Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt (35263 Views)

Obasanjo Eats His 80th Birthday Cake As Bukola Saraki & His Wife Join Him. Pics / Obasanjo Builds Central Mosque In Abeokuta To Celebrate His 80th Birthday (PICS) / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 80th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by neolboy(m): 7:44am On Jan 07, 2016
our court don suffer, na useless case our judge dey judge now
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by FagsamPHP(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2016
k
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Damalex4luv(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2016
slyng:
Haba prof, do u honestly think wike will decipher this? Kindly break it down for him
Thought he's a lawyer now

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by izikjon(m): 7:46am On Jan 07, 2016
thunder74:
I know Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi will not allow any government suspected to be corrupt to organise any party for him. The reason is to avoid getting caught in this kind of mud.
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by allthingsgood: 7:48am On Jan 07, 2016
The final days of Wike....pls stay tuned cos someone is going to move from govt house to kirikiri! grin
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by jamore: 7:50am On Jan 07, 2016
lalclastic on my way to Tanzania
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by ojnnaco(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2016
I long expected Soyinka's reply .... Now over to Amechi
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by ojnnaco(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2016
I long expected Soyinka's reply .... Now over to Amechi
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by islandmoon: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Redoil:
the mad old professor

just like your very father
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Horizon1: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Lol@ employ the services of Interpol and EFCC you know where I live. Over to you..... Soyinka ooo grin grin
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by fm7070: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2016
This is corruption, when money meant for the public is used to honour one prof.
Corruption has eaten too deep into our system in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by boxypane(m): 8:00am On Jan 07, 2016
I wonder why the Supreme court is waiting this long. Bloody thirsty Corrupted tyrants. EFCC bawo? Over to DSS in the opposite.

Next on our List now is...... HMmmmmmmmm..... Ok ok 1. FFK 2. Wike 3. Okukpe ( e never still change e name )
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Kenobus: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
This is to embarras Soyinka who hobnob with Amaechi. He was given part for travels and pocket money. It is sad!
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Amaechi is a real stupi.d man. He is the f00l, not Soyinka.

I have many Classmates from Rivers state who are yet to get meaningful jobs, in fact one had 4.3 CGPA.

This useless ex governor goes about spending money on irrelevant events that have no impact on the real indigenes of Rivers State.

Thank God it is happening in Rivers State. I know Kogi (with its corrupt governors) won't try this rubbish, cos Soyinka may not leave the state same way he came.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Everything about APC is all good,..even when things are found wrong,.suffering & smiling regim
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by alexlee50: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2016
MoonChildng:
Hmmmm I wonder how some people get into goverment .

How can he be the one to refund was he giving the cash to organise it himself, this isn't Dasuki gate where people were given raw cash.
so una sabi select? As amechi thief money use am celebrate birthday for shoyinka, why u no think say dem suppose arrest shoyinka for conspiracy?
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by ElCapone(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Sijo01:
For goodness sake, why spend 82 million naira for a 'mere' dinner? Did they feed the whole country?........ Polithiefians make una fear God and humanity o.
yet ppl like never said a word when 1 man was using 1billion to feed in a yr. Hypocrisy of d highest order
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Goridoe(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2016
lol
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by omonnakoda: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
realborn:
From all the plenty English Prof wrote, it seems he was given a substantial honorarium from the alleged outrageous money spent. He is being defensive. If he received paltry or insignificant cash gifts from the RSG at the time, his response would have been a one-liner.

If no proof exists to show he did, then "Wikeleaks" may only have to contend with ex-Governor Amaechi and his lieutenants and not Baba 80.

All politicians are corrupt and irresponsible. Their nobel sorry noble friends are also sewer companions. tongue
If he was given a honorarium is that any less than he deserves? Is he a beggar? Is it illegal? I do not know what you mean by "defensive" The nature of the allegation was not whether or not a honorarium was paid but that something criminal was done.
If he was paid a honorarium was he paid more than the "going rate" that he would receive for gracing other events.
Was it any more than he deserved. He is a private citizen and entitled to privacy. If he is paid from public funds then the public are entitled to get value and that is the duty of their representatives. But I do not expect a Nobel Laureate to give a speech for under $50000 if he is charging for it . I know Hilary Clinton charges $200000.

We know Port Harcourt was placed on the map as World Book Capital by UNESCO ,did he have anything to do with that?

How much was Gordon Brown paid when he spoke in the same PH?
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-state-moves-to-extend-business-frontiers/103715/
That is how a city gains recognition and status

Ultimately he is a private citizen entitled to receive payments for his services. How much does Nigeria pay when the likes of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair and Bill Clinton come to give speeches are they better than him.
Find out if you do not know the time of a Nobel Laureate has a Market Value. Even Basket Mouth has his charges.
I am sure many cities would pay to host the birthday party for Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi and this is the context we should put this.

The real questions are not for Soyinka bu for Amaechi was the money appropriated within the law.

Even Kim Kardashian has her charges grin

5 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by thunder74(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop insulting Gani. He doesn't roll will people in government irrespective of party. He was a real fighter and a patriot per excellence.

Stop comparing him with Wole Soyinka. Is Soyinka not the same man that worked for Abacha when NADECO was fighting for Abiola mandate?
Not comparing them, how can I? It is like equating death with sleep. My point is, if you tie maize to your waist, you make yourself fowls' age mates. He that must eat cockroaches, must be ready to suffer belly aches.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2016
thunder74:

Not comparing them, how can I? It is like equating death with sleep. My point is, if you tie maize to your waist, you make yourself fowls' age mates. He that must eat cokroaches, must be ready to suffer belly aches.
Wise Words. In Nigeria, no person matches close to Gani when it comes to men with integrity and no stain. The only person that comes close is Chinua Achebe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by TeamSimple(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2016
Soyinka the Linguist. lol @ 'Catering and logistical implications'

NB: 'EFCC over to you...you all know where I live' in other words, a catch me if you can scenario.
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by AdamsToyin: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=theV0ice post=41732850][color=#000099][i]I recommend further that he involve the services of INTERPOL to guarantee its extension to all international organisations

Nigeria.....the land of comedy cheesy

Wike should probe more dinners and luncheons abeg to recover the money from those who ate there....he should even involve interpol as Kongi advised.
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by prudentsea(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2016
coolHoly shit!!! This drown drunk with nonsense always. Party forget the trash u are a fogotten Nation. PROF don't kill him soon.......
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by divine9540: 8:38am On Jan 07, 2016
enough of d English you eat from it that's final.ur also corrupt a friend of a thief is a th***.
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Ghost01(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop insulting Gani. He doesn't roll will people in government irrespective of party. He was a real fighter and a patriot per excellence.

Stop comparing him with Wole Soyinka. Is Soyinka not the same man that worked for Abacha when NADECO was fighting for Abiola mandate?
Worked for Abacha? The same Abacha government that was after him? Or you mean to say IBB?
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by realborn(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2016
omonnakoda:
If he was given a honorarium is that any less than he deserves? Is he a beggar? Is it illegal? I do not know what you mean by "defensive" The nature of the allegation was not whether or not a honorarium was paid but that something criminal was done.
If he was paid a honorarium was he paid more than the "going rate" that he would receive for gracing other events.
Was it any more than he deserved. He is a private citizen and entitled to privacy. If he is paid from public funds then the public are entitled to get value and that is the duty of their representatives. But I do not expect a Nobel Laureate to give a speech for under $50000 if he is charging for it . I know Hilary Clinton charges $200000.

We know Port Harcourt was placed on the map as World Book Capital by UNESCO ,did he have anything to do with that?

How much was Gordon Brown paid when he spoke in the same PH?
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-state-moves-to-extend-business-frontiers/103715/
That is how a city gains recognition and status

Ultimately he is a private citizen entitled to receive payments for his services. How much does Nigeria pay when the likes of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair and Bill Clinton come to give speeches are they better than him.
Find out if you do not know the time of a Nobel Laureate has a Market Value. Even Basket Mouth has his charges.
I am sure many cities would pay to host the birthday party for Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi and this is the context we should put this.

The real questions are not for Soyinka bu for Amaechi was the money appropriated within the law.

Even Kim Kardashian has her charges grin

Dunno how much his charges per show, sorry per lecture or appearance fee is. However, the topic says it was a dinner that was organized for him. I am sure you will not invite someone to come and eat food on his birthday and still pay him for enjoying the largesse. Gifts are expected to be given at Birthday parties no doubt.

Now, if those gifts exceed logical reasoning considerations, it becomes morally wrong. If the government deems it fit to dash him a substantial amount, it should be publicly declared and stated in the books. Declaring an aggregate amount of over N80m for Baba 80 is shrewd in reckless spending of tax payers money. If Baba received an alert from an RSG account not publicly given, then he may have a similar case like the Dasuki ninjas. If he received dough from Amaechi direct, then no long tin.

It is not necessarily about the semantics of qualifying the gesture as a crime or not a crime; it is about moral wrong and right. Baba 80 acts like he is the holiest of them all. Reason for the scrutiny..
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by free2ryhme: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2016
The man was invited to be honored. How will he know what goes into the planning and exeecution of the event when he is wasn't a member of the organizing committee? Haba! This type of accusation really portrays us as unserious people.

Question: should we start to blame Wike for all the "victory celebration" banquets his people hosted him to? Must we call for the arrests of all the Super Eagles & Eaglets for being part of the people that Gov. Wike himself had honored with dinners & gift since he became Gov.?

Think people, please think!!!

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by free2ryhme: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2016
Loooool! PDP corrupt monsters in collaboration with Biafra propaganda beasts are fighting back! Lol! Chai!

Blackmailing is another serious offence. Wike is a shameless businessman. PDP, going going gone. Please go alone!!!
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by boojwa(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2016
I no understand one sentence this white haired man write...but i'd advise wike to concentrate on warming his seat of governance till a re-run date is announced angry ;
Re: 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt by Blingblings(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2016
This cultist u must answer querry oh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC's Documents May Doom Saraki’s Senatorial Seat - Sahara Reporters / 2023: Wike Visits Yar’adua’s Mum In Katsina (Photo) / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.