Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? (37743 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order / Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Horlufemi(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
if a person was caught shouting for arms to robe a bank n didn't get it. den he got arrested, will he be charged with bank robbery dat never happen was any weapon of mass destruction found with kanu

intent is the key here, and the zoo constitution is clear.

he said y'all should KILL any yorrobber and Hausa asking about radio Biafra. You support a man like that?

I would support KANU with my might but a man who hates others is a dangerous man

Martin Luther King should be his role model, he didn't hate whites, even when the actually marginalised black. A true freedom fighter. Unfortunately KANU is hate filled, and he should not be listened to no matter how much truth he says

as every other dangerous cult, they start with truth, then add small small lies then they incite to hate.

free urself
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Tonyebarcanista should ask for a refund of his school fees

Only on Nairaland will uneducated legal people like Barca tell two learned judges that they are wrong

You show you have inferior education to Barcanista's even.

Which two judges have Barcanista disagree with? Help us unlearned folk with your superior analysis. Could you please name the court and name of the judge who granted Kanu bail on the charges of treasonable felony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by SailorXY: 10:20am On Jan 01, 2016
hummerwise:

you can start by uploading ur real pix bruh... lets see wah happens from dea...
thats if only you are not a coward.... undecided undecided
Then what happens if he uploads his pictures? There were harsh criticisms & terrible comic of Bush & Obama, even Putin from popular & unpopular nationals & that was that. Nobody was kidnapped or threatened!

Na to yab online & laugh e end!
I know say you get 10 heads but abeg no dey make careless mouth here.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by StOla: 10:25am On Jan 01, 2016
frenchpharaoh1:
TonyBacanista you are misinformed to say that no court clears Nnamdi kanu.
The magistrate court situated at wuse zone2 in Abuja dismissed the case and acquitted him.
Same magistrate court grant he release on bail, before Federal high court orders his unconditional release.
Amaghi kwa sauce ndi nke ina eqoutu ihe fa na akoro gi dia.

The magistrate court you mentioned did not even hear the case at all.

Can someone be acquitted before evidences and counter evidences are tendered?
Can judgement be reached before the interrogation/counter-interrogation of the accused and the witnesses?

What you conveniently overlooked is that the prosecution itself asked that the case be withdrawn so that it can proceed to a higher court to file the charges there. The judge did the needful and closed the case - acquitted the accused who no longer had any charges being pressed against him in that court.

Lastly, even if a magistrate court passes a judgement in a case that was actually tried unlike Kanu's case, the prosecution or defendant (Kanu) have a right to proceed to a higher court to challenge the lower court's judgement. That is the reason why cases proceed as high as the supreme court.

I hope you are better enlightened now?

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 01, 2016
captain247:
Kanu isn't fighting to take over the president nor it state governor. He is fighting for the right of freedom of which he commited no treason in as much as the UNITED NATIONS have issued to them the biafrans the certificate they desire.
I only pity the poor guy cause it will take the special grace of God Almighty for him to be released under this government that show no mercy.

When Biafran men xannot even reason straight, what do we now expect of the women? Aunty, this is what the constitution says and Nnamdi is very Guilty of flouting this section. Person wey get cancer get hope pass Kanu right now.

Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria
, to
levy war against the State with intent to cause such
levying of war as would be treason if committed by a
citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to
the punishment of death:
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by trueconscience(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2016
FILUX:
Buhari once sayed he will make this nation ungovernable and he did just that in goodluck administration, is that not a treasonable act? Let him kill him and lets see.

Really? Ignorance really thrives on nairaland and its either an indication that something is really wrong in our educational sector or we are so separated and blinded by tribal-cum-religious sentiments and prefer to cut our noses to spite our faces....too bad
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Eshinwaju:
Only a mischievous person would disagree with your points...it is clear that Kanus new charges of treasonable felony have not yet been heard...in other words...it's premature to accuse the government of disobeying the courts... angry
...... TRUE TALK....No more Less!!!
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by midolian(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
For once, I agree with tonyebarcanista.
So you can write sensibly like this? shocked
The guy's got a good working brain but..he uses it ocassionaly.. Sometimes, you ll so like his write-up you ll feel like following him and some other times, you ll so hate his write-up you ll feel like unfollowing/strangling him. I think he does this on purpose.

Well, you just can't please everyone..

Great job, tonyebarcanista. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by biladeen(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2016
Without mincing words, the Federal Govt is right in detaining and continue detention of the duo. Reason being that the detainees acts are too big offences that if released on bail they may jump bail or even temper with further investigation or prosecution. The President is doing it in the interest of the nation. The president may be legally wrong in so doing but morally right. The disregard of the court order is innocently made and only owe the rule of law an unreserved apology.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by oyinkinola: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2016
musicwriter:

This is the most biased thing you've ever posted on Nairaland.

What's more treasonable than the people who said they'll "make the country ungovernable", a threat made and carried out against Jonathan?. As far as you're concerned Buhari and co didn't commit treason?.

The judge couldn't entertain the case cause he could see a clear violation of the suspect's rights.

And you don't understand the danger it posses to all of us?. Release and re-arrest is a loophole any law enforcement authority can exploit to keep anybody in prison FOREVER, if we don't demand total compliance to rule of law.

The DSS is simply abusing the power vested on them by our constitution. Of course, Buhari who still see himself as a military ruler encourage this. Apparently, the president don't know the difference between military rule and democratic rule.

Even the police can keep YOU in detention forever using this loophole. All they have to do is prepare several allegations again YOU, and present them one after the other. If you're released for the first allegation, you'll be allowed to leave but re-arrested in front of the police station. Is that what YOU want?
....but you should be honest to yourself and the nation, if you think buhari had once commited the same crime before and is not arrested, who is to blame for that?
loophole: if you commited several offences and you were charged to court, what prevent Dss to rearrest you on further crime while you granted bail on one?
I see reason why you people encouraged the criminals in their evil deeds!
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by lagosrd: 11:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Amitex:

@ Barca, was there really any difference between Radio Chanji, Radio Kudirat and Radio Biafra
I remembered that some people also promised to form a parrllel government. Just wondering if we have different laws for different people or are we being hypocritical with the TRUTH

Why disturbing yourself now.
If you sont declare us , we will form a parallel govt.

If the election is rigged baboon and the ball will soak in blood.

Ex adamawa state gov. ...insulted the president

We will make this country ungovernable for him

The president is a clueless one

He is running a kindergarten government

His wife is a disgrace......personal insult

The guy is a drunk....he takes ogogoro

All Nigerian want is a government of common sense

Yet no treasonable charges against them.

What a zoooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dabossman(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Radio Kudirat was promoting democracy calling for the illegal government of Abacha to step aside and handover to the elected MKO Abiola.

Radio Chanji: Honestly I didn't listen to their broadcast. Please you may enlighten me.

Parallel government statement was inciteful but treasonable? I don't think so.

Most of those who were behind Radio Kudirat were on the run and would have faced prosecution and maybe even death at the time under the Abacha regime. They were not exactly strolling into town daring the government to arrest them and face the wrath of their followers. What Nnamdi Kanu is going through now is what they would have faced if they had been arrested then, if not worse. MKO was incarcerated for 4 years on charges of treasonable felony without trial. Anyone making these comparisons doesn't know history or is trying to distort it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Laid2001: 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
well said.
This time, i agree with you @Barca.
Let the court decide the cases on its merits!.
But you forgot to state your position on former NIMASA boss!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dabossman(m): 11:53am On Jan 01, 2016
musicwriter:

This is the most biased thing you've ever posted on Nairaland.

What's more treasonable than the people who said they'll "make the country ungovernable", a threat made and carried out against Jonathan?. As far as you're concerned Buhari and co didn't commit treason?.

Sleep is different from death. I want to hurt this guy is different from I want to kill this guy.

There are many ways you can make a country ungovernable for a sitting government without resorting to violence. NUPENG, PENGASSON and other oil workers can do that by going on strike for a very long time, thereby crippling our mono economy. The NLC can do the same. Even the National Assembly can make the country ungovernable by frustrating every effort of the executive.

Saying you will make the country ungovernable doesn't explicitly say anything. It is still a vague statement. The question that will be asked is how? Same goes for baboons and dogs.

But when you explicitly ask people to contribute money to procure arms and ammunition to fight a sitting government and use words like "we will kill", what other interpretation can be alluded to that?

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by kayfra: 11:57am On Jan 01, 2016
lagosrd:

Why disturbing yourself now.
If you sont declare us , we will form a parallel govt.

If the election is rigged baboon and the ball will soak in blood.

Ex adamawa state gov. ...insulted the president

We will make this country ungovernable for him

The president is a clueless one

He is running a kindergarten government

His wife is a disgrace......personal insult

The guy is a drunk....he takes ogogoro

All Nigerian want is a government of common sense

Yet no treasonable charges against them.

What a zoooooooooooo

Bolded is the closet to treasonable felony. The rest are nothing under Nigerian law.

We have a 2 year statute of limitations where if an arrest isn't made then the claim for treason is no longer valid.

Our educational system is finished when graduates can't handle simple information like these even with access to the internet.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by mandax: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
Barca,

Nnamfi Kanu's case is political and symbolic, only fools see it from the face value and provisions of the constitution..

Barca,

People from a thousand miles brain-washed you, told you that your closest neighbour is your foe.

Divided, you and your closest neighbours are weak. The people from thousand miles then preside over your life and the life of your neighbour. They clap for you and tell you that you are very intelligent.

Barca,

What do you think Nnamdi Kanu is struggling for? To either change the constitution or for a separate country.

Good luck Jonathan became president by chance. He and your people were called Ogogoro, clueless. See how he finished.

Good that people like Barca are fast diminishing from the south south.

Barca,
I can remember when you were supporting APC, later turned to PDP, and now....
This shows that you can't easily read and rightly judge situations.

Where is your intelligence Barca? Are you not justifying the clueless and ogogoro drinker your REAL ENEMIES branded you?
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by captain247: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

When Biafran men xannot even reason straight, what do we now expect of the women? Aunty, this is what the constitution says and Nnamdi is very Guilty of flouting this section. Person wey get cancer get hope pass Kanu right now.

Before you speak from both sides of your mouth insulting you ancestors am not from biafra neither am I a relative to any of your parents family to call me your aunty.
Where did you see kanu waging war with arms and admonition against government like shekuah is doing ?
Better be useful to yourself and the environment you are, and disease from quoting me cause I owe you no chanji
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by magicfingers009: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
who's dis ar u trying to intimidate me from expressing my views comot for hia!!!! let me see any body born in d zoo dat will arrest me for expressing myself. Yeye dey smell.
Kanu, your Messiah said worse; and now his end is near. You should follow in the footsteps of your dilector. Ewu afikpo
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
captain247:

Before you speak from both sides of your mouth insulting you ancestors am not from biafra neither am I a relative to any of your parents family to call me your aunty.
Where did you see kanu waging war with arms and admonition against government like shekuah is doing ?
Better be useful to yourself and the environment you are, and disease from quoting me cause I owe you no chanji

****, refer to my initial comment. The constitution explicitly states "conspiring to levy war within or outside Nigeria". Upon all the schools you went to you don't know what "conspiring" means?

You better go and **** *** ****** if your **** has refused to function.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Reptyle(m): 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
DeviIhimself:

what of the high Court that granted an unconditional release

It was an unconditional release from the earlier detention order. It was not a restraining order on the DSS to prevent Mr. Kanu ' s re-arrest and re-arraignment on new charges which is what the DSS has done.

If Mr. Kanu had agreed for his plea to be taken on the new charges of treasonable felony, perhaps his lawyers could have argued a fresh plea for bail. But he gave up that right by questioning the integrity of the court and forcing the judge to stand down from the case.

Mr. Kanu as it stands now is not been held illegally. He is been held for a capital offence pending when the chief judge will reassign the case to another judge so his plea can be taken and perhaps bail requested and granted or declined.

Mr. Kanu himself understands that bail cannot be applied for and considered by the court without his plea been taken and that is why he told the court that he would rather remain in jail than subject himself to a court whose integrity he could not be sure of.

His lawyers know that also. They just choose to play to public sympathy to arm twist the government perhaps.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by DeviIhimself: 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
[s][s]
Reptyle:

It was an unconditional release from the earlier detention order. It was not a restraining order on the DSS to prevent Mr. Kanu ' s re-arrest and re-arraignment on new charges which is what the DSS has done.

If Mr. Kanu had agreed for his plea to be taken on the new charges of treasonable felony, perhaps his lawyers could have argued a fresh plea for bail. But he gave up that right by questioning the integrity of the court and forcing the judge to stand down from the case.

Mr. Kanu as it stands now is not been held illegally. He is been held for a capital offence pending when the chief judge will reassign the case to another judge so his plea can be taken and perhaps bail requested and granted or declined.

Mr. Kanu himself understands that bail cannot be applied for and considered by the court without his plea been taken and that is why he told the court that he would rather remain in jail than subject himself to a court whose integrity he could not be sure of.

His lawyers know that also. They just choose to play to public sympathy to arm twist the government perhaps.
[/s]

[/s]

shatap dss did not re-arrested kanu rather they refused to obey the court so stop twisting facts to suit your bigotry be informed
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by musicwriter(m): 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
dabossman:

Sleep is different from death. I want to hurt this guy is different from I want to kill this guy.

There are many ways you can make a country ungovernable for a sitting government without resorting to violence. NUPENG, PENGASSON and other oil workers can do that by going on strike for a very long time, thereby crippling our mono economy. The NLC can do the same. Even the National Assembly can make the country ungovernable by frustrating every effort of the executive.

Saying you will make the country ungovernable doesn't explicitly say anything. It is still a vague statement. The question that will be asked is how? Same goes for baboons and dogs.

But when you explicitly ask people to contribute money to procure arms and ammunition to fight a sitting government and use words like "we will kill", what other interpretation can be alluded to that?

In the same vein; asking people to contribute money doesn't mean money would be contributed. And saying "we will kill" doesn't mean anybody would be killed.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Reptyle(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
FILUX:
Buhari once sayed he will make this nation ungovernable and he did just that in goodluck administration, is that not a treasonable act? Let him kill him and lets see.

President Buhari NEVER said he would make the country ungovernable for anyone. That was said by Mr. Lawal Keita...a senior member of the PDP.

His statement was a response to internal crisis in the PDP about the candidacy of ex-President Jonathan in the 2011 elections.

Instructively, President Jonathan had all the opportunities of pursuing a case of treason against Lawal Keita after he won the elections but chose not to.

How is that President Buhari's fault?
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Reptyle(m): 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
DeviIhimself:
[s]

shatap dss did not re-arrested kanu rather they refused to obey the court so stop twisting facts to suit your bigotry be informed

Ok.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by captain247: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

****, refer to my initial comment. The constitution explicitly states "conspiring to levy war within or outside Nigeria". Upon all the schools you went to you don't know what "conspiring" means?

At this time of the day you are irrelevant on my schedules so go get a life
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dabossman(m): 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
musicwriter:

In the same vein; asking people to contribute money doesn't mean money would be contributed. And saying "we will kill" doesn't mean anybody would be killed.

You obviously don't get it or choose not to. Who are the dogs and baboons that will be soaked in blood? Which group of people does it refer to? Or was Buhari threatening the baboons in the jungle? The statement is too ambiguous to even be tagged as being a threat to anybody or government.

Now compare it with the statements made by Nnamdi Kanu. You can get someone arrested or at least investigated for threatening to kill you, especially when he is openly requesting for a dangerous weapon. But if he says he will hurt you, could he mean he plans to snatch your girlfriend, or pour oil on your brand new white shirt.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by airmark(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
zendy:

Is there any terrorist activity that can be ascribed to him? No. The fact that he solicited for arms in America holds no water because to solicit for arms and to levy war are two different things. Kanu might solicit for arms, but did he get them? Did he levy war? It's like me publicly asking for guns so that I can rob a bank. If I never got the gun and I never robbed the bank, how can you then charge me for a bank robbery that never happend? Nigerians should start using their brains. As for all the inciteful comments Kanu made, his right to freedom of of speech lays them useless.

It's like you did n't follow this case in its entirety. One ipob member madubugwu or something , was caught with unlicensed arms in his house in anambra and further investigation was carried out. He is another defendant in this case, when the case starts, you may see how they will link kanu and this madubugwu guy and further establish treasonable felony.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by captain247: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

I can't refer to your initial post cos I didn't mention you in my first comment. Besides you that study law very well since and cannot deduce ordinary meaning of fighting for human right of freedom simply because of your wicked nature to oppress the minorities turned its meaning to be treason.

Look here boy I don't have time for your shit so fuckuf
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Timbuktuo: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
captain247:

I can't refer to your initial post cos I didn't mention you in my first comment. Besides you that study law very well since and cannot deduce ordinary meaning of fighting for human right of freedom simply because of your wicked nature to oppress the minorities turned its meaning to be treason.

grin. Low IQ
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Belmot(m): 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
captain247:

Why would you call igbos minorities? Since. Kanu is fighting for the freedom of igbos.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Belmot(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Timbuktuo:

grin. Low IQ
That fellow is male posing as female
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Belmot(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
captain247:

Disease from quoting you? I believe it is a typo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Habibat Lawal: The New Acting SGF Appointed By Buhari (Photo) / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs / FCC: Northerners As Chairman & Secretary Is A Violation - Osita Chidoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.