Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? (3172 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal / How Do I Convince This Girl To Accept My Proposal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by prittigrrr(f): 12:02am On Jun 19, 2009
Is it fair for someone to accept gifts, favors, services, help, etc. from an ex?
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by prittigrrr(f): 12:05am On Jun 19, 2009
Let me clarify a little further. Is it right to accept things from an ex when there is a definite need and the current partner is unable to supply it. Is it ok to take a loan, gift, connection, etc. from an ex when your current partner is lacking in funds to help you?
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by TOPE20001(f): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2009
prittigrrr:

Is it fair for someone to accept gifts, favors, services, help, etc. from an ex?

I think it dependz on the kind of relationship u have together now but personally i wont regardless.

prittigrrr:

Let me clarify a little further. Is it right to accept things from an ex when there is a definite need and the current partner is unable to supply it. Is it ok to take a loan, gift, connection, etc. from an ex when your current partner is lacking in funds to help you?

Oh . . . i see
Hmmmm . . . .i still wudnt, i dont want owe any ex anything wink
I'l rather ask my friends lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 19, 2009
Why?

Unless you're thinking of getting back together OR you both have a child together
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:36am On Jun 19, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with that, just because you not in a relationship with the person anymore don't mean you can't be friends. Sometimes ex's make

better friends cause the now know some very intimate things about each other.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I don't see anything wrong with that, just because you not in a relationship with the person anymore don't mean you can't be friends. Sometimes ex's make better
Acceptable, and what if you're not freinds?
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:28am On Jun 19, 2009
FL Gators:

Acceptable, and what if you're not freinds?

If they not friends then it's better they just stay away from each other and seek help from the new mate.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Sissy3(f): 1:44am On Jun 19, 2009
if you guys are still good friends and no string attached with the giving and receiving of the gifts then i see nothing wrong with it.

though i wouldnt personally do it reason being, i don't "ex" around after a breakup.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:48am On Jun 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

if you guys are still good friends and no string attached with the giving and receiving of the gifts then i see nothing wrong with it.

though i wouldnt personally do it reason being, i don't "ex" around after a breakup.

Why not, if you really cared about someone for a long time and you not together anymore don't mean you can't be a least friends. Haba you dey go church so, watin Bible talk.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Sissy3(f): 1:55am On Jun 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Why not, if you really cared about someone for a long time and you not together anymore don't mean you can't be a least friends. Haba you dey go church so, watin Bible talk.

for me, once it's over, it's over. and my going to church and reading the bible really doesn't have anything to do with it. i just don't "ex" around
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:56am On Jun 19, 2009
It's never over dear, what if you see this person stranded on the street with a flat, won't you stop and over him some help ? cry
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Sissy3(f): 2:04am On Jun 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

It's never over dear, what if you see this person stranded on the street with a flat, won't you stop and over him some help ? cry

i think that's a different scenario. if i would help a stranger in such situation, i would help him, cox that's what he's to me. and if i wouldn't help a stranger, than the same applies to him.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by blackmann(m): 2:07am On Jun 19, 2009
I wanted to ogo spend a nite or two with my ex back home sometimes late last year. i had already called her and fixed the time as i was travelling thru IB on my way to Abuja. thank God that after i hung up the fone, something told me in my mind "what the heck do u think u are doing?". I didn't bother stopping over. it was later on she called and told me she waited, had even cooked food for me in anticipation of my two day visit. no one sabi maybe my john no go rise again if i had stopped over grin
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by iice(f): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I don't see anything wrong with that, just because you not in a relationship with the person anymore don't mean you can't be friends. Sometimes ex's make better friends cause the now know some very intimate things about each other.

True.

Personally though, i rarely accept things from anyone. If forced to, it must be a loan.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Bolarge(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
Take from the ex; go with the ex.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by smooooooth: 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
cant support that. you may end up cheating with your ex.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Anamelechi: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2009
Even if my current guy can't help me, i will not.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by axeman85(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ poster
its ok to accept connection if its a positive one but gifts. its not ideal to accept gifts from an Ex, no matter the circumstances. because eg you collect money from your Ex and you go homer and tell your husband or partner. do u expect him or her to say weel done and give you a pat on the back, or a rub on the head. ? i dont think so. so its not advisable. thats my own personal opinion.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by biola44: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2009
could be dangerous,
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by spoilt(f): 12:22am On Jun 20, 2009
I work my exes like dogs. For all the lipsrsealed they put me through.
They run my errands. They dont seem to mind.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 20, 2009
I guess you'd have to discuss it with your partner if you felt it was something you couldn't get from another source. I don't see why you'd need to collect a gift, connection or loan etc from your ex,that should be a closed chapter. But if you're the kind of person that still keeps the lines open with ex's as friendz and there was an explicit need for  you to collect anything from him/her as a last result, then i truly encourage  you  to keep your current partner in the loop.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
To all the girls in the house:

Stay away from your ex. Say "hello" when you meet then walk away as fast as your legs can carry you and do not look back lest you turn into a pillar of salt. It is the chit-chat moment that will get you falling back into his dangerous arms as you will find it hard to resist his full pink lips accompanied by his cocoa-chocolate skin. Your ex is a no-go zone. When will girls ever learn?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Romeo4real(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2009
Is it right to accept things from an ex when there is a definite need and the current partner is unable to supply it. Is it ok to take a loan, gift, connection, etc. from an ex when your current partner is lacking in funds to help you?

@poster - This road quickly leads to nowhere good. On a matter of respect, integrity and principles, No. It is not right.
The argument cannot be valid either, as very soon, the justification can always be expanded conveniently - Ex, Friend, Boss, Colleague, Toaster, etc. Ur current partner will always lack something, as nobody can fulfill the totality of another human being's needs or desires.

The main issue here is that very few men - Exes or not, have pure intentions with regards to giving gifts/help/connections to womenfolk.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by iice(f): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2009
Good Girl:

Stay away from your ex. Say "hello" when you meet then walk away as fast as your legs can carry you and do not look back lest you turn into a pillar of salt. It is the chit-chat moment that will get you falling back into his dangerous arms as you will find it hard to resist his full pink lips accompanied by his cocoa-chocolate skin. Your ex is a no-go zone. When will girls ever learn?

LMAO!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but not all of us are taken to having bouts of fantasy and nostalgia.
It is strongly advisable for people of low will power and who still harbor feelings for the ex wink
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by topup: 4:48am On Jun 30, 2009
More times than not, I believe it isn't right to accept things from an ex, be it 'gifts' or 'loans'. I just think that it's a little too risky. I mean some people can have the relationship where they are close friends and neither person is using the other, but more times than not, one person takes advantage of the other. Either it is the person loaning or 'giving', and they are secretly trying to re-lure their unsuspecting victim, or it is the person taking who is aware of the vulnerability or naivety of the person giving.

It is really difficult to make sure if something is truly a gift, and the only way to clarify for sure is when things go wrong. Why wait until that happens, why not just try and minimise transactions between yourself and the ex. Some people say better the devil you know, but who ever said you knew the devil to begin with.

That's my advice anyways.

(I feel a similar way when it comes to friends.)
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Youngpo413: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2014
OgidiBoy:

friends with an ex?
I dey mad?
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by dotna(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2014
Yes.

Unless u don't want it.

Simple grin
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Youngpo413: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Sissy3:

for me, once it's over, it's over. and my going to church and reading the bible really doesn't have anything to do with it. i just don't "ex" around

nice
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by englishmart(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2014
see them saying no no no
But if your ex hits millions 1 week after you parted ways, you will not stop calling and texting him till he reconciles with you.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by Youngpo413: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2014
GoodGirl2:

even the ones you dumped?
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by bosteps: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2014
Well, I think It all depends on the depth of your past relationship. I don't see anything wrong in accepting whatever from an ex.
Re: Is It Right For Someone To Accept Things From An Ex? by FLAWLES(f): 8:42am On Nov 11, 2014
eehnnn!!! if i hear say i no collect

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Gets Almost Knocked Out By Girl / Guys Hv U Ever Slapped/beaten A Lady Before? / Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.