Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard (44340 Views)

BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? / 10 Popular Names Used For Bus Stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by 900warriorz: 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bokusoro grin (talk to the dead)

alakpanla smiley (big arm)

okpokponobiri angry (clueless)

adegbaye iyana agbala cheesy

so'okudalaye grin (make a dead to live)

eiyenkorin (birdz are singing)

Ikubolaje (death spoilt wealth)

Aluwe grin

oke ira nla ti kekere

topo (badagry)

and finally sooka!

1 Like

Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Davijunson: 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Agbado grin
lolzzz... Reminds me of an Old classmate nicknamed Agbado.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by MistyDave(m): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
SlyCharlie:

Oga hafa na..
Rumu means Children and not bush..
Therefore rumuola means ola's children, rumuokoro means okoro's children... and so on..
Ohia means bush by the way...
Compared ti to lag and some other towns Ave been to, Ph has one of the better names for bus stops, most of them in English except for the Rumu's of course....
... Bros no give us beans chop o, how abt "Rumuobiakani, Rumuokurushi, Rumuomasi, Rumuokuta, Rumuigbo ... All these na people names abi ?? Wo i go punch you for face.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by hYpErbOi: 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
Baba nla
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by sunsky29(m): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Ikpa, there are Rumuola and Rumumasi bus stops along PH-Aba road. They are well designated. Don't even argue that. I was in PH for several months in a stretch.
notin like rumumasi bus stop.its market junction we call it.rumuomasi is inner district.n u gt there via a can frm dt market junction bus stop.y are u arguing wt someone dt kws d ins and outs of ph n can even lost u here.enter a bus along ph aba road..and tell the conductor rumuomasi dey o..e go do u like film trick wen d conductor go tel u say we no dey go dat side..instead them go drop u for the said market junction bus stop.den find ur cab to rumuomasi.don't argue wt me bro.we talkn abt major bus stop.not inner district stops..tank me latter d nxt tym u visit my pitakwa.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Anoruo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
MissSlimbody:
Banana bus stop grin Dustbin cheesy Iya aje shockedshocked Iya tuwo
busstop bus-stop
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by manifoldcrafty(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
firstking01:
Down in ph here everytin is wit a touch of class and efizzy...u'd be hearing names of bus stops like....leventis....cfc...bridge/genesis...artillery...intels...airforce...and it continues like dat undecided...
but there is also local ones in ph like rumokoro,rumola,olu obadanjo...etc...
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by sunsky29(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
numericalguy:

Figuratively! Yes.
But Rumu means children of so and so are the owners of this bush/forest.

See as them PH guys trying to form Yankee as if them no dey chop garri.
That's my problem with them.
leave am for us.go form ur own yankkeee were u dey.na by force to like us?
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by MissSlimbody(f): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
Anoruo:

busstop bus-stop

Happy New Year my boy tongue
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by IMEAN(m): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Dustbin @Enugu
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by anelen(m): 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
agaracha must come back bus stop
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by sunsky29(m): 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hygist1:
Garrison, water lines, Gra, artilary 1 and 2, fine names
fine name abeg.we repping..u forgot shell gate.. Presidential first bank bus stop...leventis,waterlines...etc abeg we repping ph
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Jarus(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
Takuti Jesu.

2 Likes

Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by omokoladele(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
firstking01:
etteh bom...if u look @d write ups on d body of d sign post used in constructing d bus stop stand, u won't find anytin like rumoula or rumoumasi bus stop, rather, u'd see write ups like...market junction bus stop, representing rumoumasi,,,,bori camp bus stop, which is just a stone throw away frm rumoula...btw, hw u take knw rumoumasi...cos thats where i grew up
Bros there is Rumuola bus-stop. check beside the Emarid Hotel
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by ashewoboy(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
amber222:
oloko nla bus-stop(along aja road)

really! Will u tk me there? So i cn confirmcheesy
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by talktonase(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Challenge busstop
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Anoruo(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
MissSlimbody:
mommy grin
MissSlimbody:
mommy
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Anoruo(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
MissSlimbody:
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by desmond122(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Odo eran(meat river), eleweran(leaf meat)
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by MistyDave(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
sunsky29:
fine name abeg.we repping..u forgot shell gate.. Presidential first bank bus stop...leventis,waterlines...etc abeg we repping ph
how about 'eleme junction' ... Una forget add am na! #okbye
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by blueeyes1: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
numericalguy:

Figuratively! Yes.
But Rumu means children of so and so are the owners of this bush/forest.

See as them PH guys trying to form Yankee as if them no dey chop garri.
That's my problem with them.
Pls how did u get this info?
Rumu means children, those names attached to the 'rumus' are names of Pple. Bush is ohia,for instance,take Rumuokwurusi,it means the children of okwurusi, inside rumuokwurisi, u will find areas with such name as mgbori,mgbuamadi,rumuwokerebe,Rumuorianwon,mgbuche etc,mgbu is hamlet or settlement or something (not too sure) but it certainly does not mean bush.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Davijunson:
lolzzz... Reminds me of an Old classmate nicknamed Agbado.
hehehehe what a nickname cheesy
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by demarc001: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Harbigail:
Lolz...lwmmf,wtf? o boy,see names.anyway mine was a street i visited "toko taya"(husband and wife) like seriously i had to ask ma frnd if it was only married pple who lived on that str...another one "ali ashana"
Tokotaya: that's my bus stop

1 Like

Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by meaday: 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Iyana mortuary

(you need to see driver's reaction anytime we mention that busstop) lol...esp on Monday morning

Ake

I remember when I was younger we use to say this to the cab drivers "se k'ake wole" though it means should people going to Ake come on board, but it sound so much like "make we cry enter??"

Itoku 'outside of dead people'

Itaeko 'outside of Eko' lol... all for Abeokuta
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by sunsky29(m): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
MistyDave:

... Bros no give us beans chop o, how abt "Rumuobiakani, Rumuokurushi, Rumuomasi, Rumuokuta, Rumuigbo ... All these na people names abi ?? Wo i go punch you for face.
bros I swear no vex o.bt ur brain empty..we talkn bus stop at d major high way u talking names of towns..v u ever seen a bus stop called rumu something along ph aba rd expt for rumukwurushi and rumuola? Bro even sef those two no funny.d op said funny names n u mentioning town.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by maum: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Mango - Abk
Iyana Mortuary - Abk
Coconut - Lag
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by whizqueen(f): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
Opo malu, omu iyadun, taiwo sale, ogunfeyintimi, okuribido lipsrsealed eiyenkorin - this bird must be a parrot
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by sunsky29(m): 12:00am On Jan 06, 2016
MistyDave:

how about 'eleme junction' ... Una forget add am na! #okbye
hw can I forgt? I just put d classy ones,,the ones that sound pleasing to the ears..ph hv 97 percent english named bus stop..exept for the two rumus and lemme take eleme junction.
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by meaday: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Asa olowo

Asa obintin

Asa akekara

Elefon

Arigbajo "see and start dancing"

Egunla "big masquerade"

Bodija "if e wan turn fight"
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by MissSlimbody(f): 12:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Anoruo:

mommy grin

mommy

Emi niyen Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by idrisalomagold(m): 12:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Idi mango
Re: Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard by omotayo20: 12:02am On Jan 06, 2016
Obo str££t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ekesons First Class Cabin In Road Buses Makes History / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.