Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? (15916 Views)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Lady Who Turned Down Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal On Her Birthday Writes / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2016
Should one have a simple marriage proposal or an elaborate one?

For me,,, I hate all dis public stunt of marriage proposals... I prefer it privately... What about you?

Let the census begin.......

Click 'like' for private proposal and 'share' for public proposal

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Elosky20: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2016
gud 1

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboard(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2016
k
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2016
okay, this is a voting... I'll drop a comment too..

Ion like all these PDA nonsense.. It shows utter and extensive decadence!!!

It is not fucking romantic.. If I see a guy proposing to a lady on the street, in front of a lot of people, causing obversion, showing misconduct and indiscipline in public.. I'll report to the authorities.. Because it is just wrong!!

But we live in a society where the authorities are at the forefront of the decadence campaign! So reporting to the authorities might not even aid the situation in anyway..

4 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Smellymouth: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Public
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2016
Obioraaa:
okay, this is a voting... I'll drop a comment too..

Ion like all these PDA nonsense.. It shows utter and extensive decadence!!!

It is not fucking romantic.. If I see a guy proposing to a lady on the street, in front of a lot of people, causing obversion, showing misconduct and indiscipline in public.. I'll report to the authorities.. Because it is just wrong!!

But we live in a society where the authorities are at the forefront of the decadence campaign! So reporting to the authorities might not even aid the situation in anyway..
But even in countries where the authorities are doing well in their duties people still do such things.

They are even worse. Or where did you think we copied it from? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by valdes00(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2016
Both Public and Private, both na rubbish.... Jus giv her belle straight, n the rest is history

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by chigoizie7(m): 9:08am On Jan 21, 2016
I will go for private any day any time.

3 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

But even in countries where the authorities are doing well in their duties people still do such things.

if those 'authorities' look away in the sight of decadence, they're not "doing well"

Yes, the silly move was when we copied from "pop culture" and other western nonsense..
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:12am On Jan 21, 2016
Obioraaa:
if those 'authorities' look away in the sight of decadence, they're not "doing well"

Yes, the silly move was when we copied from "pop culture" and other western nonsense..
Public display of affection is not a decadence. As long as they don't constitute nuisance to the free flow of public activities in that area.

People rent crowds to help them sing a love song just to propose to their fiance. It's just what they like.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by chigoizie7(m): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

Correct, but sometime last year a chinsese man was arrested by the chinese police for constitutin a public nuisance while proposing to his gf and not informing the police about it.

I hope i made sense, if i dont,please correct me.

5 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by bettercreature(m): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2016
valdes00:
Both Public and Private, both na rubbish....
Jus giv her belle straight, n the rest is history
My thought exactly,proposing to a lady you have been fuccking from time immemorial is senseless in my book simply take her to your family if you like her and get the necessary things done

9 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:14am On Jan 21, 2016
chigoizie7:

Correct, but sometime last year a chinsese man was arrested by the chinese police for constitutin a public nuisance while proposing to his gf and not informing the police about it.

I hope i made sense, if i dont,please correct me.
Yea I forgot to add that. It depends on the kind you want to do.

If it's a proposal that will obstruct other people from going about their business then the person involved definitely has to involve the police.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2016
valdes00:
Both Public and Private, both na rubbish....
Jus giv her belle straight, n the rest is history
baba u no get joy atall oh..lolss

4 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:16am On Jan 21, 2016
bettercreature:
My thought exactly,proposing to a lady you have been fuccking from time immemorial is senseless in my book simply take her to your family if you like her and get the necessary things done
Even if you've fùcked a woman 100 times she still wants you to propose to her. It's not compulsory but courtesy demands it at least.

She's a woman,make her feel so.

So just do the needful and don't just jump into other arrangements because you both have been having sex. It won't take anything out of you.

7 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2016
bettercreature:
fuckinggg her doesn't make her ur wife.... U gats ask her weda she will accept u as a husband or just sexmate... That's marriage..

8 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

Public display of affection is not a decadence. As long as they don't constitute nuisance to the free flow of public activities in that area.

People rent crowds to help them sing a love song just to propose to their fiance. It's just what they like.
[/color][color=#990100]undecided dude.. Whaaaat?? PDA isn't decadence?? Jeeesuuus!

People kiss, touch themselves, and even go as far as having sex in public.. What else is PDA?? And you're saying it isn't decadence?? Jeeesuuu!! Wooow.. I have a lot of things to say on this.. But I'll just leave it at this, because you seem infected in a way undecided

Oooh now.. You expect the least(let's say that) form of PDA, which is the sight of people kissing on the street not to affect the flow of activities?? Wow man ! undecided

Okay fine.. They rent crowds to sing songs to their fiancee..that's different but correlated in a way grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Obioraaa:
[/color][color=#990100]undecided dude.. Whaaaat?? PDA isn't decadence?? Jeeesuuus!

People kiss, touch themselves, and even go as far as having sex in public.. What else is PDA?? And you're saying it isn't decadence?? Jeeesuuu!! Wooow.. I have a lot of things to say on this.. But I'll just leave it at this, because you seem infected in a way undecided

Oooh now.. You expect the least(let's say that) form of PDA, which is the sight of people kissing on the street not to affect the flow of activities?? Wow man ! undecided

Okay fine.. They rent crowds to sing songs to their fiancee..that's different but correlated in a way grin
Stop ranting and calm the fùck down. I'm talking about public proposals.

How does having sex in public transcend to public display of affection? undecided

If you see someone kissing,hugging or holding hands with his girlfriend in public,you should by all means look away and mind your fùckig business if you are not comfortable with it.

As for public proposals it's not a bad thing as long as they don't constitute nuisance. That's why somebody up there said something about getting permission from the authorities.

Stop getting worked up over how people live their love lives especially when it doesn't affect you in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

Stop ranting and calm the fùck down. I'm talking about public proposals.

How does having sex in public transcend to public display of affection? undecided

If you see someone kissing,hugging or holding hands with his girlfriend in public,you should by all means look away and mind your fùckig business if you are not comfortable with it.

As for public proposals it's not a bad thing as long as they don't constitute nuisance. That's why somebody up there said something about getting permission from the authorities.

Stop getting worked up over how people live their love lives especially when it doesn't affect you in any way.

shocked

you know what? Fine...

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by naijaboiy: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Obioraaa:
shocked

you know what? Fine...
gringrin

obiora you're cray!

Leave me alone mahn! grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

gringrin

obiora you're cray!

Leave me alone mahn! grin
angry that's how you committed PDA while asking your new faculty professor's daughter out abi??

No wonder you're supporting the whole thing.. undecided
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by natureem: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Private...you get the real answer

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2016
I keep telling people a private affair dan a public one

Any day ny time which one is crowd wen d marriage involves just d both of u

I dont trust men dat allows crowds in their affairs

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 21, 2016
Public proposal is like a movie, meant to amuse the crowd.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 21, 2016
I love it when the whole world is present. Dont ask me why smiley
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by valdes00(m): 10:49am On Jan 21, 2016
boboLIL:
baba u no get joy atall oh..lolss
Brother... No tym at all....
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by valdes00(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2016
bettercreature:
Right on point ....
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2016
They publicly show how much they love eachother,,, in the next 2months or so,,, they will secretly divorce..... Its becoming a public stunt dis days... Marriage is for two nt for three....

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by cruzita(f): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2016
I think I prefer it private both not just the both of us ,our families included.At least invite dem over ,decorate the house ,host a small party ,then call the girl over that u have something to tell her,switch off the lights and play a soft music in the background .let everyone hide and when she comes inside and u switch on the light ,she will be surprised at the decor and when she turns her back to you ,kneel down and call her name and she will turn and u do the needful.and then the family members can now clap from their hiding. isn't it perfect?

6 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 12:24am On Feb 04, 2016
I'm not a family to PDA.....
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Lordprez: 1:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Considering the level of indecisiveness protrayed by the females....

risking a lady turning me down in public or accepting my proposal just because people re cheering and clapping is just sheer stvpidity

for me, I'd propose with outmost secrecy. Maybe whilst taking a stroll on the beach, watching a beautiful sunset on a hilltop, watching titanic, in the shower taking a bath... pretty much anywhere no one else can influence her decision to marry me. We can always let the world know later

7 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by boboLIL(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2016
Lalasticlala help us push dis vehicle now....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? / What People Do Not Know About Ogbanje: Question People Ask / 6 Problems Only Big Butted Girls Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.