Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). (26499 Views)

Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by tpiar: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

My sister am a Christian, I don't have sex with women because it is a sin and I don't like to talk about sex.

God bless you.

Jesu.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:
Wowzers...haha.

OP, I for one support you. There's no arguing the sheer agreeability and complacency of inanimate objects when compared to the complexity of the human species, man, woman. Go ahead and grow your business, acquire the object(s) most dear to you; buy your house and live the life of quiet, peaceful solitude you imagine and so desire for yourself. It's your choice and you're 100% entitled to it.

You shouldn't let anyone strong-arm you into anything you don't want, least of all marriage. It certainly is scary to embark and isn't for everyone. Understand that you're not alone in sharing this opinon with many a man and woman around the world. At 38, I suppose you've established your opinons as clearly as you've outlined it here, and if your family and/or community are still pressuring you, I reckon it likely won't be long now before they stop and finally get the message.

The best of luck and happiness with you.

Thanks a lot and God bless you. Frankly speaking I have decided not to talk much about it anymore.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

Sounds serious if it bothers you enough to consider opening a thread about it. Biko, wetin you watch?

Let me digress a bit. I watched a video about prostitution in Europe and I saw that large percentage of these young women were horribly forced into that act.

Some were kidnapped, some deceived and forced into prostitution, some were forced to become junkie by forcibly injecting them with hard drugs, to keep getting the shot they have to prostitute to get money.

Some are being sold like chicken and goats, and are killed anyhow. I kept wondering WHAT IS EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT/POLICE DOING ABOUT THIS HEINOUS CRIME THAT ARE BEING COMMITTED IN THEIR VICINITY?
CAN'T THEY FISH OUT THE ONES THAT WERE FORCED AND RETURN THEM BACK TO AFRICA?

In some places police are bribed by the racket organizing the slavery.

God it was horrible. I nearly vomited.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

Let me digress a bit. I watched a video about prostitution in Europe and I saw that large percentage of these young women were horribly forced into that act.

Some were kidnapped, some deceived and forced into prostitution, some were forced to become junkie by forcibly injecting them with hard drugs, to keep getting the shot they have to prostitute to get money.

Some are being sold like chicken and goats, and are killed anyhow. I kept wondering WHAT IS EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT/POLICE DOING ABOUT THIS HEINOUS CRIME THAT ARE BEING COMMITTED IN THEIR VICINITY?
CAN'T THEY FISH OUT THE ONES THAT WERE FORCED AND RETURN THEM BACK TO AFRICA?

In some places police are bribed by the racket organizing the slavery.

God it was horrible. I nearly vomited.

Yes, it is horrible. I saw a CNN documentary on something similar about 3years ago. It's mostly eastern europe and it's crazy that they still operate almost freely. Truth is many big shots in those countries have a stake in the operations, so apart from police taking bribes and looking the other way, the policeman who really wants to do his job is practically handicapped. It's a labyrinth of madness and murder, I tell you.
It's reAlly a complex industry.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 02, 2016
ColinAdua:

Thanks a lot and God bless you. Frankly speaking I have decided not to talk much about it anymore.

Your call.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by cognize: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
plappville:

Only a baby minded teen would write such things about women.

A real man would not. You know what i mean.

Walking out....
WHO IS A REAL MAN?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:24am On Apr 07, 2016
ColinAdua, 2016 and you still are a selfish bigot, LoL. When are you going to learn how not to be selfish?

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
LordReed:
ColinAdua, 2016 and you still are a selfish bigot, LoL. When are you going to learn how not to be selfish?

Sooooo LATE!! When talk don finish!

Well welcome bro.

God bless you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
The decision to stay single forever, has brought so much happiness to my life.

I have a lot of alone deep thinking, planning, designing and meditating time.

My life is so straight forward, predictable, cluster and clutter free. Just get up and go thing.

Oh Thank you Jesus!

What about respect and honor? People duff their caps for me.

But one of my Pastors, my closest Pastor, a single too even at 48, told me to stop telling people about my resolve.

And I agree with him.

AM SO HAPPY MAKING THIS DECISION. ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULT BUT BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE!

Marriage maybe good but definitely SINGLEHOOD is better.

Haha!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 12:14am On Apr 17, 2016
ColinAdua:

Sooooo LATE!! When talk don finish!

Well welcome bro.

God bless you.

Not too late to correct your selfishness.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by xendra: 12:56am On Apr 17, 2016
ColinAdua:

My sister [b] am a Christian, [/b]I don't have sex with women because it is a sin and I don't like to talk about sex.

God bless you.
Hmmm; I don't understand what people mean when they say these words anymore.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordReed:

Not too late to correct your selfishness.
Correct yourself first!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 6:29am On Apr 19, 2016
ColinAdua:

Correct yourself first!

After you...
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by PoorUgly(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 04, 2016
Check out what a wife did to her husband and decide whether a house can do that.

https://www.nairaland.com/3327794/wife-butchers-husband-ogun-marrying
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

Character / Abilities

Eloquence

Determination

Knowledge / Handicraft

Wisdom

How he treats others

The support and encouragement he can offer

Talents (e.g. Art, Sport)

Values

Cleanliness

Good manners

Politeness

Strength

All these are story for the birds.

Which Nigerian lady will look at a poorly dressed unkempt man two times talk less of giving him chance to find out whether he has all those silly qualities.?

And being well dressed costs money! Yes money!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
ColinAdua:

All these are story for the birds.

Which Nigerian lady will look at a poorly dressed unkempt man two times talk less of giving him chance to find out whether he has all those silly qualities.?

And being well dressed costs money! Yes money!

Fixed! wink
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
ColinAdua:
AM SO HAPPY MAKING THIS DECISION. ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULT BUT BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE!

Marriage maybe good but definitely SINGLEHOOD is better. Haha!
I wouldn't want to gainsay you belief about the decision you made to remain single. Although I have to point out that it is at best subjective. After a long spell single, I made the decision to be married, and I would likewise claim, with absolute sincerity, it was one of my best decisions ever.

I would also say that having tried both states, marriage is infinitely preferable. And, your being single is a state, thus, your claim is only good in the immediacy of that claim. You could well change both your mind and your tune tomorrow?

As for a house being better, I have both, and whilst the house has it's uses, there are somethings Mama does that I'd happily live in a field for cool lipsrsealed.

On a more serious note, I absolutely get that in some ways a studied spirituality and focus on God is much more readily available when single. However, one can have a wife and still pursue that same devotion to a degree, but not vice-versa.

Further, "marriage" is the default for Christians, and most of society still. One need not hear to marry (as opposed to whom to marry), but one should certainly be sure of the calling not to (even to delay it sef!).

Be very sure, and very clear before you preach it as either/or for everyone (man). It is not. Epp these girls na grin grin

TV
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
Mindfulness:

Fixed! wink

That settles it. Women wants money.
Because you need money to get well dressed.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
TV01:

I wouldn't want to gainsay you belief about the decision you made to remain single. Although I have to point out that it is at best subjective. After a long spell single, I made the decision to be married, and I would likewise claim, with absolute sincerity, it was one of my best decisions ever.

I would also say that having tried both states, marriage is infinitely preferable. And, your being single is a state, thus, your claim is only good in the immediacy of that claim. You could well change both your mind and your tune tomorrow?

As for a house being better, I have both, and whilst the house has it's uses, there are somethings Mama does that I'd happily live in a field for cool lipsrsealed.

On a more serious note, I absolutely get that in some ways a studied spirituality and focus on God is much more readily available when single. However, one can have a wife and still pursue that same devotion to a degree, but not vice-versa.

Further, "marriage" is the default for Christians, and most of society still. One need not hear to marry (as opposed to whom to marry), but one should certainly be sure of the calling not to (even to delay it sef!).

Be very sure, and very clear before you preach it as either/or for everyone (man). It is not. Epp these girls na grin grin

TV

I couldn't actually get your point or main target though.

But on the issue of "changing my mind", I don't think its possible. I dislike marriage, weddings, family, crowd with terrible dislike.

On House being better than a woman; I want to ask do you think madam will like to live in that field with you? And imagine you don't have that house just tell me the truth, how do you think your marriage will look like?

On marriage being a default for Christians; I think you're wrong. Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity didn't marry and preached its better to be single than married(Matthew 19 : 10 - 12). Apostle Paul didn't marry. Barnabas didn't marry, Timothy and Titus no record of their marriage in the Bible, hence its not necessary.

About being for every man; Jesus has answered that by saying "he that can receive it let him receive it" (Matthew 19 : 12 KJV).

About helping those girls; let them help themselves first. Nigerian ladies are so disrespectful, insulting, abusive, prideful and too full of themselves. Once they develop a pair of boobs and bums, adds fake eyelashes, fake hair, fake ass, and guys started looking at them twice, they feel the whole guys should come, bow down for them and lick their asses. NONSENSE!!!

Let them get manners first.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

That settles it. Women wants money.

Because you need money to get well dressed.

I need a man's money to get dressed? LOL
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

But on the issue of "changing my mind", I don't think its possible. I dislike marriage, weddings, family, crowd with terrible dislike.

On House being better than a woman; I want to ask do you think madam will like to live in that field with you? And imagine you don't have that house just tell me the truth, how do you think your marriage will look like?

On marriage being a default for Christians; I think you're wrong. Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity didn't marry and preached its better to be single than married(Matthew 19 : 10 - 12). Apostle Paul didn't marry. Barnabas didn't marry, Timothy and Titus no record of their marriage in the Bible, hence its not necessary.

About being for every man; Jesus has answered that by saying "he that can receive it let him receive it" (Matthew 19 : 12 KJV).

See how selective you are in the reading of the Bible. The same Matthew 19 you quote has this to say:

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Keep calling unclean what God has called clean.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
The op is possessed with unclean spirits.. Sorry op no offense ooo but thats the stark truth.. Quoting verses in the Bible to. Cover up his tracks..
Only him can save himself when he's ready to.

The most selfish topic have ever read... God forbid.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

Marriage - biblically and socially - is the default. And you are wrong to sell it as simply an "either/or" proposition for all (men). Some as you've noted may be called to singleness for a specific reason. But even that may only be for a time, so you are additionally wrong to make it sound as a decision taken at a point, and then permanently fixed.

I would go further and say Christians should assume marriage, unless they are sure they are called not to (for which they should be sure), or for some reason can't. But I would consider there would be few in this category.

On a personal level you may well have the calling to singleness. Be that because you were born with "no/little" desire, because you have the control to remain single, or, and not very likely, you were made or forced to be that way by men or circumstance Matthew 19-12. That does not mean you present "a calling as a choice" to the wider Christian body.

Your having a "terrible dislike", speaks to something of an issue with you personally. There is no need for antipathy between being married or single, or men and women.

I was also single for a season. Content and willing to keep myself if the right woman did not come along. I can categorically state that marriage is better. But that is still to a degree my subjective opinion, and not something I can present as determinative for the whole body.

And I was joking a little about the house and epping. There are marriageable sisters out there. You just need to be discerning and led, and maybe revisit some notions you hold.

You sound like a good chap, would you like some introductions grin?

TV

(...joking 0, not saying you haven't made the right choice for you)
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by PoorUgly(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
LordReed:

See how selective you are in the reading of the Bible. The same Matthew 19 you quote has this to say:

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Keep calling unclean what God has called clean.

Go to the CONCLUSION!

Which verse concludes JESUS CHRIST's discuss on marriage in this chapter? What did it say?

If you are ignorant kindly and humbly ask so you can be taught.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
Amelian:
The op is possessed with unclean spirits.. Sorry op no offense ooo but thats the stark truth.. Quoting verses in the Bible to. Cover up his tracks..

Thanks and God bless you.

But with this manners. I pity the weak guy that will spend his hard earned money to marry you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Amelian:

But with this manners.

I pity the weak guy that will WASTE his hard earned money to marry you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
ColinAdua:

But with this manners.

I pity the weak guy that will spend his hard earned money to marry you.

No one needs your pity.
Use it on yourself... Your pathetic.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
TV01:

Marriage - biblically and socially - is the default. And you are wrong to sell it as simply an "either/or" proposition for all (men). Some as you've noted may be called to singleness for a specific reason. But even that may only be for a time, so you are additionally wrong to make it sound as a decision taken at a point, and then permanently fixed.

I would go further and say Christians should assume marriage, unless they are sure they are called not to (for which they should be sure), or for some reason can't. But I would consider there would be few in this category.

On a personal level you may well have the calling to singleness. Be that because you were born with "no/little" desire, because you have the control to remain single, or, and not very likely, you were made or forced to be that way by men or circumstance Matthew 19-12. That does not mean you present "a calling as a choice" to the wider Christian body.

Your having a "terrible dislike", speaks to something of an issue with you personally. There is no need for antipathy between being married or single, or men and women.

I was also single for a season. Content and willing to keep myself if the right woman did not come along. I can categorically state that marriage is better. But that is still to a degree my subjective opinion, and not something I can present as determinative for the whole body.

And I was joking a little about the house and epping. There are marriageable sisters out there. You just need to be discerning and led, and maybe revisit some notions you hold.

You sound like a good chap, would you like some introductions grin?

TV

(...joking 0, not saying you haven't made the right choice for you)

As far as New testament (Christianity) is concerned marriage is NO LONGER A DEFAULT.

Have you actually gone through New Testament to see what it says about marriages.

Have you gone through 1 Corinthians Chapter 7?

Did you see something like this:
"But this I say, brethren, the time [is] short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none" verse 29.

And many more.

Have you asked yourself, why is it that in Heaven, there are;
1) Riches.
2) Houses (in fact mansions).
3) food and drinks.
4) good cloths.
5) Cars(Chariots of fire).

But there's no wife and marriage(Matthew 22:30).

Why do God deem it fit to provide all these things we call material things in His Kingdom for the saints but no marriage.?

My brother we pray every day "THY WILL BE DONE IN EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN".

Do you actually understand what it means?

My brother, marriage is NO LONGER NECESSARY!!!!!!!
"I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, [I say], that [it is] good for a man so to be." 1 Corinthians7:26 kjv.

And please for your information, AM NOT GOOD. Cos Jesus Christ says: " none [is] good, save one, [that is], God." Luke 18:19kjv.

Thanks.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
Amelian:

No one needs your pity. Use it on yourself... Your pathetic.

Your 'to be' husband really needs it greatly cos your manners are WHACK!
TERRIBLE!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

I need a man's money to get dressed? LOL

Which means you need money! Be truthful.

We guys knows.

So stop deceiving them with the talks that your prefers character.

We know that women don't care about a man's character as far as he drives RANGE ROVER SPORT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / Man Dies One Month After His Wedding In Plateau State (Photos) / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.