Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard (23044 Views)

Why I Cannot Implement School Feeding In 2016 Budget – Buhari / Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari / Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by myners007: 5:36am On Dec 30, 2015
Lagos— Further details emerging from the recently presented 2016 budget have shown that the executive arm of the government would spend the lion share of N5.87 trillion, or about 96.5 per cent of the total N6.1 trillion about N205 billion or 3.5 per cent to the other arms of government, with the Legislature and the Judiciary, spending N115 billion and N90 billion respectively.

The breakdown of the budget also indicates that the government intends to spend N39 billion in running the Office of the President with major allocations going to car purchase at N3.9 billion and another N189 million to change tyres for some specified vehicles in the Presidency.

Buhari presents N6.08trn 2016 budget to NASS
Some details provided indicate that the vehicles that will gulp the budgeted sum for tyres include Mercedes Benz bullet proof and plain, Toyota cars, trucks Land Cruiser SUV, Prado SUV, Hilux, Peugeot 607 and 406, BMW trucks, ambulances as well as utility and operational vehicles.

Also, the Presidency will spend about N1.4 billion on travels during the fiscal year, according to the budgetary provisions.

The budget breakdown shows that some super ministries could be identified by the relative amounts allocated to them with Ministry of Finance taking the lion share of N1.5 trillion followed by Budget and National Planning with N1.15 trillion.

[b]Buhari to spend more than Jonathan on Presidential Villa

In 2014, Jonathan spent N12.2 billion on the State House, while in 2015, the government spent N6.6 billion for the presidential office, amid dwindling revenue occasioned by sliding oil prices.

The costs cover the State House headquarters, the president’s office and the office of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. They also cover the budgets of the State House medical centre and the Lagos Liaison office.

One of the most outstanding State House spendings in 2016 will be the purchase of BMW saloon cars at N3.63 billion. It is not clear yet what purpose the cars would serve.

The State House budget also contains a repeat of projects the Jonathan administration repeatedly allocated funds for. An example is the purchase of computers, which has featured in budgets of previous government each year.

In 2016, the State House will spend N27. 5 million on computers, while N268.9 will finance computer software acquisition.

Aso Rock will spend N764.7 million on recreational activities.

The installation of electrical lighting and fittings, which received substantial allocations in 2014 and 2015, will gulp N618.6 million next year.[/b]

The budgets are subject to the approval of the National Assembly.

Presidential food.

Other big spenders are Ministry of Interior with N498.5 billion, Education ministry is to spend N483.7 billion while the amalgamated Ministry of Works, Power and Housing is to spend N467.6 billion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2016-budget-fg-to-spend-n4-1bn-on-cars-2/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Chimezie250(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, so this is the reason for borrowing almost 2 trillion naira, change indeed

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by gozmok1(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2015
This apc lead govt sef

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:46am On Dec 30, 2015
You see the people we bash each other for, u see how they don't even care about the poor masses that are suffering. You see the criminals we sent to Abuja to represent us, these people need to be killed by firing squad.

During election they all will be fighting each other but after d election, they will come together not minding their party differences to loot us dry. "Please, can you show/tell me any of them(Hallowed House Member) who rejected his/her wardrobe allowance or who's against the purchase of another new SUV's??..guess YOU CAN'T FIND ANY? It's high time we stop attacking ourselves for these armless & dangerous thieves..

In Michael Jackson's voice, [size=15pt]"They Don't Really Care About Us..[/size]

194 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by jamalsky: 5:51am On Dec 30, 2015
Vanguard again??

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Feranchek(m): 5:51am On Dec 30, 2015
Make una sef kamdan na... ah ah!
Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by drss(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2015
Hahahahahahaha! Dis change is noting but a massive scam!!! Wat happens to ''i wil use d cars i met n keep a lean motor flet''? N4 billion on cars in dis financial difficulties with falling oil price Were is d autere measure buari is taking for aso rock? Nothing.
Yet he has d audacity to say ''I met an empty treasury'', only to budget N1.7 billion for food. na gucci gworo him wan buy Wat a scam!!!!!

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by kulikuli26: 6:16am On Dec 30, 2015
This doesn't look austere to me. What's it with computer and software installation attracting so much cost with every budget, especially considering the fact that computers have an average of 4yrs useful life, yet we allocate huge sums yearly. I expected a thorough work on this budget considering it is Zero based but it looks incremental/Traditional based in content to me. I doubt if Buhari really read this budget line for line before approving of it. There is really no basis for us to blame National assembly if executive still spend over N4b on cars.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by donbigboy(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2015
I hope the national assembles will due a thorough review of this budget especially the opposition in the house before passage to reflect the REAL CHANGE and departure from the past.. Otherwise this is notting but a propaganda budget by the Emir in Aso Rock !!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by disloman(m): 6:33am On Dec 30, 2015
I don't believe in this trash vanguard called news.Let's wait for the breakdown of the budget from the ministry of finance.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by dejonathan(f): 6:43am On Dec 30, 2015
Am Not Too interested In Politics But I dont Tink Der's Much Difference Between PDP AND APC...both of dem is d same tin...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by omenka(m): 6:43am On Dec 30, 2015
Even though we all know Vanguard is a pro Ekpa/IPOD site, the proposed expenditure for "cars" is a somewhat too much for me.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by erunz(m): 7:06am On Dec 30, 2015
budget of shame

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Nairadean(m): 7:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Until president buhari starts using a Nigeria made vehicles...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Ayt27(m): 7:27am On Dec 30, 2015
All of una na thief, ati APC, ati PDP ati APGA all of una na thief

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2015
This is a budget of burden. We are facing hard times yet the government of Muhammadu Buhari and APC would not think twice before taking decisions that will affect the present and incoming generation. The monies budgeted for cars(N4.1billion), Reacreation(N764 million), Change of tyres (1N140 million) and Lightening (618 million) are absurd, rexkless and a testament of insincerity and insensitivity. What a shame

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Ghandi12: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2015
As in...

Fela " Authority stealing.."

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2015
cool cool
Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by oshyno(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Budget that doesn't have human face in it is inhuman, callous and wicked.

During campaign they will be decieving guLlible ones with milo sachet, now they are budgeting millions for feeding. How can Buhari look his supporters in d face n tell them hez going to procure BMWs worth N4B.

Why borrow to finance expensive lifestyle. There is nothing austerity in this. Yet they will cuting my small salary in d name of tax.

Saraki them budgeted same billions for cars, executives has followed suit. This is where I expect all the so called activist to show their selves cuz this is insane.

N141m for tyres.
N618m for Energy bulbs
N764m for recreation.

This is madness.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by drss(m): 7:54am On Dec 30, 2015
oshyno:
Budget that doesn't have human face in it is inhuman, callous and wicked.

During campaign they will be decieving guLlible ones with milo sachet, now they are budgeting millions for feeding. How can Buhari look his supporters in d face n tell them hez going to procure BMWs worth N4B.

Why borrow to finance expensive lifestyle. There is nothing austerity in this. Yet they will cuting my small salary in d name of tax.

Saraki them budgeted same billions for cars, executives has followed suit. This is where I expect all the so called activist to show their selves cuz this is insane.

N141m for tyres.
N618m for Energy bulbs
N764m for recreation.

This is madness.
d milo sachet presidiot is thinking of buying gucci tyres n bulbs next year.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 30, 2015
Geez, What usually happens to the cars the former govt. used

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by vicostyles(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2015
Change

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by BlackPeni5: 8:25am On Dec 30, 2015
Hypocritical Cluelessness...You condemn somebody and then do worse than them. I wonder if those tyres are made of gold. Even the clueless Jonathan reduced his expenditure to N6.6billion when Oil price was about $60 per barrel but the Dullardinh0 increased it by about 7 times with Oil price at $38.

From what I see, with N1.4 billion for travel, he can as well rule Nigeria from the comfort of his hotel abroad.

The breakdown of the budget also indicates that the government intends to spend N39 billion in running the Office of the President with major allocations going to car purchase at N3.9 billion and another N189 million to change tyres for some specified vehicles in the Presidency.

In 2014, Jonathan spent N12.2 billion on the State House, while in 2015, the government spent N6.6 billion for the presidential office, amid dwindling revenue occasioned by sliding oil prices.

Also, the Presidency will spend about N1.4 billion on travels during the fiscal year, according to the budgetary provisions.

One of the most outstanding State House spendings in 2016 will be the purchase of BMW saloon cars at N3.63 billion. It is not clear yet what purpose the cars would serve.

The State House budget also contains a repeat of projects the Jonathan administration repeatedly allocated funds for. An example is the purchase of computers, which has featured in budgets of previous government each year.

Meanwhile I am interested in the budgetary provision for food

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by deeswagger: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
I dont mind so far the money is put to good use and well accounted for, unlike some people that submit small budget and end up giving 2billion dollars from our oyel money to Dasuki to spend on some Banana island mansion... grin grin

Na jo i dey jo o...

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by adedam007(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
h
Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by apcmustwin(f): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Vanguard again... .... Let the NAS approve the budget and we see the clear break down. Enough of this speculations. Next pls

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by demarc001: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
E go better
Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Sijo01(f): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
St. Booohari . . . 50kobo change.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by missionmex(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Change grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Not good really

The government should be cutting costs.....not increasing them.

Especially in the Presidency and NA......and not when oil prices are set to drop even more.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by tete7000(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard by Sasuwa(f): 8:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Hm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis: Queues To Disappear By April 7th- Kachikwu / Lai Mohammed And Kemi Adeosun On Channels TV / Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.