Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience (27370 Views)

How A Medical Student Miraculously Escape Contacting H.I.V. / Free H.i.v Test Centres In Lagos / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by herboshedhe(f): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oma307:
Y must u fear? Desist
any correlation of your post with mine sir?
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by princealexndre(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
mine was worst....i did mine in a nearby road arund egbeda....people were much...there was this tall guy in my front on d queue making hell of noise shouting for space..pushing pple as if d line is his birthright naso my guy enter the big bus container dey shout say aw can i have hiv?chk it again oh...as i overheard wat he said my heart skipped a beat...me wey be say i jus de finish to de knack one girl....i jus excused my self from d crowd...i went to a nearby shop nd bought gala nd pepsi...i ate to my satisfaction...at least if i be +ve i no go cry ontop empty stomach....i chop d gala at d same time thinking abt my life....after spending 2hrs eating...i go join line back,gathering courage...i jus de see different people wailing...most people were smiling...it finally got to my turn shs...dem do d normal procedure...doc stared at me for a moment and said young man"you just have to take life d way it is"for my mind i jus de weep down....ah Alex nah so u end your life...d man say make i see d women sitting dere for counselling. ..pronouncing that i am positive...i jus sit down dere like frog....my mind dey browse thru dose babes wey i don yanch this year...naso person jus tap me say make i wake up...i open my eyes see say nah my room mate....so nah dream i dey dream since morng...i skipped class go run d test ASAP....but thank GOD say d test nah negative grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alwelldinho(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
hmmm..before the result came out i quietly went to a secluded place. I confessed all my sins to God and promised him that I was gonna turn born again if the result is negative. I also thought of the possible ways to commit suicide if it turns out to be negative. I couldn't stand been a carrier, the thought alone was killing.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by herboshedhe(f): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
lepasharon:
Only low IQ people catch stds in this day and age.
Can you provide further clarification on this please?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by kingjoe(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
IT WAS IN A MEDICAL LAB I WENT FOR THE TEST .TO MY ASTONISHMENT THE LAB ATTENDANT WHO WAS EATING WHILE I CAME TO MAKE THE ENQUIRY THROUGH UP IMMEDIATELY SHE HEARD H.I V..JUST THE NAME .I HAVE NOT EVEN BEING DIAGOGNIZED YET.I PRETENDED UNTIL THE RESULT CAME OUT NEGATIVE .I THEN TOLD HER TO GO FOR HERS .IT WAS REALLY EMBARRASSSING.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by BABANGBALI: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
what is HIV?
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by eROCK247(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
First time I had hiv test was in Josh, 2008. Despite d cold I soaked in sweat. Longest wait I ever had. Saw lots of +ve results on d floor n was scared nemesis myt hav finally caught up with me. It's bin easier to go for tests now sha. I undergo it every opportunity I get
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
after I unvirgined I was restless oh! for like 8months I was contemplating going for hiv test oh cos of the new sick feelings I was having.

men!!sex nah bad thing outside marriage, I emaciated cos of thinking and people were saying it. Finally, I gave up and said, 'if I really have it then let it show jor!'

aha!! some years later. . . . one correct girl help me carry bele oh! just because I no get space for my own bele to carry pickin. on the 8th month I was asked to donate blood.

gengen!!see fear nah!!the fear nah full -option, I couldn't even feel the needle that was as fat as ribena straw.

but the only assurance I had then was that since my lady was going for antenatal them they must have conducted diff tests on her too, including the almighty HIV.

Well, I received no result but they only said I have a healthy blood.

imagine me throwing party at home that evening oh!!!
kaĆ®! see me wey don give up some years back, I come dey even skin dive like reckless abandon. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Addicted2Women: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
The last time i did H.I.V test was in 2007 and it was Negative.
I started fuccking big girls raw, girls that have millions, the reason was because they pay me to have sex with them without condoms.
I swear in my life never to have a H.I.V test again because of the unprotected sex I've had.
I went to the USA embassy and the H.I.V test wasn't compulsory, they asked me if i want to have a H.I.V test and i said no.

I know I'm negative because my girlfriend gave birth to my first child two years ago and she was negative, I've been having sex with her unprotected, if i got HIV, she would have gotten it also, but she's clean and negative.
Since then, a stranger can be na-ked in front of me and my dick won't even stand up, i no wan chop anyhow, come die anyhow.
I came to this world through the pusssy, and i will not die because of the pusssy.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by lustra89(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Indeed its a day I will never forget in my life, when I got to the hospital, they asked me for my name and I lied about my name. I also told them I came for genotype test as well. So during the course of the test I was just sweating profusely, asking myself that if this test turns out positive, what will I do, to cut the whole story short. It turned out negative, that was I became so happy. Hug the doctor and told him I lied about my name, and the doctor just advised me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Horlawale1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
During NYSC camp.

Very funny, different kind of thought roaming in my mind. grin
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Larryfest(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Was forced to do mine wen d hospital required it for d birth of my son compulsory dey said,did it wit alot of intending fathers was vry scared abt d outcome bt it ws cool and i was relieved wen i finaly saw d result bt one of d intending father was postive i rili felt him cos even our pregnant wives were der wit us altru cud still remember d looks on d man's face....i just tankd God i was clean
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by geez18(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
when i went for the tests,HIV was'nt actually the primary reason for which i ran the tests,i included it as an afterthought.the day i went for the results i was in good spirit.the attendant looked up at me with a stern look fo some seconds then smiled and said "young man your results are quite impressive,it's actually good,keep it up".i smiled,took the results from him and read it.i was actually clean on all counts.funny thing though,when i told my girlfriend i ran a HIV test she became apprehensive,asking me over and over again what the result was.i tormented her a bit before showing her the result. cheesy she later ran the same test and came out negative.it's been years now and that was the first of numerous tests i've done.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by dantobi: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Abeg I don laugh tire jare
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by mamadsquare: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
I've done the test at least 3 times, whenever I do voluntary blood donation.
So the first time I donated, together with my friends, we were told that the blood would be screened for hiv and all sorts before it would be certified 'transfusable' and that they would get back to us with results. Thereafter, we forgot about it till we each received text messages that the results were ready and it would be delivered to us on campus on a set date.
The atmosphere just changed for us, come and see sweat dripping from my palms and feet. And I had not even been deflowered then, was just thinking of cuts from razor I've had, needle pricks and all.
The set date came and passed, nobody delivered results to us.
Yeeeeeeeee!
We now started thinking they want to invite us over to their office to counsel us before breaking the news.
We summoned courage and called their number and they apologized and set another date plus the phone number of the person bringing it so we would meet up.
The day came and we started dialing the number, no answer. We did this till late afternoon when the owner picked up and said we should meet at a particular time in front of the school senate house.

On hearing SENATE HOUSE, we started thinking maybe the bearer of the news wanted the V.C and Registrar to be there so they would hold us when we want to start tearing cloth. So we left the hostel and headed for the place, we were all faking strong heart.
When we got there, the person was not there, we started calling again no answer! We began pacing back and forth. She finally called to say she was almost there, we now gathered and were looking at faces of people walking by.
Then a lady stopped, brought out the phone and was dialling, turned out it was a call to one of us and we announced ourselves. Guess who she was? One talkative girl like that in our hostel.
We sighed first, thinking that they could never have given a +ve result to a fellow student.
She called the name and handed our individual results to each one of us. We waited till she left before we opened because the girl was in Mass Communications department. We spread out to check and were looking at the expression on each person's face, it was all -ve, all four of us.

Come and see laughter, we laughed all the way back to the hostel as we started sharing what we were thinking while waiting for the girl.

Subsequently, the anxiety reduced.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by seeker121(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
It was during my service in Cross River state,just felt sick and the doctor asked if i hv ever been tested for HIV , i just told him it was malaria and within twinkle of an eyes,the doctor insisted i must do my HIV test. Omo my heart continue to beat faster,just imagining what the outcome of the result will be.Immediately the man confirmed that i was negative,my body just well like say miracle happen.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
bibijay123:
The lab scientist wrote something on the result n turned it down n then he said the result is out but I need you to give me. Ur home address n I went like cry so dis is d end for me! God if u save me frm dis one I promise nt to ......ever again
u sure say na negative e be? Lol
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by thebestprice(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
I DO HIV TEST EVERY 3MONTHS.. always negative,means nothing to me
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Mrcapability7: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oma307:
Out of guilty conscience.
i de tell my mind flashed back when condom broken when lashing olosho
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Result was negative only for me to get to d hospital d following day & be confronted by d same DEMONIC matron for a RE-RUN due to......i was like-D WORLD IS IN TROUBLE! I smiled @ d end tho.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by GENTLETEE(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have done it twice. I was scared of the outcome with the first but was more relaxed with the second. I couldn't pay attention to the counseling given before you get to see the result.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by fergus0n: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Y e be say na guls da gv experience en da guys are here forminq innocent nwokeoma well guls since da guys are forminq daht da are innocent den hu did it
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by GENTLETEE(m): 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have done it twice. I was scared of the outcome with the first but was more relaxed with the second. I couldn't pay attention to the counseling given before you get to see the result. On both occasion it turned negative!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by smitez(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Great stories .. all you people are doing is discriminating against those with it indirectly.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
princealexndre:
mine was worst....i did mine in a nearby road arund egbeda....people were much...there was this tall guy in my front on d queue making hell of noise shouting for space..pushing pple as if d line is his birthright naso my guy enter the big bus container dey shout say aw can i have hiv?chk it again oh...as i overheard wat he said my heart skipped a beat...me wey be say i jus de finish to de knack one girl....i jus excused my self from d crowd...i went to a nearby shop nd bought gala nd pepsi...i ate to my satisfaction...at least if i be +ve i no go cry ontop empty stomach....i chop d gala at d same time thinking abt my life....after spending 2hrs eating...i go join line back,gathering courage...i jus de see different people wailing...most people were smiling...it finally got to my turn shs...dem do d normal procedure...doc stared at me for a moment and said young man"you just have to take life d way it is"for my mind i jus de weep down....ah Alex nah so u end your life...d man say make i see d women sitting dere for counselling. ..pronouncing that i am positive...i jus sit down dere like frog....my mind dey browse thru dose babes wey i don yanch this year...naso person jus tap me say make i wake up...i open my eyes see say nah my room mate....so nah dream i dey dream since morng...i skipped class go run d test ASAP....but thank GOD say d test nah negative grin grin grin
Hahahahaaha.. U no well o.. So funny

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
WeedSeller:
Lalasticlala 'show nan

grin.. Remembered when i visited my sister,being a nurse she told me they were running a free hiv test in ah hospital clinic..

Naso i wear cloth follow ah + assuring myself i nofit be +hiv-positive..

As i enter hospital,wasint up to 20 mins when i was called in

grin..After the whole test..Was asked to chill til they call me again..

Wasint funny atall,na so memories of Adeola, florence,esther wey i don knack "raw" dey enter my brain..God !
I quickly open my opera mini nd typed symtoms of hiv for google(something wey i know before)..lol

Was later called in,sweats don draw nigeria map for the round neck wey i wear..# Atlast -Negative.. ! grin..
cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm
Mrcapability7:
i de tell my mind flashed back when condom broken when lashing olosho
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by abuaoyen(f): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mine is a miracle! I thank God so much for his mercies towards me. I never thought of doing the test until I got pregnant and it was compulsory. #teamhivnegative. Am blessed with a beautiful boy and we r healthy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by smitez(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
alwelldinho:
hmmm..before the result came out i quietly went to a secluded place. I confessed all my sins to God and promised him that I was gonna turn born again if the result is negative. I also thought of the possible ways to commit suicide if it turns out to be negative. I couldn't stand been a carrier, the thought alone was killing.

Ways to commit suicide.. that's discrimination!!!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ceedenis: 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
My first experience was a visit to my village in 2006. I met this very beautiful village champion and everything went smoothly till we had the koko. Later on in my stay I started hearing stuffs about the girl.
It got me scared and I took a bike to the next town for a test. I am normally scared of syringes so it took about 20minutes to get my blood.
I asked the nurse how long the results will take she said 30minutes. I quickly rushed out and went to a bar. I did not get beer so I took enough palm wine. When I came back though an hour later I was taken into a room and the doctor kept talking all the way like a priest. I ran out of patience and asked him if I had it. He smiled and said you are drunk but HIV free!!!!! I just snatched the paper and I was out. I went back to the bar for thanksgiving.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by mallamseifaldin(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
HateU2:
Yeah nd the doctor was crazy. Damn! After the test, he asked 'what will be ur reaction if u are positive' I just dey look him. D crazy doc no gimme my result o unless I answered the question. So, I said 'life goes on bro'. He smiled and said 'as if it's that easy'. Anyway, congrats u are negative. B4 nko? I'm decent nah. Anyway, I jumped up and almost hug him, That was the 1st tym I did the test anyway. I have lost count now, I check myself any time I see where dem dey do am. Life is too short to live with HIV

After all the Bleep dem dey Bleep you.. You are lucky.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alfajohn: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
The one and only time was mandated to do it by one of this Shylock employers ( bank ). It was not easy o as the result was not to be communicated to me. It was only when my guy in the HR department told me the result before my BP came down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebola Facts!!! / Susan Okpe Released From COVID-19 Isolation Centre / How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.