Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman (8658 Views)

6 Things men want in a relationship / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know / This Sexy Nigerian Female Firefighter Has Something For You Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by nikkypearl(f): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
It's a baffling question: Is there some specific moment or event that makes a guy suddenly decide "Yes, I think I love her"? Well, the answer isn't clear-cut, but there are some general principles. "Men have certain innate needs that must be met before they truly feel connected to you," "When a guy realizes, consciously or not, that you're ideal on all these levels, that's when he'll commit."
Now the question is,Is it
Attraction, compatibility, or that magical spark that makes you think someone was made just for you."
Come here nd state @least 3things you want in a lady!!!

I know some NL guys will come here and type.. "Boobz, butt.. grin (smh)please be factual @least!
Lalasticlala "hmmm"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
U are asking confused species to answer u wen wat they will tell u if they find such qualities in a girl dey will still dump her
A guy dat wants to stay will stay even if u not his dream girl

A guy dat wont stay wont stay even if u his dream girl

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
sickstars:
U are asking confused species to answer u wen wat they will tell u if they find such qualities in a girl dey will still dump her

The losed ones always get dumped.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
nikkypearl:
It's a baffling question: Is there some specific moment or event that makes a guy suddenly decide "Yes, I think I love her"? Well, the answer isn't clear-cut, but there are some general principles. "Men have certain innate needs that must be met before they truly feel connected to you," "When a guy realizes, consciously or not, that you're ideal on all these levels, that's when he'll commit."
Now the question is,Is it
Attraction, compatibility, or that magical spark that makes you think someone was made just for you."
Come here nd state @least 3things you want in a lady!!!

I know some NL guys will come here and type.. "Boobz, butt.. grin (smh)please be factual @least!

Her heart,liver,blood & above all,her kidney.... Just in case mine fails grin

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Love Machine:
The losed ones always get dumped.

Really?

And they are d ones with d ring d baby the man

Tell me anoda type of lie never heard before grin
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by AccaPack(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
For u to ask such question means u want to assess yourself through questionnaire.
I will help u fill one.

One need to get attracted first before falling in love, so I will start from what attracts me.

She must be Tall, as in 1.68- 1.72 and very straight.

She must be naturally beautiful, not all these fake girls that can't go a second without makeup. Chocolate colour would be an added advantage or naturally light skinned.

She must be pious and submissive, not all these advocate of feminism.

She must be academically sound.

She must dress responsibly, not all these open bonnet/ butt wears.
She must be faithful and must not be avaricious.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
sickstars:

Really?

And they are d ones with d ring d baby the man

Tell me anoda type of lie never heard before grin
They always trap the gullible guyz.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
She just has to be smart and good looking and loyal...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
I JUST WANT HER TO LOVE ME LIKE A MOTHER.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by ggrin(f): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Body like nicki minaj
Tall like kim k
Lips like mercy aigbe
Brb
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Loyalty & a high intelligence quotient. & must be aesthetically pleasing to a larger extentundecided.
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by adeememman(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
sickstars:

your reply is wrong and not applicable to every guy, especially the last sentence is worse.

As for me, a lady has to be naturally and moderately Beautiful ( i so much detest bleachers).
secondly, she must be responsible/ visionary.
good academic level, so my kids wont score zero in their assignments + she must be able to converse well among intellectual friends.
Good backgroung.
Good cooking skill, if she cant cook local means, she must be ready to learn from.
Good interpersonal relation.
Last, she must understand me even when i sneeze. ( I Believe every man will want this)

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by nikkypearl(f): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
AccaPack:
For u to ask such question means u want to assess yourself through questionnaire.
I will help u fill one.
One need to get attracted first before falling in love, so I will start from what attracts me.
She must be naturally beautiful, not all these fake girls that can't go a second without makeup. Chocolate colour would be an added advantage or naturally light skinned.
She must dress responsibly, not all these open bonnet/ butt wears.
She must be faithful and must not be avaricious.
shocked i guess you will mould her yourself!

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
boobs, butts.
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Noblewhiz(m): 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
For real....
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Noblewhiz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
love, care, understanding...n accepting for whom I am.. tats al... ugly. beaut.. doesn't mata like one of my guys sed.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by crismark(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
me like dem big....
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by AccaPack(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
nikkypearl:

shocked i guess you will mould her yourself!
With your response, I guess u lack many of the criteria I listed. There are thousands with those qualities. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
The three things I want in a woman are SUPPORT,LOYALTY and COOKIE if u understand what I mean. shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Smellymouth: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Soft bo0bs..
Fat Punna
Huge as5

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by nikkypearl(f): 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
PrimeMinisterr:
boobs, butts.
Nd here they are! grin
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by scantee(m): 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nothing no woman worth to be loved...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
adeememman:

your reply is wrong and not applicable to every guy, especially the last sentence is worse.

As for me, a lady has to be naturally and moderately Beautiful ( i so much detest bleachers).
secondly, she must be responsible/ visionary.
good academic level, so my kids wont score zero in their assignments + she must be able to converse well among intellectual friends.
Good backgroung.
Good cooking skill, if she cant cook local means, she must be ready to learn from.
Good interpersonal relation.
Last, she must understand me even when i sneeze. ( I Believe every man will want this)

i guess dis applies to MEN and not BOYS

Nice one tank u for appreciating responsible nd reasonable women God bless u may u find such woman u desire
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by nikkypearl(f): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
maoweidong:
The three things I want in a woman are SUPPORT,LOYALTY and COOKIE if u understand what I mean. shocked
Says " Steve Harvey" if you understand what i mean wink
sickstars:

Nice one tank u for appreciating responsible nd reasonable women God bless u may u find such woman u desire
smiley
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
nikkypearl:

Says " Steve Harvey" if you understand what i mean wink
smiley
Yeah he's my mentor
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Fargbaba: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
1)Men respect Standards
2)Men actually want a woman who can think like a Man.. Says Steve Harvey
3)I personally want awoman so strong and independent.
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
Firstly there is something you need to understand with every fibre of your psyche.
Men and women are very different. They are not the same. Throw out everything else you've heard that tries to counter this fact.

With women, everything is connected and they can't fathom one thing without the other.
As men, we compartmentalize everything. Everything has its own box stored neatly in various rooms and the contents of each box need not touch/know that of another even if these boxes are in the same room.

Women have often wondered how men date women who they have no intention of marrying.
Acceptance from a man in one box, in a particular room does not mean an acceptance in ALL his boxes in that room. Confused yet?

I think it is very important that women pay attention here instead of going off on their own tangent on the subject. Men hardly speak about these things so when we do, you owe it to yourself to "still the inner crow" and listen.

Today we talk about the girlfriend box and the wife box, each of which take up a chunk of space in the "Romance" room.

Here are some factors that determine which female entry gets filed into the /Romance/Wife box.

- Easy enough on the eyes
Undoubtedly this starts it. The initial attention. The "all-eyes-on-me-as-I-walk-in" effect.
But the folly of many women is that they think this is also where it ends.
I say "easy enough on the eyes" because past a certain point of this, this no longer really affects the marriage rank (at least not as much as it affects the girlfriend rank). This is why you sometimes see some famous, handsome guys marry okay-looking women. It's because their beauty fulfilled the marriage quota, and the babe then focused the rest of her energy on other quotas, not just stagnating on and endlessly focusing on this like most females do.

- Respectful!!!!!
Are you the type to always yell at your man? Always look for something to fight/misunderstand about so you can feel that there is some drama in your life? Is every action you take a pathetic attempt at garnering public attention at the expense of your man's dignity? Do you find it difficult using words like "Please" "Thank you" and "I'm sorry"?

In a world of increasingly mannerless females, trust me when I say you do not want to add yourself to their ranks.
These sort only look good to themselves in their own head. To a man (and even to sensible women), a woman who lacks respect is worth very little. Only good (if at all) for one other box like that, but sorry never wifey status.

There was once a famous post on here about humility and the author said: What a man requires from you ladies is not your love, but your respect. For without it, you cannot love a man the right way. Love without respect is what you give to a dog/pet...not a man.

- Nurturing
When you go out to parties, do you do what a chick boo should?
Do you fill up a plate and serve your man? Or do you just go serve yourself and ignore him?
When you are together in private, what percentage of the food you both eat is home-made by you?

Your mothers (Employed, Educated women) did this for your fathers and you think, somehow, you are exempt from doing this for your man?

These are the little thing that make him proud to have you in his life. Some of these things should be common sense but these days, sense is something that isn't so common anymore. Okay you might be a "modern woman" (wuteva the hell that means, as if this should be synonymous with "cold uncaring woman" ), but is that not the same man you want to come and pay brideprice on your head? Where's the modernity in that? Pick a lane and stay on it.

In my dance within this game, one is often flabbergasted at the quantity of women who spout dumb sh!t like "I don't cook for my boyfriend". This ofcourse comes from the things they hear, even from churches, which the female in question then takes out of context... a trait the average female mind (that lacks the skill of listening to men) does very quickly and strongly with an inability to processing further clarification even when given/offered.

Yes don't be his housegirl, but that doesn't mean you should NEVER nurture him....nobody should even have to clarify this to you unless you are just a naturally lazy or domestically inept female... None of which make you marriage box material either.
You can stay as long as you want in that girlfriend box though...

To add to this point: I understand women enough to know that a lot of you, perhaps after a breakup feel pained that you nurtured him. Especially when done in a public way. But only women think like this.
Let me tell you what we think of a fine chick who shows publicly that she knows how to take care of a man (i.e. serving his plate in public, cooking good food, respectful, etc), We be thinking "Please Lord let this dude screw this up so I can GET her". It's sad but these girls are becoming rare and rare. You'll be doing yourself no marketing favors by hiding your nurturing abilities not just from your man but from others. wink

- Independent Co-dependency
These days, sorry ladies, you need to be about your paper too. go to school, learn something and apply yourself to it.
With the rate of inflation of things, dual income homes are the norm now. Women who don't seem to care about anything besides staying home and devouring money are not the prime cream of the crop...Unless maybe it's one Alhaji old enough to be your father you intend on marrying.
We guys are just not into overly-dependent women. You don't have to be making a lot of money, but be doing something that enables you some level of independence.

However there's a pretty clear distinction between Independence and foolish pride, and that distinction is called Co-dependence. It's a state of being able to handle your business, but never allowing yourself to feel like you are above the need for the influence or guidance of masculine wisdom in your life. This is a balance too many women today struggle to achieve.

Men are better at admitting the need for this balance and accepting it in their life than women. I don't think you'll ever hear a man say "I don't need a woman" unless he were gay.
Females don't handle pride-giving life features very well i.e. having a job should not afford you the right to suddenly start addressing men disrespectfully. Treat a man like a fly and he will leave. If you're also excessively parasitic, you're not good for any box in that room.

- Same Faith
The religious mind in me would want to put this at the top of this list, but I refrained from doing so.
Though this is very important (and could easily block wifey box entry), I did not put this last by accident.

Too often people have this misunderstanding of life that as long as you marry someone from your church all will be well [size=3pt](I say church because I find muslim women in general to be quite level-headed).[/size]
This is true to some extent and should certainly be encouraged, but unless you've been privy to the confidence of as much internal home drama as I have, you'll come to the understanding that human beings throw religion out the window when they want to be mean to one another.

At the end of the day it falls back to the previously mentioned factors that determine how well that relationship will be enjoyable, not just whether or not they have the same religion.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
An educated traditional godly lady with a Coco kind of body.

I ain't greedy.
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by adeememman(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
sickstars:

Guys/boys will become men sooner or later, so they will definitely have one thing or the other to contribute.
I say amen to ur prayer.
Thanks for thanking me
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Parpor(m): 1:08am On Jan 21, 2016
1. Loyal
2. Humble
3. Unique personality

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 21, 2016
AccaPack:
I will help u fill one.

[s]She must dress responsibly, not all these open bonnet/ butt wears.
She must be faithful[/s] and must not be avaricious.
awww *blushing* kiss
Re: What Are The Things You(guys) Want In A Woman by AccaPack(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Speechless3:
awww *blushing* kiss
Babe, your dp makes sense kiss, but y are u not faithful undecided huh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Girlfriend Is Misbehaving? Make Her See U As The Boss Again / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Date Her Twin Sister Also... / Ladies Which Of This Romancelanders Can You Go Out With For 30minutes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.