Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70205 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Charlieubochi: 11:55am On Jan 23, 2016
Maximus85:

Ask yourself.
Do i want to see him loving another woman?
How will he feel when he finds out you feel this way about him?
What if he is handsome, you got married to him, he had an accident and got deformed, would you divorce him?
OK, he's ugly but would you rather have him handsome but crippled?

Woooooooooos woman, appreciate what you have. It will surprise you that a woman out there is wishing to be where you are.

If you are as pretty as you said you are, what tha phuck were you doing till 32 before getting married? I sense you yourself must have serious attitudinal issues.

You're welcome.

The lady is clearly one of the gold digging women we see around. She is probably jobless and has a smelly attitude hence her singleness despite her "beauty" up till 32 years. You have no right to complain about a man that saved you from depression and has agreed to carry all that burden for the rest of his life. You should give him an award and get your head out of your ass because it's clear that's where it is.
FYI he probably has atleast two girlfriends. Just pray he doesn't divorce you while you still have your head stuck down there.
Bottomline: Apreciate what you have.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Dyt(f): 11:55am On Jan 23, 2016
solid3:

As u can see from my profile pix, I'm not doing bad. The meal u & I will have wld b d next I will use as my profile. Bet, after d taking out there shall b a taking home to ma bedroom. wink

I am not hungry the hungry kinda woman you see
Money not food
Ofcus
There will be a follow up after I have gotten a token of 20million naira cash from you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by old5kard(m): 11:55am On Jan 23, 2016
First of all you ve to look beyond his looks, learn to love him d way he is and careless about wat people say. Beauty is not everything. If you face d kind of problem and emotional trauma these wemen with handsome men are facing you wud wish to marry a gorilla instead of some of these handsome men. So tank God for wat u ve and be contented with wat u have

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by yerem: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=bennyrazz post=42224024]@op, you have a very big problem. Do you know what the problem is? the problem is "what people, friends and family think about you". Judging from your post, that led you to marry an ugly man @32. Deep down, you love him but people seems to give some kind of glare when both of you appear in public. Still yet, you are still wondering and thinking "What are people saying about my husband?" you are the problem @ scaredy. so you need to redevelop mentally and stop giving a damn about what people say or think[/quote

Don't mind that fool then why do u marry he in d first place becos of friend and family. In fact u are d best fool I never see or hear abt.. Look here marriage is for better n worst, rich n poor beaut n ugly like u said so my dear love ur husband d God loves u.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mbjsuki(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Please buy him a mask!
End of story.. grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Its clear from this post & some replies that a lot of Nigerians dont marry for love. People fall in love for different reasons dt have nothing to do wt looks or wealth. The moment u start thinking only of looks when ur wt a guy, then he hasnt captured ur heart or ur attention. I have seen a lot of beauties marry ugly guys but they were head over heels in love. Obviously for other deeper reasons.

Ur clearly not in love wt ur husband, he hasnt even touched any part of ur heart dts why ur stuck on this shallow issue. I wish u all the best but i know if u get a little attn from an even uglier guy dt knows his way wt women and u connect with easily, u will cheat on this hubby of yours wt him. The problem in ur rltshp is not really his looks.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by nikz(f): 12:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
Then pls start. Don't be ashamed look around you and you will see that ugly men go for pretty wives. I would rather stay with a guy that licks d floor I walk on than one that beats and cheats on me. I will tell you a story about my friend, she got married to the man of her dreams, left her job and opened a school this man runs the sch now with another woman. She is left with nothing. So my dear I would advice you fall in love with your hubby and cherish him with your head held high no send for anybody.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by megama: 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
Kayoski:

I can't comprehend.

pls define ugly
sincerely you have a lover elsewhere. Period. embarassed
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by goldtooth: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

You claim to be beautiful. So how come at 32 you still were not married. I believe you allowed the beauty to get into your head and so were playing hard to get. Now you see the consequences.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by noblegrex: 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
You've got absolutely nothing to worry about.as long as you're married to him.the way you love and present him will make people respect him. What do you want to say about mide martins the actress.are you as beautiful as she is? Or your hus is as ugly as hers. Afeezz abiodun.be confident and shun his looks. I quite understand though,its not easy to be sincere but you have to be confident of him.I mean very confident and proud of him. Shikena
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Kayoski(m): 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
megama:
sincerely you have a lover elsewhere. Period. embarassed
I don't understand..

I guess u didn't mean to quote me..
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Bimzu: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
my dear be proud of him yours is better it seems he loves u more than the the way u love him. All u need do is blend him always appreciate him when does anything for u help him look his best in terms of his clothing and neatness also pray to God to love him everyday after sometime u will thank God for having him in ur life.
All that glitters is not gold.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by tiny78(m): 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Annais:

Just my thoughts.

OP, love him. Love has a way of 'blinding' us to 'faults'.
you are correct
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by beautyann(f): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
Are you really matured?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by yusufibrahim(m): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Why not start with u been lucky u have a husband and a caring one for that matter ..........look at the best side of him others dont . And see him as handome too and he will always be ...
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Emasel(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Engrpj:

OP let me tell you the gospel truth. if u were also as ugly as your husband is, am sure you won't be ashamed of walking with him, the reason you are ashamed is because you are proud of your beauty, you acknowledge that you are very beautiful and I strongly believe that is what stop you from getting married early cos you were sampling and selecting Guyz coming your way . So the only thing to do is learn to forget that you are pretty, love your husband and dress him well to your taste when going out.... thank me later

Please check ur mail, I sent you a PM.I need your assistance.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by epospiky(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

Did you loose you sight before getting married to him?...I mean didn't you know that he is "ugly" before you two got married? I kinda think you didn't really love him and still don't. Just on advice for you...build on the LOVE and that encompasses eliminating the shame and other stuff.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by josite: 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
lovingly go to work on him.when ugly girl has fina manners and fine skin,we men sometimes prefer them.get his skin beautiful.no matter how ugly a babe has.when u discover she has some real nice ass and ass texure,men u want am again and again.kai i jus remember that lady lawyer.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by unphilaz(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:
Stop worrying what others think. Quit being a people pleaser.
note this lady
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by KaBabs1: 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

seek help with a therapist who has a good reputation of you can afford one. the sessions will help find the root of your problem and will help you in ways you couldn't have imagined
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by solid3(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
Dyt:

I am not hungry the hungry kinda woman you see
Money not food
Ofcus
There will be a follow up after I have gotten a token of 20million naira cash from you

20million what for how many years? Don dodon make me vex o. angry U know I'm a stammerer. sad

Is ur name Maima and did I tell u I'm uncle Akin?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Williflezy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
He treat u well,y r u worried because of d wowo face nw
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Jh0wsef(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
undecidedThis was a touching story sad until I saw 'mine' own.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Lordnewton1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
marrage is also for "Fine or ugly" till death do u part tongue

and if he has money then he is a fine boy
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by drperfect: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Is your husband as ugly as Oshiomole? Are you as beautiful as Iara ?.....if NO. Shut up and quickly organise a thanksgiving next Sunday and appreciate God for this wonderful, irreplaceable gift.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Duru009(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
The earliar u ar proud of him. The better.

U hav made ur decision......

Marriage its for life....
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Dyt(f): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
solid3:

20million what for how many years? Don dodon make me vex o. angry U know I'm a stammerer. sad

Is ur name Maima and did I tell u I'm uncle Akin?

And true I have something for stammerers oo
Chai

20million is nothing na
You want body
I want money
2 don ge 4
Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Godsgal:
Op. I can bet u're not as pretty as star actress Mide-Funmi Martins who got married to fellow actor Hafiz Owo. The guy is damn ugly & trust coleagues & fans 2 wag their tongues...buh gudnews is dat She knows wat she wants in a man so she bluntly told everyone who cared 2 listen online that He was her choice & there was nothin anyone culd do about it... Now dats a woman with a very high level of self esteem...take a cue from her.
hi cant seem to reply ur Msg,i think nairaland message system is bad.....tweet at kallmemrb
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Fawklicant: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Ndo, its your cross to bear, at least you got what you wanted...marriage...

Now give him what he wants..
Be proud of him in public embarassed

Which hair do you want? Brazillian, indian? This your comment sweet me no be small. kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by GatJokez(f): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.

Stories like Beauty and the Beast teach us that external looks do not matter when we truly love someone. Be proud of his inner beauty, which is much more handsome than external looks. Also, maybe encourage a lil change of style to complement his inner beauty. Like a nice gift of a different shirt, for example.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Kaylexzy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
playtheblues:
Even OBJ and Tinubu.

Lol....

Add Oshiomole grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What If You Caught Your Husband Doing This (picture) / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Wife Drags Cheating Husband By His Joystick After Catching Him In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.