Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? (47615 Views)

Beautiful Mother Of 2 Marries A Young Igbo Man (Pics) / Hefty Looking Man Marries A Young Lady,Photos Got People Talking(pics) / What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good afternoon romance landers,

I decided to create the topic here since this is the section where we have high % of single/dating youths who are planning to get married in future .

My "average" means someone whose salary isn't that much be it from the 18k minimum wage up to 50k.

We were discussing on this thread when the Op called 900k a "budget" wedding https://www.nairaland.com/2862648/budget-wedding-n900k-350-guests

So how much should an average guy budget for his wedding ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
you are still on tbis topic? E be like say u don ready to marry cheesy

Following...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Eyekandi:

Following...
grin
Abi now
We just need to read opinions and learn from experience.
The topic really gat my attention smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
it depends on how elaborate you want the wedding to be .

A good wedding planner will help with that better .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Eyekandi:

Following...
You nko? When you go ready?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by RexKexMilann: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well it depends on the specs of the lass I want to marry...

Nicki minaj's type --- €2,000,000.
Any other type --- €500,000.

undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
grin
Abi now
We just need to read opinions and learn from experience.
The topic really gat my attention smiley

I'm interested too

I really want a lowkey wedding but I'd love to equip my home and save up for coming of kids, more important to me.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

You nko? When you go ready?

Ah, me wey dey look "man" through the hole of a ring grin mo ti ready

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Eyekandi:

I'm interested too

I really want a lowkey wedding but I'd love to equip my home and save up for coming of kids, more important to me.
chop knuckle cool

28 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
[b][/b] chop knuckle cool

smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by mayorkyzo: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
As a young man if u can save up to 4-500k it's more than enough for a low key wedding...the marriage life is more important than the wedding ceremony...

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
nice educative question for all youths grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by cruzita(f): 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
if the girl is from any other part of Nigeria ,maybe 200k will be enough but if she is from Igbo my dear,500k will be manageable because they are EXPENSIVE

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by digitite: 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
I am budgeting 700,000#. Plus 2 cars. God please provide me the cars and do not let me borrow. Amen.

36 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
digitite:
I am budgeting 700,000#. Plus 2 cars. God please provide me the cars and do not let me borrow. Amen.
if you are still praying to God so that u can spend 700k on your wedding, I think u should first face your hustle before talking about budget.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by timilehing(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
In this Naija we all are, don't borrow money to finance any wedding, in fact, don't used up all your savings in the name of having a eye-catching wedding. There's more to marriage than the wedding celebration.

Set a target, plan a wedding based on what you earn/have/can let go not on number of people coming. Of what joy will it be after wasting your entire savings on your wedding, 3 years later you're still struggling to be financially OK.

I don't see the relevance of inviting or expecting the whole community at your wedding, you don't need over 200 people to attend your wedding, they will only add to your expenses.

Imagine budgeting 700k for a wedding & you later discuss with your intending spouse & family to cut of the flamboyant party which at the end of everything, you have 400k as left over.

I'll rather buy a car for myself and wife than feeding Friends & well wishers with the money.

I've opened a thread sometimes ago on a low budget wedding
https://www.nairaland.com/2388942/no-reception-wedding-how-feasible

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
mayorkyzo:
As a young man if u can save up to 4-500k it's more than enough for a low key wedding..
are u saying until we save 4-500k thats when we can have a lowkey wedding? Even if we earn 20k monthly? How many years will it take me to save 400k as a 20k monthly earner? I should get old while waiting to save 400k?
Must I have 400k before I get married? Did all the average young couples spent 4-500k too?

.the marriage life is more important than the wedding ceremony...
this is the only point making sense to me. smiley

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by digitite: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
if you are still praying to God so that u can spend 700k on your wedding, I think u should first face your hustle before talking about budget.

I call it miscellaneous expenses. I suppose you need a miracle in your hustle to understand that.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
digitite:

I call it miscellaneous expenses. I suppose you need a miracle in your hustle to understand that.
my brother, no miracle anywhere grin

Imagine a student who didnt read for exam and keeps begging God for miracles to pass, will the answers come from heaven? wink

7 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
timilehing:
In this Naija we all are, don't borrow money to finance any wedding, in fact, don't used up all your savings in the name of having a eye-catching wedding. There's more to marriage than the wedding celebration.

Set a target, plan a wedding based on what you earn/have/can let go not on number of people coming. Of what joy will it be after wasting your entire savings on your wedding, 3 years later you're still struggling to be financially OK.

I don't see the relevance of inviting or expecting the whole community at your wedding, you don't need over 200 people to attend your wedding, they will only add to your expenses.

Imagine budgeting 700k for a wedding & you later discuss with your intending spouse & family to cut of the flamboyant party which at the end of everything, you have 400k as left over.

I'll rather buy a car for myself and wife than feeding Friends & well wishers with the money.

I've opened a thread sometimes ago on a low budget wedding
https://www.nairaland.com/2388942/no-reception-wedding-how-feasible
I read your thread and people's comments, what gat me laughing was where u said u dont have 1k yet and u are budgeting 500k grin .

We don't budget what we don't have yet okay? What you have at hand Is what you should focus on not imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by digitite: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
my brother, no miracle anywhere grin

Imagine a student who didnt read for exam and keeps begging God for miracles to pass, will the answers come from heaven? wink

Jah bless.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
I don't see why you should worry about the ceremony itself.....just cos u asked,I think 100 k would be enough

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by tpiah2: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
it really doesnt matter if its his dream girl or not, the costs are the same regardless who the bride is.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by jmoore(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
"Cut your coat according to your cloth" Follow this rule.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
emmijes3:
I don't see why you should worry about the ceremony itself.....just cos u asked ,I think 100 k would be enough
thank u jare grin

But will u welcome a guy who can afford only 100k for your wedding? angry we already know u ladies of nowadays want mind-blowing wedding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
jmoore:
"Cut your coat according to your cloth" Follow this rule.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by skywalker240(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
Good afternoon romance landers,

I decided to create the topic here since this is the section where we have high % of single/dating youths who are planning to get married in future .

My "average" means someone whose salary isn't that much be it from the 18k minimum wage up to 50k.

We were discussing on this thread when the Op called 900k a "budget" wedding https://www.nairaland.com/2862648/budget-wedding-n900k-350-guests

So how much should an average guy budget for his wedding ?

Chai dis one important sha..oya make i kak watch film make i get sense plan my own.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
thank u jare grin

But will u welcome a guy who can afford only 100k for your wedding? angry we already know u ladies of nowadays want mind-blowing wedding
. Mind blowing ke,...shey dem go follow us dey settle debt...Bleep d ceremony...my wedding won't be over the top..just family friends,nd relatives....I don't mind just goint to da registry.get da wedding cert nd home..mumsi keeps saying ""god forbid" though

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
emmijes3:
. Mind blowing ke,...shey dem go follow us dey settle debt...Bleep d ceremony...my wedding won't be over the top..just family friends,nd relatives....I don't mind just goint to da registry.get da wedding cert nd home..mumsi keeps saying ""god forbid" though
I like your thinking jare, despite looking rugged . lipsrsealed grin

Happy family is what we want and not the millions we will spend smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by aprilwise(m): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Am budgeting 3 million nd with a well furnish two bedroom apartment to start with.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
I like your thinking jare, despite looking rugged . lipsrsealed grin

Happy family is what we want and not the millions we will spend smiley
lolz yep..that's what matter's most.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
aprilwise:
Am budgeting 3 million nd with a well furnish two bedroom apartment to start with.
OK Sir!
How much do u have at hand presently if you don't mind telling me ? wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Twins Are Plus1 Today I'm Happy Single Father (pictures) / Ghanaian Groom's Lover Storms His Wedding In A Wedding Gown (Video) / Bridegroom Arrested In Ghana Over Robbery Allegations as Bride Fainted (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.