Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. (4289 Views)

BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) / Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by Nobody: 10:52am On May 31, 2019
uduak2016:
The writer is an Afonja masquerading as Igbo. What they do is they like Igbo tradition but out of envy they will distort it into something it isn't to rubbish it.

Everything in Igbo tradition and culture is in the bible. Igbo tradition is one of the best...strategic and proactive. The success of the Igbo people is rooted deeply in their tradition. Take away Igbo tradition, Igbo Race will fall.

If you understand Igbo tradition, you have understand the universe and everything in it. The secret of life and the universe is hidden in Igbo tradition...Omenani(Laws of the Land aka Ten Commandments of God) and Odinani ( The Science of the Universe). I know you are wondering, how did Igbos know all these? Becauae Igbos are one of only few surving ancient people on this planet.

Watch this video and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76-ykSTGOE&t=1s

You donmeanit.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by MetaPhysical: 10:55am On May 31, 2019
Tehila07:

You donmeanit. So pigs copied lesbo from d bible

grin. You dey mind am?
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by MetaPhysical: 10:58am On May 31, 2019
tsdarkside:

don mind am....its not hard to see through such people....

igbos maybe stubborn,but i dont see no way they will dabble around homosexual stuff....

some may do it privatly,but i dont think majority of igbos would torelate it....

Even today as we speak Iboland remain headquarter of homosexuality in West Africa.
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by RemiTinubu(f): 10:58am On May 31, 2019
adadike:
nwokem, jide amu gi aka grin
nne igbugo m
i no dey sleep well again
please grant my request naa
so ofu night biko cry cry kiss
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by MadamExcellency: 11:54am On May 31, 2019
RemiTinubu:
nne igbugo m

Gbara Boom Lime Cardia ñuo ka that hormonal imbalance I'na aria correctia.
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by tsdarkside(m): 4:48pm On May 31, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Even today as we speak Iboland remain headquarter of homosexuality in West Africa.

realy that bad....??

i heared stories but i dont know whether they are true.... undecided undecided
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by mightyhaze: 4:54pm On May 31, 2019
MetaPhysical:

i agree with ds

bobrisky denrele and that other yorroba homosexual activist were originally igbos,before they naturalised and took yorroba names

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by Yujin(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I had thought you were reasonable in that your thread... now I see another part of you. Noted
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by RemiTinubu(f): 5:13pm On May 31, 2019
MadamExcellency:

Gbara Boom Lime Cardia ñuo ka that hormonal imbalance I'na aria correctia.
Jesus!
boom line codia shocked

lol adadike you see wetin you cause cry

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by adadike(f): 5:37pm On May 31, 2019
RemiTinubu:
nne igbugo m
so that I can come and scream ' egwu atu nagi, labam, na alam, lasiem Ike, otego o, idi uto odogwu, Biko labam, latom alato. Ewo! Lamu jaja!'. grin cheesy grin mbanu! E no go work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by nijabazaar: 6:44pm On May 31, 2019
This is just distortion of culture, Leo Igwe should be ashamed of himself.

The Woman-Husband takes the unlikely title of Husband just because she paid the woman-wife's brideprice.
The symbol of who your Husband is in Igbo land is he who paid your bride price.

Homosexuality is a taboo in Igbo culture.

I beg to differ...that homosexuality was frowned upon by our ancestors.

and in so many parts of Igboland, there is a masquarade spirit , often called Adama, that is played by an effeminate man. Why would a female spirit be represented by a Male? Why should the Male adopt female mannerisms while in Masquarade gear.

In Imo Awka, for example, there is also an effeminate character(this time not in masquarade gear) that accompanies the machismo guys and masquarades especially on the last day of the celebration. I often wonder why??

He dresses in skimpy drag queen clothes and cavorts around the guys (Main masquarade entourage) and the funniest thing is that these guys dont treat this character with disdain, its almost as if Tradition accepts that duality....

Me think that most of the hate towards people with gender issues come from the over bearing pentecostal strains of christianity. And i also think that this notion that homosexuality is a western import is puerile at best, if you study so many African customs and traditions before tge advent of Victorian colonialists, they (the Africans)have always accepted that such duality exists and had always tolerated them. Examples abound if you study or google a little deeper...

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by nijabazaar: 7:04pm On May 31, 2019
adadike:
so that I can come and scream ' egwu atu nagi, labam, na alam, lasiem Ike, otego o, idi uto odogwu, Biko labam, latom alato. Ewo! Lamu jaja!'. grin cheesy grin mbanu! E no go work

Chai....

You've created a mental picture difficult to erase. I cant think of anyother thing now. Chai...

Issorite

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by RemiTinubu(f): 7:28pm On May 31, 2019
adadike:
lol i give up cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by adadike(f): 8:25pm On May 31, 2019
nijabazaar:

Chai....

You've created a mental picture difficult to erase. I cant think of anyother thing now. Chai...

Issorite
grin RemiTinubu, see Wetin u cause
Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by RemiTinubu(f): 8:27pm On May 31, 2019
adadike:
grin RemiTinubu, see Wetin u cause
you sef no dey help matter kiss kiss
see as you dey put guys for high jump

1 Like

Re: Bombshell : Tradition Of Same Gender Marriage In Igbo Culture. by RemiTinubu(f): 8:28pm On May 31, 2019
nijabazaar:

Chai....

Issorite
konji gbuo yi there grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Message To Elected Governors / Oba Of Benin's First Son Set To Ascend The Throne+photos From The Ceremony / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.