Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. (15795 Views)

Anioma, Igbo And Matters Arising / The End Of Crude Oil And Its Implications for The Igbo Identity In Rivers State / Sunday Oliseh...his Resignation And His Igbo Identity And Denial. Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by EastField: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

@bolded, im sure u were referring to me. Pathetic assumption.

Well, this thread had its moment. I cant revisit this thread again as the appetite is gone.

Just note that your part of Ikwerre isn't really a part of the Iwhorohna history. Maybe u fall into the people from the Wagidi history. Read my message.
glad you know yourself

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by nduchucks: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
MrAnalyst:

No controversy. By general standards you're Igbo if:-
You come from Igboland-stretching from parts of benue down to parts of rivers state and parts of Akwa Ibom. (on the way excluding huge parts of edo,bayelsa,crossriver and parts of delta). You're Igbo if you come from Igboland. Irrespective of dialect!

Someone give him the map. I don't have it.

Interesting.

Given your definition, one has to agree with Afam4eva who stated that Biafra is a movement of people who are mostly Igbos but not supported by majority of Igbo people and as such should not be classified as an Igbo movement.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by IPOB123london: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Given your definition, one has to agree with Afam4eva who stated that Biafra is a movement of people who are mostly Igbos but not supported by majority of Igbo people and as such should not be classified as an Igbo movement

it is seriously laughable that people can sit in their house to write their fiction within their imagination to think we will buy over their polarised opinion

however there will be a wake up time and thats certain
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by EzePromoe: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

@bolded, im sure u were referring to me. Pathetic assumption.

Well, this thread had its moment. I cant revisit this thread again as the appetite is gone.

Just note that your part of Ikwerre isn't really a part of the Iwhorohna history. Maybe u fall into the people from the Wagidi history. Read my message.
Igwuruta is the second son of Iwhoruoha. Ask anybody in 'your village'.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
EzePromoe:
I'm from Omueke Igwuruta in Ikwerre L.G.A. You shouldn't be surprise to see so many proud Igbos because we understand history better. Now imagine how ironic it is for somebody from Ogbakiri, whose ancestor might have been amongst some Kalabari men who came and settled amongst the locals, to tell an Igwuruta man, a direct descendant of Iwhoruoha, that he is not Ikwerre simply because he refused being naive. Some people are not worth replying by the way.
Yes o! I knew you were from Igwuruta and how did I guess this? My big aunt's husband is from Igwuruta. Omo, I love those folks, they don't joke with their Igbo identity.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by tonychristopher: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Ugomba, i dunno if im invited to your thread.

Anyway, i still invite myself
. cheesy

I congratulate Anioma people of Delta state for their decision to reassert their Igboness. I also congratulate the Oyigbo and Egbema people of Rivers for their decision to reassert their Igboness

We should also recognise and accept the decision of the Ikwerres, Ogbas and Ekpeye people who have said they are not Igbos, and accord them the respect they deserve. By doing so, we can live at peace with all men.

Thank you all for your understanding. Happy new year.

But my friend Uche from ikwerre said he is igbo

He hasn't made u his spokesman ..just grow up.

Amechi said he is igbo...did u not hear him

So what are u...basically nobody
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ariesbull: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
Habakus:
It's quite strange how some people reason. It's simply better to just shut up when you're not sure of some things than to go about - stubbornly - exposing your ignorance for the whole world to see. You say these people are not Igbos,yet they bear Igbo names(up to as far back as anyone can remember),they have exact cultures and traditions with Igbos,they speak the Igbo language,the names of their towns and villages are Igbo,their traditional rulers have Igbo titles and,other people see them as Igbos. What can be more delusional than that?

Their delusion is infinite and their stupidity grandiose

Take that and forget them
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cyprus000: 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
EastField:
glad you know yourself
[size=13pt] Guilty consciencegrin
I kinda find this thread hilariousgrincheesy
[/size]
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by somegirl1: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
iconize:

Yeah, just like the Ogba folks in Rivers state migrated from a certain place called Ogba in Lagos.

You people always want to take things to the extreme.

A fool-proof way of ascertaining would be to find out what the place name means in the languages/ dialects of the inhabitants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I didn't Forge Any Certificate For Election - Adeleke Tells Keyamo / Bello: Nwoke Friday Chijioke Criticizes EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.