Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods (40850 Views)

Elderly Market Women Greet Wike (Photos) / Market Women In Owerri, Others On The Run Because Of Soldiers (Video) / Market Women Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by AtlanticBreeze: 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
snezBaba:
Says who? ! Foreigner
I'm a foreigner like you because your not from lagos too
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by snezBaba: 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

I'm a foreigner like you because your not from lagos too
Says who ?

2 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by hardisha81(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
We are Yorubas, we have befitting norms and values respect our leaders nd government. it's high time to allow those foreigners ( easterners) to destroy our great land. if they don't ready to abide with our existing policy to transform our land, they can vacate nd go back to their villages...#i rise...

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by SUBWAY101(m): 11:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
[s]
AtlanticBreeze:
Comparing this incident to Ambode's destruction of a full igbo market in Lagos is madness but nothing surprises me with this people. Ambode is a bigot that will not see second tenure
[/s]

Freeglobe, You have no shame. Spit on your bald head.

6 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Adminisher: 12:05am On Jan 14, 2016
raumdeuter:
When would Ohaneze give Obaino their ultimatum and declare him enemy of the Ibos.

Since na Ibo people dem carry their wares or are these people less important than the ones in Ladipo and oshodi?

If they did this in Oshodi market funny guys will be shouting "war on Ibos, the persecuted jews of Nigeria. God's chosen race" and other such idiotic nonsense,

8 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by osile2012: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2016
[size=18pt]Feel Free to rate Obiano. Follow the link on my signature, search for willie obiano and rate him. Or click on rate people, navigate till you find him. .[/size]

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by advocates: 12:17am On Jan 14, 2016
Obiano indi Hausa. You can't be an Igbo man......crying in IPOB tune.

7 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Yeske2(m): 12:30am On Jan 14, 2016
Where are the IPOB touts when you need them, bunch of. . ..... ...God knows.
I guess my governor is less Igbo than them and must be dealt with as director directed you guys.
Bunch of clowns.

6 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Godsonkemz(m): 1:30am On Jan 14, 2016
Obiano is nothing but an enemy of not just Biafra but the entire ndi Igbo

6 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by pedrilo: 5:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Ibo pipo like dis rubbish? I saw similar oppressive acts by local authorities against the people wen I served there bak in 2010. Why not destroy those goods instead? Hungry fellows!

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Dagoma: 6:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Na dem dem, left to them.

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by SoNature(m): 7:04am On Jan 14, 2016
This is exactly what Douglas Road in Owerri deserves. That road is an eyesore.

4 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Mpanyi: 7:07am On Jan 14, 2016
Let them clear all of them from that place. If accident happens and kill them while they block road in the name of selling their wares people will still blame Obiano. These people have narrowed that road and it's bad for their lives and free flow of traffic.

Let's support a well-meaning program, be if from any state government or federal.

4 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by otokx(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2016
Markets by roads always cause hold up as Traders soon occupy sections of the road.

3 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by monex(m): 7:49am On Jan 14, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
It will be very very interesting to see the reaction of IPOB Youths

Is Obiano impoverishing these market traders?

Is this fair? Is this not wickedness? This is just the beginning of the year

The report says they were warned! How many years warning did they give them?

Ipob Youths and their hypocrisy!

Ijiots!

lol @ how many years warning did they give them. A trader in Oshodi said most of them haf removed their wares. Na just the loss of shop they pain them
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by 123papas(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2016
see as the guy dey carry the eggs carefully. I see his wife smiling later in the evening grin

2 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by cardoctor(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2016
modelssphere:
Well done Willie...Willie is working... #Proudly Anamberian#

We can all see.
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Tex42(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2016
That is a good move from the government of Anambra state.

Most Traders in Anambra state are fond of this road conjestion attitude, they leave the market where they are supposed to display there wares and move them into the road.

This almost makes the state look lawless. Go to Eke Awka, from the round about heading to amawbia, traders have taken over one of the two Lane way in that axis.

Force is what is required to make Anambra (Onitsha, Awka...) clean. This should be a preamble to the traders. Hope to see more of this in Awka.

4 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by ceeceeuwa: 8:14am On Jan 14, 2016
obailala:
Obiano certainly hates Igbos, God will deal with him for this. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Sarcasm!

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by asha80(m): 8:15am On Jan 14, 2016
advocates:
Obiano indi Hausa. You can't be an Igbo man......crying in IPOB tune.
Godsonkemz:
Obiano is nothing but an enemy of not just Biafra but the entire ndi Igbo
Yeske2:
Where are the IPOB touts when you need them, bunch of. . ..... ...God knows.
I guess my governor is less Igbo than them and must be dealt with as director directed you guys.
Bunch of clowns.
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by koladebrainiac(m): 8:22am On Jan 14, 2016
Alexander001:
for f.uck sake obiano did not destroy any market, he just ask the traders dat divided the main road into half to move back into the market. they're just hungry policemen that saw the opportunity to reap where they didn't sow.
KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF N TELLING YOURSELF LIES. HE GAVE THE ORDER AND THE BOYS DID THE JOB TO LETTER.

2 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Uchefrancis16(m): 8:45am On Jan 14, 2016
YoruBanger:

Of course! Obiano does it and he's hailed as a 'performer', Ambode does it and he's a bigot. What tha heck, Una fit whine from today till tomorrow, nobody takes Una seriously anymore. Shiooorrrr.. grin

P.S: Ambode will get a second term and nothing will happen. He's governor today in spite of y'all, and if he did it then you bet he'll do it again. If you no fit stomach am you fit boycott Lasgidi.

Those of you supporting what Ambode did, I believe is because you and non of your family member dont own a shop or part of the goods destroyed at oshodi.

Had it been otherwise, you won't be spilling all those bullshit from your mouth. Forget the fact that its Igbos whose reactions was heard. Forget about the igbos in general cause I know one will never see something in people they hate. Think about the life's, homes and families rendered useless. Did you know how long it took for them to get to that height? And your govonor destroyed all their achievements without blinking an eye.

Now am not saying the governor shouldn't do his work. Am just saying he should have done it the right way. Give them at least a one year prior notice. they deserve it. And then remind them every 4 months. Within the last few months, you start bringing in your bulldozers getting ready so they know you're serious. Come in with forces. the military is there, the police all of them are there use them you dont take something from somebody and expect them not to be violent.

I was in Abuja during the demolition in 2006. Although the demolition took over the whole of Abuja, ppl where given enough time to pack their things. You preach about employment opportunities not been sufficient enough and you go in killing those that are self established?

My brother stop the hate and face the fact. And before you start insulting, neither me nor any body close to me where affected. I just feel their pains. Destroying their source of income immediately after the Christmas and new year celebration when all man pocket done dry? That na death by hanging now.
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by Phobia1: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2016
They shud leave lagos nd com bak ohm. So the govt too can hv somtin to pack. ahaha. and dey b blamin lag govt. Its d pples fault alys, govt will giv ultimatum buh they'll dare d govt dat kan do nd undo

2 Likes

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by 7lives: 9:50am On Jan 14, 2016
RedCapChief:

This really allows for comparison

OPTION A: Confiscate the goods of errants traders, therein they'll recover them after "settling" the boys

OPTION B: Demolish shops and goods. Ask traders to start paying 11,000 naira a month for new smaller shops as against old rates of 3,600 naira a year

shocked

11 thousand is even a generous offer, the least price you can get in that location is 30 thousand naira small size shop, some of those textile dealer are already paying a hundred thousands because this location is Oshodi road. The other new shopping complexes on agege motor road is going for 120- 150 k per annum, I think Ambode did well by giving them that Sopakodowo market, my only pain is that they should have moved earlier than having to be forced to move 'cause as it is now the crowding going on in that place means others who are not affected by the demolition will definitely cash in to take those shops too.

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by darznets(m): 9:57am On Jan 14, 2016
Alexander001:
Ok. I went to new parts market onitsha this afternoon to buy somethings. Boom, these guys appeared from nowhere and started impounding market woman goods. The painful parts is that these guys left the ones that causes hold up around that area, people that trade vegetables, fresh and dried fish, garri but they preferred soft drinks, noodles etc. Actually, they were warned before today.

If this had happened in Lagos. they would have started shouting the anti-Igbo sing!

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by charlsecy(m): 10:40am On Jan 14, 2016
Alexander001:
I went to new parts market onitsha ...
Nkpor, NOT Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by RickyTan: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2016
StOla:

Exactly my opinion of them.

They don't mind the disorder or chaos, Infact they thrive in it. Once a market begins to look too clean or organised, it is a turn off for them.

Imagine some complaining that the new market will only accommodate 600 traders, while the chaotic refuse dump that was destroyed accommodated 2000 - 5000 traders. They are asking what the government want the remaining traders to do?

It seems the Igbos among them have not heard of the land of the rising sun?

They claim Lagos needs them and is at their mercy because of a phantom IGR percentage due to them. Now the Lagos government has decided that a spacious, neater market with lower shop units is the way to go, but they are now worried that they have no market available to them in Lagos. Why not leave the ungrateful Lagos and return to their homeland? Shakara don end.

I have always maintained that no host nation is at the mercy of a certain tribe of immigrants. If the Mexicans will not tend to the gardens and housekeep for the Americans, the Cubans will.

Yorubas should do what they need to do with their states, without regard to anyone.

lipsrsealed
Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by RickyTan: 4:34am On Jan 16, 2016
StOla:

Exactly my opinion of them.

They don't mind the disorder or chaos, Infact they thrive in it. Once a market begins to look too clean or organised, it is a turn off for them.

Imagine some complaining that the new market will only accommodate 600 traders, while the chaotic refuse dump that was destroyed accommodated 2000 - 5000 traders. They are asking what the government want the remaining traders to do?

It seems the Igbos among them have not heard of the land of the rising sun?

They claim Lagos needs them and is at their mercy because of a phantom IGR percentage due to them. Now the Lagos government has decided that a spacious, neater market with lower shop units is the way to go, but they are now worried that they have no market available to them in Lagos. Why not leave the ungrateful Lagos and return to their homeland? Shakara don end.

I have always maintained that no host nation is at the mercy of a certain tribe of immigrants. If the Mexicans will not tend to the gardens and housekeep for the Americans, the Cubans will.

Yorubas should do what they need to do with their states, without regard to anyone.

I m sure you are a two faced idiot. When you see Igbo on the street you smile at them. When you here on NL you spew hate.

Fact is Igbos have every RIGHT to reside in Lagos, Nigeria - the former federal capital. If you like call Igbos name till Kingdom come it does not mean anything. Those properties were bought by Igbos - so you better pay your rent or they throw you out.

You have two choices

1. Continue the hate and Stayed pained until you die before your time from hate induced high blood pressure, or
2. Accept reality and co - exist and learn to love thy neighbor

It is your choice and which one that you choose does not really matter to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods by OAUTemitayo: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2016
mekaboy:
It is better than burning the items .
Unrepenting hypocrite.
If it had been Lagos, you would have been running around the whole thread shouting victimisation.
Because it is erosionland it is better ba?
Awon werey alaso

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Solution To Corruption In Nigeria / Dino Melaye Surrenders To Police / The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.