Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner (40085 Views)

Army Captain Ordered Us To Steal Saraki’s Money- Arrested DSS Official Confesses / 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by greggng: 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Love Machine:
How you go feel if your boss tell you to clean his shoe?Be sincere.

I ve said it in several fora that must nigerian graduates cannot comprehend simple english. For your info there is never a time his boss told him to clean his shoes. Infact his boss didnot even observed his shoe was dirty untill the guy started cleaning. Your question is irrelevant cos he didn't ask him to do that and he can't stop him frm doing that since he did it out of love and his own volition. This is not as bad as taking bullet meant for ur boss.
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by chronique(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
One thing about Nigeria is that,no matter how stupid or silly a thing is,you'd still find people who will come out and defend it. Only God knows the kind of curse/spell that the country is under.

4 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Soreza(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
ONLY IN NIGERIA IS SUCH THING HEARD

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Excuzeme: 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
catchfun:

A group of northern youths under the aegis of North-east Youth Peace Development Empowerment Initiative has exonerated the Minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulrahaman Dambazzau (Rtd), over what happened in Abuja recently when the DSS attached to him was caught cleaning the minister’s shoe.

National President of the group, Alhaji Kyari Idris Abubakar, made the statement in Lagos. “I don’t think the minister has done anything wrong by allowing his Orderlies to clean his shoe during a public function in Abuja recently,” he said.

Abubakar stated that those who understand the responsibility of the job of Orderlies would know that what the officer did were part of his normal job.

“If you are enlisted into the job of a body guard it is your duty to ensure that the boss dress properly in the public and when you notice something wrong in his dressing, you correct it immediately.”

Abubakar stated that before the cleaning of the shoe, the minister had attended a function where his shoes became dusty and when the officer attached to him noticed it, he decided to clean it without the request of the minister.

He urged those criticising the minister including the online publications to properly understand what happened on that day and the job of the DSS official which he was assigned. He further described the publications as unnecessary and ignorant of the existing practice in the military
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/group-defends-minister-for-turning-dss-official-into-shoe-shiner/

Okay, this Alh. Kyari Idris Abubakar is a product of Normadic Education so l will pardon his ignorance! grin

But then, if you want to deny something, its better you do your homework properly and backup whatever you say, with facts.

First, Dambazzau is a military officer and his "Orderly" is also a military officer, irrespective of rank.
The duties of that orderly is to "protect" the office of the Minister, as occupied by Dambazzau.
As an officer of the federal republic, a uniformed officer, his duty bothers on "Security and Safety" of the Minister.

An Orderly is not a Domestic Help or (Houseboy as we put it).
AN Orderly is not detailed to do DOMESTIC DUTIES like shoe-shinning, Cloth Washing or even Bag carrying (and we can see this reflected when the IGP, Mr. Arase made a directive that UNIFORMED OFFICERS must not do any "DOMESTIC CHORES" for the V.I.P they are attached to, including carrying the or bags (how much more publicly cleaning their shoes!) and any officer cuaght doing such, will be arrested!

Cleaning Oga's shoe is not a "protective duty" but a Domestic duty.

He can aswell ask the military Orderly to wash his wife's underwear, right? Why not according to that foolish, cattle rearer and his association of Almanjeris!

But the Idris Abubakar guy got something very correct: This disgraceful behaviour is an existing practice in our bastardised military.
The military has been eroded of decency and professionalism. It is so and it is shameful... BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT OR ACCEPTABLE.

A senior officer can afford to employ a "Domestic Help, in addition to his "Security Detail".
The domestic help can clean his shoes while the security detail pay attention to the safety of his "oga"... What if, God forbid, a strapped suicide bomber was approaching Dambazzau at that moment while his security detail was busy cleaning shoe, how will he protect Oga Dambazzau?

Will he now come to give us the excuse that he failed in his primary responsibility of protecting his boss, because he was doing something he was not detailed to do?

It also behoves these so-called "Ogas" to know what is right and acceptable, from what is not..... that is why they are senior officers, for crying aloud!
The mentality of "Big-manism" is what makes people like Dambazau not to see anything wrong (at least he did not appear to see it nor did he stop the act!)
in what his security detail was doing publicly.

By making or accepting your ignorant and probably overzealous "Security detail" to become your shoe-shiner in public, you are insulting the military institution and the "Nigerian military Uniform" worn by that Orderly.

You may have no regard or respect for your "lowly" orderly but irrespective of rank, the nigerian Military Uniform is a symbol of authority and must be respected by all and sundry.

Even President Obama, carries his own Umbrella, in the rain ...and even covers junior "Protective Detail" assigned to him.

Oga Dambazzau no try at all but that dimwit called Idris Abubakar and his "association of riff-raffs" actually made matters worse for him!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Muyoatlanta(m): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
Crap.....crap......Crap......if you are a state security officer,you make security your primary assignment;that's what you do.if you are a cobbler,you shine shoes;that's what you do. It's humiliating to say the least to see a SIS officer doing the job of a cobbler. No dignity in it. From here to Tokyo what's bad is bad.smh

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Bestbeelieve: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
LMAO!
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
greggng:

I ve said it in several fora that must nigerian graduates cannot comprehend simple english. For your info there is never a time his boss told him to clean his shoes. Infact his boss didnot even observed his shoe was dirty untill the guy started cleaning. Your question is irrelevant cos he didn't ask him to do that and he can't stop him frm doing that since he did it out of love and his own volition. This is not as bad as taking bullet meant for ur boss.
Were. you. there?

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Franklyf(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
grin grin grin. No GEJ minister enslaved DSS, Police etc. Let embrace the "Change" they voted for. They have not started, wait until they start drinking Garri with poor man blood

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by abbey621(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
JN1:

I don't think you know anything about DSS, they are Federal employees with a very strict code of conduct. I am telling you this because a know a bit about DSS. They are trained professionals and something like this is against their code of conduct. You can't compare Federal Employees with private sector, you can tell your employee to watch your dress for you, once it's Okey to that person no qualms. This is a disgrace to Nigerian force.

Please keep quiet! If you don't know what to say then kindly mellow instead of yarning rubbish. DSS employees come with ranks, you can't compare the duties of a low level officer to that of a higher ranking member. I'm curious to see, can you can provide evidence which shows shining shoes is against their code of conduct or are you just going by your own intuition?
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Aboki ipods
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by KAYSANTOS: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Like I care
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by hansad: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
The north has said its okay. The SW shall support. Story ends.
This way northern Nigeria marries rest of Nigeria like wives.

Only in Nigeria.
Only in Nigeria could that Security officer be polishing the shoes of another officer.

Only in Nigeria could some people bring up this defence by northern youths here.

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Haaaahaa! I remember this photo!!!!!! Choir master!! I love this country!!
ShowYourCertificate:
[size=23pt]So they are justifying the conversion of a DSS officer into a shoe cobler. These guys are under a spell, I swear! grin

Some guys on this forum are also under a spell. They are cows under Buhari's spell. You know yourselves[/size] grin

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by abbey621(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Love Machine:
Except it is an official message.

DSS officials are humans just like you and me, they are just like our police officers and I bet you most of them are owed salaries. Shining shoes for a minister was that particular officer's choice, it is not indicative of all DSS employees!
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by hansad: 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Chosen1984:
Haaaahaa! I remember this photo!!!!!! Choir master!! I love this country!!

And those who tolerate this strange country stay on the way of others who don't want to tolerate it anymore.
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by hansad: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
abbey621:

DSS officials are humans just like you and me, they are just like our police officers and I bet you most of them are owed salaries. Shining shoes for a minister was that particular officer's choice, it is not indicative of all DSS employees!
And you shall defend the integrity of Nigeria, a country which can't pay its workers?

When others who are tired of the country make moves to opt out, some morons refuse.
The morons want everyone to continue with them in a 100 + years experiment that has shown signs that it can never be right.
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by klax(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Can you imagine how hausa man reason God pls what is our offense joining us with this people to make the nation called Nigeria fir Gid sake.

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by babafirst(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
igboboy3:

The same way the zombies defend the policies of Ajala the 'certificate-less' traveller
You got it wrong,rather it's the same way the Ekpas,wailers defend the colossal looting under clueless Jona.Now to the topic at hand,it is shameful and unbelievable that any human being would support the shoe shine scandal that took place,it is unmilitary,it is uncivilized,uncivilliian,unpolice,unDSS and inhuman.Any Oga that can make his subordinate shine his shoe in public like that can also subject his subordinate to wash his wife's undies.Infact any Oga that can subject his subordinate to this will divert money meant for purchase of arms because this is wickedness.I now know why he was not made Minister of Defence by our dear PMB.
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by engrfaruq(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
mufutau55:
What a stupid excuse and defence. Stupid Nigerians defending the wrong thing.

The whole idea behind Protective Security Detail is to protect the principal from any untoward embarrassment.... Period....

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by ayindejimmy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
This is an act of corruption. The duties of aids to politicians must be unambiguously defined.
This also the same reason this govt is finding it hard fighting corruption cos everybody wants to defend their own 'person' at the detriment of developing Nja

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by DerideGull(m): 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Of course, these dumbass fools will defend the idiotic and corruptible behaviors of the political elites from northern region of Nigeria yet they will claim the earth scorching poverty in northern region is instigated by the southerners.

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Tinubutoto: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
SmartMugu:
To everyone condemning the DSS official, if you were sitting at a public gathering and someone offers to clean your shoes without you asking,
1. Would you just let them do it quietly or
2. Attract more media attention by yelling at them or kicking them?
I know for sure most people would let them just do it quietly but come here to condemn others.
what are u saying in d essence, was it a good conduct for an sss to be cleaning shoes in public?
do u know d meaning of Dss and their functions?
I see why we are where we are as Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by SmartMugu: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Tinubutoto:

what are u saying in d essence, was it a good conduct for an sss to be cleaning shoes in public?
do u know d meaning of Dss and their functions?
I see why we are where we are as Nigerians.
Even if the DSS official has to be remanded, it definitely doesn't have to be there in public. Who knows if he was remanded afterwards? All we saw was the video from the public gathering.
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by greggng: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Love Machine:
Were. you. there?

Common sense will proof to you that he never did that . I could remenber those days I use to be oga at the top. I ve this staff that will always come to me to carry my portfolio and others will be saying he is doing eye service. The truth still remains that the dss officer is very humble and deserve an award
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Tinyemeka(m): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
[size=23pt]So they are justifying the conversion of a DSS officer into a shoe cobler. These guys are under a spell, I swear! grin

Some guys on this forum are also under a spell. They are cows under Buhari's spell. You know yourselves[/size] grin

Ermmm... I can't see any singlet or boxers underneath O!
Look well. undecided

1 Like

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by babafirst(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
SmartMugu:
To everyone condemning the DSS official, if you were sitting at a public gathering and someone offers to clean your shoes without you asking,
1. Would you just let them do it quietly or
2. Attract more media attention by yelling at them or kicking them?
I know for sure most people would let them just do it quietly but come here to condemn others.
There is a decent way you can refuse that kind of offer without embarrassing the person.But frankly there is nothing wrong in the Minister even yelling at him to stop, or collecting the shining rag or handkerchief from the eye service orderly and doing the cleaning himself.Lets call a spade a spade ,the minister was wrong by allowing his orderly to clean his shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Tinubutoto: 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
SmartMugu:

Even if the DSS official has to be remanded, it definitely doesn't have to be there in public. Who knows if he was remanded afterwards? All we saw was the video from the public gathering.
then why are u and dos malams defending the indefensible, saying it's a legal obligation for a dss official to clean minister's shoe been his orderly?

3 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by toshmann(m): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
If Buhari throws poop in the streets of Abuja, there are people here who will defend it

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Kay25(m): 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
Why won't d group support it wen they think dss stands for department of shoe shinning

2 Likes

Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Onyiido: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
caleb404:
We are finished in this country... How did we come to share same country with such humans that reason like this?
I tell u, this country is a joke. DSS are not to be seen talk much more of this nonsense. I thought DSS was stopped from being bodyguards to these politicians
Re: Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner by Excuzeme: 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
Franklyf:
grin grin grin. No GEJ minister enslaved DSS, Police etc. Let embrace the "Change" they voted for. They have not started, wait until they start drinking Garri with poor man blood

For daft people like you, EVERYTHING starts and Ends along Party-lines!

Its always PDP Vs. APC!

Sorry for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday / Mohammed Abba Kidnapped As ISWAP Attacks Bambula, Chibok / Pictures From The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Owerri Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.