Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. (15796 Views)

Anioma, Igbo And Matters Arising / The End Of Crude Oil And Its Implications for The Igbo Identity In Rivers State / Sunday Oliseh...his Resignation And His Igbo Identity And Denial. Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by anticabal1: 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
Make una leave Coolscott o. He doesnt lie about his ethnicity. He is a bonafide Ijaw son.

Who we go ask?
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 9:11am On Jan 01, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Please,stop giving me further proof of immaturity on your side. You're bringing in Ikwerre into an Anioma thread,that's a wrong move,wait for an Ikwerre related thread. Even your cohort Barcanista usually stays put till it concerns Ijaw or ND as a whole. Again,don't flatter yourself with more childish e-threats. I don't subscribe to such nonsense. Compliments!

Well, it is important You re-read the thread from the beginning and then go through your comment.

Im enjoying the new year already, pls dont be a joykill. compliments.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by anticabal1: 9:14am On Jan 01, 2016
nextdoor84:

Hopeathand or whatever you seem to call yourself. .please speak for your Ikwerre self and not dabble into what so ever that concern the Ekpeye nation..
I am a bona fide Ekpeye man and I know where my loyalty lies..
Thanks!!!

Why is everybody dissociating themselves from hopeathand? e be like na only hopeathand be the phantom 'ikwerre man' wey dey internet. onye ara! cheesy
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2016
nextdoor84:

Hopeathand or whatever you seem to call yourself. .please speak for your Ikwerre self and not dabble into what so ever that concern the Ekpeye nation..
I am a bona fide Ekpeye man and I know where my loyalty lies..
Thanks!!!
Inasmuch as I don't like dabbling into Ikwerre issue, the same applies to Ekpeye. Ekpeye's don't deny their Igboid connection, but they hardly call themselves Igbo. At most you hear them say Ekpeye or Ahoada. If there is one people that love the Igbo in the Niger-Delta, fought and suffered with them in the Biafran war and would even sale lands to them, then you should look towards Ndi Ahoada.
They bear Igbo names, wear similar attires and have similar culture, yet their language seems different in many aspect from other dialects of Igbo. Even different from the harsh one spoken in Ebonyi.
Unlike the Ikwerres, Ogba and other denials they deserve the tag Igboid. The Igbos should respect the Ekpeyes. However, you are the first Ekpeye man, I have seen come out openly to claim Igbo. let me ask you a question and dont be offended. Where in Ekpeyeland are you from, your LGA, community and village.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Who we go ask?
He is a vocal Ijaw, definately not from Rivers state, maybe Delta or Bayelsa.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by anticabal1: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
He is a vocal Ijaw, definately not from Rivers state, maybe Delta or Bayelsa.

Na him business be dat. Make him sabi him territory.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2016
I thought Mr Nextdoor guy was asked a simple question about his Ekpeye community. Where went he? Just question and he was no where to be found. Haha! I'm beginning to think that guy is from the South-East.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by MrAnalyst: 9:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
I thought Mr Nextdoor guy was asked a simple question about his Ekpeye community. Where went he? Just question and he was no where to be found. Haha! I'm beginning to think that guy is from the South-East.

Not everyone is active like you o,Eastlink.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by freshvine(f): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Looking at the language of the Ekpeyes, Ogbas and Ikwerres, can they be said to be Igbo. Be sincere.

Ikwerre local government where Amaechi come from speak the central igbo language more than people from Wawa in Ebonyi, Ohafia in Abia.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Not everyone is active like you o,Eastlink.
Ok o. But am not active o biko. I hardly come online these days. Man needs to do other things for himself. Inshort work hardly give me time for o`gwu nairaland.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by odogwu125: 9:44am On Jan 01, 2016
CltrAltDel:

Dont mind them. ..the "we dominate and the same time we are marginalized tribe". ...confused set of nitwits
marginalized in govt but dominate in achievements. Dnt get it mixed up

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by odogwu125: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Looking at the language of the Ekpeyes, Ogbas and Ikwerres, can they be said to be Igbo. Be sincere.
i hv two rivers igbo clasmate one frm ikwere LG the oda frm Ogba/ndonip/egbema LG. These two ppl change d language of conversation back to igbo any time i start with English

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:

He has vanished into thin air.

One guy claimed to come from Isiokpo in this thread. When i called him out so we can interact in Ikwerre, he also vanished.

Clowns everywhere!!! grin
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

One guy claimed to come from Isiokpo in this thread. When i called him out so we can interact in Ikwerre, he also vanished.

Hopeathand nwo Emohua. I can see you smiling there. My enemifriend no 1 in this forum. Happy new year! One thing I have come to learn from you is that you never give up. I was the first guy that called you an imposter on nairaland. But overtime your doggedness and the way you flaunt your Ikwerre dialect usually supports your claim.
My only grieviance with you is not that you want a separate identity for yourself, but that you always kick against other Ikwerre sons who identify as Igbo. Honestly, it interest me to see the face beneath that Hopeathand moniker. Maybe to give him a drink or an uppercut grin. So what is your native name again wene madu?

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Rose2014: 10:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Ugomba:
'Who is Minister of State for Petroleum, is he not Igbo? Who's Gov of Central Bank? Is he not Igbo? Who's Minister of Labour, Science and technology?
''What do the Igbos want?"

Now This question from Buhari has hit hard on those who think that they can use we Aniomas as a "willing tool" to drive their Anti- Igbo agenda.
- One of them is on Nairaland, his wish is to wipe out Igbo identity in South South because they thought that these SS geopolitical region was created as a "thank you"gift for their betraying prowess in the Old Rivers State.
- How can a man who come from a tribe that is know historically as "Boat Settlers" and swamp dwellers have the guts to write about who is Igbo or not in the SS and about the Igbo land..
I read his past posts and saw where he was dragging Ndoki history, now he want to cross into Anioma land and cause division in our Anioma family.
They should keep their rubbish in Rivers state and do not dare bring it to our Anioma Land or Delta state.
Our Igboid connection is why Aniomas have been holding lucrative positions in the Federal Government.
We are NOT a minority group.
We are an Igboid Group and Proudly Delta Igbos who will continue to unite ourselves.

My dear it's funny how they tell you when to be Igbo and when not to be. If that's not mischief, then tell me what it is

Happy new year boss

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
Hopeathand nwo Emohua. I can see you smiling there. My enemifriend no 1 in this forum. Happy new year! One thing I have come to learn from you is that you never give up. I was the first guy that called you an imposter on nairaland. But overtime your doggedness usually supports your claim.
My only grieviance with you is not that you want a separate identity for yourself, but that you always kick against other Ikwerre sons who identify as Igbo. Honestly, it interest me to see the face beneath that Hopeathand moniker. Maybe to give him a drink or an uppercut grin. So what is your native name again wene madu.

Hahaha. Meka su wene.

The Ikwerres who like being Igbo should first realise that they aren't any wiser than their ancestors who thought it right that Ikwerre stand alone as a separate entity. Our ancestors ensured such recognition is enshrined in the constitution of the land. It is a legal matter.

The legacy of our ancestors should be defended by us and not ridiculed by those Ikwerres with affiliations with Igboland. So anytime i see them making a mess of themselves anywhere, i whip them into line. Being Igbo isnt bad, Igbos are great Achievers, but we Ikwerres should find our feet first before we risk anything. The timing has to be perfect.

Happy 2016 to you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Hahaha. Meka su wene.

The Ikwerres who like being Igbo should first realise that they aren't any wiser than their ancestors who thought it right that Ikwerre stand alone as a separate entity. Our ancestors ensured such recognition is enshrined in the constitution of the land. It is a legal matter.

The lagacy of our ancestors should be defended by us and not ridiculed by those Ikwerres with affiliations with Igboland. So anytime i see them making a mess of themselves anywhere, i whip them into line. Being Igbo isnt bad, Igbos are great Achievers, but we Ikwerres should find our feet first before we risk anything. The timing has to be perfect.

Happy 2016 to you.
grin grin grin Loud Laugh to that Wene. So do you stay in P/H? Lagos na my domain o. Maybe when I come home one of these days we go siddon one place with some bottle of Hero beer.
Happy 2016 bro.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Ugomba(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2016
My thread is still flowing.. Keep it coming guys. I want it to reach page 15. LOL
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Ugomba(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Rose2014:

My dear it's funny how they tell you when to be Igbo and when not to be. If that's not mischief, then tell me what it is

Happy new year boss
same to you dear.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
grin grin grin Loud Laugh to that Wene. So do you stay in P/H? Lagos na my domain o. Maybe when I come home one of these days we go siddon one place with some bottle of Hero beer.
Happy 2016 bro.

Permanently based in PH. Anytime u ready to visit, im available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Ugomba:
My thread is still flowing.. Keep it coming guys. I want it to reach page 15. LOL
You never see chontin. How are you celebrating your new year?
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Ugomba(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
You never see chontin. How are you celebrating your new year?
Argument is like Food to some people. LOL.
Happy new year to u.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 10:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Ugomba:
Argument is like Food to some people. LOL.
Happy new year to u.
The same to you Ugomba. I saw your tag after church service. Sorry for not contributing earlier. So have the Mods pushed this thread to the front page? I think we need to call their attention.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Permanently based in PH. Anytime u ready to visit, im available.
No problem bro. Meka!
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Ugomba(m): 11:03am On Jan 01, 2016
Eastlink:
I think we need to call their attention.
exactly, my man, now our eyes are open that Nigeria is a Tribal game of throne.
If you don't defend ur land, intruders will ride you over.
They will first start tampering with ur history, create confusion and identity crises in you and then finish you off.
" One Of The Greatest Child Abuse is to leave them in Identity Crisis"

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2016
Ugomba:
exactly, my man, now our eyes are open that Nigeria is a Tribal game of throne.
If you don't defend ur land, intruders will ride you over.
They will first start tampering with ur history, create confusion and identity crises in you and then finish you off.
" One Of The Greatest Child Abuses is to leave them in Identity Crisis"
On point broda. Nairaland have really taught me so many lessons. With the strong fort have built in this forum no one dare talk ill about my area. Cos am ready to whip any motherfucker that runs his mouth about my ethnicity.
Proudly Egbema,
Proudly Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by joeprince23(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

now this is where your confusion is! Ikwerre is not a single community or dialect (not every ikwerre can easily understand each other) it depends on ur locality. FACT: 1.southern ikwerre like phalga and parts of emohua do not easily understant northen ikwerre eg. Elele in ikwerre LG 2.iriebe in obio/akpor actually have same dialect as umosoya in obigbo(oyigbo LG) they are negbouring communities 3. An isiokpo man speaks and understands omuma dialect in imo state and etche dialect in rivers 4.what identifies a man as ikwerre is actually his LGA and not dialect NB: accepted ikwerre LGA's are(4lga's) - PHALGA,obio/akpor (these two make up PH metropolis) emohua(southern ikwerre),ikwere LG(northern ikwere). You can not know if any body in PH is ikwere or not just by dialect (but only by LG identification). Etche LG and omuma LG all in rivers are not not ikwere but have same dialect with isiokpo/elele/ubima

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 11:16am On Jan 01, 2016
joeprince23:
now this is where your confusion is! Ikwerre is not a single community or dialect (not every ikwerre can easily understand each other) it depends on ur locality. FACT: 1.southern ikwerre like phalga and parts of emohua do not easily understant northen ikwerre eg. Elele in ikwerre LG 2.iriebe in obio/akpor actually have same dialect as umosoya in obigbo(oyigbo LG) they are negbouring communities 3. An isiokpo man speaks and understands omuma dialect in imo state and etche dialect in rivers 4.what identifies a man as ikwerre is actually his LGA and not dialect NB: accepted ikwerre LGA's are(4lga's) - PHALGA,obio/akpor (these two make up PH metropolis) emohua(southern ikwerre),ikwere LG(northern ikwere). You can not know if any body in PH is ikwere or not just by dialect (but only by LG identification). Etche LG and omuma LG all in rivers are not not ikwere but have same dialect with isiokpo/elele/ubima
Hopeathand I think should know this. But its quite interesting to see how much you know Ikwerreland even more than many Ikwerres.
Are you Ikwerre by tribe?
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2016
joeprince23:

Regardless of the clan, you are able to understand what any Ikwerre is saying. Just a lil substitution of words Eg Evo clan refers to land as eli while Akpor calls land ali

Rebisi calls money ewai, Ndele refers to it as awai and Ibaa calls it iwai

come is called bia in PH, fiya when you get to obelle whiya in Emohua.

All in all, they are the same thing. Ideally Etche is supposed to be Ikwerre but the language is too Igbotic to qualify as pure Ikwerre while Ekpeye is an older language to Ikwerre and have some Ikwerre clans with historical links to Ekpeye language eg being Ibaa and Obelle.

cc: Eastlink.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ariesbull: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Are you talking about tonyebarcanista who even claimed that there are no Igbos in rivers, that i an Oyigbo man is an Ijaw. Can you imagine the historical recklessness, that guy needs to be called to order before thunder does the needful?
If not who else ? That guy has gone bunkers
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ariesbull: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Regardless of the clan, you are able to understand what any Ikwerre is saying. Just a lil substitution of words Eg Evo clan refers to land as eli while Akpor calls land ali

Rebisi calls money ewai, Ndele refers to it as awai and Ibaa calls it iwai

come is called bia in PH, fiya when you get to obelle whiya in Emohua.

All in all, they are the same thing. Ideally Etche is supposed to be Ikwerre but the language is too Igbotic to qualify as pure Ikwerre while Ekpeye is an older language to Ikwerre and have some Ikwerre clans with historical links to Ekpeye language eg being Ibaa and Obelle.

cc: Eastlink.

Atulu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims / 1000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.