Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). (26489 Views)

Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
jashar:
cheesy grin
Colin the Chronic bachelor. Ride on jare.... the Apostle Paul of our generation.
But you should be propagating the gospel of Christ not singleness abi is it singlehood that it's called.

Paul spent his life preaching the gospel of Christ, you should do the same since you're sure marriage ain't for you.

The Lord's peace.

One more thing, I read somewhere where you wrote you're following what makes you happy. Isn't that selfish? wink
I also read where you said you're a Christian. Shouldn't you follow what makes God happy? smiley
May God have His way in us irrespective of whether or not we are happy.

That's the Gospel. smiley

Am preaching Christ already. Below is attached a picture of my tract, written by me, printed by my evangelical foundation.

It just that I prefer personal face to face evangelism. I don't like to hide behind screen and be preaching.
When I preach to you I will like you to see me well. So you can watch my life.

Yes! What makes me happy makes God happy.

God has revealed thru Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7: 26, that its good for us to remain as we are, singles. So if its good with God its good with me hence am happy with it.

Have a good day!

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
saintloveren:
URE very beautiful
Thank you smiley
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Timbuktuo: 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
ColinAdua:

God bless you very well. Your head dey very correct.

This is actually the summary of all I said. I just draw the long list to put a little sense of humour to it.

How did it warrant the abuses am getting from people I didn't address it to. Who claims good women?

eeeeh? God have mercy on the guys that will marry them.

God have mercy indeed. Most of the women here... smh
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Timbuktou:

1. How many of the bitter women in this thread have houses or would love a man enough to house him indefinitely?

2. What happens to the man's respect if he has to squat in his wife's house? There's no dignity for a man squatting in his wife's house.

I don't know, I was speaking for myself. There are many other reasons to respect a man other than money.

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by jashar(f): 6:55am On Jan 26, 2016
ColinAdua:

Am preaching Christ already. Below is attached a picture of my tract, written by me, printed by my evangelical foundation.

It just that I prefer personal face to face evangelism. I don't like to hide behind screen and be preaching.
When I preach to you I will like you to see me well. So you can watch my life.

Yes! What makes me happy makes God happy.

God has revealed thru Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7: 26, that its good for us to remain as we are, singles. So if its good with God its good with me hence am happy with it.

Have a good day!

Remember Paul said in the very passage from which you quoted that it was his opinion not the Lord's. cheesy.

Also, when it comes to the issue of marriage, we ought to refer to the beginning when God Himself expressly said ,'Gen 2:18'. grin.
But then the Lord also said in Matt 19:12.
My conclusion is this. What ever the Lord has called you to be, be it.
Everyone should run the race ahead of him/her and not try to make anyone else run a particular race outside of what God has planned before time began.

Shalom aleichem.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2016
I see a chronic wankker...
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2016
jashar:

Remember Paul said in the very passage from which you quoted that it was his opinion not the Lord's. cheesy.

Also, when it comes to the issue of marriage, we ought to refer to the beginning when God Himself expressly said ,'Gen 2:18'. grin.
But then the Lord also said in Matt 19:12.
My conclusion is this. What ever the Lord has called you to be, be it.
Everyone should run the race ahead of him/her and not try to make anyone else run a particular race outside of what God has planned before time began.

Shalom aleichem.

We might think its Paul's opinion but note two things;
1) Paul was filled and lead by the Holy Spirit, so if its his opinion it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

2) If God never endorsed that opinion, He would not have allowed it in His word.

Remember 1 Timothy 3:16(NKJV) says "All Scripture (including 1 Corinthians 7: 26) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

In Matthew 19:12 the Good Lord says "He who is able to accept it let him accept it." Accept what? Accept Celibacy.

Because his disciples had said to Him ".....it is better not to marry" verse 10. Verse 11, He says "all cannot accept this saying...," then verse 12, He summarized by saying "he who is able to accept it, let him accept it" Am able to accept it so I have accepted it.

Therefore, Apostle Paul is not only speaking from himself.

But its not by force, it should be by personal conviction.

Its what I wanted but I thought it was a sin or a disrespect to God's order, but when I became a Christian and found out from the scriptures that God accepts it I became happy and embraced it.

Thank you Jesus Christ.

Moreover, I didn't tell anyone not to marry, its my personal decision am not forcing it on anyone.

I said your house is better than a wife.

Have a great day!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2016
Cutehector:
I see a chronic wankker...

Do you know how many married men that are still wanking?

4 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
cococandy:

Thank you smiley
ITS MY PLEASURE, can i use ur picture as the background of my phone?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by cococandy(f): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
saintloveren:
ITS MY PLEASURE, can i use ur picture as the background of my phone?
no please.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
cococandy:
no please.
oh u break my heart, dnt u know ure my own celebrity?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
saintloveren:
oh u break my heart, dnt u know ure my own celebrity?

GUY PLEASE NOT ON MY THREAD!! TAKE IT TO OTHER THREADS. WEAK MEN THAT ALWAYS EMBARRASS ME.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS HERE AGAIN!

6 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by plappville(f): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

LOLs...... If I have low mentality and is ignorant, because I said your house is better and more useful than a wife, it means you too have low mentality and is also ignorant because you said above that a house is better than a husband.

Stop acting like a Clown. Go back and re read me. I said "IF" everyone is like you. We WILL say it the other way round. But we are not like u. Look at the rubbish you stated there. How can a true christian love material so much? shocked
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

GUY PLEASE NOT ON MY THREAD!! TAKE IT TO OTHER THREADS. WEAK MEN THAT ALWAYS EMBARRASS ME.

I love this guy. #plentyhomo
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2016
plappville:

Stop acting like a Clown. Go back and re read me. I said "IF" everyone is like you. We WILL say it the other way round. But we are not like u. Look at the rubbish you stated there. How can a true christian love material so much? shocked

Choose your words with a little politeness and wisdom, that's called MATURITY.

How old are you in the first place? I hope you are up 10years? Because you sound like a baby.

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by johnson232: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

am impressed...

the world really do need more of your likes.
wish adam was like this man, we wouldn't be in the mess we are today...
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by johnson232: 8:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't know, I was speaking for myself. There are many other reasons to respect a man other than money.
what other reasons?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by matrix600(m): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2016
I enjoy this write up no be small, i really admire the Op. Marriage is still very very important, but not for people like me. I no like women and their drama one bit.
@OP i hope u can withstand the pressure, the society go try to murder you, anyway i wish u all d best as me myself dey on d same journey
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
johnson232:

what other reasons?

Character / Abilities

Eloquence

Determination

Knowledge / Handicraft

Wisdom

How he treats others

The support and encouragement he can offer

Talents (e.g. Art, Sport)

Values

Cleanliness

Good manners

Politeness

Strength

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
matrix600:
I enjoy this write up no be small, i really admire the Op. Marriage is still very very important, but not for people like me. I no like women and their drama one bit.
@OP i hope u can withstand the pressure, the society go try to murder you, anyway i wish u all d best as me myself dey on d same journey

Thank you so much and God bless you.

I have very strong personality, I don't listen to people when I take decisions.

Moreover, the people that are criticizing wishes behind that they are as strong as me.

"You can't stand in the crowd and stand OUT" - Bob Gass

"Dare to be different, it brings lots of respect" - Colin Aduah
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by plappville(f): 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
ColinAdua:

Choose your words with a little politeness and wisdom, that's called MATURITY.

How old are you in the first place? I hope you are up 10years? Because you sound like a baby.

Only a baby minded teen would write such things about women.

A real man would not. You know what i mean.

Walking out....
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by johnson232: 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
plappville:

Only a baby minded teen would write such things about women.

A real man would not. You know what i mean.

Walking out...
what do mean?

so u don dey waka for nairaland, just because the op said he won't marry.... grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
See, let me be a bit straight forward. Men has lost the ALTA EGO image of the ALPHA MALE, that warranted our forefather's to be called lords and "Nna anyi" by the females.

And seemingly female obsession played a big part in this loss. All over the place females see us as sex craze animals to be disrespected and insulted.

They call us all manner of abusive derogatory names like PERVS, rapists, woman wrapper etc. and we kept on giving them reasons to abuse and embarrass us this way. Is it not time we did something to redeem our image?

My silent campaign is for men to regain get back our PRIME image as "THE MEN" and it involves developing, deep self control, deep and strong character devoid of any form of sexual obsession, and channel our energies, time, talents and treasure to things that matters like creativity, innovations, and investments.

No matter what, the world is not going to celebrate and honor us on the basis of wives we married or children we had but on the better society we built.

Great men of yesterday are not being remembered by the wives they had but by the change and a better society they built. People like Deng Xiaoping that turned China around, Lee Kuan Yew the man that built Singapore, Steve Jobs the man that built Apple, Ex American presidents that built their beautiful well developed nation and infrastructures, etc.

Nobody is going to remember our own Aliko Dangote because of the wive he married and children he had, but by the great business empire he built. Even Cletus Ibeto, a zealous real estate developer, people are going to remember him more by the houses(estates) and business empire he built than by the wive he married.

These men build great infrastructure that starts from houses.

So lets re-align our priorities and spend our energy on things that matter most and leave females alone with their unending drama.

The bad thing about female obsession is that it tends to hide behind the quest for marriage.

In my locality am well respected because of my deep mind your business strong character and an image devoid of female craziness, you can never see me standing or walking with females.

Even when I was at youth service years ago when I took this decision to keep away from females because their abuses and disrespect was becoming too much. One of my students came to me one day and asked "Sir, why is it that you are the only youth corper that always walk alone, other ones always walk with women?". I his eyes was filled with respect, and I grew ten feet taller. LOLs....

The bottom line is 'Please lets redeem our image'.

Thank you all and have a great night my guys.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by eyinjuege: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't know, I was speaking for myself. [/b]There are many other reasons to respect a man other than money[b].

Word!!!
Our society is now so warped that people believe you're worthy of respect only if you're rich. Unfortunate but true.
You see us celebrating thieves in power who have been stealing public coffers since time immemorial.
In those days, thieves used to be stoned and it was a shameful thing to be associated with such a person.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
eyinjuege:

Word!!!
Our society is now so warped that people believe you're worthy of respect only if you're rich. Unfortunate but true.

What do you expect of a society where more than 50 % live below the poverty line?

You see us celebrating thieves in power who have been stealing public coffers since time immemorial.

True.

In those days, thieves used to be stoned and it was a shameful thing to be associated with such a person.

Ok but we do not want to regress but progress.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

Character / Abilities

Eloquence

Determination

Knowledge / Handicraft

Wisdom

How he treats others

The support and encouragement he can offer

Talents (e.g. Art, Sport)

Values

Cleanliness

Good manners

Politeness

Strength

This traits should purchase the man some respect, but do they. Do women respect men with the above traits who are broke as fùck? The only time these things would make sense to most women is if the guy were already loaded. But if they had to choose between a broke Angel and a rich asshóle, we all know who wins.

So, I'd rather be broke and mean and rich and meaner. wink

2 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

This traits should purchase the man some respect, but do they. Do women respect men with the above traits who are broke as fùck? The only time these things would make sense to most women is if the guy were already loaded. But if they had to choose between a broke Angel and a rich asshóle, we all know who wins.

So, I'd rather be broke and mean and rich and meaner. wink

Dear Tim,

it very much depends on the woman. A wealthy woman does not need money from a man, she has her own.
We should also stop thinking in extremes. There is not only either rich or completely broke. There is something in between too.

And why not be rich and have a great character too?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

Dear Tim,

it very much depends on the woman. A wealthy woman does not need money from a man, she has her own.
We should also stop thinking in extremes. There is not only either rich or completely broke. There is something in between too.

And why not be rich and have a great character too?

And the wealthy women are mostly looking for wealthier guys. How many women do you see marrying men they are richer than and respecting him the way a man should be respected. Women like to look up to their man. I'm not saying there aren't happy, fulfilling relationships where the woman is richer, but thats the exception and not the rule.

Saying rich and broke my sound extremist but that's the main dichotomy; you want me to draw a Venn diagram to illustrate? This is an informal discussion not a statistics class. That said, many/most women would opt out of their marriages to be with richer guys if they could and many, in fact, do.

About being rich and having a great character, that's largely relative, and women just don't give a fùck once the guy is rich. Besides, it's better to be flexible; gentle with gentle people, tough with tough people.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is someone who has failed in all the relationships he's had giving himself some thread of hope to hang onto...Loser grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

And the wealthy women are mostly looking for wealthier guys. How many women do you see marrying men they are richer than and respecting him the way a man should be respected. Women like to look up to their man. I'm not saying there aren't happy, fulfilling relationships where the woman is richer, but thats the exception and not the rule.

Well, I know many women who are married to men who earn less than them. I am one of them and I respect my husband very much. I have never been looking for money, maybe because I have never known poverty. In fact, I have always considered it ridiculous when a man tried to impress me with his money. I was like, what is so special about it? undecided I come from a family in which money has never been an issue.

I get what you are saying though. In the Nigerian context, where more than 50% of the population lives below the poverty line, women do want to marry someone who has money. Can you blame them?

Saying rich and broke my sound extremist but that's the main dichotomy; you want me to draw a Venn diagram to illustrate? This is an informal discussion not a statistics class. That said, many/most women would opt out of their marriages to be with richer guys if they could and many, in fact, do.

I am sure that many women would rather choose a middle-class guy, who is good-looking and is nice to be around than a rich guy who makes their life a living hell.

About being rich and having a great character, that's largely relative, and women just don't give a fùck once the guy is rich. Besides, it's better to be flexible; gentle with gentle people, tough with tough people.

The question is, do you want to be with such a woman?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Olasco93: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
If you marry the Right woman God Chose for you by Himself (just as God gave Mary to Joseph), you will be fulfilled in your whole life.
Pray for a God-given wife/husband!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. / My Daughter Is Nowhere To Be Found And My Parents Won't Tell Me The Truth / Man Dies One Month After His Wedding In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.