Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? (47617 Views)

Beautiful Mother Of 2 Marries A Young Igbo Man (Pics) / Hefty Looking Man Marries A Young Lady,Photos Got People Talking(pics) / What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 15, 2016
lwkmd must you do wedding na by force u no fit just pay her bride price then carry her cun put for house [color=#006600]

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2016
funnynation:

how are u doing and happy new yr?

I'm doing good, you?
Happy new year too.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by pweetychyka(f): 5:59am On Jan 15, 2016
Eyekandi:

I'm interested too

I really want a lowkey wedding but I'd love to equip my home and save up for coming of kids, more important to me.

Very intelligent idea from u!
Trust me some prefer an elaborate wedding jez to show off n get back home after d wedding n start asking close family for money to eat!

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
are u saying until we save 4-500k thats when we can have a lowkey wedding? Even if we earn 20k monthly? How many years will it take me to save 400k as a 20k monthly earner? I should get old while waiting to save 400k?
Must I have 400k before I get married? Did all the average young couples spent 4-500k too?

this is the only point making sense to me. smiley

Go and steal the girl oh jare .....grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2016
BluStreak:

The highlighted is one of the biggest problems intending couples do face, mostly from the bride's side. There is a hidden competition among these mothers on whose daughter's wedding will outshine.

Only if intending couples will listen; don't bend yourselves over for a dream wedding. It is, (I repeat) it is not worth it. The success of your marriage and the peace within it is more important than what people think of your wedding. In less than 2yrs, everything would have been forgotten. All that will be left is the couple and the challenges that everyday living presents.
exactly what I've been trying to say.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
Good afternoon romance landers,

I decided to create the topic here since this is the section where we have high % of single/dating youths who are planning to get married in future .

My "average" means someone whose salary isn't that much be it from the 18k minimum wage up to 50k.

We were discussing on this thread when the Op called 900k a "budget" wedding https://www.nairaland.com/2862648/budget-wedding-n900k-350-guests

So how much should an average guy budget for his wedding ?
Not so much. In my wedding, I'll invite a few people. What is more important to me, is to build a solid home with lots of love and give my future kids a very good education. The kind of education my family and friends would be proud of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2016
0taPiaPia:

Go and steal the girl oh jare .....grin
grin
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Cherlene(f): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Eyekandi:
you are still on tbis topic? E be like say u don ready to marry cheesy

Following...

I sense SO TOO dear.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Cherlene(f): 6:56am On Jan 15, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

You nko? When you go ready?

At Neyo, I should ask you that question MYSELF?

Cherlene
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by sisisioge: 7:11am On Jan 15, 2016
Kizmilz:

Nice 1... Am actually planning something like this come this year Match and I don't even have a dim at the moment. May God help me out.

Amen o

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by lazeal: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2016
sonofananimal:
I don peep inside but mennn! your criteria strong ohh grin

our NAIJA WOMEN no be goal getter! na goal scorer then be!

if you fit manage, you no get problem at all! grin
grin grin grin bros, many are lazy and parasitic. I don even dey make up mind to look outside sef cos dia wahala here too much. E just pain me say I miss one chic way fit that criteria wella... she is a nairaland and e pain me cos na her hard to get yanga make me give up 2014. I came back 2015 when she requested we meet. Omo, na d meeting make me know say I for no give up. Well that's life cos she is with someone now. When I came back, she thought i was joking and now realised the mistake both of us made as she saw the strength of my affection much too late. cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2016
omooba969:

Don't mind Bisixclusive joor, she's only forming reasonable chick here on NL. Let the real movie begin na grin, guy your ballz sef go begin dey sweat when Bisixclusive&family throw the bill @you.

Don't fall for it o cheesy, be careful bro. cool
Are u telling me,my family will decide what I Dnt want for me?if u ar use to that, am not, besides.....why did u take a 12hrs ceremony too serious, u want me to feed thousands of ppl, and complaining of hunger later right?I am not a party frick oooooo

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by lazeal: 7:25am On Jan 15, 2016
pweetychyka:

Very intelligent idea from u!
Trust me some prefer an elaborate wedding jez to show off n get back home after d wedding n start asking[b] close family for money to eat![/b]
That is complete foolishness. Assuming I am getting married, I can have 1Million naira in my account within a few months if I work harder.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:26am On Jan 15, 2016
Cherlene:

At Neyo, I should ask you that question MYSELF?
Cherlene
God's Time

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Cherlene(f): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

God's Time

Amen.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Na dream girl op call am nau.

Dreams are free so...u need zero naira to marry your dream girl tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Alezy(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2016
emmijes3:
sure its not far,,just 3yrs from now.
grin Three years? is that the time ur telling God? or the time God has told u?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by pweetychyka(f): 8:15am On Jan 15, 2016
lazeal:
That is complete foolishness. Assuming I am getting married, I can have 1Million naira in my account within a few months if I work harder.

My dear, wats making it complete foolishness?

D fact u can make 1million naira within a few months if u work harder does not make u spend so elaborate when d money isn't in your account! remember change is constant

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by lazeal: 8:19am On Jan 15, 2016
pweetychyka:

My dear, wats making it complete foolishness?

D fact u can make 1million naira within a few months if u work harder does not make u spend so elaborate when d money isn't in your account! remember change is constant
no, you miss my point, I mean I am on your side. Why take so long to save up and only to waste it?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 15, 2016
Depends on how elaborate he wants his wedding to be.

He may want a "talk of the town" wedding. In that case there is no budget for that. He must be ready to go over and beyond.

On the other hand.....he can decide to just take his Wife to court, sign the papers and that's it. Wedding done and over with. In that case the only money he would spend is money for the rings and maybe the wedding outfit (Suit and wedding gown). That shouldn't cost more than N300k

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Alezy:
grin Three years? is that the time ur telling God? or the time God has told u?
lol both..
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
wait till you are ready before u talk about budget smiley
are u planning to get married soon?
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Bride's wears..........50k

Suite.........20k

Cake.....40k

Hall decoration.... 10k (using Church auditorium)

Souvenir......... 40k (it depends on what you're buying)

Drinks ......50k (including bottle water)

Food.............150k (including ministers food)

Invitation cards and prog. ........20k

Pics and video coverage....... 40k( may be less)

Fueling of cars.......4k

And additional .. .....50

TOTAL .............. #474,000.00

Any average guy can make do with this list, these are some of the items you may need for your big day. You can add to the list if am missing some items

cc: Acidosis

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by donem: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2016
@ Agarawu23 use nairaland search feature, there was a thread about a wedding of 50k some weeks back on front page.

I think it may help you.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Acidosis(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Oyind17:
When did you compile this list?

Bride's wears..........50k

Suite.........20k

Cake.....40k

Hall decoration.... 10k (using Church auditorium)

Souvenir......... 40k (it depends on what you're buying)

Drinks ......50k (including bottle water)

Food.............150k (including ministers food)

Invitation cards and prog. ........20k

Pics and video coverage....... 40k( may be less)

Fueling of cars.......4k

And additional .. .....50

TOTAL .............. #474,000.00

Any average guy can make do with this list, these are some of the items you may need for your big day. You can add to the list if am missing some items

cc: agarawu23 , Acidosis

Lol

Your list is cool
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2016
Acidosis:

Lol
Your list is cool
Take a clue, I am preparing to attend your wedding wink
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Acidosis(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Oyind17:
Take a clue, I am preparing to attend your wedding wink
Lool
Thanks, I'd gladly welcome you and give you a nice treat

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by omooba969(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2016
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Are u telling me,my family will decide what I Dnt want for me?if u ar use to that, am not, besides.....why did u take a 12hrs ceremony too serious, u want me to feed thousands of ppl, and complaining of hunger later right?I am not a party frick oooooo

I hear u. grin
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2016
emmijes3:
are u planning to get married soon?
yes! But still single and searching angry
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2016
donem:
@ Agarawu23 use nairaland search feature, there was a thread about a wedding of 50k some weeks back on front page.

I think it may help you.
yes I remember.
Not weeks, I think its month back
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by donem: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
yes I remember.
Not weeks, I think its month back
Haha man was just kidding u too big for that, to your question I think 750 thousand naira would be ideal.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2016
donem:

Haha man was just kidding u too big for that, to your question I think 750 thousand naira would be ideal.
well, I won't mind donation from you wink
100k from you minus 750k = 650k . the ministry is moving cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Twins Are Plus1 Today I'm Happy Single Father (pictures) / Ghanaian Groom's Lover Storms His Wedding In A Wedding Gown (Video) / Bridegroom Arrested In Ghana Over Robbery Allegations as Bride Fainted (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.