Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? (37747 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order / Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Mamatee07: 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
MhizterWalker:
@Tonybarcanista. Ar u a lawyer or a judge? How a can you call Dasuki a "big thief" when a competent court of law have not yet found him guilty. Please be careful., and in another development how can you say mr Nnamdi Kanu was begging for arms to wage war against Nigeria. Do u have evidence of that? Again please make proper research and come up with facts and figures here, so that u don't mislead anybody here. Thanks and hope u understand.

there is a video of Kanu asking for money to purchase arms

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dustmalik: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice one, TonyeBarcanista

Cc: Seun lalasticlala Obinoscopy Mynd44, this deserves front-page.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by BiafranAvatar(m): 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

In my opinion, people should stop heating the polity and compounding the problem of Mr Nnamdi Kanu. Instead, they should seek to obtain pardon for the youngman from the government. Kanu's alleged offence is grave.

Go suck yourself guy!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by kayfra: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
drss:
correct talk. if buari dullard is basing d continued detention of kanu on wat he said on radio, who will arrest buari for threatening peace n security by saying dis: ''baboons n dogs will soak in blood'' Is dat not a treasonable crime

Crime against animals and their rights group. Not treason.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Dcomrade(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sometimes our problem may not only be bad leadership. ....but bad followership!!! SMH. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by mytime24(f): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Sunofgod(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari basically stated that if given bail the suspects would be likely to flee . . . and if he has to do another 'Umaru Diko' kidnap he wouldn't get away with it in this day and age.

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
for once you make some sense to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by bettercreature(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
My brothers from the south-east wont like this post,Imagine a 73years old man is trying to help us and we are hell bent on following the looters
I simply dont know what's wrong with Nigerian YOUTH,we are our own number one problem

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by bestkey: 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Am a new user, am just testing the platform.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by olajide8(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
These to culprits are security threats to the Nigerian state- that's all 2015

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Boeing777pilot: 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
For once, I agree with tonyebarcanista.
So you can write sensibly like this? shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
I agree with the position canvassed by the OP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
now this is what I call a well written post.
thumbs up OP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:
For once, I agree with tonyebarcanista.
So you can write sensibly like this? shocked

I wonder o. the guy just dey waste im talent before na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by musicwriter(m): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the pronouncement of Buhari justifying Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's detention, some people have gone public to abuse the President and seeking to score cheap point. Has Buhari or DSS really violated the law in Kanu and Dasuki's trial?

On Nnamdi Kanu's Continuous Detention
Firstly, I want to make some clarification. At no time did any court "free or clear" Mr Nnamdi Kanu of any charge against him. What Justice Ademola of the FHC(Abuja) did was to vacate the order it first granted to DSS to detain Kanu for three months. The court vacated the order on the ground that it was unconstitutional to hold a suspect in detention for more than three months without charging such suspect to court. In the words of the learned judge;

What the DSS simply did was to detain Kanu and file case in court on charges that borders on treason. In other words, Kanu is no longer being detained without trial as it was before. It is left for him to argue his innocence with the judge. If the DSS had breached the court ruling, the judge would have summoned them for contempt.

Did Kanu Really Commit Treason?
What constitute treason in Nigeria? The offence of treason can be found in sections 37 to 49 of the Nigeria criminal code.

According to section 37(1) of the Nigeria criminal code; Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death. Section 37(2) further stated that Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Through radio biafra, Kanu preached inciting messages and even went as far as soliciting for arms with intent to wage war against the State. This was captured in a video that has gone viral. I think that breached section 37(2) of Nigeria criminal code(in my opinion). It is however left for the judge to make pronouncement.

This is the most biased thing you've ever posted on Nairaland.

What's more treasonable than the people who said they'll "make the country ungovernable", a threat made and carried out against Jonathan?. As far as you're concerned Buhari and co didn't commit treason?.

The judge couldn't entertain the case cause he could see a clear violation of the suspect's rights.

And you don't understand the danger it posses to all of us?. Release and re-arrest is a loophole any law enforcement authority can exploit to keep anybody in prison FOREVER, if we don't demand total compliance to rule of law.

The DSS is simply abusing the power vested on them by our constitution. Of course, Buhari who still see himself as a military ruler encourage this. Apparently, the president don't know the difference between military rule and democratic rule.

Even the police can keep YOU in detention forever using this loophole. All they have to do is prepare several allegations again YOU, and present them one after the other. If you're released for the first allegation, you'll be allowed to leave but re-arrested in front of the police station. Is that what YOU want?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Exactly! All these iPod and PDP miscreants just enjoying causing chaos. Nonsense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
bettercreature:
My brothers from the south-east wont like this post,Imagine a 73years old man is trying to help us and we are hell bent on following the looters
I simply dont know what's wrong with Nigerian YOUTH,we are our own number one problem
Fallacy of hasty generalisation. Don't equate SE to IPOB PDP members.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by AceRoyal: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Parallel government statement was inciteful but treasonable? I don't think so.

Nice points but please this your statement above makes no sense.
A parallel government isn't a treasonable offense?Bros say the truth at all times.Since It's just your thought though,doesn't really mattertongue

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyBacanista you are misinformed to say that no court clears Nnamdi kanu.
The magistrate court situated at wuse zone2 in Abuja dismissed the case and acquitted him.
Same magistrate court grant he release on bail, before Federal high court orders his unconditional release.
Amaghi kwa sauce ndi nke ina eqoutu ihe fa na akoro gi dia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by oglalasioux(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
drss:
nobody is heating any polity but d duara man himself. Does buari have evidence dat kanu engaged in terrorism like shekau (buari's friend) Evidence is wat d courts use to detarmine their case. It was because of lack of evidence dat made federal high court threw out d charges leveled against kanu. Buari is doing nothing but vendetta.
wait n see, all dis so call terrorism charges releveled against kanu will be dismissed by d courts as baseless.
I don't know your age or level of education but I must remind you that this is social media. Argue your points and stop raining abuses and allegations you cannot prove on the president. It could get you in serious trouble. Freedom of speech has it's limits. There is something called libel in law. Don't think registering with a fake email hides your identity. The internet is a powerful tool. Please be careful. Thanks for your anticipated understanding.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
mytime24:
lipsrsealed

*disappointed#

How would you like it if I took your picture and photoshopped you into a nude woman

I get it that you hate Nigeria and you are bi*@fr@n, but that picture disrespects the rest of us who are Nigerians. undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by snoopdg(m): 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
In my view, only disgruntled elements and enemies of the existence of the entity Nigeria who see no wrong in corruption and looting are the ones who will cheaply blackmail the FG on its efforts to sanitize the country. He can use his discretion in some instances which may not make some happy to carry out his functions and duty as the president. Wailers can get ready for gnashing of teeth in the coming years as all avenues will be used to prosecute the yam eaters and those who served the yams.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Firefire(m): 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amitex:

@ Barca, was there really any difference between Radio Chanji, Radio Kudirat and Radio Biafra
I remembered that some people also promised to form a parrllel government. Just wondering if we have different laws for different people or are we being hypocritical with the TRUTH

Painfully!

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by unstableaswater: 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
[size=18pt]We have prove of Buhari being guilty of Treason and actual casualties. [/size]

Not fictitious claims.

Radio Biafra Director have not been arrested with weapons and neither have IPOB been violent.

Nnamdi Kanu is entitled to free speech and can even make rhetoric.

Barcanista my advice to you and Buahri is that Charity begins at home.

Say no to trial by media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1wpVoMz2jc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by CecyAdrian(f): 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
kayfra:

Crime against animals and their rights group. Not treason.

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy. You just killed me!!!

5 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
BiafranAvatar:

Go suck yourself guy!!!
infantile!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by loveit21: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
As far as the case of kanu is concern. Court did not break the law. Kanu was involve in treason.

His case is that of a stupidd person. Don't get involve in Biafra or niger delta or south south

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by drss(m): 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
oglalasioux:

I don't know your age or level of education but I must remind you that this is social media. Argue your points and stop raining abuses and allegations you cannot prove on the president. It could get you in serious trouble. Freedom of speech has it's limits. There is something called libel in law. Don't think registering with a fake email hides your identity. The internet is a powerful tool. Please be careful. Thanks for your anticipated understanding.
who's dis ar u trying to intimidate me from expressing my views comot for hia!!!! let me see any body born in d zoo dat will arrest me for expressing myself. Yeye dey smell.

6 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by kachnov(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista the points you have raised are quite valid but reeks of hypocrisy of the highest order.

on KANU,cast your mind back to the post election violence of 2007 where actual violence occurred as a result of the hate speeches of an opponent who couldn't handle defeat.Does soaking the dog and baboon with blood strike a chord??

On S.Dasuki,we are yet to see a proper case Brought up against him,just fantasy figures here n there.We only see a clear one sided anti-corruption charade with our saints APC shielded conveniently.
P.S I'm just an objective Nigerian with zero party affiliations.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by jidestar: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Barcanista the online and nairaland resident speculator. U forgot that Buhari and many other Nigerians have said and done worst with actual casualties. This is no story and not sufficient evidence.

5 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by OgbeifunErom: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista

May God bless you

U nailed it

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: Dog Emefiele, Witch Najaatu, Prepare For Battle, I Will Bury You / Atiku Just Arrived Enugu Airport-photos / Obanliku: Cross River Community Where Wives Deny Husbands Sex For Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.