Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66743 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2016
For corpers ogun z nonsense state doesnt pay and if u r used to living in good places liie ph or lag den ud hate it...dust evrywer...local pple n no gud paying jobs..agbara mite b good i dunno..buh id run away frm ogun if i could
Fraih:

Ogun, Delta and Niger

Alright, Thanks smiley

We still have the likes of Sango, Agbara, Sagamu.... are those places dead too?

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2016
Ur parents are the son and daughter of dogs and seeing how vulgar u r i can see ur a dog as well...i bet ur parents behave like u too..family of dogs
Omotaday:
Fraih, dont mind this son of a b,itch. Ogun is a cool place. Abeokuta, sagamu, ijebu ode, ilaro etc every is cool.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Darey00(m): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Im a graduate hoping to serve in either of Akwa Ibom or Enugu..dunno what to put as 3rd choice.. I just want to chime in something here.. Ogun state is cool. I know this cos i live there.. Agbado to be presice,although the place i live is on the border with Lagos so we enjoy priviledges not uniform with the state. For instance we are under the Ikeja Electricity distribution company. This means we get to have at leat 10-13hrs of light daily. Moreso,there is welfare for the crps members. When i was in secondary school corpers posted to my school were given a corpers lodge. Standard of living is not high and transport system is efficient. Ogun state got cool places like Otta,Ilaro and Sagamu.. However,the people saying Abeokuta is a dead place are not entirely wrong. I know this cos i schooled there for 4 years. The place doesnt compare favourably with Ibadan or Akure.. Sometimes i wonder how it got to be the state capital. The bridges and roads you see there are all post 2013,very bad transport system.and the locals are sometimes rude. The electricity situation is nothing to write home about as you only get 3-4hrs max of light daily,and that is not even regular.To cap it all up Abeokuta has little or no major employment oppotunities. You will tire seaching for firms to work for there. I have about 5 people who are indigenes having to leave the place to work elsewhere in the state.
So,in conclusion,Ogun state is the next best thing after Lagos in the South West (to me oo).. But Abeokuta is a no no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by lokoloko84(m): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2016
louismane:
Ur fada and mother that brought u to dis world are dummies..proof is d dumb Bleep dat dey gave birth to dat insults me ova my own experience in ogun...ur fada muda dumbfucks
Stop ranting like a spoilt child. Are you even a graduate? You cannot reason well and a dishonest being like you is unfit in a civilized clime.
What kind of experience do you have in Ogun state?
You this bigot.Where do you stay in Abeokuta? Having more than one moniker shows how poorly trained and a disgrace your family and generations are.
Never do well mumu.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kizolo(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2016
omocalabar:
...sorry deary..dats the sellin point of the igbos...they over-charge u wen they knw u re not an indegene
Where in my post did I say I'm Igbo? You tribal bigot. She's actually a liar but not a bloody one.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2016
I give up..ur case is spiritual... i hve no business tlkn to u..ur dummer dn i thought self..swerve ur beneath me...
lokoloko84:
Stop ranting like a spoilt child. Are you even a graduate? You cannot reason well and a dishonest being like you is unfit in a civilized clime.
What kind of experience do you have in Ogun state?
You this bigot.Where do you stay in Abeokuta? Having more than one moniker shows how poorly trained and a disgrace your family and generations are.
Never do well mumu.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by DPricey1(f): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2016
I have plans to serve in Abia, how's the state pls?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kizolo(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
@kizolo,nigga44 and bennito..Being educated is not just bagging a degree,its also knowing how to express yourself properly.The name callling like "bloody liar" and the rest is very unclassy and immature!You could have made your point without the insults.I guess we were preyed on. That was due to the fact that we were strangers,who really didn't know the actual fare,also coupled with the fact that igbo is spoken in most buses,which is not my dialect!I stand corrected anyways.
Educated woman, u should have simply expressed your opinion without denoting that the guy was leading people astray. U had ur own experience and should have simply stated it instead of saying someone else's experience is deceitful

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by lokoloko84(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2016
louismane:
I give up..ur case is spiritual... i hve no business tlkn to u..ur dummer dn i thought self..swerve ur beneath me...
You need to swerve because there are better ways of describing a state. I have been to quite a few states in this country and there are positives and negatives, though it varies.
In Oyo state, the only reasonable place is Ibadan like wise akure in Ondo.In kwara, the only good place is ilorin and probably Offa.
In Enugu, after the Enugu city, other places are villages,even the so called jigawa some ignoramus are lampooning on this thread has beautiful places as well though I cannot recollect the names of those places.
What nonsense? No wonder most Nigerians are dumb.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by akp202(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:
Honestly, don't choose Jigawa. If you have plans for your life after NYSC, flee choosing the state. Dusty...Hausa to the core....flies....abegi...itz not worth it. Plus 99% 1% Muslim-Christian ratio in favour of the former. Above all, its too far. You must get to Kano before you see anything recent...even bus back to your state!
seconded.............my stay in jigawa state was like one wasted year...flee...i say flee.. although got the best camp in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by funsho75(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2016
what of Taraba, nassarawa and abj..
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2016
lexyclasy:
front page and page 1-3 talks about akwa ibom......not withstanding the place is good to go......ALAWEE 10k/month, people are corper friendly, proximity of LGA to another is very close, accessibility no hindrance easy to locate good road network electricity 50-50,social live above average, but dont drag babe with indigene, Permanent camp is along airport road, amusement centres like tropicana, I.K plaza, Uyo plaza, etc...major towns Ikot ekpene, Abak, Ikot Abasi, uyo, Oron, Eket, uniuyo for your masters and PHD programs, you can run preparatory classes for exam students, cost of living moderate, intracity transport N50 keke intercity N100 and above depending on the distance....the state is educational develop state corpers friendly...they have mainland and coastland...thats a bit i could remember now
dis s very rich...pls what about for delta
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kennykendo(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2016
Adaobi12:
Which of the idemili's North or South? because here in idemili south, Light is 24/7. And accomodation is not so diffcult to get.
Babe my PPA na Community Secondary School Nnobi I don find house taya na public toilet I dey see so.... Light no dey Nnobi abi no b d Nnobi I know...light ppl here say they haven't seen light since last yr...so ...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2016
ify2016:
LMAO
see this Otondos in the house.
You go fear nah. Abi mek we enlighten you on how to chose a better state for service.

OTONDO will always show why he or she is otondo.

I no come know why you come dey take am personal o undecided
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Shehucom(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2016
mommysgirl:
Exactly cool
Na so.... Omo mummy
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2016
joe4christ:

I no come know why you come dey take am personal o undecided
bro I tire for him mata o...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2016
bastian5050:
Akwa ibom, is a cool place to serve as long as you will stay away from a place called IkA.aside that, the environment is nice and the people are corpers friendly. The school I served, Community high school, Afaha obong, Abak .have accommodation and the state pays 10k monthly.Goodluck but not Jonathan.

Pls o bros, what is it about that IKA of a place, cos Akwa Ibom is my most choiced place of service, I need to gather info about that place.
Thanks!
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:

Even their principals can hardly communicate in English Language!!

If this is not an hyperbole...then the North should really fast-track in Education (...but then a part of me still argues that being fluent in English is hardly a marker of intelligence/education)

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
agrovick:

What's NL, is it a name for a street?
FBI is looking for u

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
ifabet:
Ondo pay 6k and they lots of fine girls and beer to live on.... tongue

But I was told on several occations that Ondo state don't pay a dime
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
kennykendo:

Babe my PPA na Community Secondary School Nnobi I don find house taya na public toilet I dey see so.... Light no dey Nnobi abi no b d Nnobi I know...light ppl here say they haven't seen light since last yr...so ...
Well maybe its just Nnobi. Am from idemili south. Oba to be precise, We enjoy light 24/7
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Barbiekhadyjarh: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
Akosxxx:
I'm thinking bauchi
come to Bauchi... it's a nice place, currently serving there
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by geejayjax: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fraih:
Ogun state, my choice one actually. Oya na, leggo wink
Abeg, wetin dy ogĂșn... Is there any good reason to choose it?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by bastian5050(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
[quote author=joe4christ post=41776302]

The IKA people in particular are not friendly generally both to Akwa ibomite nd corpers. the place is even in an interior environment. Ukanafun is far but It's better than IKa.AKWA IBOM is a great place to serve generally I most confess.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Skybee1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Am currentli servin in Akwa Ibom nw,d place is luvli,serene,10k a mnt,d pipo hr r welcomin n ds dier new state govnor Udom has provided d state wt 20hrs power supply,Akwa ibom is beautiful n less expenziv,m evn planing to establish masef hr after sevic

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by joe4christ(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
Mine is Enugu. Akwaibom and LAGOS

Get off my mind!
But wait o, are u sure one can choose two states from same geopolitical zone? Ie Enugu and Akwa Ibom
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Sttimmy1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
missingrib:
all this state choosing for nysc is just an hint.u might be surprise during reg the states you want you won't see it listed.this nysc thing is just the grace of God. u might choose one big city and after camping ur ppa will be in a remote village.. just put everything in God's hand let him give you direction.... I rep 2015 batch b stream 2 Kaduna corp members...
am also serving in kaduna state...batch A stream 2,where in kaduna is ur ppa?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
joe4christ:

Get off my mind!
But wait o, are u sure one can choose two states from same geopolitical zone? Ie Enugu and Akwa Ibom
lol..u cant ENUGU SOUTHEAST WHILE AKWAIBOM IS SOUTH SOUTH
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by itstpia8: 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
Has the option of choosing states been implemented yet?

Probably they can just let people serve close to their states of origin.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by itstpia8: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
bastian5050:
Akwa ibom, is a cool place to serve as long as you will stay away from a place called IkA.aside that, the environment is nice and the people are corpers friendly

Where is the place and why are people warned to stay away?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by laplace19(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
Mine is Enugu. Akwaibom and LAGOS

Vikky, for this your selection, may I know the school you graduate from and your state of origin.....please

Just want to confirm something
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
laplace19:

Vikky, for this your selection, may I know the school you graduate from and your state of origin.....please

Just want to confirm something
Nnamdi Azikiwe university...Am from Abia state

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.