Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70087 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Maximus85(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

Ask yourself.
Do i want to see him loving another woman?
How will he feel when he finds out you feel this way about him?
What if he is handsome, you got married to him, he had an accident and got deformed, would you divorce him?
OK, he's ugly but would you rather have him handsome but crippled?

Woooooooooos woman, appreciate what you have. It will surprise you that a woman out there is wishing to be where you are.

If you are as pretty as you said you are, what tha phuck were you doing till 32 before getting married? I sense you yourself must have serious attitudinal issues.

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Ayauche(f): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2016
U dnt love him at all, u only married him out of desperation. My candid advise is 4 u to start loving him, by the time u luv am finish, u no go see that ugliness again.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by uchejames2(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2016
U that is saying someone is ugly, is there anybody u created with your own hand.. Bring he or she out let's access to see how handsome or beautiful he or she is.. So you are saying God made a mistake every beauty lies inside the heart.. The face is a killer..
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Tonason: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2016
Take away the mentality and see him differently from the angle of his kindness and you will see his handsomeness. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Appreciate your husband for what he is and be proud of him and you see his handsome. Your husband is who you think he is and not what people say. Buy him some clothes that will make him look more good. Stop that attitude, be a woman and not a girl.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by sandraokosun1: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
my dear no couple is perfect, they come with one imperfection, those ones u envy might have theirs beating them at home, or a sore or health disorder they use clothes to cover etc at the end its all show up of the outward with packaging that matters.
U have d best, which is at home, and the shame u feel is only of the mind, change ur inferiority complex, the moment u start shifting urself frm him when he is trying to get on with u, thats when its start looking weird to the people around u that something is strange and they observe ur fears and want to laugh at u guys.

When u together, attach to him, gist with him, smile with him, laugh with him so hard and try to be so engrossed in that discussion with laughs, believe me people would start wanting to knw a piece of that gist u both are having, people would start seeing u both as cool, and wish their dry boring spouse could be half as u.
Do that again and again, they would shift focus off u to even jealousy.
Ur spouce cant be half ugly as oshomole,uduaghan who is people dream man.
Its about packaging.
Help him dress decent, and if possible find him good cream nt necessairly bleach, i mean cream for his completion that brightens him up

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Meritocracy: 7:34am On Jan 23, 2016
Consult doctor to cut off the ugly part and stitch even his head. Yeye wife why all so called handsome you have met didn't marry you or is he the one that disvirgin you. Hope his kongi not urgly or you cover your face why doing it. Your arrogant will push you from frying pan to fire.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Barigaboy(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2016
Well I think I understand u. U have to take your eye off his look n think about what makes u love him. Plenty guys would love a girl becos she has a good habit not because she is the most beautiful. Some beautiful girls behave like animal n which will make millions of guys pass them bye without noticing them. Same goes to guys. M sure d man went tru a lot before u accepted to Marry him. How long will u shy away from d man who have chosen to love u no matter what. U will notice he wants to do everything u want n also funny too. Those r all d tinz u have to consider. For him to always wanna show u in public means he is proud of u. Not all those who go out with handsome husband that r enjoying their marriage. They also love to show case him in d public n hate to be with him indoor.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Corperadams: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2016
Dats d problem of human,,, ur problm is not his look, but u have takin him for granted because he have shown u love more dan what u deserve,,, let him give u a space and he will b d most handsome man u ever see,,,
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

Lemme see your pix to determine if you truly pretty
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ernecy(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2016
it's obvious that u married him for the money, u had no love for him. Op u are selfish
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kunyeo(m): 7:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Just imagine being a widow for a day!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Ochek: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

Try paying your bills with their faces or thinking or the feeling of shame.
Dear pretty sister, non of these ppl actually care about you. Enjoy your marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Cutehector(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims Shey u can see hw confused ladies could turn out to cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by thorpido(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2016
devour129:
I agree with everything above except the dressing him . Please leave him the way he is n only you will love him cos like you said he is a good guy. As soon as you clean him up plus his kind nature vultures will swoop . Love him the way he is , don't say no one told you .
Some men don't know how to dress up and a woman can brush them up.She wants her man to look good for her and that is important.
Not dressing up well because other women might get attracted is not a good mindset.It's like not driving a brand new car because other people might start staring at you.
A man who wants to start digging other women does not need to dress so smart before the women come.I speak as a man and i know.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ernecy(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Meritocracy:
Consult doctor to cut off the ugly part and stitch even his head. Yeye wife why all so called handsome you have met didn't marry you or is he the one that disvirgin you. Hope his kongi not urgly or you cover your face why doing it. Your arrogant will push you from frying pan to fire.
She is so annoying and u just killed it
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

haba no

Don't think he dosent know that u are not proud of associating with him in public. Ur body language would give u away without u even knowing. Ur lucky he's not yet angry and if his behaviour changes overnight even without u doing anything wrong, just know that's the reason. Since ur on the pretty side, ur kids would be pretty too. Remember, ur beauty woulld fade one day, would u want to be treated as a leper when that day comes? Do something immediately that would boost his ego or be around him more when next u go out so he won't be sure if what he has noticed is true. Dont worry, it gets better

Besides is he uglier than tinubu? And are u prettier than tinubu's wife? Certain things matter more than looks
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Babaji111(m): 7:54am On Jan 23, 2016
To me every woman is beautiful likewise every man.

Woman, you know what? Stop deceiving yourself. That is my simple advice.

When you were desperate to marry, you failed to recognize the fact that marriage is a sacrifice and also an act of giving someone your mind, body and soul for life.

PLS give him all the necessary love and attention you deem fit for him.....slowly you will start realising how handsome your husband is.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by HaneefahRN(f): 7:56am On Jan 23, 2016
zubby29:
my dear u r wise
Thank u
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by HaneefahRN(f): 7:58am On Jan 23, 2016
haffaze777:

70,000 likes for dis wonderful reply to a guy u quoted,I don't know why people will blame someone or desist someone for what he/she does not have power over
Abi nau. It's all vanity afterall, beautiful, handsome, not so goodlooking, whatever, all will be food for termites.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by haffaze777(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Abi nau. It's all vanity afterall, beautiful, handsome, not so goodlooking, whatever, all will be food for termites.

I wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by torddy4u(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

my little advice to u my sister is that now u r married n u r there to build the marriage in n out.
*he married u to compliment himself... since he is not handsome, he married to represent his other side that is not handsome.
*many r waiting out there for someone that they will call their own not minding how he may look like.... value what u have.
*Clean him up.....u r beautiful cuz he cleans u up, so u do d same...... eg.. if a mad woman is not clean up for 10yrs,imagine how she will look like.
*do not listen to ppl, because they have nothing to offer that will help ur married rather to destroy it..
*as a married woman, u get to drop some of ur friends n make ur husband as ur best friend n u will see the handsome said of him that will boast ur confidence out there.
*You r even lucky that he goes out with u that's an advantage or a benefit, some handsome guys like me don't often go out with my wife even as beautiful as she is, so that I can still attract.......
*Always pray that God should direct u in this marriage n read ur Bible.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
Cutehector:
Oliviaarims Shey u can see hw confused ladies could turn out to cheesy

Guys are worse... They bash ugly girls mercilessly!! Can u marry an ugly girl? I mean, real ugly.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

The only and the best option is to hang yourself and commit suicide.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kayrich16(m): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2016
Hmmmm.. Shoro niye undecided
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

U never learnt ur lesson
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by SURElee(f): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2016
Madam, u desperately got marred to an ugly man you say? I Want you to daily get on knees and thank God that that man you verbally called ugly, loves and dotes on you, treats you well. Do you how many women are married to tall, dark and handsome looking men that are in tears daily? Be grateful madam. I tell people to look beyond the physical attributes when life partner choices are to be made. Be grateful, cos ingratitude is a disease! Love that man, and make your marriage and family work.
God bless you and your home.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Youngpo413: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
handsome guys were everywhere,why didn't you marry one?well its not too late,you can still dump your husband and marry a cute guy of your choice...the shame will not go away no matter how you will try.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by babadem2much(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:
Stop worrying what others think. Quit being a people pleaser.

FIXED!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Cutehector(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Guys are worse... They bash ugly girls mercilessly!! Can u marry an ugly girl? I mean, real ugly.
it's not wise to marry out of pity..

U see, wisdom is everything. Am speaking for myself only cuz there are a lot of men dat get married to very ugly ladies. And me dats easily attracted to beauty and character, my wife just has to possess the good side of these factors.

And also, beauty they say, is in the eyes of the beholder, so my wife may be ugly to someone else but pretty in my sight.

With these points of mine, I am able to convince the panel of judges dat women are mor confused in life dan men, chikena grin

Loool, just kiddncheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by gideonvision: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2016
First you need find a space in your heart for his love, 2nd stop being ashamed that he is ugly if you love him you will not see him ugly,and who tell you,that you're beautiful
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ourchoice(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2016
chumakk:
Tell us the truth. Is he poor? It is only poor men that are ugly
The same question that came to my mind.

Which man can be uglier than:
1. Adams Oshiomhole
2. Olusegun Obasanjo
3. Bola Ahmed Tinubu

To add more....Mr Ibu, Seal, etc? and many super pretty/classy women are dying to have these men and they have plenty of them at their beck and call.

Jay Z isn't handsome but he's married to one of the most beautiful and most celebrated woman in the world today; Beyonce.

Kanye West isn't handsome but Kim Kardashian is madly in love with him.

Op, are you as pretty as Lara Oshiomhole, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Heidi Klum and co that loved ugly men proudly

Maybe you are even a below average looking lady but to u, u are a queen of the universe which is common with ladies in our land- always thinking that they are too pretty because John, Kareem, Obi, Adamu and Akpan who wanted to sleep with them told them they are the most pretty girl on earth...and so they go about feeling like Cinderela.

I don't blame you anyway....i blame life for giving you what u don't deserve...maybe you ought to have been the 5th babymama to one broke fineboy playboy, nansense!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by TaiKuun(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Pls are u the wife of Adams oshiomole

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.