Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (39992 Views)

ATLANTIC COURTYARD IS LOCATED AT OKUN AJAH, LAGOS STATE WITH CofO +2348125429017 / 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow And Land For Sale with CofO Before MFM,Magboro / Executive & Newly Build Of Mini Flat To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 1m Net. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: . by agarawu23(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're welcome Sir.

Please excuse some of the noise. Some of my "friends" are boisterous and obnoxious at times grin
for noise makers.

1 Like

Re: . by bplenty(m): 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hehehehehe totally understand. Its the internet so we write what we want. Gods speed on your projects

@agarawu23 is a joker lol. Nice one with noise makers list.

1 Like

Re: . by Larwin(m): 7:51am On Jun 19, 2016
Hmmmm, this is cool. Getting costing from NL. It's a gud idea. At least u will have d idea of charges b4 pouring money down. God will see you through sir. Weldone

Contact me for your borehole drilling needs sha. Will give you d best.
My contact details
Re: . by ricki: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Shawls:
You people answering this guy have time to waste.Let him go and import his crew of "kokoye" builders from yankee, get them visas, pay them hourly wages, ship all the building materials from Home Depot or Lowes (just to build one single house in Elebu, Ibadan) and after all these hullabaloo, we can do a comparison of his "American White House" in 9ja to our own locally fabricated Aso Rock. After all, it's his house and he has a right to build it to his taste, abi?
Haba! nah wetin? I have a property in that very neighborhood(Oke Alaro, after the market)?one in NNPC, Apata, another 4 bedroom twin duplex(using 9ja's term) in Akala estate Akobo.In fact I used some NL's for the job & no noise at all.
What is your problem? Nah only you waka come from US?
You need to stop this nonsense.

Good Morning bro, We are all just having fun and learning while at the same time getting some thing planted on the ground. Thats all. No offense intended at all. Everyone don dey study property matter here for a long time most in the background and some very active.

It is just fun we are catching. Please lets us see your property as well and am very sure we would learn a thing or two from you too.

4 Likes

Re: . by Juokorow(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
Shawls:
You people answering this guy have time to waste.Let him go and import his crew of "kokoye" builders from yankee, get them visas, pay them hourly wages, ship all the building materials from Home Depot or Lowes (just to build one single house in Elebu, Ibadan) and after all these hullabaloo, we can do a comparison of his "American White House" in 9ja to our own locally fabricated Aso Rock. After all, it's his house and he has a right to build it to his taste, abi?
Haba! nah wetin? I have a property in that very neighborhood(Oke Alaro, after the market)?one in NNPC, Apata, another 4 bedroom twin duplex(using 9ja's term) in Akala estate Akobo.In fact I used some NL's for the job & no noise at all.
Take a deep breath and exhale and relax, my brother. What is it that you find so disagreeable about how he has gone about trying to build a home in Naija. He simply wants to build a bungalow etc to his taste/style/preferences. He never posed or chose duplex or big mansion, because everyone else does. He likes bungalow; my own go be duplex. That boils down to a simple matter of individual difference and choice. He likes antique auto; I don't. So..? I follow this project because I increasingly identify select gems or nuggets of ideas that I can learn from in planning and executing my own thing. The safe room walls and the BQ/guest/garage's sloped flat roof, for instances, have already sparked conversation with my architect! Let's respect the beauty of individual difference and accentuate it's positives, in well mannered interactions . Peace!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Juokorow(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
@Shawls
My brother, it not always the case that people "abroad look down on Naija way" (not quoting you). The fact, oftentimes, is that they are trying to push the envelope on innovations that may be appropriate for our beloved Naija, so long as they are not shoving or forcing it down another's throat. The same concept guides the desire of origins of remote villages to bring increasing modernity, be it from Lagos or Abujaor nearest major town, to their root village. Polystyrene as a structural and non structural alternative material for use in foundation/decking and parapet work, for example, has been in increasing use in Abuja, yet most builders and owners are unaware or dismissively resistant. Axion Tuffcrete which has water/algae proof properties for cement and concrete work, is available in Nigeria, but mostly has been-ignored. Bio Digester, septic system that was developed and tailored for Africa, in Ghana, by Gates Foundation is spreading in Ghana, and has been implemented in some banks and homes in Lagos Nigeria, yet the average Nigerian build follows the same old course syllabus about generic Septic tank etc. Need I mention a trie flat concrete terrace roof as roofing alternative, to accommodate solar panels, AC condensers, and roof garden, for those who deem it a fit? No, you will hear about Naija-no-be oyiboland, how about water leak and heat, etc., without thinking about many newer available (in Naija) materials that mitigate such concerns. When I announced that my duplex will include polystyrene slabs (Polyindustries Nig) on the first floor and roof (yes concrete terrace roof) decking, a family member (in my circle of trust) asked whether I want to build a deck wey go fall! I laughed, because thanks to Nairaland, I understand the relative "filler" role of concrete etc (flesh) and ironwork (bones) in said structural form. Same material has been used in shopping malls decking in Naija. Go figure! Peace, still!

3 Likes

Re: . by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Shawls:
E pain am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2016

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: . by erico2k2(m): 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Abi o my broda from another mother grin

This CBN palava sha, make dem go one way so we know angry
grin grin grin, some people will just drink panadol for headache belonging to to others
RE CBN, no mind dem, nah Dem Dem, even our Agents here lock up, they refuse to transfer, lets wait until weds and see waht pans up, aboki fx said we lost %30 of the value as at 5pm today on forex tradings, I also confirmed this from my younger bro who works with them them in ABJ grin grin my prayers, we should resume normality of some sort make the buildings rise Ooh

2 Likes

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:
So my builder asked for another delivery of water.
I think water is being lifted from my site. How can 6,000 liters be going that fast?
I am envious of my friends in the east and their low cost boreholes.

Dig your borehole once and just forget about it... it's better in the long run...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: . by agarawu23(m): 3:56am On Jun 21, 2016
mufutau55:

Dig your borehole once and just forget about it... it's better in the long run...

Hajji M.
exactly. He might even start moulding blocks with it. It's expensive but will serve a lot of purpose.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 4:04am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I really want to but haven't found a deal yet. Everybody wants the same N400k
I'll look for the direct Indian/Chinese people that allegedly do it for N250k next time I go home.

It is a rocky place with probably rock underneath, you may not get any cheaper.
But it pays to shop around sha! Make sure there is no middle-man involved. There is agbero for everything in Nigeria.

Hajji M.
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 4:07am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Ni gbogbo oun ti abanse ki olorun bawa fi alubarika si.

Nah plenty Amin o... there are lots of billionaire who no get one building....
but then there are some who build thousands of duplexes but cannot/must not sleep in any of them...
Nah that your Ibadan most of them dey o. No go look for 1000 ebora/human heads o. smiley

Note: Do you ever listen to Odolaiye Aremu? He said:
If you are the smartest man in the world... your day dey come.
If you are the most stupidest man in the world... your day dey come.
So nobody will escape his day when it comes.... nah death be that.

Hajji M.
Re: . by agarawu23(m): 4:07am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Dude I have maybe 500 blocks left and I'll be out of the block buying biz grin

Ni gbogbo oun ti abanse ki olorun bawa fi alubarika si.
not an excuse tho. But as u wish cool
Re: . by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by agarawu23(m): 4:09am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I really want to but haven't found a deal yet. Everybody wants the same N400k

I'll look for the direct Indian/Chinese people that allegedly do it for N250k next time I go home.
baba, u go old o
For Ibadan? Lailai u can't see for that amount.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by agarawu23(m): 4:15am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I can always give you the coordinates and you can donate one for me grin
angry angry U dey live america me dey live one kind desert like that

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by agarawu23(m): 4:17am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Never say never to his imperial majesty grin

I'll have borehole on my site before xmas and I'll show you the receipt.
if you can sink one with that amount, the person just won another contract cos I will sink one asap too. So I am patiently waiting.
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 4:20am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I know he's not very popular with staunch Muslim because of the way he gets his message across but you ought to listen to Buhari omo Musa.

I surely have some of his videos... Buhari is too much for me...

Hajji M.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Never say never to his imperial majesty grin

I'll have borehole on my site before xmas and I'll show you the receipt.

Ibadan is a basement complex terrain (Hardrock) hence the high price.
Please ensure a geophysical survey is properly done and the prospect is viable before going ahead to drill.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: . by Larwin(m): 9:34am On Jun 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Point duly noted.

I am going to give it to the Indians/Chinese, they did a few in my area and I'm going to be sure that they are responsible for A to Z so no finger pointing.

I have this rock as a reminder of what you said grin

Smile, see how u r talking as if these Indian guys are god of water. The real brain behind a successful borehole drilling is the Geologists did the geophysical Survey. The only input of the Indian guys is just their rig as they lack the technical knowledge as to know where to drill.

So why not employ the services of a Geologist who knows better about the hydrology of Nigeria.
I think it's time we start believing in the expertise of our able country men if truly we want a better Nigeria.

About the price of drilling. If you want to drill 400k is not much if you really want a good work and considering how much will spent on diesel and completion. If somebody promised you 250k for a borehole drilling, my advise is to check the professional status of the person.

4 Likes

Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2016
mufutau55:

Nah plenty Amin o... there are lots of billionaire who no get one building....
but then there are some who build thousands of duplexes but cannot/must not sleep in any of them...
Nah that your Ibadan most of them dey o. No go look for 1000 ebora/human heads o. smiley

Note: Do you ever listen to Odolaiye Aremu? He said:
If you are the smartest man in the world... your day dey come.
If you are the most stupidest man in the world... your day dey come.
So nobody will escape his day when it comes.... nah death be that.

Hajji M.
You are very correct & spot on about this, l have a very good friend, very close to me and l know his income and general welfare like the back of my hands, he makes an average of between 10, 000 to 15,000 dollars monthly, he works as a researcher to many companies, he is single, no commitment , less than 35 years of age, but he has no land nor a single block or room in Nigeria, l have talked , talked and talked to him to buy a plot and erect a building in Nigeria but all my advises to him falls on deaf ears, he has visited some of my properties in lagos and he keeps asking how l was able to acquire them, l told him, it is one step at a time.

He was in Nigeria recently and he went to stay in a hotel paying 20,000 Naira / Night (and he stayed for 90 days) that is 20,000naira x 90 days = 1.8million Naira apart from food, clubbing and drinking because he is a night crawler..Lol, l was furious with him, but hey, it is is money, l have stopped advising him. The summary of my epistle is, there are lots of people with money but l dont know why they find it hard to build a house of their own. sad

@ EgunMogaji, l think you should construct a borehole on your site, it will save you lots of money, l was like you before buying water until l decided to construct borehole in all my properties and l was able to save some cash which l channel to other things, meanwhile, kudos to you on your project.....

2 Likes

Re: . by Larwin(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2016
@4nobody4every1 most ppl think drilling for water shud come last after finishing with the building. Apart from saving cost, drilling borehole 1st allows you to do a detailed investigation as to which point to drill. If you had started construction it might hinder the rig from getting to a point dat cud have served best for drilling.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Cost Of Cement And Blockwork (may 2021) / Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. / List Of Building Materials In Nigeria And The Price Qoutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.