Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? (37748 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order / Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2016
discusant:

You have made your yeo-man's judgement; it is that Kanu committed treason and must be hanged. Stop your trepidation.

For you, an intended armed robber who [b]publicly solicited for arms
to rob, but did not eventually commit robbery - the intended robber can be charged, convicted and hanged for armed robbery.

This is an unjust criminal justice system encrypted in the 1999 constitution by your slave drivers to keep you quiet and never go for self-determination.

For example, for an Ijaw or Kalabari country - if the Ijaw does not fare well in Nigeria, Ijaw has a population well over 10 million people. Some small countries today have less than 50,000 population. Ijaw/Kalabari is populous enough to have a country. It is most important for a citizen to be happy in his/her country, not how big or small or rich the country is.[/b]

cool In any country in the world if you publicly solicit arm to fight the government that is treason. No two ways about it. Instead of you to be begging for leniency for Kanu you are here forming useless grammar professor. This has nothing to do with Northerners vs. Southerners. And tell us what did GEJ/PDP do to free Ijaw people from poverty? Please tell us.

8 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:38am On Jan 01, 2016
Lilswaghanxum:
Why the constant attack of Igbo's on NL I don't get it. With what the president said in his media chat,which he the president doesn't see anything wrong in disobeying court order. I think a precedence has been set. How true is the rumour,about the DSS given Kanu a document to sign.

cool Dasuki is an Igbo man from Abia State - We hate Dasuki too because we hate Igbos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by hummerwise(m): 1:39am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
who's dis ar u trying to intimidate me from expressing my views comot for hia!!!! let me see any body born in d zoo dat will arrest me for expressing myself. Yeye dey smell.
you can start by uploading ur real pix bruh... lets see wah happens from dea...
thats if only you are not a coward.... undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by jidestar: 1:39am On Jan 01, 2016
ACM10:
[size=18pt]It is only in Nigeria that suspect is arrested first before investigation is commenced.[/size]
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by mradjoy(m): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2016
unstableaswater:
[size=18pt]We have prove of Buhari being guilty of Treason and actual casualties. [/size]

Not fictitious claims.

Radio Biafra Director have not been arrested with weapons and neither have IPOB been violent.

Nnamdi Kanu is entitled to free speech and can even make rhetoric.

Barcanista my advice to you and Buahri is that Charity begins at home.

Say no to trial by media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1wpVoMz2jc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM
I am keeping this for my reference
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by ejiyke2007(m): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2016
bUARI IS A TERRORIST SIMPLE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 01, 2016
Nice and fact base write up. Barcanista is on point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by godwinkessi: 1:51am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On Colonel Sambo Dasuki...
Did the DSS contravene any law or disobeyed the court by re-arresting Sambo Dasuki? I don't think so. The Court judgement of December 21 granted Sambo Dasuki and others bail in a N9billion fraud case. Though Dasuki and others were released from prison after meeting bail condition, he was re-arrested after stepping out of prison.

We have to note that the bail was respected by the DSS but unfortunately for him(Dasuki), the judgement of the court didn't grant him any immunity from further arrest. Hence, the government committed no offence in re-arresting him. But why is he even looking for bail when he should be more concerned with clearing his name as regards the $2.2billion arms fund that he allegedly looted with his friends? Why should a "big thief" be using bail to walk free while a poor man languish in prison for years on "awaiting-trial"? I think the government should be encouraged to re-arrest him each time he's granted bail.

I don't believe in abuse of the law but I believe that people should be encouraged to keep off from crimes while the government must be encouraged to fight alleged criminals with the law irrespective of who the perpetrator is.

It is my opinion that Messrs Kanu, Dasuki and others should prepare their defence and prove their innocence before the judge.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Happy New Year 2016

Sai APC!

Welcome to our party. Hope u won't go back to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Barcanista is a big blessing to Nigeria.
I drop my hat for you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by mradjoy(m): 1:56am On Jan 01, 2016
airmark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

Keeping this as future reference as well

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by HiddenShadow: 1:59am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the pronouncement of Buhari justifying Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's detention, some people have gone public to abuse the President and seeking to score cheap point. Has Buhari or DSS really violated the law in Kanu and Dasuki's trial?

On Nnamdi Kanu's Continuous Detention
Firstly, I want to make some clarification. At no time did any court "free or clear" Mr Nnamdi Kanu of any charge against him. What Justice Ademola of the FHC(Abuja) did was to vacate the order it first granted to DSS to detain Kanu for three months. The court vacated the order on the ground that it was unconstitutional to hold a suspect in detention for more than three months without charging such suspect to court. In the words of the learned judge;

What the DSS simply did was to detain Kanu and file case in court on charges that borders on treason. In other words, Kanu is no longer being detained without trial as it was before. It is left for him to argue his innocence with the judge. If the DSS had breached the court ruling, the judge would have summoned them for contempt.

Did Kanu Really Commit Treason?
What constitute treason in Nigeria? The offence of treason can be found in sections 37 to 49 of the Nigeria criminal code.

According to section 37(1) of the Nigeria criminal code; Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death. Section 37(2) further stated that Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Through radio biafra, Kanu preached inciting messages and even went as far as soliciting for arms with intent to wage war against the State. This was captured in a video that has gone viral. I think that breached section 37(2) of Nigeria criminal code(in my opinion). It is however left for the judge to make pronouncement.

I never knew you are wiser than the judges who granted Kanu bail.

All this your gra gra won't stop Kanu's dream from coming to past.

When it does, you will either accept it or be exiled out of SS/SE if truly you are SS

SS/SE remains one.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by jidestar: 1:59am On Jan 01, 2016
mradjoy:

Keeping this as future reference as well

I have watched the video and their is nothing incriminating.

Absolutely nothing but rhetoric without substance, we cannot say same for Buahri and Oba of Lagos video evidence.

Please take that Kanu video to court as evidence of treason. U think High Court is your village elder settlement.

Even the daft tonyeBarcanista think he is dealing with his illiterate mother that he can brainwash or spin nonsense as sense.

I laugh in swahili.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2016
The Op thinks he's smart.I see no smartness in his write up,all I see is a boy who's trying to impress nairalanders with his ignorance.
MhizterWalker:
@Tonybarcanista. Ar u a lawyer or a judge? How a can you call Dasuki a "big thief" when a competent court of law have not yet found him guilty. Please be careful., and in another development how can you say mr Nnamdi Kanu was begging for arms to wage war against Nigeria. Do u have evidence of that? Again please make proper research and come up with facts and figures here, so that u don't mislead anybody here. Thanks and hope u understand.

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Gayigaskia(m): 2:06am On Jan 01, 2016
Question did Jonathan gave Henry Okah bail?

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by duro4chang(m): 2:07am On Jan 01, 2016
Kanu has bitten more than what he can chew. His people wjo could have cautioned him did not.Some kept quiet so that yhey would not be called betrayers while some were praising him on social media.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 01, 2016
HiddenShadow:

When it does, you will either accept it or be exiled out of SS/SE if truly you are SS

SS/SE remains one.

Do you mind enlightening the general public on which court and judge granted Kanu bail on the charges of treasonable felony levied against him? Your insight would be appeciated; with reliable sources of course. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by viktagorion: 2:13am On Jan 01, 2016
FisifunKododada:

cool Dasuki is an Igbo man from Abia State - We hate Dasuki too because we hate Igbos.
Don't mind the mumu.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Gayigaskia(m): 2:17am On Jan 01, 2016
"Neger means Niger in French wow" Not so true Mr Albino grin grin grin
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by olajide8(m): 2:19am On Jan 01, 2016
kachnov:
@TonyeBarcanista the points you have raised are quite valid but reeks of hypocrisy of the highest order.

on KANU,cast your mind back to the post election violence of 2007 where actual violence occurred as a result of the hate speeches of an opponent who couldn't handle defeat.Does soaking the dog and baboon with blood strike a chord??

On S.Dasuki,we are yet to see a proper case Brought up against him,just fantasy figures here n there.We only see a clear one sided anti-corruption charade with our saints APC shielded conveniently.
P.S I'm just an objective Nigerian with zero party affiliations.

God save me from interfering - you are not an objective nigerian- if you are, just saying you wouldn't comment- 11 suite cases of hard currency was taken on the order of dasuki from the central bank to dasuki house -confirmed and signed for by the director finance with dasuki signature appended to it as evidence of his collection, and you say you are objective- what was the money meant for? From the memo's which is in public space especially those released by dasuki himself, all with an intent of leaking national security information, do you know, theirs a law in this country which states- you can not take money meant for capital projects and use it to pay for recurrent, so if money is appropriated for arms purchase it is an offence to use it for any other thing apart from what it is meant for! now to that kanu boy, have the Dss not found high definition transponders equipment, attached to mtn mast not been found in some parts of the south east?- and the contract staff of ericsson engineering sacked for this reason? He is also facing criminal charges of treason - okay, maybe you don't know undecided - he has also testified to it that he was paid to do it by kanu, and his sponsor "that he claims he doesn't know" classified information-

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by fyneboi79(m): 2:19am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the pronouncement of Buhari justifying Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's detention, some people have gone public to abuse the President and seeking to score cheap point. Has Buhari or DSS really violated the law in Kanu and Dasuki's trial?

On Nnamdi Kanu's Continuous Detention
Firstly, I want to make some clarification. At no time did any court "free or clear" Mr Nnamdi Kanu of any charge against him. What Justice Ademola of the FHC(Abuja) did was to vacate the order it first granted to DSS to detain Kanu for three months. The court vacated the order on the ground that it was unconstitutional to hold a suspect in detention for more than three months without charging such suspect to court. In the words of the learned judge;

What the DSS simply did was to detain Kanu and file case in court on charges that borders on treason. In other words, Kanu is no longer being detained without trial as it was before. It is left for him to argue his innocence with the judge. If the DSS had breached the court ruling, the judge would have summoned them for contempt.

Did Kanu Really Commit Treason?
What constitute treason in Nigeria? The offence of treason can be found in sections 37 to 49 of the Nigeria criminal code.

According to section 37(1) of the Nigeria criminal code; Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death. Section 37(2) further stated that Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Through radio biafra, Kanu preached inciting messages and even went as far as soliciting for arms with intent to wage war against the State. This was captured in a video that has gone viral. I think that breached section 37(2) of Nigeria criminal code(in my opinion). It is however left for the judge to make pronouncement.
The coward is asking if a brave man flouted any laws? Hell no boy!!

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by brenister10: 2:21am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
nobody is heating any polity but d duara man himself. Does buari have evidence dat kanu engaged in terrorism like shekau (buari's friend) Evidence is wat d courts use to detarmine their case. It was because of lack of evidence dat made federal high court threw out d charges leveled against kanu. Buari is doing nothing but vendetta.
wait n see, all dis so call terrorism charges releveled against kanu will be dismissed by d courts as baseless.

I don't know why you people are so obsessed and shallow minded. Kanu has committed a graveous offense against the state but because of your own personal delusion, all what you see is Mirage.

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 01, 2016
Mr. Barcanista, Mr. Know-All. Is like you are trying to become everything yourself. Or it seems you are looking out for a Political Appointment? Nwa ntiti egoo! Money which can't lead you anywhere than to be doomed. Nnamdi Kanu is our Leader, take it or leave. And stop bothering yourselves over there, cos you have no learned people than here in Biafraland. #Biafra2016.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by DeviIhimself: 2:29am On Jan 01, 2016
HiddenShadow:

SS/SE remains one.

anybody that takes TonyeBarcanista serious nowadays is just as shameless as him that's my take.

see no matter how much someone hides his character it will surely suffice one day and TonyeBarcanista is a good example of that.

and the worst part is that he's a chronic lair and a history twister who cannot make a single sense without long useless epistle he calls write up.
if he feels that he's brilliant enough he should go to Twitter where few words are required to make sense no he can't because he's a local champion and an attention seeking nigga an unstable human being that doesn't know exactly what he wants.

the most pathetic part of the whole issue is that he thinks he know anything while he's a dunce.

He's now teaching a learned judge that even in his next hundred years he'll never become 1% learned as the judge his job.
He's now better than the judges that acquitted kanu
smh for him
just look at who's applauding him the same bigots as him
nairaland is now infested with 90% bigots facts

this is what bigotry, hate and lies can do to someone.

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2016
nyben4eva:
The Op thinks he's smart.I see no smartness in his write up,all I see is a boy who's trying to impress nairalanders with his ignorance.

Do u have a counter argument that is smarter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 01, 2016
jidestar:

I have watched the video and their is nothing incriminating.

Absolutely nothing but rhetoric without substance, we cannot say same for Buahri and Oba of Lagos video evidence.

Please take that Kanu video to court as evidence of treason. U think High Court is your village elder settlement.

Even the daft tonyeBarcanista think he is dealing with his illiterate mother that he can brainwash or spin nonsense as sense.

I laugh in swahili.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You cannot find anything incriminating na. Are you not a Biafra ìmbecile? Read again mumu:

Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause
such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason
and is liable to the punishment of death:

Nnamdi Kanu is a living dead corpse. You guys are still in denial. The best outcome for him is life imprisonment, by Presidential Pardon sef, the court's will send him to the gallows direct. Now this os something to laugh about.

Hahahahalahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by HiddenShadow: 2:49am On Jan 01, 2016
DeviIhimself:

anybody that takes TonyeBarcanista serious nowadays is just as shameless as him that's my take.

see no matter how much someone hides his character it will surely suffice one day and TonyeBarcanista is a good example of that.

and the worst part is that he's a chronic lair and a history twister who cannot make a single sense without long useless epistle he calls write up.
if he feels that he's brilliant enough he should go to Twitter where few words are required to make sense no he can't because he's a local champion and an attention seeking nigga an unstable human being that doesn't know exactly what he wants.

the most pathetic part of the whole issue is that he thinks he know anything while he's a dunce.

He's now teaching a learned judge that even in his next hundred years he'll never become 1% learned as the judge his job.
smh for him

Tonyebarcanista should ask for a refund of his school fees

Only on Nairaland will uneducated legal people like Barca tell two learned judges that they are wrong
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Gayigaskia(m): 2:51am On Jan 01, 2016
People are accusing Buhari of being a dictator, did GEJ also not one when he denied Charles Okah bail?
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:52am On Jan 01, 2016
odogwu125:
I dont understand all this twisting of facts. Court directed that some one be Release unconditionally, which other intepretation are ppl looking for??
the courts said u should be released unconditionally for one crime, that doesnt mean u can't be rearrested for another crime.

In Kanu's case the DSS withdrew their ealier case against him, stating that the court does not have jurisdiction to try cases of terrorism, so his earlier case was withdrawn and he was decleared unconditionally released.
The DSS simply went to a court that hears cases of terrorism and added that charge to his provious charges and rearrested him. New crime, new arrest.

It is a loophole in our constitution that allows a suspect to be rearrested on new charge connected to previous charges while on bail. Thus what d DSS did wasnt illegal. The nigerian constitution doesnt condemn it. I dont know any constitution dat doesnt have dis loophole.

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Reptyle(m): 3:00am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
nobody is heating any polity but d duara man himself. Does buari have evidence dat kanu engaged in terrorism like shekau (buari's friend) Evidence is wat d courts use to detarmine their case. It was because of lack of evidence dat made federal high court threw out d charges leveled against kanu. Buari is doing nothing but vendetta.
wait n see, all dis so call terrorism charges releveled against kanu will be dismissed by d courts as baseless.

If you would just pull yourself together, divorce yourself of emotions for a moment and read the OP's post again, you would see the point he is trying to make.

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by harristo(m): 3:07am On Jan 01, 2016
bolanto24:
Tonye seems you're now writing for APC.

The Nigerian state is not all about APC and PDP.

An intelligent youth will not always be on about APC and PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by harristo(m): 3:11am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:

Is that right
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Reptyle(m): 3:22am On Jan 01, 2016
DeviIhimself:

smh for him

You speak about an acquittal. How can there have been an acquittal when there was no charge in the first place?

All the judge did was to vacate an earlier detention order he had granted the DSS. He did not acquit Director Kanu neither did he give a restraining order against the DSS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Just Arrived Enugu Airport-photos / Obanliku: Cross River Community Where Wives Deny Husbands Sex For Development / Throwback Photo Of Atiku And Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.