Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66761 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
Nnamdi Azikiwe university...Am from Abia state

Thank you. I am considering Enugu, akwa ibom/ port Harcourt and Lagos too...Futo

You are even my sister. . .smiles
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by missingrib(f): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
1stolax:

You're welcome dear

Just work more on your English wink Thank me later.
I too know is really disturbing you....in your mind now your feeling yourself...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

Thank you. I am considering Enugu, akwa ibom/ port Harcourt and Lagos too...Futo

You are even my sister. . .smiles
wow dts nice. Happy new year bros
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by missingrib(f): 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
munex007:
True..

how much is kaduna state allawee?

I guess N2500 but that will be given to you after your service year and it also depend if your working for the state government.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Omobolaji20(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Thank you All.
U v all make it fun from page zero.
Lemme chip in somtins.
Before u choose a state, u shld knw that u cant choose ur state of origin nd state whr u graduated from. U av d privilege to choose JUst ONe state in 3 zones. Not two in a particular zone.
i think from what v read here so far, Akwa Ibom is a good hit.

So here are my choices... NIGER, Akwa Ibom and lastly ONDO.

how far is AKWA IBOM From Lagos and from Ilorin.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
elfibar:

Serving in Oyo State isn't bad at all, relatively peaceful ... Cost of living ain't high... Affordable accommodation throughout the state, even though virtually all PPAs in Oyo State do provide accommodation.... They respect corpers so much in Oyo State.. Always wanting to help you and giving you special treatment..... Generally Oyo State is a nice place to serve...

How about their pay
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
wow dts nice. Happy new year bros

I wish you the best and a Blissful day too.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Jilo83(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
munex007:
how much is sokoto alwawee?
when I served in 2009/2010 it was #4000))
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by phemolala07(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
lokoloko84:
Why please?
Bro d story long
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by talk2dayland: 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
What's the cost of living like in enugu and is accommodation affordable in a suitation where there is no corpers quarters.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by lokoloko84(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
phemolala07:

Bro d story long
Alright.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by gracile(f): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Please i need info on nassarawa st. Do they pay corpers?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by avuekwe(f): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
Darey00:
Im a graduate hoping to serve in either of Akwa Ibom or Enugu..dunno what to put as 3rd choice.. I just want to chime in something here.. Ogun state is cool. I know this cos i live there.. Agbado to be presice,although the place i live is on the border with Lagos so we enjoy priviledges not uniform with the state. For instance we are under the Ikeja Electricity distribution company. This means we get to have at leat 10-13hrs of light daily. Moreso,there is welfare for the crps members. When i was in secondary school corpers posted to my school were given a corpers lodge. Standard of living is not high and transport system is efficient. Ogun state got cool places like Otta,Ilaro and Sagamu.. However,the people saying Abeokuta is a dead place are not entirely wrong. I know this cos i schooled there for 4 years. The place doesnt compare favourably with Ibadan or Akure.. Sometimes i wonder how it got to be the state capital. The bridges and roads you see there are all post 2013,very bad transport system.and the locals are sometimes rude. The electricity situation is nothing to write home about as you only get 3-4hrs max of light daily,and that is not even regular.To cap it all up Abeokuta has little or no major employment oppotunities. You will tire seaching for firms to work for there. I have about 5 people who are indigenes having to leave the place to work elsewhere in the state.
So,in conclusion,Ogun state is the next best thing after Lagos in the South West (to me oo).. But Abeokuta is a no no

dear, which part of agbado? I stay at abule oko and you forgot to mention the dust. due to massive road construction going on, the roads are all dusty in the dry season and muddy in the rainy season. no coys or infrastructure even basic amenities here in agbado, ifo LGA except private schools.

and lest I forget, don't choose kwara state lest you be posted to baruten LGA. my sis currently serves there and she can't wait to get out.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

I wish you the best and a Blissful day too.
thanks
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
thanks

You're welcome.
If you don't mind I would like to converse with you on Whatsapp pertaining to this NYSC.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

You're welcome.
If you don't mind I would like to converse with you on Whatsapp pertaining to this NYSC.
no wahala
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
no wahala

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

You're welcome.

Sharp Nigga grin
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by bastian5050(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
itstpia8:

Where is the place and why are people warned to stay away?
It's in Abak lga in Akwa ibom.The people are unfriendly and barbaric.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by itstpia8: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hm, thats scary to hear.

Hope Jesus Christ can touch them if true.

can give them the benefit of the doubt but not at my own expense.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by myke92(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
Nnamdi Azikiwe university...Am from Abia state

vicky hav u done ur cleranace nd do u know if ur dept has forwarded names to d student affairs.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
joe4christ:

Sharp Nigga grin

Naija, una too get corrupt mind oo
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mommysgirl(f): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Shehucom:

Na so.... Omo mummy
Lool Na me be that oo
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

will remove it soon.
remove it
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 3:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
remove it

Daalu
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
myke92:

vicky hav u done ur cleranace nd do u know if ur dept has forwarded names to d student affairs...am also frm UNIZIK buh i haven't done clerance yet.
am nt through yet bt am done with departmental clearance

bt did u submit ur Jamb slip to NYSC OFFICE IN ADMIN BLOCK for NYSC MobilizationThey pasted a notice sometime last month at block B student affairs unit
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by islandmoon: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
mommysgirl:

D most boring place in the world

for real?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mommysgirl(f): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
islandmoon:

for real?
Yes
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Basitoh101: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:
Honestly, don't choose Jigawa. If you have plans for your life after NYSC, flee choosing the state. Dusty...Hausa to the core....flies....abegi...itz not worth it. Plus 99% 1% Muslim-Christian ratio in favour of the former. Above all, its too far. You must get to Kano before you see anything recent...even bus back to your state!

Nice words
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by myke92(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
am nt through yet bt am done with departmental clearance

bt did u submit ur Jamb slip to NYSC OFFICE IN ADMIN BLOCK for NYSC MobilizationThey pasted a notice sometime last month at block B student affairs unit

i haven't submitted yet, i got d info late...do u hav idea hw long it would take to complete clearance?
i will be going to schl pretty soon to commence.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
myke92:

i haven't submitted yet, i got d info late...do u hav idea hw long it would take to complete clearance?
i will be going to schl pretty soon to commence.
maximum of three weeks. minimum of two...bt u need to submit dt stuff oooo so try and b in sch nxt week atleast for the submission
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Richiy:
Someborri should talk about Oyo state o
Oyo state is a cool place to serve, standard of living isn't hight at all...transportation is cheap too, and we oyo indigenes are nice...just dat we enjoy abusing pple.. #smiles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.