Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? (12782 Views)

How Do I Stop My Pregnant Girlfriend Of Her Obsession With ZEEWORLD - Photo / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! / Female Nairalanders And Their Obsession With Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
It is usually the SAs and the Ghanaians.

Very annoying!
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by iamord(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
AzontoGhost:

it's 2016 and you still believe this power supply sh!t
my previous post made mention of alot of ignorant posts smiley
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by AzontoGhost(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

Nah its not like that, at times we just pull their legs and they just take it personally.. 80% of the time we don't start the insults.
I'm laughing in a mixture of igbo and Yoruba cheesy cheesy grin
Non-Nigerian starting insult against a Nigerian?
what a wow!

4 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Can someone tell me why Nigerians are obsessed with these two countries. Every day there must be something about South Africa this or Ghana that. Even reading comments on topics that have nothing to do with these countries you will find some idiots blaming south Africa or some silly comment.

It's a new year. This obsession must stop. There are 53 African countries so give us a break already.

We are always at the receiving end in most cases, don't blame is when we try to defend ourselves!!!

How could you have missed what your folks have done to us? Were you born yesterday or something? How convenientundecided

Sincerely, I do not want to generalise but please end this right now!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by GodMode: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
AzontoGhost:

it's 2016 and you still believe this power supply sh!t

Ghana recently reported Nigeria... For not supplying gas... So as long as Nigeria supplies Ghana gas then even if its 2056 I'll keep believing...
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by cocoama(f): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
gamaliel121:

Give me a link to any blog in your country so I can enjoy myself too as u are feeling nairaland!!
well you can google Ghanaian forums and then join which ever you would like too
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Poseidon000: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
[size=13pt][b]
When you said obsession, I began to wonder if there's another meaning for the word "obsession"

Nigerians don't give a hoot on how south africans or ghanians choose to live their lifes. This is overt going through our newspapers,blogs,tv stations and even nairaland
FP.

The only time south africa came under the radia of our attention, was during the lucky dube saga, which his killers claimed that they killed him bcs they thought he is a nigerian, and the xenophobic attacks against our people. Infact, the xenophobic attacks brought south africa to the attention of our masses who don't know jack about south africa.

I had lot of people that period, who asked for my help in listing south african investment in nigeria. In bide to boycott south african brands and products in support of our brdas.

If you notice, the dislike on south africa,has to solely do with the xenophobic attacks against nigerians and other african compatriot

That said. I won't dispute the fact that infinitesimal number of nigerians sometime make fun of ghanians, this is devoid of vitriol,cos anybody who know us well. Wouldn't take offence,cos nigerians make fun of lot of things. We do that to ourself(igbo yoruba hausa bash).

Aside from that, we nigerians don't have anything against ghanians, infact, my stylist is a ghanian.

So I don't get when you opined that we are obsessed with you guys...I mean, what is in south africa or ghana that gets nigeria obsessedsad
[/b][/size]

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Can someone tell me why Nigerians are obsessed with these two countries. Every day there must be something about South Africa this or Ghana that. Even reading comments on topics that have nothing to do with these countries you will find some idiots blaming south Africa or some silly comment.

It's a new year. This obsession must stop. There are 53 African countries so give us a break already.
I guess they're doing comparism sort of or it has to do with obession. But not all Nigerians have this kind of mentality. It depends on the individual for whatever he or she feels about these two countries.
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
iamord:

She is not. She is saying the truth. It's been like this ever since on nairaland .. Where u been?

you might be right tho ..... but the truth is nothing can be done, even us as Nigerians tribes hate each other

I won't mention the names of the tribes so they won't pounce on me.

but I don't hate ghanians, there's no reason why we should hate each other

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by AzontoGhost(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

Ghana recently reported Nigeria... For not supplying gas... So as long as Nigeria supplies Ghana gas then even if its 2056 I'll keep believing...
I can't waste my time with u if you think gas supply=electricty supply

What an irony of life! .
supplying what you don't have undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by kinglekan: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
lol I don't need to go anywhere to hook a boyfriend. I have one already besides I don't date Nigerian men

No one asked if you did or not. smiley wink

8 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by kinglekan: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt][b]
When you said obsession, I began to wonder if there's another meaning for the word "obsession"

Nigerians don't give a hoot on how south africans or ghanians choose to live their lifes. This is overt going through our newspapers,blogs,tv stations and even nairaland
FP.

The only time south africa came under the radia of our attention, was during the lucky dube saga, which his killers claimed that they killed him bcs they thought he is a nigerian, and the xenophobic attacks against our people. Infact, the xenophobic attacks brought south africa to the attention of our masses who don't know jack about south africa.

I had lot of people that period, who asked for my help in listing south african investment in nigeria. In bide to boycott south african brands and products in support of our brdas.

If you notice, the dislike on south africa,has to solely do with the xenophobic attacks against nigerians and other african compatriot

That said. I won't dispute the fact that infinitesimal number of nigerians sometime make fun of ghanians, this is devoid of vitriol,cos anybody who know us well. Wouldn't take offence,cos nigerians make fun of lot of things. We do that to ourself(igbo yoruba hausa bash).

Aside from that, we nigerians don't have anything. Against ghanians, infact, my stylist is a ghanian.

So I don't get when you opined that we are obsessed with you guys...I mean, what is in south africa or ghana that gets nigeria obsessedsad
[/b][/size]

Nicely put.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by kinglekan: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
slytubadth:

Nah its not like that, at times we just pull their legs and they just take it personally.. 80% of the time we don't start the insults.

Exactly, they just can't cope with our sarcasm. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by iamord(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
kinglekan:

Exactly, they just can't cope with our sarcasm. grin

when one of your brothers is caught in Asia for drug related offense . And the name checkers identify their own. And throw some jabs... That's some nice sarcasm too smiley
You guys sure have a way of catching fun. I guess others don't and won't want to get along with it

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Poseidon000: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
kinglekan:

Nicely put.

[size=13pt]
sight you my nigga cool

[/size]

7 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Csami(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Maybe it's because the said countries don't know how to cook jollof rice.
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
kinglekan:

No one asked if you did or not. smiley wink

If you read the comment I was responding to then you would know why I said that. The guy said am looking for a Nigerian boyfriend and I responded that I don't even date Nigerian guys. Read before making unnecessary comments
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by kinglekan: 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
If you read the comment I was responding to then you would know why I said that. The guy said am looking for a Nigerian boyfriend and I responded that I don't even date Nigerian guys. Read before making unnecessary comments

Ok.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by jonathanOz: 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Out of the 5 or so topics you've created on this forum, most are about your negative criticisms of Nigeria. Take it from me, you are obsessed with Nigeria/Nigerians. Be frank, naija guy don break your heart before? Abi naija guys de intimidate your southy boyfriend for SA?
Hope you understand pigin though

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by 14(m): 1:50am On Jan 11, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt][b]

FP.

Aside from that, we nigerians don't have anything against ghanians, infact, my stylist is a ghanian.

[/b][/size]

Remember "GHANA MUST GO" so why are nigerians concerned about xenophobia whereas they did the same to ghanaians.

4 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by itstpia8: 2:07am On Jan 11, 2016
some.

In my opinion, its the other way around because I am not obsessed over these countries but they are obsessed with me.

or is it the Nigerians living there who are manifesting said traits?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Poseidon000: 10:36am On Jan 11, 2016
14:

Remember "GHANA MUST GO" so why are nigerians concerned about xenophobia whereas they did the same to ghanaians.
[size=13pt][b]
I'm not gifted with much time at this moment, but I will try my best to address your assertion/question.

It is quit funny seeing ghanians in a smear campaign against nigeria in an overflogged issue,especially when ghanians are guilty of that exact thing they accuse nigeria of. Infact, in an inhuman way.

Let's go down history lane. After our independence on 1 oct 1960. Nigeria was lyk a baby trying to make meaning of life and it environment in the heat of economic hardship and acute poverty. lot of nigerians tried to find succour in the bosom of a brother(ghana) who was opportuned to have independence before us and was privileged with an organized system that is capable of rendering help to her "not that well to do" brother(nigeria).

What did ghana do? It deported over 2 million nigerians seeking economic assylum, under the mantra of "illegal immigrant", and instructed her citizen not to buy any property nigerians acquired during their hustle in ghana(indirect extortion),cos ghanians went behind and claimed all possession of nigerian deportes. This left the deported nigerians with nothing to start life over again. This to me is the height of wickedness which international community didn't blink twice or condemn.
We accepted faith with maturity. Fast forward to the 80's when we discovered oil in nigeria. Ghanians started trooping illegally to nigeria in high number.
Nobody gave a hoot,cos as a big brother we consider ghana a brother,considering our cultural and ethnic ties, But things changed when there was an assassination attempt on our then vice president (Alex ekwueme), And large percentage of the culprit were ghanians. This brought ghanian illegal immigrant under the attention radia of our then second civilian government headed by shagari. What followed next was deportation of over 1million ghanians. I don't subscribe to vendetta,neither do I consider the action of the then administration has vendetta,cos the deportation wasn't solely base on the assassination attempt. It also has to do with the heat on our economy, suffering from the fall of oil price.
Lot of foreign immigrants lyk chad,benin,niger and cameroon, were effected too. I can categorically say that the action of our then government wasn't vindictive.

I know lot of ghanians have bad blood for nigeria bcs of the term "GHANA must GO". You see my frnd, we don't have unfavourable opine of ghana. that is unequivocally overt.
The name was coined from the fact that nigerian government insisted that illegal ghanians immigrants must go back to their home country. this stand was in defiance to the then opposition which rejected the move to deport ghanians.
So nigerians named a bag which our then government provided for ghanians to make easy for the mobility of their luggages, "ghana must go", since it's a government oriented move.

So my friend, slough the perception that nigerians are xenophobic or we don't have favourable view of ghanians/foreigner's.
Nigeria is the best country that condone hogwash from foreigher's.

Atimes i wish the opposite.

[/b][/size]

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Fimly: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt][b]
I'm not gifted with much time at this moment, but I will try my best to address your assertion-question.

It is quit funny seeing ghanians in a smear campaign against nigeria in an overflogged issue,especially when ghanians are guilty of that exact thing they accuse nigeria of. Infact, in an inhuman way.

Let's go down history lane. After our independence on 1 oct 1960. Nigeria was lyk a baby trying to make meaning of life and it environment in the heat of economic hardship and groose poverty. lot of nigerians tried to find succour in the bosom of a brother(ghana) who was oppurtuned to have independence before us and was priviledged with an organized system that is capable of rendering help to her "not that well to do" brother(nigeria).

What did ghana do? It deported over 2 million nigerians seeking economic assylum, under the mantra of "illegal immigrant", and instructed her citizen not to buy any house or property nigerians acquired during their hustle in ghana(indirect extortion),cos ghanians went behind and claimed all possession of nigerian deportes. This left the deported nigerians with nothing to start life over again. This to me is the height of wickedness which international community didn't blink twice or condemn.
We accepted faith with maturity. Fast forward to the 80's when we discovered oil in nigeria. Ghanians started trooping illegally to nigeria in high number.
Nobody gave a hoot,cos has a big brother we consider ghana a brother,considering our cultural and ethnic ties. But things changed when there was an assassination attempt on our then vice president (Alex ekwueme). And large percentage of the culprit were ghanians. This brought ghanian illegal immigrant under the attention radia of our then second civilian government headed by shagari. What followed next was deportation of over 1million ghanians. I don't subscribe to vendetta,neither do I consider the action of the then administration has vendetta,cos the deportation wasn't solely base on the assassination attempt. It also has to do with the heat on our economy, suffering from the fall of oil price.
Lot of foreign immigrants lyk chad,benin,niger and cameroon, were effected too. I can categorically say that the action of our then government wasn't vindictive.

I know lot of ghanians have bad blood for nigeria bcs of the term "GHANA must GO". You see my frnd, we don't have unfavourable opine of ghana. that is unequivocally overt.
The name was coined from the fact that nigerian government insisted that illegal ghanians immigrants must go back to their home country. this stand was in defiance to the then opposition which rejected the move to deport ghanians.
So nigerians named a bag which our then government provided for ghanians,to make easy for the mobility of their luggages "ghana must go", since it's a government oriented move.

So my friend, slough the perception that nigerians are xenophobic or we don't have favourable view of ghanians/foreigner's.
Nigeria is the best country that condone hogwash from foreigher's.

Atimes i wish the opposite.

[/b][/size]
You just finish work. I dough my cap for you chairman.

Please, is this cyprus000 from foreigh affaire's section?

8 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Fimly: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2016
daretodiffer:

We are always at the receiving end in most cases, don't blame is when we try to defend ourselves!!!

How could you have missed what your folks have done to us? Were you born yesterday or something? How convenientundecided

Sincerely, I do not want to generalise but please end this right now!!!
well said miss
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Fimly: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2016
jonathanOz:

Out of the 5 or so topics you've created on this forum, most are about your negative criticisms of Nigeria. Take it from me, you are obsessed with Nigeria/Nigerians. Be frank, naija guy don break your heart before? Abi naija guys de intimidate your southy boyfriend for SA?
the embolded. I totally concur.
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by wyman3: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2016
kinglekan:

Ok.

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Poseidon000: 11:13am On Jan 11, 2016
Fimly:

You just finish work. I dough my cap for you chairman.

Please, is this cyprus000 from foreigh affaire's section?
[size=13pt]
Thanks man cool

Yea bro, My Cyprus moniker got banned by some baise and power drunk mod, for stating my mind against vitriol serially spewed by some female lot against male gender.

Anyway, I'll soon be back. Watsup?

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Fimly: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
Thanks man cool

Yea bro, My Cyprus moniker got banned by some baised and power drunk mod, for stating my mind against vitriol serially spewed by some female lot against male gender.

Anyway, I'll soon be back. Watsup?

[/size]
I'm doing gr8t sir

Please mention my moniker when you'er active on foreign affair's section.
It has been a while I saw your discern analysis on foreign topics. Lot of topics needs your input over there.
We only have appleyard taking on the zombies.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2016
esosa993:

you might be right tho ..... but the truth is nothing can be done, even us as Nigerians tribes hate each other

I won't mention the names of the tribes so they won't pounce on me.

but I don't hate ghanians, there's no reason why we should hate each other

What's good, osemwen?
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by Poseidon000: 11:31am On Jan 11, 2016
Fimly:
I'm doing gr8t sir

Please mention my moniker when you'er active on foreign affair's section.
It has been a while I saw your discern analysis on foreign topics. Lot of topics needs your input over there.
We only have appleyard taking on the zombies.
[size=13pt]
I will certainly do! kiss
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by sucess001(m): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2016
SemuhleB:
lol I don't need to go anywhere to hook a boyfriend. I have one already besides I don't date Nigerian men

but your country people would do anytin to date Nigerian men...how ironic!
Re: What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? by SemuhleB(f): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
jonathanOz:

Well its a Nigerian website so most likely than not my topics will have to do something with Nigerians. So how does my topics relate to negativity and criticism. The first topic I made was due to the fact that I kept on hearing and still today how much you men think foreign women are crazy about you. On my side there is a no such as there is like a very few percentage that actually goes for Nigerian men. Even the Ghanian girls agreed that they don't know where those stats also came from so it was a simple question. My next question I posed due to what some Nigerians told me so wanted to find out if it was a mainstream belief. Third topic was the final straw after I read a comment dissing south africans for no reason so wanted to know what is it with your obsession with us. I understood everything that you said. Like I have said numerous times I don't date Nigerian men so it has nothing to do with heartbreak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World / Girls With Big Boobs and Flat Bottoms / What Can I Use For My Chocolate Skin To Make It Glow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.