Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? (8213 Views)

Only Slave Traders And Thieves Are Against Biafra Referendum- FFK / Nnamdi Kanu Is Sturbbon And British Bastard! / Biafrans Reacts to Petition Against Buhari And British-nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Nobody forced me to buy the phone.
Get the difference.
the whites aint forcing u right now too. but as we speak ryt now people are being murdered for very silly reasons.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
mallamseifaldin:
Usman Dan fodio never killed or force anybody to accept Islam....
His way of modest way of life compelled people to accept Islam.

Which history did you read bro?

The Sokoto Caliphate was founded on the blood of men.
He conquered the Hausa through Jihard.

http://www.britannica.com/biography/Usman-dan-Fodio
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Thanks for putting in the effort to respond to me its a honor wink
Am not talking about this topic am talking about most of your older post, there is a reason there is a name, nkiruka/ihunka
As for the points, colonization/almagation is history, how do we better ourselves now.

Colonization:
Physically history, but mentally no.

Amalgamation is alive and the consequences is the circle of blood.

How do we better ourselves?

I am convinced that the present structure will continue to fail.
We need to restructures politically and economically.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

the whites aint forcing u right now too. but as we speak ryt now people are being murdered for very silly reasons.

Come out in the open please.

Who is murdering people and what are the silly reasons?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Colonization:
Physically history, but mentally no.

Amalgamation is alive and the consequences is the circle of blood.

How do we better ourselves?

I am convinced that the present structure will continue to fail.
We need to restructures politically and economically.

Helloooo mental emancipation,
We can't claim to be victims of slavery/colonization any more.
More than restructuring structurally, we need to restructure ideologically
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Helloooo mental emancipation,
We can't claim to be victims of slavery/colonization any more.
More than restructuring structurally, we need to restructure ideologically

The structure played a great role in shaping our mental disposition.
The society we are nurtured is greatly influenced by the structure.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 12:16am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

Come out in the open please.

Who is murdering people and what are the silly reasons?
Islamic state muslims and their followers all over the world. Whats ur version of the story? You muslims always view events through a colored prism.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Pstlyecouture: 1:56am On Jan 24, 2016
few good men with courage to question the abominations of the British.... what a noble act from noblezone ...chat me via whatsapp 08162262663
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by onoja12: 5:28am On Jan 24, 2016
bro you got to be kidding me. I probably think you know nothing about slavery, infact the op is right to an extent the British did all kinds of evil, infact the ISIS guys are learning compared to what the British did

resty4:
Isis r islamic jahadists monsters wh british r civilized conquerors dat stopped slave trade.
Rmba William Wilberforce,Thomas Clerkson etc n british parliamentary laws dat prohibits slavery?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:39am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

The structure played a great role in shaping our mental disposition.
The society we are nurtured is greatly influenced by the structure.

If you are unwilling to break away from your forefathers past, don't complain as the world leaves you behind.
Blaming slave trade/colonization for your present predicament is a shame
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

Islamic state muslims and their followers all over the world. Whats ur version of the story? You muslims always view events through a colored prism.

You are miles away from my context.
First, I am not a Moslem.

Also, in my post, I am not defending ISIS.
Rather than that, I am opening the can of warms of the British Slave Traders.

I am measuring the activities of the British in our lands with the same tapes being used to measure that of ISIS as at today.

The only difference between the two evil conquerors is this;

While ISIS is committing these crimes in the name of God, the British committed theirs in the name of their Majesties.

Else, both of them are of the same mission:
attack, subdue, annex and colonise.

Else where, I have stated that Islam is the colonisation tool of the Arabs.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

If you are unwilling to break away from your forefathers past, don't complain as the world leaves you behind.
Blaming slave trade/colonization for your present predicament is a shame

Are you kidding me?
This thread alone is a sign of my willingness to break away.

My forefathers were kept in bondage by the instruments of the structure. Breaking away from the structure is a great step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:02am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

Are you kidding me?
This thread alone is a sign of my willingness to break away.

My forefathers were kept in bondage by the instruments of the structure. Breaking away from the structure is a great step in the right direction.

Then stop complaining about colonization, you are not the one who was colonized.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2016
onoja12:
bro you got to be kidding me. I probably think you know nothing about slavery, infact the op is right to an extent the British did all kinds of evil, infact the ISIS guys are learning compared to what the British did

Don't blame him so much.

I can recall that in the history they taught us,
The brutish were our liberators, Mongo Park Discovered the river Niger for us, and Usman Dan Fodio slaughtered evil men to enthrone Godliness for us.
Our people had invented guns before the brutish Brutish came calling. Such were never taught in our history

Hahahahahaha.

They twisted the tales to their favour and destroyed our history.

We need to write own history And tell our own story.
That will a tool in freeing our generation from this mental prison.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Then stop complaining about colonization, you are not the one who was colonized.

I inherited colonisation bro.
I was flogged to learn the language of the colonial masters just like the Northern kids are forced to learn Arabic, the language of those who conquered them.

In school, I was asked to draw hoe and define farming. It made it appear as if I was learning something.

Today, our generation cannot produce our own food because we read Literature in Agriculture rather than studying Agriculture. We can't produce our food because we are "educated".

Our system of government and choosing of leaders were removed while theirs was imposed on us.

Today, we kill one another over the drag for leadership position.

It is terrible.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:24am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

I inherited colonisation bro.
I was flogged to learn the language of the colonial masters just like the Northern kids are forced to learn Arabic, the language of those who conquered them.

In school, I was asked to draw hoe and define farming. It made it appear as if I was learning something.

Today, our generation cannot produce our own food because we read Literature in Agriculture rather than studying Agriculture. We can't produce our food because we are "educated".

Our system of government and choosing of leaders were removed while theirs was imposed on us.

Today, we kill one another over the drag for leadership position.

It is terrible.

You are a man now, are you still being flogged,
My friend blank out those memories and forge a more pleasant path for yourselves, moreover those things you were taught were also taught to other successful nations
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Amoto94(m): 6:39am On Jan 24, 2016
I never wanted to reply you but due to lots of falsehood being written by you it has become imperative on me to refute your claims. Usman Dan Fodio didn't bring Islam to Northern Nigeria or the Hausas. The Hausas have already accepted Islam way before Dan Fodio's great-grand-father was born, he only revived Islam in Hausa lands. Secondly, Islam is not the religion of Arabs, Islam is the religion for the whole of mankind as stated in the two books that Muslims take from.
As for you blaming British slave traders it is absolutely out of place, because it was our fore-brothers out of greed, jealousy and hatred for their likes that facilitated slave trade and partook in the business. The British slave traders only exported them to work in their plantations- they're not entirely to be blamed for those episodes. Let's look inward and solve our problems

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Sealeddeal(m): 6:44am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:
were u forced to accept the british religion and way of life?
we were actually forced. In fact, if not for the presence of british soldiers and their protection offered to missionaries,they would have been totally killed in East and North.Their presence also scared alot of people who felt that joining christianity will save them. E.g was HRH Igwe Idigo of Aguleri who led his subjects to join Roman catholic so as to please British. Every religion thrive with violence,discrimination and persecution.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2016
Amoto94:
I never wanted to reply you but due to lots of falsehood being written by you it has become imperative on me to refute your claims. Usman Dan Fodio didn't bring Islam to Northern Nigeria or the Hausas. The Hausas have already accepted Islam way before Dan Fodio's great-grand-father was born, he only revived Islam in Hausa lands. Secondly, Islam is not the religion of Arabs, Islam is the religion for the whole of mankind as stated in the two books that Muslims take from.
As for you blaming British slave traders it is absolutely out of place, because it was our fore-brothers out of greed, jealousy and hatred for their likes that facilitated slave trade and partook in the business. The British slave traders only exported them to work in their plantations- they're not entirely to be blamed for those episodes. Let's look inward and solve our problems

Whether Usman Dan Fodio brought Islam or revived it is inconsequential. He made Rivers of blood in the North and enthroned the Caliphate and Emirates.

He fought Jihard which is Terrorism in the name of God.

As for Islam being religion of the whole world, that is your personal opinion based on your personal convictions.

I don't believe in your books nor in your so called Prophet.

Islam is a political movement of the Arabs sugar coated with religious fanfare just to deceive the gullible.

Wake up from you delusion.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You are a man now, are you still being flogged,
My friend blank out those memories and forge a more pleasant path for yourselves, moreover those things you were taught were also taught to other successful nations

You don't get it right?

The system we have is the colonial system that has kept us as mental slaves.
Our language is dying if not dead.

Here we are communicating in the language of our task masters.

Our identity is gone and our ingenuity destroyed.

Our drugs are called "traditional", so we import from them,

Bros, we are raising a consciousness for African liberation.

We are not yet independent.

They are still calling the shots and dictating the pace. It is called indirect rule.

They interfere in our economies and governments, manipulating us to their favour.

Am I hipping all the blames on in them? No sir.

We are part of the problems, we are playing a very important role in the whole madness.

We are willing to be exploited.

It takes a willing slave to make a willing task master.

We need to changed the systems into something that is workable.
From the political system, to the educational to economical.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:32am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

You don't get it right?

The system we have is the colonial system that has kept us as mental slaves.
Our language is dying if not dead.

Here we are communicating in the language of our task masters.

Our identity is gone and our ingenuity destroyed.

Our drugs are called "traditional", so we import from them,

Bros, we are raising a consciousness for African liberation.

We are not yet independent.

They are still calling the shots and dictating the pace. It is called indirect rule.

They interfere in our economies and governments, manipulating us to their favour.

Am I hipping all the blames on in them? No sir.

We are part of the problems, we are playing a very important role in the whole madness.

We are willing to be exploited.

It takes a willing slave to make a willing task master.

We need to changed the systems into something that is workable.
From the political system, to the educational to economical.
from my point of view, I don't see any problem,
our forefathers were colonized and gained freedom, so where many other countries,
we cant continue living on selfpity. we must forge a path for ourselves.
we need to break free from greed, hatred , pity, bitterness and laziness then we can be said to have evolved.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

from my point of view, I don't see any problem,
our forefathers were colonized and gained freedom, so where many other countries,
we cant continue living on selfpity. we must forge a path for ourselves.
we need to break free from greed, hatred , pity, bitterness and laziness then we can be said to have evolved.

I am not indulging in self pity.
I am rather soaring in self recognition and self determination.

Our fathers were colonised both physically and mentally. They gain physical freedom without the mental.

Mental slavery is a legacy they unknowingly left us

We were brought up to know we are. inferior. We are weak in every aspect of human existence on the earth. We cant help ourselves.

We are on the same page on the need for mental freedom but our approach is different.

Something Is wrong with the system We inherited. That us why our Engineers are bankers, our lab scientists are building contractors and our Agriculturists are looking for money to buy food.

Shame!

It is time for Mental Revolution.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

I am not indulging in self pity.
I am rather soaring in self recognition and self determination.

Our fathers were colonised both physically and mentally. They gain physical freedom without the mental.

Mental slavery is a legacy they unknowingly left us

We were brought up to know we are. inferior. We are weak in every aspect of human existence on the earth. We cant help ourselves.

We are on the same page on the need for mental freedom but our approach is different.

Something Is wrong with the system We inherited. That us why our Engineers are bankers, our lab scientists are building contractors and our Agriculturists are looking for money to buy food.

Shame!

It is time for Mental Revolution.

That's the message i've been passing all along until we are mentally free, we will see the world from a loopsided angle. while you are it equally add freedom from negative emotions.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

That's the message i've been passing all along until we are mentally free, we will see the world from a loopsided angle. while you are it equally add freedom from negative emotions.

Words change in meaning when situation and circumstances change.

So, my understanding of Mental Freedom mighty be different from yours.

For example, I am convinced that our system of education need to be overhauled. The current
system pays more attention to the English language and the definitions of professional words, but end of leaving the students with uncreative minds.

I think we need to expand this discussion.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

Words change in meaning when situation and circumstances change.

So, my understanding of Mental Freedom mighty be different from yours.

I think we need to expand this discussion.

Be my host
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Amoto94(m): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

Whether Usman Dan Fodio brought Islam or revived it is inconsequential. He made Rivers of blood in the North and enthroned the Caliphate and Emirates.

He fought Jihard which is Terrorism in the name of God.

As for Islam being religion of the whole world, that is your personal opinion based on your personal convictions.

I don't believe in your books nor in your so called Prophet.

Islam is a political movement of the Arabs sugar coated with religious fanfare just to deceive the gullible.

Wake up from you delusion.

Know your level before you discuss about matters of which you virtually know nothing about. Your emotional rants won't push away the truth and replace it with falsehood. Islam as a religion is meant for all not a tool fabricated by Arabs. I was not forced by any Arab to become a Muslim and neither were my parents and other than them. Usman Dan Fodio did what he did under a different circumstance as compared to what we have today. He was oppressed as well as his followers, and he had the strength to repel the harm without much harm and the end of it all sanity was restored till the coming of colonialists that destroyed most of what he laid down. Like I use to tell others I'm not against anybody that wants to emancipate him/her self from mental slavery but don't spread falsehood in the process in order to drive home a point.
Some of your other submissions were quite in order for instance the issue of overhauling the education system and promoting the good side of our culture like language, medicine, history and mode of dressing etc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Amoto94:
Know your level before you discuss about matters of which you virtually know nothing about. Your emotional rants won't push away the truth and replace it with falsehood. Islam as a religion is meant for all not a tool fabricated by Arabs. I was not forced by any Arab to become a Muslim and neither were my parents and other than them. Usman Dan Fodio did what he did under a different circumstance as compared to what we have today. He was oppressed as well as his followers, and he had the strength to repel the harm without much harm and the end of it all sanity was restored till the coming of colonialists that destroyed most of what he laid down. Like I use to tell others I'm not against anybody that wants to emancipate him/her self from mental slavery but don't spread falsehood in the process in order to drive home a point.
Some of your other submissions were quite in order for instance the issue of overhauling the education system and promoting the good side of our culture like language, medicine, history and mode of dressing etc.

See as you are playing with words.

"He was able to repel the harm without much harm".

There is nothing hiding about Mohammad and his Sword. He left blood trails Where ever he went. And all his faithful followers walk in dame part.

Tell, me, want is the punishment for apostasy? Like a Moslem converting to Christianity.

What Shekau did and what ISIS is doing are not different from what Dan Fodio did and what Mohammad. did.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Amoto94(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
noblezone:

See as you are playing with words.

"He was able to repel the harm without much harm".

There is nothing hiding about Mohammad and his Sword. He left blood trails Where ever he went. And all his faithful followers walk in dame part.

Tell, me, want is the punishment for apostasy? Like a Moslem converting to Christianity.

What Shekau did and what ISIS is doing are not different from what Dan Fodio did and what Mohammad. did.

I will assume that you're ignorant or probably high on dosage of Islamophobic articles written by evil-minded individuals who profits from Islamophobic multi-million dollar industry. The religion of Islam is a religion ordained for mankind by The Lord of seven heavens and earth and above his throne and free from the accusations of the liars and those hellbent from spreading mischief on earth. Let ask you this, do you what's called khawarij? I bet you don't know (though I don't gamble) The creed of terrorist groups liki boko haram, daesh, el-shabbab is that of khawarij (renegades). For more insights about the true message of Islam visit the following authentic Islamic websites- https:islaam.ca https://spubs.com https://islamagainstextremism.com https://salafitalk.net
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Amoto94:
I will assume that you're ignorant or probably high on dosage of Islamophobic articles written by evil-minded individuals who profits from Islamophobic multi-million dollar industry. The religion of Islam is a religion ordained for mankind by The Lord of seven heavens and earth and above his throne and free from the accusations of the liars and those hellbent from spreading mischief on earth. Let ask you this, do you what's called khawarij? I bet you don't know (though I don't gamble) The creed of terrorist groups liki boko haram, daesh, el-shabbab is that of khawarij (renegades). For more insights about the true message of Islam visit the following authentic Islamic websites- https:islaam.ca https://spubs.com https://islamagainstextremism.com https://salafitalk.net
Lol. I've been viewing from the sidelines but I don't just understand this. Help me with this. If you want to understand any Religion which is better to read, their manual eg., bible and Koran, or their interpretations by men and women?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Amoto94(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I've been viewing from the sidelines but I don't just understand this. Help me with this. If you want to understand any Religion which is better to read, their manual eg., bible and Koran, or their interpretations by men and women?
in Islam we derive our message from the Quran, Hadiths and the consensus of scholars that have firm understanding and trustworthy. The Quran is a message that needs interpretation and there is this field in Islamic Studies called tafsir (exegesis/explanations) and there are specialists in this field that helps one to understand the message. There are other fields as well that deals with various aspects of the religion. There are some scholars that are deviants or half-baked those are not to be taken from and warned against.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Amoto94:

I asked a simple question you ignored it.

What is the punishment for apostasy in Islam?
or your own Islam is different?

See I am very open minded. I am willing to discuss.

By the way, I have read the Koran, cover to cover and I felt the pulse of Mohammed's heart bit.

The man was brutal in judgement and arrogantly appointed himself as the judge of "sinners" who refused to convert to Islam.

They either convert or

agree to live as second class citizens and pay tax or be executed.

Am I suffering. from Islamaphobia? Yes!
Every normal man on the earth should be.

Where has there been religious violence on this earth as at today, and Islam is not involved?

That someone, cartooned Islam in far away Denmark. innocent people were killed in Nigeria by Islamists.

The spirit in Islam is a very wild and violent one.

It's time you stop lying to self.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Amoto94:
in Islam we derive our message from the Quran, Hadiths and the consensus of scholars that have firm understanding and trustworthy. The Quran is a message that needs interpretation and there is this field in Islamic Studies called tafsir (exegesis/explanations) and there are specialists in this field that helps one to understand the message. There are other fields as well that deals with various aspects of the religion. There are some scholars that are deviants or half-baked those are not to be taken from and warned against.
So how then do we know whose interpretation is correct?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BIAFRA "Nnamdi Kanu" Is Back From Hideouts With Convoy of cars (pics, video) / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill South Africans Over Xenophobic Attacks / Governor Umahi: Ebubeagu Has Come To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.