Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (61308 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by domopps(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmmmm..... That was a dope !

Proud to be from Ibadan

Cheeeeeers
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Toosure70: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
I will believe when I see brown roofs

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by godoluwa(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Descartes:

This is it. The main Ibadan city not the computer-generated images from Op
pix taken at layipo. iwo ti mo ibadan pelu layipo
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by customised87: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lies...i can see picture of my Senate building at LAUTECH among the pictures..
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Mopolchi: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
These pictures from op are taken from Australia and other places other than Nigeria. Until I see brown roofs, adonbilivit.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by godoluwa(m): 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
jerrysayo:
Where's Beere, Opo, ayeye, inalende. Etc
oje, ode aje, molete, eleta, oke dada etc
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
LIES.. This is just 2% of the city.
I know ibadan city, it is an unorganised, roudy, dusty and dirty with heavy rusted brown roof all over the city..
The APC governor there is a big fraud.
I agree with u dat Ibadan is rough, disorganized & sparsely scattered
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
This city is perhaps the most relegated in terms of appeal and hype...

With the right persons it could Rival Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by ALARAPE22(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
I am proud to be Ibadan indigene.....

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by mrjojo: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ibadan is not as bad as that oo, this one everyone is screaming "red roof". Just started my service here, and it a cool, cheap and peaceful city.. And some places are really developed, the road network is also ok too... And people shouldn't expect the red roofs to just disappear overnite, it a historical city afterall

6 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wristbangle: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
LIES.. This is just 2% of the city.
I know ibadan city, it is an unorganised, roudy, dusty and dirty with heavy rusted brown roof all over the city..
The APC governor there is a big fraud.

U are very wrong bro. If u take a work around Ibadan city, u will know it's not bad at all and those places with ancient building have been in existence even before some states were named.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Blizzle(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nope that's the Senate Building in LAUTECH, Ogbomoso. Theres no building like that in Ibadan.

LilSmith55:

That's a lie, that Round Shaped Stucture is Located in Iwo Road...

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by drrid(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
where is NTA ibadan where is UI where is olubadan palace where is mapo hall where arisekola mosque where is cocoa dome Op u try but stop posting poultries and restaurant
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by playboy19(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Descartes:

This is it. The Ibadan you know.
Eko oni baje

Now let me address you people's ignorance once a for all. First off, i'm not an indigence of ibadan but, i own properties all over the city.

It is always surprising to see how ignorant you guys are about ibadan and worse off, is the fact that you pride yourselves in it. One will believe that if you are ignorant about a subject, the best thing will be to seek knowledge, but thats not the case with you dolts. You always think you're poking fun at ibadan but what you are really doing is, telling the whole world that you're an idiiot.

The brown/red roof part you always point to as ibadan is actually the core ancient part of ibadan city which is what some people call their home town/rural home/village whichever you choose to use. Now next time before you make fun of this part of Ibadan, please do us all a favor by first posting what your village look like and compare it to that part of ibadan and let's see who turn out to be a joke in the end.

Majority of you cant even go back to your villages, let alone sleep in all those mud houses they are made of. What am i even saying? Are there pliable roads to your villages? Before any of you quote me, make sure you're quoting this post with the picture proof of your village or forever hold your peace.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheesy wink Apata market nko
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
mrjojo:
And people shouldn't expect the red roofs to just disappear overnite, it a historical city after.

Seriously Red Roofs keep me off a place, forever reminds me of petulant backwardness and poverty....BUT Ibadan's has a rustic Colonial Charm..Not getting sentimental but a part of me still prefers Ibadan to remain like I'd read about in History books just like you'd want Rome to have the Colosseum instead of 3 skyscrapers thereof.

perhaps the indigenes should just adopt one colour of modern zinc/stone/asbetos like Torino, Florence or Naples.

Here in enugu (where I visit most often) most residents complaine when colonial structures get modern makeovers....which often destroys their apeal.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Descartes: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
playboy19:

Now let me address you people's ignorance once a for all. First off, i'm not an indigence of ibadan but, i own properties all over the city.

It is always surprising to see how ignorant you guys are about ibadan and worse off, is the fact that you pride yourselves in it. One will believe that if you are ignorant about a subject, the best thing will be to seek knowledge, but thats not the case with you dolts. You always think you're poking fun at ibadan but what you are really doing is, telling the whole world that you're an idiiot.

The brown/red roof part you always point to as ibadan is actually the core ancient part of ibadan city which is what some people call their home town/rural home/village whichever you choose to use. Now next time before you make fun of this part of Ibadan, please do us all a favor by first posting what your village look like and compare it to that part of ibadan and let's see who turn out to be a joke in the end.

Majority of you cant even go back to your villages, let alone sleep in all those mud houses they are made of. What am i even saying? Are there pliable roads to your villages? Before any of you quote me, make sure you're quoting this post with the picture proof of your village or forever hold your peace.

Do you want me to rubbish this your meaningless conjectures with brown roofs?

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by airmark(m): 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Descartes:

This is it. The main Ibadan city not the computer-generated images from Op

Because we have those houses with red zincs, does that take away the beauty of other places in the city? Because we have ghettos like ajegunle in lagos, does that mean a place like banana island is not in the same city? Below is phyno in enugu, i hope you can see the background.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by koolsnoop2(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
wow! I'll like to serve in this state o
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by playboy19(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Descartes:

Do you want me to rubbish this your meaningless conjectures with brown roofs?

You wouldn't need my permission if you have anything 'meaningful' to say, would ya?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by emi14: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice if this is Ibadan. But what about the airport.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Olufimo1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
I know some places dere like, Ventura along sango road, Secretariat garden, most of houses are in kolapo ishola estate, and I can spot out koko house etc
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Olufimo1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
I know some places dere like, Ventura along sango road, Secretariat garden, most of houses are in kolapo ishola estate, and I can spot out koko house etc d big sign board is at Iwo road
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Generalkorex(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ibadan don make sense o.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by adioolayi(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
icon8:

I know for a fact that the round-shaped structure in one of the pictures is the Senate Building in LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Cc: Aigbofa

Didn't see that before... you are right shocked
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by uracocksucker: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
McLove:
Political sentiments apart. Ah be confirm IBADAN indigene. Ib city is not as bad as you people paint it. But op, some of the pictures here are not IB city. If you want to prove me wrong, tell us the location of each picture.
Thank you
Omo ale ti o n fi owo osi juwe ile baba e ! cocksucking self-servicer. if you had said not all of Ibadan looks like that you will have a point. However, you unashamedly bared ur ignorance for all. P.S i am nt from Ibadan but having spent the last Christmas in Ibadan, i actually recognize most of those places

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by ojuolu(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
PrinceAlex001:
You guys are missing out something; Ibadan is tagged a city of Rust and Gold. The rusty parts of Ibadan comprises of the ancient CBDs like Beere, Oje, yemetu, Idi arere, Oja oba, Oke Agala, Oke sapati and Oke aremo. Colonization started in the southwest in these aforementioned areas. They were the happening place then during the pre-colonial era.
The Golden areas are the newly developed peri urban areas that started spouting out around 1970's and they include: Total Garden , UCH, Mokola, Dugbe, Agodi, secretariat, Awolowo, Sango, Eleyele, Bodija, Iwo road, Ojoo, Akobo, Moniya, Ring road, Molete, Challenge, Sanyo and so on.
Presently, alot of gentrification is going on in the rusty part and i foresee a gradual renewal of those places. Ibadan is a very lovely place to live and work; the cost of living is cheap, transportation is cheap, food is cheap, the environment is getting cleaner gradually forget the past dirty outlook of ibadan. I miss that city; a city where you can be living in Ojoo and working in Apata and you will never get late to work even if you wake by 6am. I dare not do that in Lag, i dey stay Ketu working at VI and i still wake by 4:30am in other to beat traffic.
I heard some telecommunication company have shifted base to IB, i know gradually other companies will have a rethink, Lagos is congested.... I miss my IB.
I lived in Ibadan for six years from 2008 January to 2013 December and i can testify to everything you wrote above. It was so comfortable that I have made it my home. I am establishing my family business in Ibadan. I have my home in Ibadan. It is a city gradually experiencing the eagle type of transformation. The old happening places include Molete, Oke padi, Dugbe Alawo etc. Old houses in these places are being sold, pull down and rebuild. I can wait to go back home after all these hustling.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by ibadanfinest(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Op Why not post area view of UCH, if ibadan no get anything, am sure we have the best and most beautiful teaching hospital in Nigeria.

Haters can hate but I don't think any state outside Abuja, Lagos and maybe Rivers has a building of 27 storey building.

Op why u no put cocoa house nah.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Luukasz(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lagos state is the cynosure of all eye while other states are neglected Oyo is an example it has the largest city in Nigeria and west africa when we talk of mineral resources Oyo has Gold,Marble,Bauxite and lots more but lagos has overshadowed all the other states.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by amdo007(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
PrinceAlex001:
You guys are missing out something; Ibadan is tagged a city of Rust and Gold. The rusty parts of Ibadan comprises of the ancient CBDs like Beere, Oje, yemetu, Idi arere, Oja oba, Oke Agala, Oke sapati and Oke aremo. Colonization started in the southwest in these aforementioned areas. They were the happening place then during the pre-colonial era.
The Golden areas are the newly developed peri urban areas that started spouting out around 1970's and they include: Total Garden , UCH, Mokola, Dugbe, Agodi, secretariat, Awolowo, Sango, Eleyele, Bodija, Iwo road, Ojoo, Akobo, Moniya, Ring road, Molete, Challenge, Sanyo and so on.
Presently, alot of gentrification is going on in the rusty part and i foresee a gradual renewal of those places. Ibadan is a very lovely place to live and work; the cost of living is cheap, transportation is cheap, food is cheap, the environment is getting cleaner gradually forget the past dirty outlook of ibadan. I miss that city; a city where you can be living in Ojoo and working in Apata and you will never get late to work even if you wake by 6am. I dare not do that in Lag, i dey stay Ketu working at VI and i still wake by 4:30am in other to beat traffic.
I heard some telecommunication company have shifted base to IB, i know gradually other companies will have a rethink, Lagos is congested.... I miss my IB.
God bless you Jare. Even people who's villages can't be found on Google map will come here to sprout rubbish about Ibadan. Who is begging them to come? Am tired of this distasteful attitude of Nigerians.......

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Wolexdey(m): 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lies..Lies...Fraud & Lies...

Oh! am so disappointed at all this useless antics by this state government. This governor are mostly a bigger problem to this Nation.

Am sure of something, GOD will judge us all.

Most of those areas are mostly as dirty like they use to be. Moreover is this what governance is about. For over 7 months after election, your governor still sleeping instead of him to get to work....
Shey Noah picture people go eat? Workers salary he no pay

All we keep seeing are pictures and useless jingles everywhere....GOD will judge all this people. They don't feel the pain of the masses....

Please, enough of this cheap means of popularity....Ibadan people knows the truth...Governor my yansh!
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Dbisector(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
This poster funny sha, some of this pix don pass Ibadan level na, I live in Ibadan and I know what am saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Danfo Bus That Has TV Inside (Photos) / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.