Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant (42479 Views)

Lagos Judge Reads Ruling In Darkness As Power Went Off In Courtroom / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Topmostt: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

Read the reason above!
Its really sad when people try to twist facts. Thank God these things happened in our very before and not some 1967 tales. Buari must learn to lead by example. He cannot be disrespecting court injunctions and expect others to obey it. Somehow I don't blame tompolo, just as someone pointed out earlier, others that answered their invitations are not yet out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Living4christ(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=kay29000 post=42054612]

Look at what you are saying...and you call yourself 'living4christ.' This are the type of hypocritical Christians I hate. [/quote

But y must u lie na?

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by teddywisdom: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:

Young man, I don't blame buhari at all. If eventually that idiot shows up in court and he is set free, I wish he is held outside the court and taking straight to Kuje Prison. What rubbish. Who the hell is he.
Easy now! the man you are calling Idiot is better than you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Living4christ(m): 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
kay29000:

Look at what you are saying...and you call yourself 'living4christ.' This are the type of hypocritical Christians I hate.

But y must Lagos lie that they have oil? I'm a christian its just that sometime I hate intentional lies.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by allthingsgood: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
Topmostt:

Its really sad when people try to twist facts. Thank God these things happened in our very before and not some 1967 tales. Buari must learn to lead by example. He cannot be disrespecting court injunctions and expect others to obey it. Somehow I don't blame tompolo, just as someone pointed out earlier, others that answered their invitations are not yet out.

Pls read and be sure of what you saying before you comment so you dont end up blabbing! Nobody can be above the law. Tompolo will be brought to book whether he blows up pipeline or not!

http://www.nigeriadailynews.news/news/233093-judge-recuses-self-from-hearing-treason-charges-against-kanu.html
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Mamog(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

Pls read and be sure of what you saying before you comment so you dont end up blabbing! Nobody can be above the law. Tompolo will be brought to book whether he blows up pipeline or not!

http://www.nigeriadailynews.news/news/233093-judge-recuses-self-from-hearing-treason-charges-against-kanu.html

What are u defending my friend? Buhari tried justifying disobeying court orders during his first and only media chat and u come hear to talk nonsense. He does not see anything wrong in his actions and even said what kind of govt will allow such...... if I am Tompolo I wunt go to any court... let anarchy reign that I what our honourable president wants..
We are not in the jungle.. u cannot be enforcing the law by breaking the law. Buhari cannot apply jungle justice in a civil society and expect people who have morals to support him. This is not about Tompolo refusing arrest. It is abo ur president not wanting to obey the laws of the land..
In case no have no realised it, Buhari is the chief law breaker of Nigeria as it stands today

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Topmostt: 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

Buhari disobeys court orders, Kanu says he has no confidence with the court, the judge recuses self.
Thank you for the link. I think you are the one that needs to read that news again. You just accused someone of living in congo because he said a judge recused sellf from a court case because of Buhari's disobedience. What's the difference with the news you shared?

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by sammhi(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
coolitempa:

Your brain is there for a reason...try using it before regurgitating trash and embarrassing yourself in the process.... angry....an individual facing criminal charges decides to blackmail the government and blows up pipelines and thereby affects my right to live my life comfortably...iPod youths take over and support this terrorist action and you have the audacity to ask that I mind my business.....you need to have your akpu infested head examined....you have more than a few missing brain cells... angry
how do you know Tompolo did it? The man himself said he didn't? why do you still say he is ? if you have evidence, then charge him to court we n in absentia! or are we now in banana republic?

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Ayatullah(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Ur hate for tompolo is driving u crazy and hope u dont kill urself for tompolo's sake.
Tompolo came out saying he had no hand in d pipeline bombing,yet u still forced it on him,its bad.
U think arresting tompolo will solve the issue?kill tompolo and witness and unprecedented anarchy in nigeria

Despite the fact that you are Tompolo shoe shiner, you should know that your 'oga' power is limited. This is Buhari era, we are not in the era of the man who share 'ogogoro' with Tompolo when in power. Be rest assured that Tompolo will be captured or liquidated by the brave Nigerian Army soon and very soon and nothing will happen.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ihearYou(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
EternalTruths:

Keep dreaming

Bomb the SS region and see reaction that will end Nigeria and land Buhari in ICC

For ur mind,abi? Name so una go deceive Tompolo enter one chance bus. To polo and his bounce of miscreants stand alone on this matter. Leave d south south out of it.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by buchilino(m): 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
coolitempa:
I am sure even the ijaws will not be in support of tompolo and his band of thugs....only the iPod youths will be in support.. angry..so because a man faced with criminal charges fails to do the needful, we must all suffer......

OBVIOUSLY WEN U WERE CREATED, A BRAIN WAS D ONLY THING MISSING

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by buchilino(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
sammhi:

how do you know Tompolo did it? The man himself said he didn't? why do you still say he is ? if you have evidence, then charge him to court we n in absentia! or are we now in banana republic?

UNFORTUNATELY DATS D KIND OF MENTALLY OF SOME SW PPLE.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by edupedia: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
It appears u guys lack basic understanding. I don't care about the revenue earned from the sale of crude, what I am saying is that they should stop destroying gas pipelines needed for electricity generation. These are pipelines built by the Nigerian government.

...u are carried...when action starts now dem go tok say na genocide...not so?...i never believed in appeasing these miscreants and always knew a day will come when reality must bite...all payments being made to them should stop immediately...so lets see who is bigger...militants or Nigeria
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Ahmeduana(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
These are pipelines built by the Nigerian government.
WITH OIL MONEY FROM SOUTH-SOUTH REGION.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by allthingsgood: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mamog:

What are u defending my friend? Buhari tried justifying disobeying court orders during his first and only media chat and u come hear to talk nonsense. He does not see anything wrong in his actions and even said what kind of govt will allow such...... if I am Tompolo I wunt go to any court... let anarchy reign that I what our honourable president wants..
We are not in the jungle.. u cannot be enforcing the law by breaking the law. Buhari cannot apply jungle justice in a civil society and expect people who have morals to support him. This is not about Tompolo refusing arrest. It is abo ur president not wanting to obey the laws of the land..
In case no have no realised it, Buhari is the chief law breaker of Nigeria as it stands today

Well then lets watch and see who is stronger. Tompolo or the Nigerian State
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Ehinmola(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
Was there light in lagos before the vandalisation?
We are used to NO ROAD, NO WATER, NO LIGHT. What difference?
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by gymer(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
Lagosian, we are in for a long thing as I just heard on radio that Tompolos boys have damaged the chevron escravos gas plant. This is a major gas source for Egbin power plant which supplies a significant portion of power to lagos state. I think it is high time our president **** order the arrest of Tompolo as no man is bigger than Nigeria
We really no longer depend on this oil to run the economy based on the recent proposed budget.
House please what is your take on this as I am very sad about this development.

You don't rely on oil but you rely on gas supply to power Lagos.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ppramise(f): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
What's d need fighting ourself when we're suppose to unite as a nation. If it is not possible for us to remain one, then we should disengage.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by business4all: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
bittertruth:
wch area abeg? no light here(Ajah) since yesterday..

At Gate area for Ipaja. I still met the light after I came back from church. it just left this afternoon
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
hollywater:
Can you just go back and read your post again? Talk true for once please. You just contradict yourself. "We really no longer depend on this oil to run the economy based on the recent proposed budget.
"This is a major gas source for Egbin power plants which supplies a significant portion of power to Lagos state"Yet you don't need the oil.

No blame the guy. Nigerian youths dull generally. Religion, Ethnicity and Political party is what they breath. Full of hatred and frustration..

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by jarmy: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
ERAKAMUS:
grin BULL.ARI IS A DULLARD.
I wonder how those words can come out from u. with all due respect, it is only people who are not leaders and are not aspiring to be one that abuse their leaders this way. PMB is not perfect but he has good intentions for us. the best we can do is to support him.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by poseidon12: 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
coolitempa:

You should read the entire thread before writing nonsense.....I never said they did it but that they are the only dunces that will be supporting terrorist acts against their country as can be seen on this thread already... angry

Are you aware that some prominent northerners threatened to make the country ungovernable if a northerner did not become president? And when Jonathan eventually became the president, contrary to their wish, that some of them initially started providing at least moral support for Boko haram insurgency? Are you also aware that some prominent northerners threatened to take the former Chief of Army staff Gen Ihejirika to the ICC. His crime was that the army was becoming effective in dealing with the Boko haram insurgency. Even your present president threatened then that an attack on Boko haram was an attack on the north.
I am pointing these out because you said that the IPOB youths are the only "dunces" that will support terrorist acts against their country. You know, Nigerians are experts at selective amnesia.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by poseidon12: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Naughtysite:

No blame the guy. Nigerian youths dull generally. Religion, Ethnicity and Political party is what they breath. Full of hatred and frustration..
Exactly. So sad.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by amanikondo: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Ur hate for tompolo is driving u crazy and hope u dont kill urself for tompolo's sake.
Tompolo came out saying he had no hand in d pipeline bombing,yet u still forced it on him,its bad.
U think arresting tompolo will solve the issue?kill tompolo and witness and unprecedented anarchy in nigeria
The anarchy will still be in your backyard. Someone people just spew trash with their brain. Remember, the anarchy has always been in your backyard.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Ejimike: 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thought they said Lagos has oil. How come their electricity plant is powered from Delta. Centre of Excellence my Foot. Just dey imagine wat will become some part of this country wen Nigeria divide PMB has choosen to bring calamity to his Govt. Nigerians should get ready for total blank out wen these Millitants are pushed to the wall. The facilties that powers nigeria economy is in their backyard.
Unlike Boko Haram that kill and destroy properties of their people in name of fighting the govt.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by amanikondo: 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Trapping:

Ugomba I respect your opinions, but please try and acknowledge the fact that what we're witnessing in Nigeria today is caused by Buhari. I don't support Tompolo, but when you sow anarchy you reap destruction. Buhari has been sowing anarchy since he came in, I think it will be unjust and unfair to nature for him not to reap destruction. So to that extent, I think Tompolo is right if he and his gang decides to help Buhari reap destruction.
Buhari will not buy diesel for generator. You will buy, that is if you are not poor. Tompolo your God father is a billionaire.
The destruction will be reaped by your family.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by amanikondo: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mckennedy:

What are you still waiting for? Why not go and level it?
Just like your Brother John Togo was killed by a lecturer.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
tivta:
The south south is the heart beat of the nation oh, if obasanjo could not control the militants with force is it buhari that will

Excellent.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ERAKAMUS: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
jarmy:
I wonder how those words can come out from u. with all due respect, it is only people who are not leaders and are not aspiring to be one that abuse their leaders this way. PMB is not perfect but he has good intentions for us. the best we can do is to support him.
Keep your PREACHING for your Likes not ERAKAMUS

........Miss Call.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by jsb(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2016
How did they pay you to now confirm that it is Tompolo...we just need to be careful this days the we fly unconfirmed informations..Or are you part of the set up against Tompolo..
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by deramarks(f): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2016
Am so tired of this naira land no more notification! For real? Am so deactivating my account like now. Be nairaladers good to have been here for a while tho
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ba7man(m): 10:02am On Jan 21, 2016
Ahmeduana:

WITH OIL MONEY FROM SOUTH-SOUTH REGION.
With the way some of you talk about oil, one would think you guys were the ones that dug the ground and put the oil in it. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie: How Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Dealt With By Due Process / General Olonisakin Welcomed Back Home With A Warm Reception (Video) / Oshiomhole Called Omisore A Murderer On Saturday, Now Offered Him N450m — FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.