Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only (53510 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by dlashondra(f): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
As for me, this is an embarrassment, if you don't have money to plan a wedding y not go to court, invite few friends and family, and eat in a decent restaurant afterwards. Elaborate wedding is not my thing, I prefer simple and classy.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by justmenoni: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Why embarrass oneself in the name of impressing the public who might not give an f if ur wedding is successful or not...worst worst invite 15 guest to ikoyi registry and get nice meal from sweet sensation at 1000 per head isn't that 15,000 then use 2k for tfare,1k for refreshments, 1k for small chops and souvenirs, 1k for rings then 10k for the registry cert etc then find one of ur nice clothes and voila the wedding is done with just 30k.

[quote author=KimBerlyie post=41448229][/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by placeofallure(f): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
luckygirl02:
Goodness gracious. Lwkmd. Then I do rather have just an engagement party and enter my husband house than all these embarrassments. Big weddings are sometimes waste of resources that could be channelled into something else. But if u have more than the money then why not?

I agree with you jare, instead of using that substantial sum for an elaborate wedding, the couple can use the money to start a small business of their own. Also if either of the couple is versatile, you can save costs. Before my wedding, I have helped some friends and family members to decorate venue, apply make up and stuff so it was no biggie during mine. I did my venue, gele, make up, did cake with my younger sister, I bought every item on my wedding dress, I just didn't sew it. If those things should be contracted out, you can imagine the cost. I'm a fad of moderation any day, any time.

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by aalangel(f): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Early this year some guy tweeted he won’t cough more than fifty thousand naira for his wedding and Nigerian Twitter went hard on him.
Say what?
So many Nigerian couples have been engaged for more than fifteen years and the excuse is always FUNDS for a wedding ceremony!
I decided to make a list based on this budget and realised a 50K wedding is possible. I mean a proper wedding with a bridal train, cake, small chops, drinks, wine and jollof rice. You’ll even end up with N50 change by the time you are done.

See list below…

A set of one carat diamond wedding rings from Jumia (Black Friday Price): N4000
Cost of hire of fairly used Aba made wedding gown: N3500
White high heels from Dealdey: N3500
Five yards of black material for black suit at N700 per yard: N3000
Tailor Workmanship: N3000
Starched white shirt from Yaba Market: N1000
Men shoes from Ikeja Along: N2500
Groom old tie: N0
12 inches of Remi Brazilian Hair: N7000
Ozone Relaxer: N150
Bride Accessories (Old ones): N0
Hairdresser charges: N1700
Groom Haircut: N300
Best Man- Freestyle with old suit: N0
Freshly plucked hibiscus flowers as bride bouquet: N0
Bridesmaid dresses for a train of three- freestyle (On Your Own): N0
Bridal Makeup DIY: N0
Bridal train makeup DIY: N0
Cost of bulk sms as wedding invites (100 sms for 100 guests): N300
Car hire from relative or friend: N0
Car Decoration(Balloons & ribbons): N500
Fuel: N3000
Wedding Venue (Church in Lagos): N0
Wedding Photography (A friend or relative iPhone): N0
Photogrid app for editing/pasting Bella Naija logo on photos: N0
Reception Venue (Open field Somewhere at Ota): N0
Cost of hire of 20 white plastic chairs: N2000
Reception MC (Bride or groom relative): N0
Music from relatives phone (China phone preferably): N0
London used mobile phone speaker from computer village: N2000
Wedding Cake from Cakes&Cream: N3500
Short bread from Balogun Market (Feeding of the couple): N300
Fresh agege Bread as surplus for feeding of the couple (If groom is still hungry): N100
Five Alive juice (Feeding of the couple): N350
A crate of 35cl coke (For the few long throat wedding guests who still followed to Ota): N1500
Freshly made zobo as wedding guests wine: N1000
Disposable cups to stand in as glasses: N500
One packet of cabin for small chops: N700
5 wraps of Onitsha chinchin mixed together for small chops: N500
Big pack of gala diced in circles as small chops: N500
Twenty five packs of locally prepared jollof rice from Iya Basira: N2500
Bic biros as wedding souvenir: N500
Miscellaneous: N500
Balance: N50

Now you can share this with someone planning a wedding soon.
Happy married life in advance!

http://naijasinglegirl.com/how-to-throw-a-nigerian-wedding-with-n49950-only/

I've just been laughing and asking, who is this clown? Biro, biscuit, iPhone, O my God!!!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by toprealman: 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
Most of the prices are off the actual price. Why wed without a hood photographer to capture special moments? No make up? Even Kumuyi's daughter-in-law used this service. Well if you take advice from bloggers your name is sorry.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by SailorXY: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lol

And why all these girls dey para?
Once the bride price is settled, any other expenses is to the couples' discretion!

If you turn down the man's proposal for "extravagant wedding" he can't afford, another babe in the crowd will gladly accept your place grin grin grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by toprealman: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Most of the prices are off the actual price. Why wed without a good photographer to capture special moments? No make up? Even Kumuyi's daughter-in-law used this service. Well if you take advice from bloggers your name is sorry.
I want to believe this is a joke.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by SailorXY: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
toprealman:
Most of the prices are off the actual price. Why wed without a hood photographer to capture special moments? No make up? Even Kumuyi's daughter-in-law used this service. Well if you take advice from bloggers your name is sorry.
Since when did Kumuyi's daughter become model for the world?
Many people wed with no paintings & it didn't reduce the "quality" of their lives.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
justmenoni:
Why embarrass oneself in the name of impressing the public who might not give an f if ur wedding is successful or not...worst worst invite 15 guest to ikoyi registry and get nice meal from sweet sensation at 1000 per head isn't that 15,000 then use 2k for tfare and 1k for refreshments and 1k for small chops and souvenirs and,1k for rings then 10k for the registry cert etc then find one of ur nice clothes and voila the wedding is done with just 30k.

Hahahahahahaha. That's cool. You should be Minister of Finance i guess.

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by bbjummy: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
OP, reception should hold at church premises na no time to dey johnkate around tongue
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Prince16: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
.... invites (100 sms for 100 guests): N300
Twenty five packs of locally prepared jollof rice from Iya Basira
: N2500

Nice one OP, BUT Kindly explain how u invite 100 guests but prepared food for ONLY 25!!!
**........still waiting**
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:
May your wedding be like this in Jesus name. Amen
Back to sender..Amen
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by rockyh(m): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
KimBerlyie:
Lmao cheesy grin ayam allergic to poverty so I will pass. Bic biro as souvenir, zobo as red wine cheesy grin no need for wedding, the money shld be used for dere upkeep
this is exactly wat my ex wanted just to bear Mrs somebody n i walked away cos am allergic to poverty
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by cutekhalifa(m): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Stingy guy.... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by KimBerlyie: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
rockyh:
this is exactly wat my ex wanted just to bear Mrs somebody n i walked away cos am allergic to poverty

grin grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Jephz(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
refiner:

don't luv....don't worry u can afford it
we re spending notin more Dan 5m
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by imagrg(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Get the bride price paid (200,000). Go to the marriage registry and register your marriage (60k). Go to the Church on Sunday for thanks giving (5k). Total or Agip = 265,000 Naira!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by justmenoni: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lol no be lie na grin grin grin and blv me all this show up wedding don't last long....cos of does winchi winchi imagine borrowing heavily for a wedding that will take you years to pay back then one woman or uncle from ur family ask you for a meagre 10k( yeah just 10k,who wouldn't when your wedding cost over 1m) then u're forming broke, what do you think would be such a person's impression about you!!!

DeeTus:
Hahahahahahaha. That's cool. You should be Minister of Finance i guess.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonofananimal:
you seriously have problem!

But sorry! I don't have time for your Shiite!

To the next side pls!

grin

See how annoyed he's sounding. lol

Sometimes, some of you just think you have a monopoly to annoying comments.

Let me allow you breathe.

wink
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Rapoo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
seems you're the type who won't know sarcasm even if it hit you in the face. undecided

Lol!!!! I was trying to be very logical using ur words against you
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by obiorathesubtle: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Rapoo:

Lol!!!! I was trying to be very logical using ur words against you
then it was inappropriate., then again.. I guess the defensive line around my words is unbreachable.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
justmenoni:
Lol no be lie na grin grin grin and blv me all this show up wedding don't last long....cos of does winchi winchi imagine borrowing heavily for a wedding that will take you years to pay back then one woman or uncle from ur family ask you for a meagre 10k( yeah just 10k,who wouldn't when your wedding cost over 1m) then u're forming broke, what do you think would be such a person's impression about you!!!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Tahs so true.

Man, you made a lot of sense. Don't worry, when I'm ready for marriage with a right woman, I will invite you. I am really serious and you must perform this 50K stufs. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by bamac(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
gentlegenius:

Our forefathers did not do any wedding yet they succeeded in marriage more than today's couples.
if you are to base your argument on that i guess you shouldn't be using mobile phone let alone commenting on nairaland forum. Please say something else and let our forefathers rest sir. I am not in support of extravagant life when someone don't have too but give us a point that will make us not to think twice about your username sir. No disrespect meant sir.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by luv2luvu: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
It is well.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by sweetboy25(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
mommysgirl:
Who be Becky? angry
ok sorry now
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by nolio(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
dason4life:
As long as the BRIDEPRICE is fully paid, the rest is mere SHOW-OFF.

N. B
Op, I don't pray for that kind of Wedding.
exactly the words of my father.

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by GeniusDavid(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
This is Gold. Wondering if that the reason you're single and u decided to budget this for your bobo? grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Fireson: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
God punish poverty!! angry
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by HeavenShield: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:
May your wedding be like this in Jesus name. Amen
Someone is trying to give a good advice to someone that MAY need it and you are using Jesus name for joke or in vain or to curse. Why don't you people always THINK before you post? Retrieve your post immediately.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by jacoik(m): 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
politricks:
I dont know why we place so much emphasies on the cost of wedding. Let me ask you, is the amount you spend on a wedding directly proportional to how blessed your married life would be?
abi ooo my brother . pls ask her. all this notice me sef
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by AdeniyiA(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
politricks:
I dont know why we place so much emphasies on the cost of wedding. Let me ask you, is the amount you spend on a wedding directly proportional to how blessed your married life would be?

People now compete on the extravagance and lavish wedding ceremonies. I once read that the most expensive wedding lasted for only 12hrs!
How I wish people could prepare for marriage the way they do for wedding, unfortunately many do not know the difference.
Many engaging couples would tell you the A-Z of wedding activities, but ask them how to keep a home,properly raise a child,homeliness etc, they're simple clueless.
An intending couple was asked of how they were preparing for their MARRIAGE, they started reeling out the number canopies, drinks, rams etc, they've ordered. Such cluelessness! undecided
little wonder the high rate of divorce and broken homes....
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Gr8amechi: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
luckygirl02:
Goodness gracious. Lwkmd. Then I do rather have just an engagement party and enter my husband house than all these embarrassments. Big weddings are sometimes waste of resources that could be channelled into something else. But if u have more than the money then why not?
Please can we be friends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mimi Crush: Lady In Bikini For Her Birthday Banner, Puts It Up On Lagos Streets / Funny Nigerian Wedding Card Invitations / Young Man Walks His Mother Down The Aisle (Adorable Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.