Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,880 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66869 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by prinzey: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
please What are the chances for someone to avoid teaching nd serve in company. I Rep batch A 2016
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Walexz02(m): 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
prinzey:
please What are the chances for someone to avoid teaching nd serve in company. I Rep batch A 2016
It all depends on the state and where your ppa is located
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
queenfav:
For those that want a place that's very peaceful,close to zero crime rate,low cost of living(cheap accomodation and food),choose ekiti.Though their NYSC officials are from hell (very strict),its a place you will enjoy.It can get boring if you are not in the state capital.You can buy a small tv and gotv to kill time.I even stayed back to start practising there.Forget about state allowance,we got only 20k out of 50k (5k monthly) we were meant to be paid upon passing out. Errrm,If you are a lawyer posted to ekiti,please flee from ministry of justice ado ekiti.3 past batches including mine were not paid a dime,neither were we given accomodation!You can remain to add it to your cv,but please get a paying firm you can practise with on the side.Its better to runs your PPA posting to the high court ado ekiti, or some firms.The high court provides free accomodation and 10k stipend monthly.
Also,never wear your khaki to market,that's equal to shooting yourself in the leg.The market women have this impression that corpers are wealthy (on top 19800 abi?lol).They dealt with me on 2 occasions till I was told about their habit of increasing the prices of their wares when selling to corpers.Don't even tell them you are a corper.If you can,please go with some household utensils,those are a bit expensive in oja oba market.In all,ekiti is not a bad place to serve.

Thanks for this nioce words about Ekiti State
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by AngelJennifer: 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
Please how about Jos. Contemplating on choosing there. It is my place of birth but don't know how the place is now.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by MegaBoolean(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
I intend to choose 0yo, Akwa-Ibom and Niger state for NYSC prefered state. Need info abt NIGER state. Am frm Ondo State, schooled at Lagos and Ogun. Thanks
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Dudecollins(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
During the online registration, do u think NYSC ask for states you av visited b4 simply cos they would nt want the system to post u to dos state or cos they actually want the system to post u to one of dos states u are familiar with? Let's deliberate on this pls.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by winta2007(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
What abt Nassarawa?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by femdelak(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
Dudecollins:
During the online registration, do u think NYSC ask for states you av visited b4 simply cos they would nt want the system to post u to dos state or cos they actually want the system to post u to one of dos states u are familiar with? Let's deliberate on this pls.

This is a very important question o. Past corpers, please share your experience about this o.
What is the main purpose of NYSC in the registration form, asking about states you have visited ?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by elrony(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
bastian5050:
I had crazy fun man.fresh palm wine and funny peeps

lol.... nice...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joeybillz(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
xpac01:

you need to choose three states from the four different regions of north, south, east or west. So having Akwibm and Enug all from south wont work.
nt tru...ure nt 2 choose 2 states frm same geo political zone,awka ibom-s s,enugu-S E..so ure left to choose frm SW,North east,North cental nd North west
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Dudecollins(m): 6:52am On Feb 13, 2016
I'm a 2016 batch A PCM. After being deployed to a state, how feasible is my redeployment to my state of origin?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Enug. Akwaibom and Lagos..... kiss wink cool
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
The six geopolitical zones in NIGERIA. . . 1. North Central States: Kogi, Niger, Benue, Kwara, Plateau, Nassarawa and the Federal Capital Territory.
2. North-Eastern States: Taraba, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Gombe and Yobe State.
3. North-Western States: Kaduna, Kebbi, Zamfara, Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina State.
4. South-Eastern States: Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Abia and Anambra State.
5. South-Southern States: Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Edo, Cross River, Rivers and Delta State.
6. South-Western States: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, Ondo and Osun State.

stop giving wrong infos.... u can choose 1 state of d . geopolitical zones...
#Enugu #Akwaibom #Lagos.... based in lago
s tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Dudecollins(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
A friend of mine made a mistake while registering. She filled the name of the secondary school she finished from instead of the one that bears her SSCE result. What's d implication & wat can she do pls?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by rosalieene(f): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
phemolala07:
Dnt just choose kwara state pls.am a batch A corper in kwara state so I knw Wat am talking about.tanks
lol..... how's kwara state. what's wrong with kwara. according to d unauthorized callup letter, I was posted there
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by chimajii: 7:28am On Feb 28, 2016
whizqueen:
Anything that spells Benue please flee from it.

The environment is very dusty and sunny. No state allawee, poor business environment. I even wonder why they call the state food basket of the nation The only thing I see here is plenty of yams and oranges. undecided I never liked yam my whole life so to me there's no food here.

Will you believe it if I tell you my PPA Doesn't have light? I mean electricity has not gotten to that area embarassed no hygiene water, no proper toilet facilities. our toilet gat no roof angry the road is not even as nice as what we call "Bush paths" from where I come.

Unless you're posted to Makurdi, the state capital you can never enjoy benue state. IMO

Lmao @ why it is called the food Basket... Hahahaah cheesy only thing I see is Yams and oranges bwahahah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
diabolical as in jazz?

I no serve again
Which place no get jazz?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 29, 2016
Misskaycee21:
Enug. Akwaibom and Lagos..... kiss wink cool

Nice combo smiley

Close to mine, Lagos the exception

And I wouldn't mind being posted to Enugu or Awka-ibom...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 29, 2016
I need info about Kano state...

Thanks
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
Haven't seen anything about Kano state
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by amicableSavage: 7:14am On Mar 04, 2016
Pls, what's to know about Edo state?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by klassd(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
AngelJennifer:
Please how about Jos. Contemplating on choosing there. It is my place of birth but don't know how the place is now.
Jos is still fine, my place of birth as well, still resident here.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Taeewo(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2016
Ogun is cool
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ussy09(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ogun, Ibadan and Nassarawa any advice pls
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ninodaniel(m): 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
from wt I don read here all d states wey I choose no get good comments except delta. I chose Benue Ogun Kaduna and Delta. I just dey look God now cos I no get joy again.

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Walexz02(m): 8:04am On Mar 13, 2016
ninodaniel:
from wt I don read here all d states wey I choose no get good comments except delta. I chose Benue Ogun Kaduna and Delta. I just dey look God now cos I no get joy again.
Easy easy bro. That's their own experience, you have yours to narrate too
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by destino24(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
I don read through the thread top to bottom, nothing much about Lagos.

Abeg, somebody should say something about Lagos.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Goldenboy842(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Please what about Abia n Oyo
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2016
[/quote]
kizolo:

You are a bloody liar. Enugu is one of the cheapest places in Nigeria, where do u pay N200? No direct bus to any place in Enugu would collect N200 from u. Please learn how to appreciate good places in ur life.
[quote author=kizolo post=41768466]
You are a bloody liar. Enugu is one of the cheapest places in Nigeria, where do u pay N200? No direct bus to any place in Enugu would collect N200 from u. Please learn how to appreciate good places in ur life.
kizolo:

Thank you. I was shocked myself. Enugu is d cheapest city when I comes to transportation. Uptill this very moment, u can still get bus for #20naira. Madam get u facts straight biko.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 21, 2016
[/quote]
kizolo:

kizolo post=41768466:

kizolo:

Thank you. I was shocked myself. Enugu is d cheapest city when I comes to transportation. Uptill this very moment, u can still get bus for #20naira. Madam get u facts straight biko.
kizolo:

kizolo post=41768466:

kizolo:

kizolo:

[quote author=kizolo post=41768466]
kizolo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers / Male Corper Batters Female Corper In Abia, Removes Her Teeth With Hammer (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.