Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience (27367 Views)

How A Medical Student Miraculously Escape Contacting H.I.V. / Free H.i.v Test Centres In Lagos / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by butterflyy(f): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
It was in 2012, I went with two of my bffs, we were very confident at first. Until the matron ask us to see her in her office. She started with these words, " you know it's not the end of the world, there are people living with HIV but are very healthy and still live out their potentials. " By the time she finished her counseling we were sweating like Christmas goat, thinking she has seen our test results and trying to comfort us, we seriously died and rose from death, only for her to hand us sealed envelope and it was all negative. Come see vex. We went back and told her to stop that kind joke with people's lives. She defended herself saying she doesn't have any idea about the test results , that her duty is to counsel. From that day onwards it's Private hospital things.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by jetage1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
I stool, stool and stool until d results gets to my ears, its funny dat no matter how many times i do d test, d feeling remains d same, abeg am due for another round of test
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by samhay: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
herboshedhe:

Why quoting me you this guy ehn
Ur experience thoughcheesy

How can i unquote, Mod, we need unquote button o
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by chinnysuggie: 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=excellencyabia1 post=41700607]Asking myself a lot of questions like if it is positive do you know that all your certificates are now waste? I know you may laugh at this but i also start planning on how to share it. [/quote

is not a waste bro, der are some drugs u can take to kip u alive till and healthy till God says its ur time
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:
I was screened for HIV before i underwent surgery in July 2015.

I wasnt scared or frightened either because i knew it would be negative.

#teammyhubbyonly# grin grin
See this one

Yeye

U know how many mistresses your hubby dey knack outside

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by excellencyabia1: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=chinnysuggie post=41721589][/quote] mind you, i am not positive.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by olutunde12(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
Absan86:
Hmmn Some ppl wunt confess tru tru even if dey r POSITIVE...

I dont think so. No body is forced to comment. So somebody may not comment now. Why would anybody lie. What i know is that HIV spread is being blown out of proportion.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by herboshedhe(f): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
samhay:

How can i unquote, Mod, we need unquote button o
Share your experience jo
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by olutunde12(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Well, i hope it is not hiv test some people will use their entire life do.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by k2kay(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Presently sick and was told to run a few test but am in a bar sipping #orijin. YOLO
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
alwelldinho:
hmmm..before the result came out i quietly went to a secluded place. I confessed all my sins to God and promised him that I was gonna turn born again if the result is negative. I also thought of the possible ways to commit suicide if it turns out to be negative. I couldn't stand been a carrier, the thought alone was killing.
Go and do it again coz you seem very confused.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ajebuter(f): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
1stolax:

See this one

Yeye

U know how many mistresses your hubby dey knack outside

It may sound corny, yeah, but i trust him.

Iron-clad trust. Yes, i do
grin
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alwelldinho(m): 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
smitez:

Ways to commit suicide.. that's discrimination!!!
my dear, it wasn't easy but I thank God the result came out positive
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alwelldinho(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
1stolax:

Go and do it again coz you seem very confused.
no thank you..haba bros, kilode na? lol
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alwelldinho(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
jetage1:
I stool, stool and stool until d results gets to my ears, its funny dat no matter how many times i do d test, d feeling remains d same, abeg am due for another round of test
dont worry, you will find what you seek
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by deluckiest(m): 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
First time I did mine was in 2010 at Ikorodu general hospital. It wasn't fun o! grin

It started with symptoms of malaria/typhoid and all the treatment taken proved useless. Family members where suggesting total test including hiv. One day I summoned courage and decied to visit ikorodu general hospital.

After examining me, the doctor prescribed some drug and asked me to go for hiv test and i should report back to him with the result.
I wanted to go home with the drug i already bought but i decided to go for the test afterall. I had one thing in mind...if am positive i'll go to the village away from my friends and everybody around me. Although i was not married then but had many girls.

After having my test i waited with others for result. Non was smiling, you could tell with the look on their faces. Then i heard my name in one of the counselling rooms. All of a sudden i began to sweat profusely.

After asking me to sit she commenced by saying "young man being hiv positive is not the end of life, afterall, one could live for some more years with it. i mean hiv does not kill automatic".

I almost fainted when she said that. The counseloor asked me to come with my partner so as to test her too. For sometime i was speechless and she was just starring at me hoping i would utter a word.

Then she smiled and said am 'hiv negative'. She advised me to always use protection if i cannot hold body...lol. On hearing that am hiv negative i rushed outside jumping up as i was too excited with the news. I didn't bother to to listen to her advice further. I also did not report back to the doctor that requested to see the result but headed straight home to break the goodnews to my people and anybody that cared to know.

That's my own experience. Now I do the test every 4 months.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Chiccly(f): 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Shortly before my wedding, my now hubby's church requested that we run a comprehensive test which includes HIV and comparability test in the hospital they recommended for us.
On the D-day, my hubby and l went to the hospital and after the test, we were told to come back the next day for the result, na so hypertension wan kill himself, according to the resident doctor and their pastor, my hubby almost ran down their battery every second requesting for the result of the test.
The next day when we finally went to the church, the result was negative and my hubby and l were confirmed AA. You won't believe that my hubby was shedding tears of joy that day.l slept like a baby that day and today, we have our kids to the glory of God. Two boys and a girl.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by flightz(f): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
lepasharon:
Only low IQ people catch stds in this day and age.
I hope you don't get rapeeed by an infected fellow, I hope also that yu don't have accident and get infected by blood from cuts on fellow passenger, I hope your partner whc u are very faithful to doesn't infect you, I hope u don't get infected spiritually, I hope u don't fight and bite the body of ur opponent till blood comes out like a cat etc.. Please keep your judgment and shove it down your throat. And yes I AM AN HEALTH CARE PROVIDER...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
@op, I did it first in JSS.. Doz ppl came to our school and funny thing, guys in higher classes scaled through the fence.. Loooool.. Nothing was said to us after that..
Now, I'm a medical student and I have the kits in my bag. If u wanna do, call on me. The ignorance level in AFrica is the bane to successful management of this pandemic. Forgive al errors, I'm multitasking.............................................................................................................
Pls, if u tested POSITIVE, don't deliberately share it! You are only diggin ur own grave by so doing. You will live normal life if u take ur meds as prescribed and live life to the fullest. .........................
If you are running away from the test, its not in your best interest. Most of our patients wished they knew on time. Again, don't be ignorant. The people I see that die from HIV are people who defaulted at taking there drugs, or people who came in at the very later stage of the infection. May Almighty guide and protect us.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by godwinkessi: 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Asking myself a lot of questions like if it is positive do you know that all your certificates are now waste? I know you may laugh at this but i also start planning on how to share it.

Make me understand
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Mavelshee(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Why should I check.....you don carry am be sae u don carry am, why would I want to be HIV positive and SAD when I can just continue living my life happily in ignorance of my HIVstatus
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Curlygirl(f): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
My first hiv test was like so scary. After the nurse who took my blood sample left I waited and waited looking at the lab door as if it was the gate to heaven. It took her like 30mins to come back. I was so sure of myself that I did not blink sef. She came again and pricked my finger to get another sample. Haa.. I started sweating oh. I asked what was wrong with the previous sample and what I was told was that the result was inconclusive. Chei! I prayed my rosary, our father and every other prayer I knew while waiting for the 2nd one.
After some really long 15 mins she came out with a piece of paper. I refused to collect it. I was already standing, ready to escape. I asked for what was inside it and she said congrats, It is negative. The was so happy I shook hands with the lab official before I left. Thanks be to God sha. grin cool
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Curlygirl(f): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
My first hiv test was like so scary. After the nurse who took my blood sample left I waited and waited looking at the lab door as if it was the gate to heaven. It took her like 30mins to come back. I was so sure of myself that I did not blink sef. She came again and pricked my finger to get another sample. Haa.. I started sweating oh. I asked what was wrong with the previous sample and what I was told was that the result was inconclusive. Chei! I prayed my rosary, our father and every other prayer I knew while waiting for the 2nd one.
After some really long 15 mins she came out with a piece of paper. I refused to collect it. I was already standing, ready to run away. I asked for what was inside it and she said congrats, It is negative. The was so happy I shook hands with the lab official before I left. Thanks be to God sha. grin cool
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by seangy4konji: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
It's not a funny thing.i was feeling very ill for like some weeks and had used different drugs so I was like ok. Maybe it's the HIV thing so I can know where to start.na so the doctor asked me again that what are you doing again,I just gave you new set off drugs yesterday and you never complete them before coming. I did not even answer him. I just entered the lab and said HIV test. The lady looked at me like this guy don do over 10 test in how many weeks. As I do am,I just enter motor about 8 o clock and drank 6 bottles of beer. I entered back drunk and the gave me result I should give doctor. Any one who know the test will know that they usually write non reactive or reactive under the retro viral something.as I Comor,I google na him my google say na HIV plus. I thought non reactive was plus. I just enter doctor office give ask am straight what is the next step and how much will I sty buying drugs with tears in my eyes. Doctor begin deh laugh me say it's negative. I say no joke with me ooo. Na him I begin deh roll for floor enter beer parlor again fire another two. just deh dash money that week deh thank god. Went back after three months and it's same. I happy die cos I don debraja (skin dudu)before then too much. I comport and deh lock up since then.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by DworldsGM: 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
I never got my result after the test maybe because the price of the test was too cheap(N20)

Abi na awoof run my belle so
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by akeensbussy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
I.have never done the HIv test till I got married in 2011. Even at that, I did not do it. It was when my wife wanted to give birth to our first child at General hospital they ran the test for her and she was negetive.

she did another one during my second child still negetive.

so, my conclusion is I am negetive. no symptoms of the virus in my body.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by flightz(f): 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
amiskurie:
I just done mine yesterday,I was relieved.
It wasn't free though because It's a private hospital.
it shld b free
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by akeensbussy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
I.have never done the HIv test till I got married in 2011. Even at that, I did not do it. It was when my wife wanted to give birth to our first child at General hospital they ran the test for her and she was negetive.

she did another one during my second child 2 yrs later still negetive.

so, my conclusion is I am negetive. no symptoms of the virus in my body.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
ikombe:
Shey u don see thief wey talk say im be thief
but na faceless forum nao, e no mean ... Person even fit educate hin fellow victim
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by excellencyabia1: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
godwinkessi:

Make me understand
understand what
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by vislabraye(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
sinaj:
I was very sick when I wnt to d hospital de suggested I run a hiv test.

I wasn't afraid to do it tho coz I knew it wud turn out negative as a gud girl wich I am cool

But when I got to d unit in d teaching hospital they were having a counseling session with those that came for ARV nd HIV positive piple.

I saw many handsome men, pretty ladies, pregnant women, evn old men cry
A cold chill immediately ran down my spine nd I bcame scared immediately, I almost felt like running away frm dere. embarassed

Wen d nurse called me to tell me Itz my turn, I was alredi visibly shaking for reasons I couldn't xplain.cry

For a moment, the doctors thought I was positive alredi[b] coz of how scared [/b]I was.

They had to giv me a moment to pull myself together xo de will b able to draw blood out of my body.

Wen de finally ran d test, d silly Dr hesitated to giv me my result undecided nd I almost started crying lol.

The thoughts dat ran tru my mind at d moment was dat, wot if I had contacted it tru needle, blades or evn from d hair saloon nd didnt knw all along cry

My thought was cut short wen the Dr gave me the result Witat telling me, in less than 2 seconds, my eyes located HIV - nd for d first time I smiled in the office, the Dr evn teased me grin

HIV/ AIDS is real o!

U guyz shud really be careful, if u cnt abstain Condom ain't expensive

Make Konji no kill una tongue

Why fear dey catch you ? Na you know wetin you dey do tongue cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by vislabraye(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Curlygirl:
After some really long 15 mins she came out with a piece of paper. I refused to collect it. I was already standing, ready to escape. I asked for what was inside it and she said congrats, It is negative. The was so happy I shook hands with the lab official before I left. Thanks be to God sha. grin cool

Chai shocked . I been ask whether she dey work for INEC before
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Aleora(f): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yea I do dat every three months#the first time I did the test,it was a horrible experience I was scared to death before the result came out and when it finally did and I saw negative,the word that came out of my mouth was Thank God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Has Been Bleeding For Over Two Months After Family Planning / Ebola Facts!!! / Susan Okpe Released From COVID-19 Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.