Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience (27372 Views)

How A Medical Student Miraculously Escape Contacting H.I.V. / Free H.i.v Test Centres In Lagos / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by YankeeJoe(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Asking myself a lot of questions like if it is positive do you know that all your certificates are now waste? I know you may laugh at this but i also start planning on how to share it.
blood of god! U must be the devil himsef!!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
I Have no reason too....undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
I did it like many times without being scared because I dont sex without cd. Omo last month i travelled to ABJ met this fine girl and we f*cked without cd couple of times. I am scared like hell! I just hope shes clean.

God if I escape this one ehh! I won't do it again!!!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by YankeeJoe(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Asking myself a lot of questions like if it is positive do you know that all your certificates are now waste? I know you may laugh at this but i also start planning on how to share it.
yeye fowl, shey na everybody bn give u d hiv wey u want come turn free donor? Evil men
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by chynergy1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
yep,
6 times but the first one wasnt funny.
it was done abroad as a requirement for for all foreign students. i slept less than 3 hours for the whole night.
the others- wedding, blood donation x3, and one surgery.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
HIV is a scam

It is a hoax

Not real
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Sunnyade01(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
I did it recently. The Doctor came out of the lab with smiles on his face.

It was negative.

I did it just for the record and not because I was reckless!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by SmithEnemona(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin grin grin
Mrcapability7:
I just frozen looking at the doctor like mumu to give me death sentence
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by salaboiz(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
i'm like shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Cutehector(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Sex isn't the only means through which people contract hiv and aids so it's imperative dah we all know our hiv status periodically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ajebuter(f): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
I was screened for HIV before i underwent surgery in July 2015.

I wasnt scared or frightened either because i knew it would be negative.

#teammyhubbyonly# grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by shut(f): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yea, I've done mine couple of times.
My first test was like my other tests after it, I didn't see any reason why I should be scared even when I had been sexually active cus I knew better.

I don't like how people suddenly look less of themselves once hiv is the topic of discuss or they are to take the test.
I have friends and close accomplice with the virus and they are not doing bad.

. Hiv does not kill you, it's the unnecessary thoughts of regret you keep nursing every other day of your life and the discrimination of hiv patients that kill.
Get educated and safe yourself and people around you, play safe wink

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Kazrem(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have not.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by dantewest: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
I do it all the time. Nothing special about it though
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by adioolayi(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Diddyydiva:
I haven't sad because I don't have the reason to sad

but ladies dread pregnancy test more grin grin grin

I dont think so...One na Death Sentence while the other na just little shame from after which you carry on. HIV and pregnancy test are miles apart grin
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Drsmiles(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
I work in a hospital
And there was a day when all the HIV tests I ordered that day came out positive
So the nurse on duty asked me to do mine just to be sure nothing was wrong with the strips
The result.............,,, go and check ur own

That aside u guys should be careful the way you treat HIV as a death sentence via ur comments
Some HIV positive peeps are reading through
These false picture kills faster than the virus[color=#990000][/color]

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by mikkypel(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Did it twice.. The first one when I was a virgin.. I was scared because I am an health student, so I knew to contract it is not by sex alone
.. The lab scientist was like why are you afraid? I came out negative.. The second one was serious.. My friend ran the test on me.. Then I was bleeping my gf very very raw.. My guy scared the hell out of me when he told me on WhatsApp that I am positive.. I nearly dies, he later showed me and I came out negative.. I did syphilis test which is VDRL test late last year and cane out negative.. Since then I have not step out of my boundary.. So I'm safe.. But it's God that can safeguard us cuz we barb all the tine
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by kilokeys(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Felt like making a customized shirts that reads" THIS BRO IS HIV NEGATIVE" then at the back

Don't stress him.. Just Open
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Taku555(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I have o! It was funny. Went for one show; celebrity soccer organized by Yaw ard Dec last year and they were running free Hiv test. My sister agreed to do it and it was so funny because in my mind I didn't want to do it and for like 15secs I was frozen stiff while the girl doing d test dragged me to where d test was being conducted. Everytin happened so fast and my heart was just racing...but finally turned out -ve sha, thank God. But I still smile at how I reacted that day
you have it?
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bugzbunny: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided I be virgin.. I no fit get HIV.. Therefore, I never do the test before.
Lols............ U are damn naïve
U think its only tru sex abi...
Nawa ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by adioolayi(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
unstoppableme:
I did it like many times without being scared because I dont sex without cd. Omo last month i travelled to ABJ met this fine girl and we f*cked without cd couple of times. I am scared like hell! I just hope shes clean.

God if I escape this one ehh! I won't do it again!!!
Ti'e ti ba e ...grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Dejiemmanuel(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yes with all pleasure, when I wanted to get married. There is actually no big deal about it on the condition that you are sure of yourself.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
It was when i went to donate blood to my sister who gave birth to a baby at igando general hospital that they carried out an hiv test on me.I never knew they would first did a test without one's knowledge before one can donate blood.I wasn't panic though,since i had no symptoms then.I just watched as the nurse was given me sermons not to feel dejected had i been contracted with the virus.The test came out negative.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Osisie(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
I was really sick and admitted to the hospital. I just got disvirgined, without a condom. *u should know, I regret this. Not the 'without a condom', I regret doing the act*

The doc ran a test without my conscent. He only told me after he had done it. My heart was in my mouth. He noticed my anxiety, but then he confirmed I was negative. I almost warned him never to try it with me again.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Everybody claiming Negative, who con get HIV, or let's declare Nigeria HIV free then

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by refreshrate: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm before we were to get married na so aunty drop notice of HIV test requirement.

Ol boy worst 20mins of my life!
Not even sure of how long it took sef. I just Pam I no fit talk no any unnecessary movement.

When the result was released come see reassurances even if it was positive I would have still married you, blah blah blah, iffa hear!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Michelle55: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
its now a normal routine for me... I go for HIV screening every 3months.. so I don't feel scared even during the first time because I know myself.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Ephemmm: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
My own case get K-legs oooo.

I woke up on one Saturday morning healthy with the major aim of disturbing the hospitals that have been deducting money from my salaries for over a year.

On getting there, my answer was resounding 'yes' to anything the doctor asked me. He was so confused that he didn't know the kind of disease I had.

Without telling me, he called his lab scientist to test my HIV status. After a while, the lab scientist resurfaced saying - congratulations. 'On what' I asked him? His reply was that I was HIV negative.

Men! I nearly fainted. I have been persuaded more than three times to come for HIV test, but I always declined. This one caught me unaware. Latter on, I started imagining- is this the way I could have been tagged 'HIV positive' assuming the test was positive?

May God save us.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ikombe: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
excellencyabia1:
but i also start planning on how to share it.
God go make you die before u start sharing it grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by preciousMI1(f): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
GREAT STRAPHERS IN THE HOUSE, grin grin grin

GREAT F**KLICANTS IN THE HOUSE... I HAIL THEE grin grin

note: no one should come here lecturing me on d other causes of hiv...
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bugzbunny: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
I do it steady....
It costs nothing

Any date I get
No test .....no sex
No condom...no sex

This costs nothing
Put ur mind at ease

Do it the bugz way wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bettercreature(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
I've done it twice! i trust myself

You dont have HIV as long as you are healthy,The last time i fell sick was 1994

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Susan Okpe Released From COVID-19 Isolation Centre / How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals / "Be Cautious": Ikpeazu Speaks From Isolation Center Over His COVID-19 Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.