Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience (27361 Views)

How A Medical Student Miraculously Escape Contacting H.I.V. / Free H.i.v Test Centres In Lagos / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ikombe: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
WarRLaY:
Everybody claiming Negative, who con get HIV, or let's declare Nigeria HIV free then
Shey u don see thief wey talk say im be thief
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bugzbunny: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
ikombe:
God go make you die before u start sharing it grin
Amen oo
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Taku555:
you have it?

You can't read?
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ikombe: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Michelle55:
its now a normal routine for me... I go for HIV screening every 3months.. so I don't feel scared even during the first time because I know myself.
correct gal grin

oya chop knuckle
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Odunharry(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Not and never scared ..
The first time we were bn counsel by a woman befre going in for the mini interview.
I was asked when last I sex, how many partners, etc etc.
An elderly man and a guy almost killed me with laugh as they were scared and shaking, all waiting for the results..
Was called in and I collected the result saw negative..
The other guy went in and immediately he came out, he shouted "Thank God o, I no get am "

The other man was so scared to open his and asked me to tell him what's it..I smiled and told him he's free from the virus and he said, "Thank you my son " .He even paid for photocopies and was thanking me..

what I notice is alot of people are scared to go for test.. they will tell you it's better they don't know than to know they are positive..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bettercreature(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Michelle55:
its now a normal routine for me... I go for HIV screening every 3months.. so I don't feel scared even during the first time because I know myself.
Liar! They wont do it for you every 3 months,recomended period is every 6 months

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by nwagbunaese(f): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Una won kill me with laf here ooo
ggrin:
Choi bad day crycry...I fainted that day mehn crygringrin.....the docki writing got me shockedshockedshockedshocked sadsadsadsadsad
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Enetim(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
I work in d lab so i do mine alwayz, i rememba a day a man came 4 HIV test wit his personal clipers n d result came out positive he nearly slaped me wen i tel him d result, i av 2 calm him down n he was rantin askin 'wich kind prblm b dis again nah God!. He made me repeat d test usin unigold n strt pack wich all came out positive, but we leta became frnds wen he came again 4 CD4 count

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by dust88: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
I go HIV last early last year, it was to take 3day for result to come out, but after 3days d tin no ready, 5days after eh still never ready, my ppl one week still eh never ready. I come start to suspect say them no knw hw to keep mouth tell fine boy like me say i don connect oooh. Bro after that 1st week i don start to slim down..even to sleep 4 nite wahala. I pursue my GF 1st...if u see me in t 9th day i be like dry fish. Infact d day i went to pick it up on the 11th day i nearly die road b4 i got there ....b4 i open my result to see the score i just d look the DR face, kai. bros à i open am, oooooo boy ! na Négative oooooooooo. Oh boy if u see me tht day i just signal paddy mehn after work make dem come join me joli tht nite, one of my guy come ask me say wetin i dey celebrate, say me wey too tingy come dey buy buy drinks any hw...I tell am say notin say i just wan thank God! Wetin i 4 tell my mama. Kia. Since that day i dey play safest. ... End of story I dey come mak i check my beans for fire

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by nwagbunaese(f): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
i don die for laf oooooooo
abeg i dey fast o, i nor get strength for laf oooooooooooo

WeedSeller:
Lalasticlala 'show nan

grin.. Remembered when i visited my sister,being a nurse she told me they were running a free hiv test in ah hospital clinic..

Naso i wear cloth follow ah + assuring myself i nofit be +hiv-positive..

As i enter hospital,wasint up to 20 mins when i was called in

grin..After the whole test..Was asked to chill til they call me again..

Wasint funny atall,na so memories of Adeola, florence,esther wey i don knack "raw" dey enter my brain..God !
I quickly open my opera mini nd typed symtoms of hiv for google(something wey i know before)..lol

Was later called in,sweats don draw nigeria map for the round neck wey i wear..# Atlast -Negative.. ! grin..
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by alatbaba1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Menh. It was nt funny at all. D first time my babe then called me tht i ve to run some test tht she jst did her own. she refuse 2 tell me d kind of test n d result of d test. She jst say blood test for infections. My mind was running faster than Usain bolt. I summon courage went into a lab n i did d test. D lab attendant was reluctant to show d result, later a police came in wit sumbdy lookin like a pastor. I was looking like a ghost. Checking for an escape door should in case d result was positive n d police wants to arrest me. But all funny wen I discover they came for d same test too. Fast forward to Dec 2015. I was with some friend and colleagues at a sport gathering and there was a free HIV test by the side of the pitch. My friends carried me like a criminal about 6 of them to d stand where the test was been conducted it was funny and embarrassing tho but no offense n d test was taken. The lady that took d blood was jst laughing at the manner in which my friend brought me to her. We jst joked about it. We exchanged contact details and d rest is story now. Bleeping cont. But it's either condom or no bleeping.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by AbbeySOM: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have never wanted to do even though I have had freelance testers persuading me. in short, I did mine unexpectedly. it happened that my sister needed blood urgently all our blood (me n my siblings) had to be checked if its in abundance before the HIV test could be carried out. To God be the glory, the doctor said my blood is low and that I should take more blood tonic. Suddenly, she said "Abi I should help you people check your HIV status"? I felt like who send you, Ehn? Nevertheless, she went in to check and I was praying she never come out again. Then about 5minute she came and said "its all clear"... Then I thanked God I eventually did the said test. Am clean oooooooo
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Lilimax(f): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
I've done it like four times.
No issue smiley
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by SirLegal(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Last time I did a HIV test was 2011 when I entered school newly. As a fresher, you got to go through the necessary medical check ups. Prior to that I had a fling with a crush of mine. Though not skin to skin but others inclusive.

Make Doctor give me my medical result, the man started preaching to me. I have never been that scared in my entire life. I had cold feet instantly. Maybe it was +ve I said to myself and he is trying to make me strong and not to harm myself. After about 6mins of preaching, he gave me the results and voila it was - ve. Since then, I stopped FLINGS. cool
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Chicagoesontop: 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mrcapability7:
I just frozen looking at the doctor like mumu to give me death sentence

I was afraid to do it when my family members asked me to Donate blood to my dad who was hospitalized and needed blood then, i refused and confessed to them and gave excuse that i have been smoking weed and cigarette and too much alcohol is in my blood so i can't go for a test and donate any blood, i feared it would be positive because girls wey i don do without protection that time plenty pass catholic church members, after much persuasion i did it and it was negative .. But in all we just need to pray, hope and trust in GOD to protect us, i know this guy who doesn't do anything without condom, he had his own clipper, he will hate you if you sex a woman without condom, eventually he died by accident and 2 condoms were found in his wallet where a vehicle crushed him on a highway. he fears HIV but NO BE HIV later KILL AM !!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by stephnie44(f): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
So no positive nairalander here?so which ppl come dey 4 d hiv statistics we always see.there is God o

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Chicagoesontop: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mrcapability7:

I was afraid to do it when my family members asked me to Donate blood to my dad who was hospitalized and needed blood then, i refused and confessed to them and gave excuse that i have been smoking weed and cigarette and too much alcohol is in my blood so i can't go for a test and donate any blood, i feared it would be positive because girls wey i don do without protection that time plenty pass catholic church members, after much persuasion i did it and it was negative .. But in all we just need to pray, hope and trust in GOD to protect us, i know this guy who doesn't do anything without condom, he had his own clipper, he will hate you if you sex a woman without condom, eventually he died by accident and 2 condoms were found in his wallet where a vehicle crushed him on a highway. he fears HIV but NO BE HIV later KILL AM !!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by feaworaoja007: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
I skinned dived one chick like that by mistake o! Only for me to staart hearing months l8r that she's too promiscious!
Some niggaz even caught the clap from here and they tesitifed!
Next days was public hols,plus fridays,saturday and sunday! Didnt av money to run any test, started taking anti biotics first for incase there was a clap or something!
If you check my browsing history on my foone;u"ll tink maybe i was HIV already! Cos all i browsed about was HIV dis HIV dt!
Anywaz,got to the hosppital after public hols, told doctor i wanted to check all those kain blood group,genotype etc,plus any stds...held on, on the hiv part,didnt want her to know that was the main reason for the test sef!
She was like why am i running stds,i was like,i skin dived! She was like,yea,but do u av any symptons,i saiidno,she was like ok;no need cos stds are no longer rampant!i told her i wanted to run it anywaz...
She recommended some tests,bout 3 or so,said it was quite expensive,dt ssince i didnt av any symptons,why m i wasting money!
I was like,dont worii;i"ll pay,and pls put the HIV test tooo...finally,i av told her!
Had 2 wait for 3days,and dts was now when everytin that was trending was stds and aids! Dt was wen the topic of a girl givn a guy gonorhea and him shaaring the girls fone number and pix on social network,nonly for a guy 2 request for her 2nd number and call gonoo just common!
Tru out that period,i was humble!
Till the d-day,hmmmmmmmm, i was workn like a zombie tru out!
Got to the hosppital, the wait was like eternity,till they called my name!
The nurse was like are you Mr.A...i said yes,she said;let me see an identification...(Spiritually i don faint)
I managed to show my driving license,she gave me...na walk run i de do as i de coomot,de scan the wholle sheet @ the same time,till i saw "no sign of virus or something like that"....
Omoh,na run i take comot,got the office,drop my bag,sneak out to the bar!
Thats where i started calming myself down...
Thanking God and promisiing neva 2 skin dive again!
I"ll rada die of conjy!
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by herboshedhe(f): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
I did mine recently last year december because I needed result to proceed to another stage while on admission@the hospital,it wasn't funny@all,the nurse on duty kept on counselling me if the result eventually turned out to be +ve,but I was just praying within me it had better be -ve o,reason being that my mum. Went with me there,and she was even more scared than myself,I then kept wondering,if it now happens to be +ve nko,this woman fit kill me for t
here ooooo...thank God,the nurse said,'arabinrin,o le maa lo l'alafia....#teamhivnegative

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Emmieakon1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yep... So many times, cos my skul demand 4 ur medicals upon every break nd long vacation.. So I do mine twice in a year.. so its notin again, jst lyk evry oda test
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
It was nothing.
No skeletons in my cupboard tongue
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by herald9: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wasn't scared a bit. Did mine at the Uniuyo medical Centre.

As they gave me the result those student I sat with were giraffing to have a glimpse.

I just 'mistakenly' dropped it for them to feed their eyes tongue
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by madjune(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
The worst place to do HIV test is at Luth, yaba right.

First of all, after drawing your blood; you would be asked to come back in 8days time.

Through this time, you're tormented by stress and worries.

On result collection date, they will place the result yellow cards on a table.
Lots of them...And ask u to find your own.

Now, this is the real torment.

As you search through, you keep coming across names that look like your and of course with POSITIVE on them.

Your BP would have been raised before you find your own.

The worst is asking the nurse or staff there to help u find your own as dem go quickly dash you one positive man name wey sound like yours.

I almost fainted the last time I had it there. 2007.

Don't know if it's still the same.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Out of guilty conscience.
Mrcapability7:
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by meemeetruth(f): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
My bf n I were headin towards our skool gate wen we saw a que of pple. For free hiv test dey were givin free packs of condoms,we laffd n I jokinly said let's also do it since we need condoms while on the que I knw we both had high pulse rate den I turned back to him and said if I com out positive its u o he laffd n said d same to me it finally got to my turn I sighed went in did d test was given a numba I had to wait 30mins for d results same wit him.wen d results came I was called insyd d yeye doctor said "no matter wot ur resulkts say it doesn't change anytin"immediately I started sweatin profuselly could it mean I had HIV I said to myself no mayb der was a transposition of numbas I swear I didn't hear all oda tins he said until he checked and said congratulations your HIV negative buh dat doesn't mean u can't or don't av dvirus u should check bak in 3months bla bla bla d most important was dat I was negative I collected my condoms I used it to celebrate our bein negative wit my bf grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Y must u fear? Desist
herboshedhe:
I did mine recently last year december because I needed result to proceed to another stage while on admission@the hospital,it wasn't funny@all,the nurse on duty kept on counselling me if the result eventually turned out to be +ve,but I was just praying within me it had better be -ve o,reason being that my mum. Went with me there,and she was even more scared than myself,I then kept wondering,if it now happens to be +ve nko,this woman fit kill me for t
here ooooo...thank God,the nurse said,'arabinrin,o le maa lo l'alafia....#teamhivnegative
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Exponental(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Pre marriage requirement: I was scared. in fact, I fast dat day join. I begin remember all my past sins n where I might have been careless.
I laughed last.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by joey150(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yeap after skin diving...was negative sha after much deliberation to do or not to do..
But my heart goes out to those with it..i feel for them.but comfort yourself with the idea dat there are people who are worse off.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by DammyOlu123(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Honestly, I was scared AF, when I did the test. About a year before the test, I had done a bad thing, without using my usually sound discretion. A friend of mine told me where I could do the test. It took me about 3 weeks to gather the strength to go.

I enter the office and I see a couple seated, and a nurse working at a computer station. I approach the nurse, and because I'm a medical student, I'm wearing a ward coat. She thinks I'm a doctor and asks, in a concerned tone if I had a needle stick injury. I said no, and resist the urge to tell her what I did was much more stupid than that...

Since I know the theory of the test, she tells me to do the thing myself. When she sees I'm just looking like a tuber of yam, she takes it from me. One quick prick, and I'm watching the rapid test kit, as the liquid rises on the special paper. Right there, my life flashes in front of me. I start to picture the worst-case scenario. I can't even cry. The couple were busy looking dejected, so that didn't help things at all.

After staring hard at the thing for like 5 minutes, the nurse comes over and says, 'sho wa le to yen ni?' (is it that bad?). 'the result interpretation is there na'. I was in so much shock, I couldn't interpret the thing for like 30 seconds. When I finally realize I'll be fine, I almost collapse. I'm absent-minded as she asks for my details.

The most important thing I learnt from the whole experience is:
1) don't do anything risky, just because you're hörny.
2) even if it was positive, it wouldn't have been the end of the world. There is treatment, to ensure you live as normal a life as possible.
3) you never know, so don't discriminate. There are a lot of people who didn't have any choice. (infants infected by their mums, rape victims, blood transfusion screening failure, etc. The list is long)

I walked out of that room a changed individual.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by firstking01(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
I was hospitalized for malaria...the doctor come to do me test, insitead of dis man to do me malaria test, e combine am wit HIV testsad...e con tel me say he do me HIV test too, my mind fiam fly to the third heavens embarassed..e con tell me say maka no fear, say i be HIV negativecheesy
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by mudiana(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
my people no b small thing, if I remember dat day I did dat test,it takes me bk to dat wonderful day.I almost died before result came out cos of d skin to skin I did.when I saw negative, I laid on d ground of d lab to thank my God and promised God I ll never have sex again...my broda I pray oh! to keep dat promise no easy o.but I am careful now nd I sure do hv one partner.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by lepasharon(f): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Only low IQ people catch stds in this day and age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Italy Worst Hit In Europe As New Cases Emerge / Help! My Wife Has Been Bleeding For Over Two Months After Family Planning / Ebola Facts!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.