Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo (28955 Views)

The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Osinbajo To Lead FG Fact-finding Team To Tompolo’s Home Base, Other N’delta Area / Niger Delta Avengers' Letter To Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by LRNZH(m): 4:55am On Jan 23, 2016
Sapele Olofofo wrote:

My Letter To Government Ekpemukpolo (A.K.A Tompolo).

I, Sapele Olofofo Unugbragada Avenue,
Sapele, Delta State.

Before I start I have a few questions for you sir.

1. Where did the Niger Delta Struggle go to in the last 6 years?

2. Why is there so much vandalization of oil facilities off late?

3. Is it true that you said the Federal Government can not arrest you? If it is true, I will advice you to have a rethink, because after God is government, and this is not Yaradua's or Goodlucks regme .

4. Is the allegations leveled on you true? If no, why have you not honoured your invitation, and if paraventure you went and they refused to show up, why can't you visit again after all you guys are very patient.

Thank you, permit me to roll in my mind on the issue on ground.

Before the emergence of
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as president, the likes of Ankio Briggs, Asari Dokubo, Opunabo
Nkot 'Tariah, Ledum Metee, Edwin Clark etc were always on Television telling Nigerians and
the world how the South-South has been marginalized by the North and the West despite
her oil.

By divine and metaphysical error,
Goodluck Jonathan from the South-South, the presumed Nazareth of Nigeria became the
president of Nigeria after
President Umaru Yaradua's death in 2009.

His emergence came as a joyous daybreak to end our age-long
marginalization .

There was a beacon light of hope for my region. Immediately, the Niger Delta struggle stumbled and died or gone Comatose.

The Niger Delta activists mentioned above became
Jonathan's spokespersons and abandoned the struggle.

In 2011, Nigerians, Hausa,
Yoruba, Igbo, Christians and muslims voted massively for Jonathan.

Thereafter, administrative thieves were appointed Ministers and head of federal institutions,

- Convicted criminals received presidential pardon.

- Militants were given contracts running into billions of Naira.

- Impunity and corruption
became the norm.

All these and many more
replaced the Niger Delta struggle for resource control.

The need for constant electricity, portable water, good health facilities, good road network, massive manpower
development etc went into oblivion.

Even the recent Ogoni UNEP report that would have changed the live of an average Ogoni man was not implemented by their regional brother - president.

Recall that NDDC was established by Olusegun Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Ministry of Niger and Amnesty Office was established by Late,
President Umaru Musa Yaradua, a Northerner.

Regrettably, this two federal agencies including NIMASA and NNPC became conduit pipes for
Jonathan's Wife, Nyesom Wike, Deziani Allison, Godswill Apkabio and many cronies of Jonathan
to rape and siphon funds meant for the development of the Niger
Delta region.

Credibility died. Equity died. Competence died.

Due process died. Conscience died.

And the Niger Delta
struggle died in their son's hand.

Former Governor Rotimi
Amaechi, knowing that the South - South may not have the opportunity of Producing the
President of Nigeria again cried out and they called him a betrayer.

They fought him with federal might and pushed him out of PDP, a replicate of what Joseph's brothers did when they sold him to the Ishmelites. But today Amaechi is laughing because they pushed him to stardom.

Even the East/ West road that was awarded by former President Obasanjo and inherited by
Yaradua and later Jonathan is still not completed.

Bayelsa State today does not have an airport or a strong federal government institution that can generate employment
opportunities for Bayelsa youths.

Few months to the Presidential election, Ankio Briggs, Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, Nyesom Wike, Tompolo Government, Kingsley Kuku, etc awaken the
Niger Delta struggle.

What a shame?

What an irony? For five years nobody heard them because they were swimming and sleeping on money.

When Goodluck Ebele Jonathan eventually contested and lost the 2015 Presidential election to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC,
the House of Assembly of all South-South states became a
compensation point for militants ( Former and Active).

Everything was done with the police and INEC to ensure that cronies of Jonathan and his wife were declared winners of the governorship and House of Assembly elections in the South-
South especially Rivers State and Bayelsa.

And if Jonathan had won the last election and ruled for another ten years, there won't be any hope for the actualization of the Niger Delta Struggle.

Go to Oloibiri and other villages in Ijaw land and see the level of environmental degradation yet
their son was president of Nigeria for six years.

People are living a stone-age life over there, no land to build a house, no pipe burn water, no hospital, no school and no road yet some people will seat in Abuja and Portharcourt collecting billions of Naira as Champions of the Niger Delta struggle.

As I pen down my thought, I know that we have eaten our cake and we may not have it back.

We had the opportunity but we messed it up.

If President Buhari remembers us, good, but if he forgets us, I will not complain.

And those who has decided to go back to the creeks and mangroves of Niger Delta to resume the
armed struggle and hostilities; should know that President Buhari has enough shoes to match them unlike Jonathan
who has no shoes.

Niger Delta will not boil, Tompolo should do the needful by making himself available for interrogation, if he is clean he would be left alone..

cc: Lalasticlala; Mynd44, Ishilove, Obinoscopy

167 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Blowing up pipelines to avoid arrest and prosecution. When the oil spills, whose land will be destroyed? Whose water bodies will be messed up? Who, other than a madman will set his house on fire to gain attention? There is no doubt that petroleum is Nigeria's main source of income, and destroying oil installations will compound the country's economic woes - an effective way of punishing the government of the day, but after all is said and done, the Niger deltans will live with the mess. GEJ no try at all, the one opportunity the Niger deltans had, he messed it big time.

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 23, 2016
JUNK

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 23, 2016
True talk!

There's nothing else to add

I know some re.t.ards will still come here and form defenders

Awon john Terry

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Tearg1: 6:03am On Jan 23, 2016
The souls of all those so called freedom fighters is Rotten....

They will never enjoy their ill gotten gains...

27 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by DaBullIT(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

I know some re.t.ards will still come here and form defenders

Awon john Terry grin cheesy

Na dem I find come o

Mumu pipu wey no get sense,

34 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by cameralaye(m): 6:17am On Jan 23, 2016
shocked[color=#550000][/color] nice one

1 Like

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by EHMIR(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2016
Meanwhile in some camp

GEJ is a hero

the fedora a hat wearing clueless man,looking like a drenched monster was/is a disgrace to leadership,he cant even point to any fundamental achievement on his own father's land,what a waste of space

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by georjay(m): 6:33am On Jan 23, 2016
one of my grouse with Gej is the fact that he couldn't establish resource control in Nigeria.as it seems to be what niger deltans crave for...yet niger deltans couldn't pester him to..maybe they did buh it wasn't enough...the militants who claimed to be fighting for the liberation of the niger delta ended up fighting for their pocket...after all the struggle..how many people benefited from the spoils...only militants and their warlords...what did the common nigerdeltan gain...nothing...its painful...to even think Jonathan couldn't influence his power in establishing structures in his state is annoying.. what was he thinking...prolly his kinsmen were only interested in their personal gain..they didn't care about the common niger deltan..now it has dawned on them...they just realized that need resource control... something their son couldn't give them... Even though i am not from ss but sw..i seriously hope for resource control in this country as it will make individual states to work hard..buh i dont see buhari implementing it...anyways
e go better

Ps: the vandalization of pipelines and other oil installations will not only affect the nigerian economy buh their land too...oil spills..land degradation will set in...and they will start blaming the government for something they brought upon themselves out of sheer ignorance...well i wish Niger deltans well sha

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by ehinmowo: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2016
very unbiase.

d fact is, no group in Nigeria has ever contended with d government fir d interest of d pple.

vandalisation has contributed emensely to environmental degradation in ND. oil companies in those regions give millions of naira to d pple every month bt it never get to d hands of those that truely need it.

tompolo wants to use d heads of some fools to b a sacruficial lamb for his crimes all in d name of ND struggle.

20 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Sapele Olofofo shouldn't have wasted his time in addressing an open letter to Tompolo who is nothing but a walking corpse.

13 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by gozmok1(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2016
the dullard should arrest shekau first

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Teddeebear: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2016
all these yorubas and their mentality self …

time will tell …

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Ishilove: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2016
Home truth.

I'm from the South-South yet I can't point out any reasonable development project in my area. Rather, it is private individuals working in oil companies electrifying the houses, building roads, sending kids on scholarships, sponsoring small businesses. Meanwhile, the government is supposedly paying multi-millions to our 'leaders'. Useless elders.

These idiot militants and their leaders need to be jailed for a long time because I don't see their usefulness in the struggle.

The era of impunity is over. Anyone that says they are above the law should be dealt with in a military fashion, human rights be damned because when their human rights were respected we were suffering.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by pedrilo: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2016
Very true. I'm ND but I hate how these people use the misfortune of our region for their personal interest, PMB shud help us deal with them very wel.

24 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by georjay(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2016
Teddeebear:
one spotted,

their pride is killing them

smh
una no go learn

2 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Teddeebear: 7:25am On Jan 23, 2016
georjay:

smh una no go learn
tongue
georjay:

smh una no go learn
wetin i go learn apart from pride
Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by espn(m): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2016
They know the truth but will still attack u OP!

6 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Aufbauh(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2016
I am seriously laughing in Ijaw language.... Gbaramatutututututu............... cheesy grin grin

Meanwhile in the ipod tongue this Sapele is a yeloba man sponsored by the lagos - ibadan media house.
@TonyeBarcanista i can see the difference, you guys can't coexist as there are sharp contrast in your ideologies, norms and values.

16 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by omenka(m): 7:32am On Jan 23, 2016
The writer's diction might be poor, nevertheless, his message bears valuable significance.

Very important points he raised. I believe those who share no blood or ancestral links with Tompolo or Jonathan would be the first to attack the op and the writer.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by ionsman: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2016
I was watching Tv the other day and this Tompolo's issue was being discussed. One of the analysts said ,and I quote "Tompolo should be left alone after all it's our oil".I felt so ashamed. Some people need to be buried alive.

With the kind of mentality we have in this country, things might never be the same again. Now watch how this writer will be insulted for calling out a fellow Niger deltan. In Nigeria now, you receive insults for supporting good.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by omenka(m): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2016
Few months to the Presidential election, Ankio Briggs, Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, Nyesom Wike, Tompolo Government, Kingsley Kuku, etc awaken the Niger Delta struggle.

What a shame.

What an irony. For five years nobody heard
them because they were swimming and
sleeping on money.
Preach Sapele. Preach!!!

13 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by HiddenShadow: 7:38am On Jan 23, 2016
Nigerdeltans want their oil wells back

5 Likes

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by HiddenShadow: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2016
ionsman:
I was watching Tv the other day and this Tompolo's issue was being discussed. One of the analysts said ,and I quote "Tompolo should be left alone after all it's our oil".I felt so ashamed. Some people need to be buried alive.

With the kind of mentality we have in this country, things might never be the same again. Now watch how this writer will be insulted for calling out a fellow Niger deltan. In Nigeria now, you receive insults for supporting good.

Between Danjunma OBJ etc who illegally owns oil wells and Tompolo/militants who are the real thieves.?
Nigerdeltans want their oil wells back

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by omenka(m): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2016
gozmok1:
the dullard should arrest shekau first
I thought you people said the Clueless Ogogoro addict killed him. Should the dullard arrest his ghost

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo by Ishilove: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2016
omenka:
Always a pleasure ma'am.

When you gonna change this dp sef
I don't want to change it so that certain unpleasant elements here will not invade my cherished privacy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Henry Ikemefuna C. Obih - New CEO NNPC Downstream / Nigeria Asks Pilot Trainees In South Africa To Return Home / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Zimbabwe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.