Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,487 members, 7,865,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria (1540 Views)

The Lord Is Your Strength! Pre-wedding Photo Causes Outrage Online (photos) / Lady Who Was Duped And Jilted By 8 Men Finally Got Married In Lagos / Ladies, Always Ask A Man If He Is Married After The "Hellos" To Avoid This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by lordcornel(m): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Although millions of eight-year-old girls in Nigeria are presently playing or disturbing their mothers for more noodles, there is one particular eight-year-old girl who is now a married woman. I have confirmed that two days ago, a marriage ceremony was conducted between a rather curious couple: the bride is eight years of age and she is in primary four (we are presently still getting more information on the groom but initial reports say he is aged 14 and is in SS1). They are of the Baba Ahmed family in Zaria and this is reportedly not the first of such marriages they have conducted. Sources told that although the marriage has indeed been formalized between the two ‘lovers’, there will be no sexual intercourse until at least they finish their secondary school education. It is unclear if there will be other marital duties such as cooking, living together or going for romantic time outings.  We are still getting more updates on the story and will be updating as we get them. 

The marriage has raised a lot of controversy among Nigerians. Some are totally outraged at the concept of wedding between minors and even say it is unconstitutional as the ‘bride’ is not of age and she did not give her consent while others say there is nothing wrong with it. In the meantime, see exclusive photos from the ceremony below:

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2016
What an abuse. Both of them never get enough sense. They may end up disliking each other when they grow and see their own choice of a life partner. This is a bondage of dark illetracy and ignorance

Ministry of women affairs shd pls be notified and act fast cus that little girl is at risk.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by mayorkyzo: 6:49am On Jan 19, 2016
Up north this is the norm...this was just able to filter thru to the media..if a former senator can open his garbage called mouth to say an eight years old girl is old enough to be a wife what do you expect from the ordinary citizens...

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by duullie88(m): 6:51am On Jan 19, 2016
I don't believe
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 19, 2016
Which religion encourages paedophilia again?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by xpac01(m): 6:52am On Jan 19, 2016
Who cares
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 19, 2016
This is a pure form of child abuse

But on a second thought relationships suck berra to marry nd just marry

Av told my parents i wud just marry one guy even if i dont love him but who has a heart marry to stop falling into wicked people's trap

But she is damn small wat happend to wen she is 18 yrs old
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by TI1919(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by danduchi(m): 7:04am On Jan 19, 2016
What nonsense.... Na themselves sha. If una like begin marry pregnancy (foetus and zygote).

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by lordprosh(m): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2016
As much as I don't want Nigeria to spilt.. Buh tinkn abt dz ab*kis I jst pray it happens quick..

It sounds tribal abbi?..
Buh let's call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel..
Jez!! Dz people doin dz shit are nothn but ANIMALS..
I can't imagine my 8 years old child or 14years getting married.. Wat a shame..
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by bewla(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2016
The groom need brain cleansing and head check i
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Nature8(m): 8:00am On Jan 19, 2016
End time Baba Ahmed family in Zaria..
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by stonecoldcafe: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2016
lordcornel:
Although millions of eight-year-old girls in Nigeria are presently playing or disturbing their mothers for more noodles, there is one particular eight-year-old girl who is now a married woman. I have confirmed that two days ago, a marriage ceremony was conducted between a rather curious couple: the bride is eight years of age and she is in primary four (we are presently still getting more information on the groom but initial reports say he is aged 14 and is in SS1). They are of the Baba Ahmed family in Zaria and this is reportedly not the first of such marriages they have conducted. Sources told that although the marriage has indeed been formalized between the two ‘lovers’, there will be no sexual intercourse until at least they finish their secondary school education. It is unclear if there will be other marital duties such as cooking, living together or going for romantic time outings.  We are still getting more updates on the story and will be updating as we get them. 

The marriage has raised a lot of controversy among Nigerians. Some are totally outraged at the concept of wedding between minors and even say it is unconstitutional as the ‘bride’ is not of age and she did not give her consent while others say there is nothing wrong with it. In the meantime, see exclusive photos from the ceremony below: 

Very very sad
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by glossy6(f): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Speechless3:
Which religion encourages paedophilia again?

Is this a question?
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Strahovski1(m): 9:30am On Jan 19, 2016
There is nothing wrong in this. As long as the girl consented to it. So...
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Monalisa185(f): 9:34am On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by IamLucy(f): 9:34am On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:
an 8 year old girl consented to marriage? undecided please type with sense
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Strahovski1(m): 9:36am On Jan 19, 2016
IamLucy:
an 8 year old girl consented to marriage? undecided please type with sense

You really don't have to be rude to pass your message. The girl must have consented to it. She looks happy in the picture and that is what matters.
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by IamLucy(f): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

You really don't have to be rude to pass your message. The girl must have consented to it. She looks happy in the picture and that is what matters.
smh.how can you reason like this?does an eight year old know anything about marriage?
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by glossy6(f): 10:01am On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

Consent from an 8yr old child. Haba! I guess you are not a parent yet. No insult intended
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 19, 2016
glossy6:

Is this a question?

What is ? for
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Strahovski1(m): 10:06am On Jan 19, 2016
glossy6:

Consent from an 8yr old child. Haba! I guess you are not a parent yet. No insult intended

I am a father of 3. My third baby was named on Nairaland.

Happy now?
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Michellla(f): 10:27am On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

Happy now?
so you would have your child get married at age 8??

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Lautechgossip(m): 10:39am On Jan 19, 2016
Okay
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by glossy6(f): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Speechless3:

What is ? for
O.k. you need an answer ba? Religion of peace
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by glossy6(f): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2016
Strahovski1:

Happy now?
SMH for you
Re: Outrage As Primary Four Girl Aged 8 Is Married In Zaria by Strahovski1(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2016
glossy6:

SMH for you

Keep shaking it well

(1) (Reply)

Come In And See If You Can Ruin A Date With Just Five Words / What's the meaning of all this Nonsense girls dey do? I just dey Vex / White Women Are Better Than Nigeria Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.