Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. (2471 Views)

Lere Olayinka Is Guilty Of Forgery:here's The Original Denial Letter By Zenith / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me / Suspect Responsible For Nyanya, Kuje Blasts Pleads Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2015
Let me first of all congratulate Buhari for his wonder performance last night at his first presidential media chat.

He really surprised many people, though he didn't provide direct answer to all the questions that were thrown at him but mehn! His fearlessnes is laudable.

He speaks with authority and doesn't sugarcoat words to impress anybody.

Those are important qualities of a leader.

But there's something he said yesterday which in my opinion is very wrong.

When the issue of Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu was raised, Buhari's countenance changed automatically. He said.
How can they be released? Do you know that Kanu has passports of two different countries and he didn't come into the country with any? Do you know the billions that Dansuki stole? And you are talking of court order for release. I hope the judges are watching this!

He also said something about radio biafra and an ex president that requested for a withdrawal of 40billion from C. Bank.

I think President Buhari has made himself the accuser and the judge of the two with that response. The two victims have been convicted already and any future court ruling that is contrary to this will not be accepted by him.

Also, he openly approves the disobedience of court orders, he even dared the court. They don't seem right to me.

In many nations of the world, including Nigeria, presumption of innocence is a legal right of any accused person.

It is also regarded as an international human right under the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights but I don't think our president is aware of that.

Or maybe he is but he just don't give a dam.

This is just what I think and I want someone who's more enlightened on the issue to tell me if their is a genuine reason for PMB to deny them bail.

Now before you lift those heavy fingers of yours to type IPOB, know it that I live and do business in a northern state.

And lemme remind you before you scream wailer or PDP that APC and PDP are not the only political parties we have in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by delishpot: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2015
How did Kanu enter Nigeria then?
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by acenazt: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Hah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Nnamdi Kanu and SAMBO DASUKI should better make up their minds and stomachs cos Kirikiri food go be their Food for years.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by denko(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2015
buhari might not finish this tenure because of vendetta.

3 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 8:43am On Dec 31, 2015
delishpot:
Maybe with my own.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by divinehand2003(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
OP you are right. The president's response was undemocratic concerning Dasuki and kanu. His media spokes persons must come out to address this statement before it messes up the good intentions of Mr President.

3 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by delishpot: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:
Maybe with my own.

I want know o. Cos I may try to enter USA using his teleportation device.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by vedaxcool(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2015
denko:
buhari might not finish this tenure because of vendetta.

Did santasuki distributed money meant for security to pdp or not? Abi na Buhari make am do all the nonsense wey dasuki do? It remains a pity that the same victims of santasuki are eagerly defending him.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2015
divinehand2003:
OP you are right. The president's response was undemocratic concerning Dasuki and kanu. His media spokes persons must come out to address this statement before it messes up the good intentions of Mr President.
What really baffles me is why they charged him of terrorism when they have other evidences that could nail him easily.

His reaction shows that he's taking the whole thing personal
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2015
divinehand2003:
Dasuki and Kanu's actions were democratic.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by talktimi(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2015
delishpot:
by diffusion
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Maybe he was smuggled in nah, maybe inside a container or sack of ricegringringringringringrin
delishpot:
Sha, we will find out when they present their charges in court.

I want know o. Cos I may try to enter USA using his teleportation device.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by drss(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2015
am not surprised with buari's response. he is ancient. d man is not fit to be a president.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by delishpot: 9:02am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:
Maybe he was smuggled in nah, maybe inside a container or sack of ricegringringringringringrin

Ok, going to talk to rice importers and exporters. We talk when I land in Ameh! grin grin

talktimi:
by diffusion

I will learn the art of diffusion too.

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2015
vedaxcool:

Did santasuki distributed money meant for security to pdp or not? Abi na Buhari make am do all the nonsense wey dasuki do? It remains a pity that the same victims of santasuki are eagerly defending him.
You don't get it, do you?

Nobody's defending Kanu or Dasuki, what we are talking bout is the rule of law.

I have no pity for Dasuki and kanu but will this rejection of court order stop with them?

It could be someone else tomorrow y'know.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by LaurelP(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2015
When he was being referred to as a dictator, many doubted it including myself.
But from his actions last night, its glaring that the man is still a dictator. How can a democratic president sit down and pronounce judgement over a case that is still in court?
I may not support agitations, but the president made it clear, just like when he said abroad that Igbos only gave him 5percent votes, that he still harbors resentment against the Igbos.

He is the president of Nigeria, not president of those who voted for him. And if he will not allow every citizen of this country to have equal rights to justice, then he should get ready for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria truly needs a firm leader like Buhari to shape up the system. But one aspect I would never support is how he has been contemptuous of the judiciary. No matter how powerful he thinks he is as president, if he continues to deride judicial decisions, the same judiciary could decide to frustrate his anti-corruption fight, ridicule charges brought to court as with the case of Kanu and ultimately cripple the justice system.

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by adconline(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2015
WiseBully:
Nigeria truly needs a firm leader like Buhari to shape up the system. But one aspect I would never support is how he has been contemptuous of the judiciary. No matter how powerful he thinks he is as president, if he continues to deride judicial decisions, the same judiciary could decide to frustrate his anti-corruption fight, ridicule charges brought to court as with the case of Kanu and ultimately cripple the justice system.
Maybe u need Idi Amin in ur life first!
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2015
adconline:

Maybe u need Idi Amin in ur life first!

Your comprehension is poor!
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:

I have no pity for Dasuki and kanu but will this rejection of court order stop with them?

Please unleas you have 2 accounts it will serve you well to reread the post I was responding to which clearly reduced serious infringement on the law to a mere vendetta. That's all.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by OgbeifunErom: 10:09am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:

What is the assurance that they will not jump bail if they are released?

I think the president is very correct
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by lawydewy(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2015
ok
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by lawydewy(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Anybody supporting Dasuki or claiming human right should go to Maiduguri and say that in heart of the city, may he will remain on space of earth within 2min!

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2015
LaurelP:
When he was being referred to as a dictator, many doubted it including myself.
But from his actions last night, its glaring that the man is still a dictator. How can a democratic president sit down and pronounce judgement over a case that is still in court?
I may not support agitations, but the president made it clear, just like when he said abroad that Igbos only gave him 5percent votes, that he still harbors resentment against the Igbos.

He is the president of Nigeria, not president of those who voted for him. And if he will not allow every citizen of this country to have equal rights to justice, then he should get ready for trouble.
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2015
WiseBully:
My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2015
OgbeifunErom:

What is the assurance that they will not jump bail if they are released?

I think the president is very correct
What is the assurance that they will?

How about giving them conditional bail?
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2015
lawydewy:
Anybody supporting or claiming human right should go to Maiduguri and say that in heart of the city, may he will remain on space of earth within 2min!
What are you saying exactly?
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by OgbeifunErom: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:
What is the assurance that they will?

How about giving them conditional bail?

That is a risk that the government is unwilling to take.

Dasuki escaping out of the country will make mockery on the fight against corruption

The ex boss of EFCC has escaped outside the country, same with Obanikoro

Like the president said, Kanu has 2 passports but he didnt use either to come in here. Shows how easy it is for this guys to elope
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2015
OgbeifunErom:

That is a risk that the government is unwilling to take.

Dasuki escaping out of the country will make mockery on the fight against corruption

The ex boss of EFCC has escaped outside the country, same with Obanikoro

Like the president said, Kanu has 2 passports but he didnt use either to come in here. Shows how easy it is for this guys to elope
That's just an accusation y'know, it needs to be proved before you can use it to back up your point. It may or may not be true so I don't think it is a good excuse.

What is the essence of asking for a surety during bail?

I honestly want to know.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by babyfaceafrica: 10:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Kanu is guilty!!!!!!!!!
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by Tallesty1(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Kanu is guilty!!!!!!!!!
Evidence??
Re: Whoever Buhari Says Is Guilty Is Guilty, Forget Court. by OgbeifunErom: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=41512624]

That's just an accusation y'know, it needs to be proved before you can use it to back up your point. It may or may not be true so I don't think it is a good excuse.

You can ignore the statement as much as you want but I dont think someone of Buhari's status will make up such an allegation- publicly

What is the essence of asking for a surety during bail?

I honestly want to know.

To put a financial price on the freedom of the accused.

With Dasuki, that is irrelevant because he can pay double the amount to the surety when he escapes from the country. He has unlimited funds available to him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Braking News: President Buhari Off To A Hospital In London / Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era / Breaking! Another Great Mobiliser Of Saraki Gone! A Legislative Aide Also Gone..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.