesmaid dresses for a train of three- freestyle (On Your Own): N0
Bridal Makeup DIY: N0
Bridal train makeup DIY: N0
Cost of bulk sms as wedding invites (100 sms for 100 guests): N300
Car hire from relative or friend: N0
Car Decoration(Balloons & ribbons): N500
Fuel: N3000
Wedding Venue (Church in Lagos): N0
Wedding Photography (A friend or relative iPhone): N0
Photogrid app for editing/pasting Bella Naija logo on photos: N0
Reception Venue (Open field Somewhere at Ota): N0
Cost of hire of 20 white plastic chairs: N2000
Reception MC (Bride or groom relative): N0
Music from relatives phone (China phone preferably): N0
London used mobile phone speaker from computer village: N2000
Wedding Cake from Cakes&Cream: N3500
Short bread from Balogun Market (Feeding of the couple): N300
Fresh agege Bread as surplus for feeding of the couple (If groom is still hungry): N100
Five Alive juice (Feeding of the couple): N350
A crate of 35cl coke (For the few long throat wedding guests who still followed to Ota): N1500
Freshly made zobo as wedding guests wine: N1000
Disposable cups to stand in as glasses: N500
One packet of cabin for small chops: N700
5 wraps of Onitsha chinchin mixed together for small chops: N500
Big pack of gala diced in circles as small chops: N500
Twenty five packs of locally prepared jollof rice from Iya Basira: N2500
Bic biros as wedding souvenir: N500
Miscellaneous: N500
Balance: N50

Now you can share this with someone planning a wedding soon.
Happy married life in advance!

http://naijasinglegirl.com/how-to-throw-a-nigerian-wedding-with-n49950-only/

2 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Genea(f): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2015
ronald4lif:
sad
pls tell dah gal dah she is sick,our wedding can't be like dah ..taaaaaah mbanu
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by xMrPx(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2015
I go castrate any bastard wey go try marry my sister with those rubbish''' grin grin ' Agbayaaaa
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by udysweet(f): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2015
I reject poverty in the mighty name of Chisos! Abasi mmi akan idiok mpko,nsa mmi o! Hahaha
Abg jus come and see papa udysweet insted,buy wine and small list wey me and him go pally ,to give u,then carry me go,shikena! And then to legalise it,ikoyi registry,my papa and ur papa go sign as witness,daz all,and I don become your wife. Insted mak I show all these ones wey @op list. Make pple see say na only enemy poverty hook eh kwa because na only me never marry or say wetin @op?
Anyways I've never always been a fan of loudness,easy and quiet does it for me. But if dear husband to be wants it noisy,we gat no choice

4 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2015
refiner:
if my wedding did nt cost up to 10 million,,,den forget it..... cool
cool cool cool If you will not give me 10 Million Rounds after spending 10 Million Naira just to Marry you ! Then Forget it grin grin grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Trunaijian: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Lolz. Weddings don't have to be expensive sha. But that "cabin biscuit, zobo, agege bread, onitsha chin chin" isn't advisable. If you cant feed or entertain your guests then just do court wedding. I know two couples- one had a very expensive wedding even though the groom was on a 30k/monthly job and the other groom was on 110/monthly and had modest wedding. Why the difference? Yes, it was their wives. One was able to be considerate and the other wanted "talk of the town wedding". Presently, the 110k couple are in Dubai for the holidays while the 30kguy is having major marital issues the wife had to pack out to her brother's.

2 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Pwettyella(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2015
politricks:
I dont know why we place so much emphasies on the cost of wedding. Let me ask you, is the amount you spend on a wedding directly proportional to how blessed your married life would be?
I wonder o,as if an expensive wedding guarantees a perfect marriage

2 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by krak101(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2015
HateU2:
That guy must be from :- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
... Otuoke
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by francizy(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2015
Does it really matter how much is spent on weddings? Even the most expensive weddings ends in divorce so what's the 4king hype in throwing extravagant weddings?

The whole thing should depend on one's income and account balance. If one has enough to throw lavish-style weddings, then s/he can go ahead, but if one doesn't have much, then cut your cloth according to your coat! undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by yinkuscious(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Early this year some guy tweeted he won’t cough more than fifty thousand naira for his wedding and Nigerian Twitter went hard on him.
Say what?
So many Nigerian couples have been engaged for more than fifteen years and the excuse is always FUNDS for a wedding ceremony!
I decided to make a list based on this budget and realised a 50K wedding is possible. I mean a proper wedding with a bridal train, cake, small chops, drinks, wine and jollof rice. You’ll even end up with N50 change by the time you are done.

See list below…

A set of one carat diamond wedding rings from Jumia (Black Friday Price): N4000
Cost of hire of fairly used Aba made wedding gown: N3500
White high heels from Dealdey: N3500
Five yards of black material for black suit at N700 per yard: N3000
Tailor Workmanship: N3000
Starched white shirt from Yaba Market: N1000
Men shoes from Ikeja Along: N2500
Groom old tie: N0
12 inches of Remi Brazilian Hair: N7000
Ozone Relaxer: N150
Bride Accessories (Old ones): N0
Hairdresser charges: N1700
Groom Haircut: N300
Best Man- Freestyle with old suit: N0
Freshly plucked hibiscus flowers as bride bouquet: N0
Bridesmaid dresses for a train of three- freestyle (On Your Own): N0
Bridal Makeup DIY: N0
Bridal train makeup DIY: N0
Cost of bulk sms as wedding invites (100 sms for 100 guests): N300
Car hire from relative or friend: N0
Car Decoration(Balloons & ribbons): N500
Fuel: N3000
Wedding Venue (Church in Lagos): N0
Wedding Photography (A friend or relative iPhone): N0
Photogrid app for editing/pasting Bella Naija logo on photos: N0
Reception Venue (Open field Somewhere at Ota): N0
Cost of hire of 20 white plastic chairs: N2000
Reception MC (Bride or groom relative): N0
Music from relatives phone (China phone preferably): N0
London used mobile phone speaker from computer village: N2000
Wedding Cake from Cakes&Cream: N3500
Short bread from Balogun Market (Feeding of the couple): N300
Fresh agege Bread as surplus for feeding of the couple (If groom is still hungry): N100
Five Alive juice (Feeding of the couple): N350
A crate of 35cl coke (For the few long throat wedding guests who still followed to Ota): N1500
Freshly made zobo as wedding guests wine: N1000
Disposable cups to stand in as glasses: N500
One packet of cabin for small chops: N700
5 wraps of Onitsha chinchin mixed together for small chops: N500
Big pack of gala diced in circles as small chops: N500
Twenty five packs of locally prepared jollof rice from Iya Basira: N2500
Bic biros as wedding souvenir: N500
Miscellaneous: N500
Balance: N50

Now you can share this with someone planning a wedding soon.
Happy married life in advance!

http://naijasinglegirl.com/how-to-throw-a-nigerian-wedding-with-n49950-only/
Oga, u just shattered some ladies dream of a flaboyant wedding... Some guys done get option now oo... It is either this wedding or no wedding.. Lol

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by ronald4lif(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Genea:
pls tell dah gal dah she is sick,our wedding can't be like dah ..taaaaaah mbanu

Ezigbote mbanu. Olisa ama nkwe ka wedding anyi di otu afu. Anyi zuru esu ga eme, kulu chim-chim. Wedding nka afu bu ife ocho. We would have something breathtaking. grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by cyril700(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Pls I have 500k for wedding, any christian God fearing woman below 27 whatsap me on 08138827175.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by wristbangle: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:

gringrin

Na prayer or curse be this?
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Some of you here, cursing poverty have more than enough to Wed but you are waiting for the whole world to give offering for you to have best wedding in town, keep waiting until your friends children calls you uncle.

Personal I love low key and standard occasion not too big not too small. Manage what you have, I did my trad & white wedding with just 450k. No borrow, no incur expenditures. After 4 months we moved to a better apartment and bought a car, and we have a son now . All my friends laughing then, now wants me to teach them how I did it.

Why must you spend millions just for a day event. But if you have the money you can spend it anyways, but those wastage can save a life somewhere. I believe in moderation.

What is important is that you are married, you used limo, Jeep, or Keke. Spend less and enjoy more later.

6 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by ronald4lif(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2015
cyril700:
Pls I have 500k for wedding, any christian God fearing woman below 27 whatsap me on 08138827175.

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Genea(f): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2015
ronald4lif:

Ezigbote mbanu. Olisa ama nkwe ka wedding anyi di otu afu. Anyi zuru esu ga eme, kulu chim-chim. Wedding nka afu bu ife ocho. We would have something breathtaking. grin
nw u r talking dear cheesy
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Richy4(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2015
I saw 20 plastic chairs, does it mean 20 guest......?

You forgot it's Nigeria where people that were invited as guest, also invite their friends that does not even know the couple... or will there be a gate pass and a bouncer, people that were not invited will be turned away cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Nigerian Wedding Card Invitations / Young Man Walks His Mother Down The Aisle (Adorable Photo) / PHOTO: How A Nurse Was Buried In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.