Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Found Love On Twitter - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Found Love On Twitter (3526 Views)

5 Beautiful Colours Men Love On Women [PHOTOS] / I Found Love!!! / Have You Ever Found Love On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2009
Ah! Nice!! Bless them both . . .

[size=16pt]MasterChef star Greg Wallace, 44, finds new love, 27, on Twitter website[/size]

[center][/center]
MasterChef host Gregg Wallace has found love with a stunning schoolteacher 17 years his junior – after wooing her on social networking site Twitter.

Twice-wed Gregg, 44, met biology teacher Heidi Brown, 27, after she became one of his “followers” on Twitter, on which a host of celebrities post regular updates about themselves.

Heidi is now accompanying the greengrocer-turned-presenter to showbiz parties and will quit her job next month to move in with Gregg.

Theirs is the first known instance of a celebrity romance developing from Twitter, whose other users include Jonathan Ross, Demi Moore and Stephen Fry.

Even US President Barack Obama posts – or “tweets” – on the site.

Heidi first got in touch with Gregg, whose new Celebrity MasterChef series began last week on BBC1, after a message he posted about “jiggling cabbage” prompted a saucy response from fans.

Gregg, whose Twitter name is Pudding Face, wrote: “Jiggling cabbage is not a euphemism. No more than shuffling shallots or sorting celery.”

Heidi – who split from her husband David, 32, last year – replied: “How do you sort celery?”

Gregg wrote: “Big ones to the left, leafy to the right. You didn’t know that?”

Later she sent him a flirty message asking if he was aware that magazine writers had declared him a “weird crush”. Seizing the moment, Gregg asked Heidi, of Carlisle, Cumbria: “Ever visit London? Give me a call, I’ll buy you lunch.”

They met up and Heidi, who at 5ft 9ins is two inches taller than Gregg, accompanied him to the Bafta awards in April.

Gregg tweeted that night to say: “Waiting for the car. Girl on my arm looks amazing.”

Next day she tweeted: “Had a fabulous weekend with a truly exceptional man, very very happy.”

Heidi has now decided to leave her job in Penrith and has told friends she is moving in with father-of-two Gregg, who has homes in London and Kent.

Gregg, who refers to himself as the “cooking woman’s crumpet”, boasted in February: “TV is very, very good for your love life. The girls are getting younger too.”

Peckham-born Gregg’s first wife Christine left him after just six weeks. Second wife Denise – on whom he admitted cheating regularly – split from him in 2002.

He started out selling vegetables in Covent Garden and built up a  business before his TV career. A spokesman for Gregg said last night: “He and Heidi are very happy.”

for SOURCE: Click here
Re: Found Love On Twitter by spikedcylinder: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2009
Congrats to them, people can find love anywhere. smiley
Also helps that she's pretty and he looks like Yoda. cheesy
Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2009
^^^Lmao!!! cheesy

I'm still trying to figure how the darn thing works and people are already finding love on it! cheesy
Re: Found Love On Twitter by spikedcylinder: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2009
You and me both.
I feel like I'm telling on myself each time I post there but thats prolly because NL bleeped up my anonymity clause. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2009
Hey Spikey. . .darlin', sweeri, buttercup, can ya help me ask TPTB why he took down siggy?
Re: Found Love On Twitter by yicob(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2009
Somedays I would also take Spikedcylinder to the altar. The headline reads From Nairaland to Altar Land; Yicob weds Spikedcylinder amid elegance and pageantry ! jk
Re: Found Love On Twitter by spikedcylinder: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2009
The naijawife siggy? I can still see it there o.
Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
No! No Not that one.

I had one smiley like that with a lot guys bowing down to me. . . errr. . . never mind, I think I know why it was taken down.

LMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy

yicob:

Somedays I would also take Spikedcylinder to the altar. The headline reads From Nairaland to Altar Land; Yicob weds Spikedcylinder amid elegance and pegeantry ! jk

Rotflmao. . . Amid elegance and pageantry. Means you got money, huh? Me Likey!!! kiss kiss

Can I be Chief Bride's maid? I'll help you get the bride to the alter  wink
Re: Found Love On Twitter by spikedcylinder: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2009
Oh yea, that one with the King with one eye. tongue Don't know why it was taken down o, prolly exceeded the "recommended" size for siggies.

That aside, are you collecting my bride price already? angry
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

I had one smiley like that with a lot guys bowing down to me. . .

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Hey were those smileys you and/or yours?

The main smiley was about to give me the heebie jeebies the last I saw the lot

but I shrugged it off kia-mosa there was something odd about the main smiley . . .
Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh yea, that one with the King with one eye. tongue Don't know why it was taken down o, prolly exceeded the "recommended" size for siggies.

Aaaa so! Na gani!!

Didn't know they had recommended size for siggy. I thot TPTB was doju le-ing me again. Hehehehe, Yes, yes I know I pataki ara mi but If I don't who will?  cheesy cheesy

Thanks. . .it sure is nice having friends in high places.

That aside, are you collecting my bride price already? angry

What can I say. . . a gals gotta eat. (8

Recognise:

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Hey were those smileys you and/or yours?

The main smiley was about to give me the heebie jeebies the last I saw the lot

but I shrugged it off kia-mosa there was something odd about the main smiley . . .

Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy

What was odd about the main smiley was that she had a SMILE OF CONTENTMENT on her face. You prolly didn't recognize it coz. . . well coz men don't see that often on a woman's face. Hehehe tongue
Re: Found Love On Twitter by StephenP(m): 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2009
Wow! I wish them best of luck.
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

What was odd about the main smiley was that she had a SMILE OF CONTENTMENT on her face.

You prolly didn't recognize it coz. . . well coz men don't see that often on a woman's face. Hehehe tongue

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Aight I'll come clean Aint too proud . . .

It was a combination of events and/or situations

It was the chief smiley with other smileys bowing down to it  (i.e. these were in the siggy area), the avatar (i.e. the/your pic) and the "Latin" recitation (i.e. the text)

I was reading out the recitation, then got to the second word and discontinued . . .

When checking out the text, couldn't help not noticing from the corner of my eyes, the pic's eyes, on the right and the chief smiley on the left

Something about them both gave me the heebie-jeebies . . .

And to worsen matters, wasn't sure what the "Latin" text was about . . .

That prompted a sharp sortie naimean grin
Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2009
Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That wasn't Latin. . . that was HAUSA!!!!
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
Love.

Hmm on twitter. rotfl

How does twitter work sef? Maybe my own mr right dey dia dey wait for me with bags of money.
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That wasn't Latin. . . that was HAUSA!!!!

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Phew! sigh of relief . . .

Earlier was saying to myself need to give this Sisi Jinx a wide berth men

"Suspicious looking corner eyes, text I don't know what its saying and a chief smiley has something that looked like horns on its head" 

Cor blimey, the whole shebang was about freaking me out grin grin ROTFL literally

Funny now, but can betcha, wasn't then grin grin

Honestly almost had palpitations. For what? a harmless pic and sheer silly ignorance . . .

I've now boldly gone to check the pic properly,

and come to think of it, the pic sure does have those naimean Hausa hair-frills or is it fringes

I do recall now checking out your blog last year . . .

Anyways you're safe  wink wink Shame babelfish doesnt do Hausa, yet

Re: Found Love On Twitter by TOYOSI20(f): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2009
Congrats to them smiley
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2009

Shame babelfish doesnt do Hausa, yet

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Ah-ha! Just found out,

My friend G, told me its a Hausa proverb

literally means "The eye is not a measure, but it knows what is small"

Hmm brilliant wink

Re: Found Love On Twitter by SisiJinx: 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
Rotflmao!!!! cheesy cheesy

You friend G is the brilliant one! grin

So what. . . you're not gonna give me a wide berth anymore?

Hmmm, don't know how I feel about that. I like it when guys FEAR me. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Found Love On Twitter by Recognise: 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

. . .  like it when guys FEAR me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

I don't fear no one, except my other G friend  wink wink

Do give the occasional or odd wide berths though, if/when I detect/sense something iffy

As I said earlier, you're cool and safe  wink wink

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Gift You Could Present To Your Lover On His/her Birthday? / Ladies How 2 Control Yrselves From Sleeping Ard / Why Do Most Guys Feel Awkward And Uncomfortable Around Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.