Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). (26422 Views)

Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
grin

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 2:54am On Oct 31, 2016
Hi Colin, may I call you Colin grin? Firstly, may I say how much I've enjoyed discussing this with you. Not least because of the obvious zeal you have for your position and the passionate, but polite way you have joined issues. Not that I totally agree, but you certainly made me think. Thanks for that.

And I appreciate your feelings to how women can be, it's hard for a real god-fearing man to find a suitable Christian mate. Many appear to follow some syncretic mix of Christianity and feminism (feminianity cheesy).

Others think marriage is for the pursuit of their individual dreams, forgetting they are created for men and to be helpmeets to them. Not to mention that divorce appears to be at the tip of many tongues and for the flimsiest of reasons. Real haba! grin.

It's also good to have someone devout in this section. Please cast your net a bit wider. Now, back to business wink

ColinAdua:
My giddiness is about saying the same thing over and over again and someone in his right thinking sense, who claims he is not confused will still ask me the same question.

Haba!

How many times will I refer you to 1 Corinthians 7, where Apostle Paul said it that it is better to stay single?

6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

25Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

I agree that the Apostle Paul adjudges singleness better when it comes to serving the Lord for both men and women. But he also makes it clear that it is by gift, be that due to lack of desire or the ability to suppress it without discomfort

Matthew 19 also makes it clear that celibacy is by gift or circumstance

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. 11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. 12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Those to whom it has been given are born that way, are unable to due to circumstances (injury, imprisonment etc.), or are able to do so for the KOH sake (gifted).

ColinAdua:
How many times will I state my stand here and someone in his right thinking sense will read it and still tell me I don't have clear cut view.?

I never told you singlesness is for everyone. Didn't you see all the places I talked about FREEDOM OF CHOICES and RESPECT TO RIGHT TO FREE WILL.
It is not simply a matter of choice, it is by grace, gift or circumstances

ColinAdua:

How many times will I tell you that my stand is. "HE THAT WILL ACCEPT IT, LET HIM ACCEPT IT" In as much as I know and believe that this is a general call, are you blind to all the places I have said that carnal minded men cannot accept this.? eeeeeeh?
It cannot be both an individual gifting and a general call. And marriage is also a gifted state, which is where I disagree with you.

ColinAdua:
I never told you I made this decision out of frustrations with your so call female because it is a very big lie if I say so.
It sounds like it was either driven by frustrations - your stories of woes, disappointments, bad feelings, fears, burdens etc. - or as a result of choosing singleness, you hold women in disdain, seeing them as a potential problem? That is how it sounds.

ColinAdua:
I made this decision in the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, in the quest of what makes me happy.
Which is an unassailable choice. However, I don't see that as necessarily a calling or gift, more a negative driver - fleeing unhappiness - than a positive one, i.e. desire to serve the Lord.

ColinAdua:
Christ and Apostle Paul choose singleness as a character, as an example for us. Which the Roman Catholic priesthood understands well. Even though I don't support them making it compulsory for every priest.
The missions/callings of The Lord and Apostle Paul meant that wives were not a very practical consideration. Other Apostles were married. Paul even mentioned it as a right both he and Barnabas had - it was simply expedient not to be married given their mission/calling.

ColinAdua:
Which bias? That your house is better than your wife is a bias. Who in this world with his right thinking sense didn't know this?
In my singleness, I had little desire for material things, choosing to focus on service/worship. I only got a house when I married - for the wife and kids, not for me.

ColinAdua:
I never told you sexual functions are obsolete. If you can humble yourself, just read and try to remember what I have been saying, you will recall that I said sexual functions are left for carnally minded weak thinking with their P instead of their brain men.
No marriage is a gift, indeed, the burdens it comes with sound like something you shrink away from - "each has his gift from God, one after this manner, another after that". I know that I am uniquely able (gifted) to handle them, really enjoy it,and find pleasure doing so.

ColinAdua:
This is why am giddy. Cos I keep saying the same things over and over again and you people keep asking me the same questions.

Is it that you people lack simple comprehension or reasoning. If you are blinded by your opinion, I think its good if you can just use your brain and recall what another person is saying.

Kai.
You refuse to see to different states, both gifts. And one was actually a creational construct and the whole reason men and women were physically differentiated.

The Lord wants Godly offspring, I'm not sure how you figure that is the perrogative of weak and carnal men? And why God would sanctify a "carnal" union - in the flesh is no good thing, flesh cannot glory in Gods sight.

I will allow that in the fullness of consummation there will be no marriage. In sum, for this current dispensation, singleness is good, but it is a gift, not simply a choice anyone should, and can make. Marriage is also a gift, and to "go forth and multiply", it needs to be the default for most.

A physical take; Population replacement rate is 2.2+ per couple, to multiply, it needs to be even higher. A spiritual take; The first man had to choose marriage (creation), and in the Kingdom of heaven there will be no marriage (consummation). We are somewhere in between smiley.

Best

TV

cc Lordreed PoorUgly
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2016
@TV01

You so succinctly outline the truth, thank you. This I have struggled to bring to ColinAdua's attention that attempting to rubbish marriage because you want to be single is at best a laughable endeavour and the Bible does not lend itself to be a tool for such.

The wisdom of God contained in the Bible provides for the differences between male and female, the uniqueness of individual callings and gifts while celebrating all of God's creation.

I have no grumps with anyone who desires to be single but I will stand against twisting scripture to back a case (that didn't even need it in the first place as there is provision for it already!) and also stand against attempts to denigrate one position in other to glorify the other. In all my encounters with ColinAdua this has been my position.

I am married and happy to be called weak because indeed in my weakness God's grace shines through. I am amazed by the beautiful family God saw it fit to bless me with despite my weakness and I am glad that He has sustained us all this while. ColinAdua is very welcome to be single, I am sure God can provide him all he needs as well but ColinAdua does not need to call marriage unclean because he wants to be single.

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2016
TV01:
Hi Colin, may I call you Colin grin? Firstly, may I say how much I've enjoyed discussing this with you. Not least because of the obvious zeal you have for your position and the passionate, but polite way you have joined issues. Not that I totally agree, but you certainly made me think. Thanks for that.

And I appreciate your feelings to how women can be, it's hard for a real god-fearing man to find a suitable Christian mate. Many appear to follow some syncretic mix of Christianity and feminism (feminianity cheesy).

Others think marriage is for the pursuit of their individual dreams, forgetting they are created for men and to be helpmeets to them. Not to mention that divorce appears to be at the tip of many tongues and for the flimsiest of reasons. Real haba! grin.

It's also good to have someone devout in this section. Please cast your net a bit wider. Now, back to business wink

6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

25Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

I agree that the Apostle Paul adjudges singleness better when it comes to serving the Lord for both men and women. But he also makes it clear that it is by gift, be that due to lack of desire or the ability to suppress it without discomfort

Matthew 19 also makes it clear that celibacy is by gift or circumstance

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. 11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. 12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Those to whom it has been given are born that way, are unable to due to circumstances (injury, imprisonment etc.), or are able to do so for the KOH sake (gifted).

It is not simply a matter of choice, it is by grace, gift or circumstances

It cannot be both an individual gifting and a general call. And marriage is also a gifted state, which is where I disagree with you.

It sounds like it was either driven by frustrations - your stories of woes, disappointments, bad feelings, fears, burdens etc. - or as a result of choosing singleness, you hold women in disdain, seeing them as a potential problem? That is how it sounds.

Which is an unassailable choice. However, I don't see that as necessarily a calling or gift, more a negative driver - fleeing unhappiness - than a positive one, i.e. desire to serve the Lord.

The missions/callings of The Lord and Apostle Paul meant that wives were not a very practical consideration. Other Apostles were married. Paul even mentioned it as a right both he and Barnabas had - it was simply expedient not to be married given their mission/calling.

In my singleness, I had little desire for material things, choosing to focus on service/worship. I only got a house when I married - for the wife and kids, not for me.

No marriage is a gift, indeed, the burdens it comes with sound like something you shrink away from - "each has his gift from God, one after this manner, another after that". I know that I am uniquely able (gifted) to handle them, really enjoy it,and find pleasure doing so.

You refuse to see to different states, both gifts. And one was actually a creational construct and the whole reason men and women were physically differentiated.

The Lord wants Godly offspring, I'm not sure how you figure that is the perrogative of weak and carnal men? And why God would sanctify a "carnal" union - in the flesh is no good thing, flesh cannot glory in Gods sight.

I will allow that in the fullness of consummation there will be no marriage. In sum, for this current dispensation, singleness is good, but it is a gift, not simply a choice anyone should, and can make. Marriage is also a gift, and to "go forth and multiply", it needs to be the default for most.

A physical take; Population replacement rate is 2.2+ per couple, to multiply, it needs to be even higher. A spiritual take; The first man had to choose marriage (creation), and in the Kingdom of heaven there will be no marriage (consummation). We are somewhere in between smiley.

Best

TV

cc Lordreed PoorUgly

Bros! I don't have time to read you unnecessary long post.

In fact STOP DECEIVING yourselves by being hypocritical.

Lets go to the point. I put you to a CHALLENGE. The thread says "50+ (51) REASONS WHY YOUR HOUSE IS BETTER THAN YOUR WIFE."

I put you to a CHALLENGE. If you believe am wrong, CUT OFF EVERY LINK WITH YOUR HOUSE AND ANY HOUSE PACK AND RE-LOCATE TO A FIELD OR BUSH. LETS SEE HOW LONG YOUR MARRIAGE WILL LAST. LETS SEE HOW LONG YOU WILL LIVE.

Infact I give your marriage 3 weeks and you 3 months.

Millions in this world can't do without a house for a day while millions are doing happily every day without a wife and you are here arguing blindly.

ANSWER ME CATEGORICALLY, STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF. CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE ANY HOUSE IN THIS LIFE EVEN IN ETERNITY??

Answer me.

Lets stop this running in circles and hide and seek, and go to the point.

CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE?

I CAN DO WITHOUT A WIFE!!!! A HOUSE IS 51,000,000 TIMES BETTER THAN ANY ..........!

I don't even have a wife so what am I to put here?

ah! ah! Why can't men tell themselves the truth sometimes? Most you always think with your P and emotions.?

ANSWER ME

LET ME PUT YOU TO CHALLENGE! NONSENSE!!!!!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2016
@TV01

LoL! I was going to warn you again such rabid attacks when you present the truth to ColinAdua but I didn't want to appear prejudicial. Now you have a taste, LMAO!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by PoorUgly(m): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Bros! I don't have time to read you unnecessary long post.

In fact STOP DECEIVING yourselves by being hypocritical.

Lets go to the point. I put you to a CHALLENGE. The thread says "50+ (51) REASONS WHY YOUR HOUSE IS BETTER THAN YOUR WIFE."

I put you to a CHALLENGE. If you believe am wrong, CUT OFF EVERY LINK WITH YOUR HOUSE AND ANY HOUSE PACK AND RE-LOCATE TO A FIELD OR BUSH. LETS SEE HOW LONG YOUR MARRIAGE WILL LAST. LETS SEE HOW LONG YOU WILL LIVE.

Millions in this world can't do without a house for a day while millions are doing happily every day without a wife and you are here arguing blindly.

ANSWER ME CATEGORICALLY, STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF. CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE ANY HOUSE IN THIS LIFE EVEN IN ETERNITY??

Answer me.

I CAN DO WITHOUT A WIFE!!!! A HOUSE IS 51,000,000 TIMES BETTER THAN ANY ..........!

ah! ah! Why can't men tell themselves the truth sometimes? Most you always think with your P and emotions.?

ANSWER ME

Wow! It takes great dimension.

Great one Colin.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2016
PoorUgly:

Wow! It takes great dimension.

Great one Colin.

Thanks and welcome. It has to. Because I dislike hypocritical men who LOVES TO DECEIVE themselves.

I keep running in circles because blind men cannot see.

Imagine telling me that in the Bible the CHOICE OF SINGLENESS IS A GIFT.

When Jesus Christ said:
Matthew 19:12: "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it].

Eunuchs are singles. THE ONES THAT ARE MADE SINGLES BY MEN, AND ONES THAT MADE THEMSELVES EUNUCHS ARE THEY BORN WITH IT AS A GIFT??

I can't keep running a rat race.

Lets face the challenge since they don't want to see.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:
@TV01

LoL! I was going to warn you again such rabid attacks when you present the truth to ColinAdua but I didn't want to appear prejudicial. Now you have a taste, LMAO!

Which truth? That Eunuchs in the Bible is as result of gift?

Why can't you people be a little bit truthful?

It is as a result of a choice boiling down from what these men/disciples believe is better for them. FOR WHATEVER REASONS.

See what Apostle Paul says here:
1Corinthians 9:5 "Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and [as] the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?"

ah! ah! They have the right, they have the feelings, they have the urges, but made it as a choice, not to.

Even Jesus Christ.

Look at what the Bible says here:
Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; BUT WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, yet without sin.

Jesus Christ had all the like passions we have which lead to all temptations but still stood His ground as a SINGLE. And you are telling me its as a result of a gift.

Which truth? That I made the decision out of frustrations.

If I find out that something doesn't make me happy or is not beneficial to me and I move to the other side, is that frustration?

Everyone has done it once in a while. A lot of people have left their jobs for something more fulfilling that doesn't mean they are frustrated.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:
@TV01

You so succinctly outline the truth, thank you. This I have struggled to bring to ColinAdua's attention that attempting to rubbish marriage because you want to be single is at best a laughable endeavour and the Bible does not lend itself to be a tool for such.

The wisdom of God contained in the Bible provides for the differences between male and female, the uniqueness of individual callings and gifts while celebrating all of God's creation.

I have no grumps with anyone who desires to be single but I will stand against twisting scripture to back a case (that didn't even need it in the first place as there is provision for it already!) and also stand against attempts to denigrate one position in other to glorify the other. In all my encounters with ColinAdua this has been my position.

I am married and happy to be called weak because indeed in my weakness God's grace shines through. I am amazed by the beautiful family God saw it fit to bless me with despite my weakness and I am glad that He has sustained us all this while. ColinAdua is very welcome to be single, I am sure God can provide him all he needs as well but ColinAdua does not need to call marriage unclean because he wants to be single.

GUY YOU KNOW NOTHING AND HAVE NEVER MADE SENSE!

THOUGH YOU TRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME HERE.

THE ONLY THING YOU KNOW IS HOW TO CURSE AND USE PROFANITY.

I CHALLENGED YOU TO PROVIDE WHERE AM DESTROYING MY ARGUMENT BY SAYING 'MARRIED MEN ARE WEAK'.

AND YOU CHICKEN OUT LIKE A LITTLE BOY WHICH I SUSPECT YOU ARE.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Which truth? That Eunuchs in the Bible is as result of gift?

Why can't you people be a little bit truthful?

It is as a result of a choice boiling down from what these men/disciples believe is better for them. FOR WHATEVER REASONS.

See what Apostle Paul says here:
1Corinthians 9:5 "Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and [as] the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?"

ah! ah! They have the right, they have the feelings, they have the urges, but made it as a choice, not to.

Even Jesus Christ.

Look at what the Bible says here:
Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; BUT WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, yet without sin.

Jesus Christ had all the like passions we have which lead to all temptations but still stood His ground as a SINGLE. And you are telling me its as a result of a gift.

Which truth? That I made the decision out of frustrations.

If I find out that something doesn't make me happy or is not beneficial to me and I move to the other side, is that frustration?

Everyone has done it once in a while. A lot of people have left their jobs for something more fulfilling that doesn't mean they are frustrated.

Truth:
Marriage was created by God.

Truth:
Marriage is good.

Truth:
Singlehood is good.

Truth:
Not everybody can be single. It requires uncommon self control.

Truth:
Any prowess or talent you can boast of is a gift from the Father of all light including uncommon self control.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

GUY YOU KNOW NOTHING AND HAVE NEVER MADE SENSE!

THOUGH YOU TRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME HERE.

THE ONLY THING YOU KNOW IS HOW TO CURSE AND USE PROFANITY.

I CHALLENGED YOU TO PROVIDE WHERE AM DESTROYING MY ARGUMENT BY SAYING 'MARRIED MEN ARE WEAK'.

AND YOU CHICKEN OUT LIKE A LITTLE BOY WHICH I SUSPECT YOU ARE.

LoL! I am here all day and doing encores till the cock crows.

LoL! I give as good as I get. You always start with the insults and when I turn the tables on you, you start crying like a little girl. You are a pathetic cry baby. Don't start with insults and you won't get any in return.

You destroy your argument that everybody is called to be single. Here is what you said and I quote:

"In every of Jesus Christ's beckoning, He is calling ALL, while at the same time respecting your freedom to choose with Matthew19:12 inclusive."

How can you say He is calling eveyone to be single which requires uncommon self control and still go on to say married men are "some weak ass, carnally minded, pleasure and cheap sex seeking, thinking with your P instead of your brain men".

If you can't see how contradictory that is then you are truly blind.

Fact is Jesus was NOT calling everyone to be single and even Paul knew that that was impossible neither did he even say it was a command from God nor did he justify it by saying the things you are trying to shovel on here.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Answer me.

ANSWER ME

I find this challenge puzzling - perhaps why I thought your OP was joking at first and didn't reply.

Of course I need somewhere to live (a place to stay, preferably my own house). However, one needs that married or single. A wife and a house are not mutually exclusive, or incompatible - one can have both, either or neither.

And though not ideal, people live and raise families under bridges don't they? And no, my wife will not leave me, but that is besides the point, one of the burdens of marriage is to provide for your family.

Colin, you don't have to deride marriage or women, to justify, or celebrate singleness.

Their is no challenge, because the two are not at loggerheads - why are you forcing them to be. Maybe it wasn't the women, maybe it was you grin. Are you obsessively houseproud? cheesy

TV
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2016
TV01:

I find this challenge puzzling - perhaps why I thought your OP was joking at first and didn't reply.

Of course I need somewhere to live (a place to stay, preferably my own house). However, one needs that married or single. A wife and a house are not mutually exclusive, or incompatible - one can have both, either or neither.

And though not ideal, people live and raise families under bridges don't they? And no, my wife will not leave me, but that is besides the point, one of the burdens of marriage is to provide for your family.

Colin, you don't have to deride marriage or women, to justify, or celebrate singleness.

Their is no challenge, because the two are not at loggerheads - why are you forcing them to be. Maybe it wasn't the women, maybe it was you grin. Are you obsessively houseproud? cheesy

TV

You didn't answer my question. Don't bring out what I didnt ask.

And don't seek for soft landing and chicken out.

You saw a thread that says "50+ reasons why your house is better than a wife."

You came and started proving otherwise.

When asked CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE?

Instead of you to simply swallow your pride and accept the obvious you wants to contradict yourself.

I still ask: CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE?

BECAUSE I CAN DO WITHOUT A WIFE.

About loggerhead, they are for me, that's why I started the thread. And you being here to argue in the first place means you accepted they are at loggerhead.

So chicken don't chicken out and seek soft landing.

Be a man stand your ground.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
@TV

PLEASE FOR YOUR INFORMATION WHY CAN'T YOU SEE?.

TELLING ME NOT TO DERIDE MARRIAGE IS KIND OF STU........ TO ME BECAUSE AM ALREADY AGAINST MARRIAGE.

I TOLD YOU I HATE MARRIAGE WITH A TERRIBLE HATRED.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHICH KIND OF ADVICE IS THAT?

YES! AM OVER OBSESSIVELY HOUSE PROUD OR WHATEVER IT IS!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:

LoL! I am here all day and doing encores till the cock crows.

LoL! I give as good as I get. You always start with the insults and when I turn the tables on you, you start crying like a little girl. You are a pathetic cry baby. Don't start with insults and you won't get any in return.

You destroy your argument that everybody is called to be single. Here is what you said and I quote:

"In every of Jesus Christ's beckoning, He is calling ALL, while at the same time respecting your freedom to choose with Matthew19:12 inclusive."

How can you say He is calling eveyone to be single which requires uncommon self control and still go on to say married men are "some weak ass, carnally minded, pleasure and cheap sex seeking, thinking with your P instead of your brain men".

If you can't see how contradictory that is then you are truly blind.

Fact is Jesus was NOT calling everyone to be single and even Paul knew that that was impossible neither did he even say it was a command from God nor did he justify it by saying the things you are trying to shovel on here.

You said initially that I destroy my argument by saying MARRIED MEN ARE WEAK.

Now you turn around and said I destroy my argument that "EVERYONE IS CALLED TO BE SINGLE".

You don't even understand yourself. You are very CONFUSED!

Can't you see that not all men can answer calls even if its put out to all??

Its now very obvious to me that you did understand nothing from all am saying.

You didn't see anything.

Where is FREEDOM OF CHOICE OR RIGHT TO FREE WILL I told you too in all those places? Why omit them? Oh! to seem smart and push the argument to favour you.

I know what I said there. And I stand my ground. Its a general call with respect to your freedom of choice knowing fully well that weak men lacking self control cannot accept it.

And any one who cannot accept celibacy lacks self-control and hence weak! Gbam.

Its now very obvious you saw nothing, understands nothing and you come here to force me to run around in circle.

Bros! Please go and read what I said there very well and stop arguing blindly.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
How can that "Everyone is called to be single " destroy that "married men are weak"?

I didn't say that everyone must be single. Just like Jesus Christ is calling all to be Christian doesn't mean everyone must be a Christian.

But there's a call for all creature. And everyone who didn't accept to become a Christian is weak and doomed.

The same way, there's call for eunuchism, HE THAT IS ABLE TO RECEIVE IT, LET HIM RECEIVE IT. which weak men will not answer, because they will not choose it.

SUPPOSING, EVERYONE DECIDES TO RECEIVE THIS CALL TODAY , WILL GOD SAY: NO I DIDN'T CALL ALL OF YOU, PLEASE SOME OF YOU GO BACK?

Gbam.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
@ColinAdua

LoL! Kai! Arguing with you is like arguing with a little child who is deaf in one ear.

I am too busy to rehash my position right now. When I am less busy and the laughter has subsided I will reply you. LoL! Kai! LMAO!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:
@ColinAdua

LoL! Kai! Arguing with you is like arguing with a little child who is deaf in one ear.

I am too busy to rehash my position right now. When I am less busy and the laughter has subsided I will reply you. LoL! Kai! LMAO!

And arguing with you is like arguing with a blind man?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:
@ColinAdua

But you have time to type insult why do you always like to deceive yourself.?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
LordReed:
@ColinAdua

Guy! You have nothing to say cos you know nothing.

Accept that.

Just be a little bit truthful, aggressive words is all you know.

OR ARE YOU RESEARCHING AND THINKING WHAT TO REPLY?

Oh! You NEED TO REHASH(RE-WORK) YOUR POSITIONS? SO YOUR OPINIONS ARE OUT OF ORDER, OUT OF WHACK?

See the person am arguing with. Someone with opinions out of order.

Well, when you finish the rehash, bring it on, am here!

Pull it down, rehash it thoroughly so you won't talk rubbish and don't add LIES.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by PoorUgly(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Guy! You have nothing to say cos you know nothing.

Accept that.

Just be a little bit truthful, aggressive words is all you know.

OR ARE YOU RESEARCHING AND THINKING WHAT TO REPLY?

Oh! You NEED TO REHASH(RE-WORK) YOUR OPINION? SO YOUR OPINIONS ARE OUT OF ORDER, OUR OF WHACK?

See the person am arguing with. Someone with opinions out of order.

Well, when you finish the rehash, bring it on, am here!

Pull it down, rehash it thoroughly so you won't talk rubbish and don't add LIES.

ColinAdua: easy ooo!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
PoorUgly:

ColinAdua: easy ooo!

Am taking it easy. If not for Christianity I would've given him the dose well well.

See someone who knows nothing. Who needs to rehash and rehearse his opinion arguing with me.

The only thing he knows well is curse words.

The first post he made here he called me selfish bigot, for pursuing my own personal happiness.

And I ignored that. He can't make any meaningful statement. Always using slighting words.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

I still ask: CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A HOUSE?

BECAUSE I CAN DO WITHOUT A WIFE.
Ok. No, one cannot do without somewhere to live, one can live without a wife.

Your challenge does not prove anything - one will need a house whether married or single. And one does not have to forego either. Perhaps it is the wrong question?

"It is better not to marry" they said, because of the burden of marriage, due to the expectations therein.
"it is better not to marry" they exclaimed, if you cannot cope, bear with the requirements of marriage.

Remaining single therefore, is for puny, weak, irresponsible men - see logic grin

TV

...it takes a gift to be married and deal with the burden of marriage. It is a gift to remain single and live accordingly grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2016
TV01:
Ok. No, one cannot do without somewhere to live, one can live without a wife.

Your challenge does not prove anything - one will need a house whether married or single. And one does not have to forego either. Perhaps it is the wrong question?

"It is better not to marry" they said, because of the burden of marriage, due to the expectations therein.
"it is better not to marry" they exclaimed, if you cannot cope, bear with the requirements of marriage.

Remaining single therefore, is for puny, weak, irresponsible men - see logic grin

TV

...it takes a gift to be married and deal with the burden of marriage. It is a gift to remain single and live accordingly grin

You have not answered my question. I need YES or NO.

I love your politeness though. God bless you for that.

My brother, no one can do without a house but millions of people can do and are doing comfortably without wives.

Hence a HOUSE IS VERY BETTER THAN A WIFE!

Now saying remaining single (I love to call it singlehood) is for puny, weak, irresponsible men is calling Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul puny, weak, and irresponsible. Which is too bad.

Me and you know that after over 2000years of their existence, these two men are the most popular affirmative responsible men ever in the history of humanity.

Till you answer Yes or No.

Meanwhile, see this:
1Corinthians 7:26 "I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress(discomfort, hardship, frustrations, unfaithfulnesses, disappointments, difficulties etc), [I say], that [it is] good for a man so to be".

So Bible gave option for you to remain single if you are frustrated.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
@ColinAdua

LoL! Chai na so the frustration reach you post 3 replies to 1 post? Lol! Guy no go get high BP o! Na play we dey here o! LoL!

But you dull sha, rehash wey you for quietly Google make you know the mean naim you just fuckup so?! Make I help you:

Rehash - reuse (old ideas or material) without significant change or improvement.

to present (something) again in a slightly different form
: to talk about or discuss (something) again.

So you wanna try use word wey you no even understand to make jest of me. Lol! Chai! Your dullness no get part 2.

I still never get time to REHASH wetin we don first dey talk. Hopefully by tomorrow my Belle wey wan burst with laughter go don kool down. LMAO!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
ColinAdua:
You have not answered my question. I need YES or NO.
Read again, I answered in my first sentence. For the avoidance of doubt it was a "no". But that is a simplistic answer to an irrelevant question.
The Lord had neither house nor wife;

Luke 9:58 - And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

ColinAdua:
But like I said earlier I love your politeness though. God bless you for that.
Amen...and you for your zeal.

ColinAdua:
My brother, no one can do without a house but millions of people can do and are doing comfortably without wives. Hence a HOUSE IS VERY BETTER THAN A WIFE!
They serve different purposes and are not mutually exclusive, hence the question is somewhat nonsensical in my opinion.

ColinAdua:
Now saying remaining single (I love to call it singlehood) is for puny, weak, irresponsible men is calling Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul puny, weak, and irresponsible. Which is too bad.
Not really; The lives of The Lord and the the Apostle Paul were instructive, in that they could not accommodate wives given their missions.

You know the life of ministry of Paul. His missionary expeditions, his perilous and uncertain lifestyle, his lack of ongoing work, "his end". He simply could not have married or raised children.

Even moreso The Lord. Would God marry? And whom exactly would He marry? He is complete in and of Himself. And "the cup" from which He was to drink when He came in appearance as a man would have precluded marriage. Ergo;

=> "it is better to remain single" if you cannot cope with the expectations, bear the burdens, or your calling or mission precludes it cool

ColinAdua:
Me and you know that after over 2000years of their existence, these two men are the most popular affirmative responsible men ever in the history of humanity.
Noted, but as I already asked, are you living their lives to the letter?

ColinAdua:
Till you answer Yes or No.
I have answered twice already

ColinAdua:
Meanwhile, see this:
1Corinthians 7:26 "I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress(discomfort, hardship, frustrations, unfaithfulnesses, disappointments, difficulties etc), [I say], that [it is] good for a man so to be".

So Bible gave option for you to remain single if you are frustrated.
...i.e. unable to cope cool*

TV

*or you have a different calling, mission, or gifting grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2016
Ok so I am free enough to REHASH this discussion. I will take it from my very first post on this thread.

ColinAdua, 2016 and you still are a selfish bigot, LoL. When are you going to learn how not to be selfish?

Why did I come in with such a strongly worded post? I this because this is not my first encounter with ColinAdua and in previous threads/topics, i have always sensed a string of selfishness in his words. This was solidified in this his statement:

19) Keep your food, provisions and meats, its very safe, your house can not take meat from your soup pot.

LoL! Like seriously who does this? This just feels like he is a guy who would measure the level of garri in the bag and count all the meat in the soup before storing it. Most of all it just reeks of selfishness!

As for the bigotry aspect, he has expressed his passionate hatred for marriage and his vile contempt for Nigerian females. That earns him the bigot stamp without a doubt.

Moving on, we come to this:

ColinAdua:

I couldn't actually get your point or main target though.

But on the issue of "changing my mind", I don't think its possible. I dislike marriage, weddings, family, crowd with terrible dislike.

On House being better than a woman; I want to ask do you think madam will like to live in that field with you? And imagine you don't have that house just tell me the truth, how do you think your marriage will look like?

On marriage being a default for Christians; I think you're wrong. Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity didn't marry and preached its better to be single than married(Matthew 19 : 10 - 12). Apostle Paul didn't marry. Barnabas didn't marry, Timothy and Titus no record of their marriage in the Bible, hence its not necessary.

About being for every man; Jesus has answered that by saying "he that can receive it let him receive it" (Matthew 19 : 12 KJV).

See how selective you are in the reading of the Bible. The same Matthew 19 you quote has this to say:

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Keep calling unclean what God has called clean.

My post was in response to that in bold. The default is marriage because at the beginning and For this reason, Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate. Jesus did not put this this in past tense. This is ongoing reality, marriage is still in God's sanction.

We move on to the issue of who is and who is not called to celibacy. PoorUgly jumps in at this point and says

LordReed:

Yes I am ignorant so please tell us the conclusion.

MATTHEW 19
11 But He said to them, “All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: 12 For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.”

Please tell us how Jesus says that everyone should be single.

"He who is able to accept it, let him accept it!"

Don't you see that it is a general call to every man?

And after some posts ColinAdua replies with

LordReed:

It seems like syntax is confusing you. "Everyone come inside" is not the same as "Everyone who is a doctor, come inside". Once a condition has been stated if you don't meet the condition then no show for you. In effect Jesus is saying "if you can be celibate have at it" this is not "everyone become celibate". There is a world of difference even if it is not apparent to you. So yes those calls are a personal call to meet a condition, you don't meet the condition, you don't get the goods. Abi has Jesus stopped knocking and started barging into hearts now?

"Comparing Every one come inside and Everyone who is a doctor, come inside" is a very daft analogy.

I don't need to argue with you anymore because I have seen you lack basic reasoning and simple Scriptural knowledge.

Oga! all those call are general call, not because of figure of speech but because of target and purpose, with great respect to your freedom of choice.

Check this Scripture:
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance".

In every of Jesus Christ's beckoning, He is calling ALL, while at the same time respecting your freedom to choose with Matthew19:12 inclusive.

"He who is able to accept it, let him accept it" has provision for ALL to accept it.

If not why did the mind of Christ consider "EVERY MAN the moment His disciples said "It is not good to marry"?.

Bye.

Note the emboldened, that is what I attempted to address by saying that if you call married men weak then it destroys the argument that Jesus is calling ALL MEN. How is this? I will quote The Living Bible translation for a little more clarity:

8 Jesus replied, “Moses did that in recognition of your hard and evil hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9 And I tell you this, that anyone who divorces his wife, except for fornication, and marries another, commits adultery.”[a]

10 Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If that is how it is, it is better not to marry!”

11 “Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12 Some are born without the ability to marry,[b] and some are disabled by men, and some refuse to marry for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone who can, accept my statement.”

If married men are weak it follows that they've not received God's help which means they cannot accept the statement thus are not the ones being called. For me this so clear it's not even an argument. Celibacy is not for everyone neither is the call to everyone and it is written there clearly for everybody to see.

I hope my stance and arguments are made plain and understandable.

Cheers.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:
@ColinAdua

LoL! Chai na so the frustration reach you post 3 replies to 1 post? Lol! Guy no go get high BP o! Na play we dey here o! LoL!

But you dull sha, rehash wey you for quietly Google make you know the mean naim you just fuckup so?! Make I help you:

Rehash - reuse (old ideas or material) without significant change or improvement.

to present (something) again in a slightly different form
: to talk about or discuss (something) again.

So you wanna try use word wey you no even understand to make jest of me. Lol! Chai! Your dullness no get part 2.

I still never get time to REHASH wetin we don first dey talk. Hopefully by tomorrow my Belle wey wan burst with laughter go don kool down. LMAO!

You know nothing, you can't even argue only to insult that's the point you can make.

Look at the pictures below and see what your Google brought for rehash.
I didn't even go there before now.

You keep rambling like you don't even know the meanings of words you use.

You are not even ashamed of yourself.

HBP for who for an ignoramus d! like you. If you must know d... a.. its network that made me post it three times. DON'T CONSOLE YOURSELF.

By the way ARE YOU SO UNINTELLIGENT that you need to rehash your position on a simple thread.?

RE-WORK it and come, am waiting you can even add LIES.

Haha! Abi you don take style run?

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

You know nothing, you can't even argue only to insult that's the point you can make.

Look at the pictures below and see what your Google brought for rehash.

You keep rambling like you don't even know the meanings of words you use.

You are not even ashamed of yourself.

HBP for who for an ignoramus d! like you. If you must know d... a.. its network that made me post it three times. DON'T CONSOLE YOURSELF.

Dundy who you wan fool? Network and each time it was a different thing? Dunce if you wan lie try think am first before you open your stupidity for public.

PS: Chai! why na Na Google be this? make I show you Google:

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by crackhaus: 11:23am On Nov 01, 2016
LOL, make una free ColinAdua nah with him life choices gringrin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

Dundy who you wan fool? Network and each time it was a different thing? Dunce if you wan lie try think am first before you open your stupidity for public.

PS: Chai! why na Na Google be this? make I show you Google:

You're very pathetic. How old are you sef?

Your consolation is just because I posted three times.

You really need help.

Am not in your little childish level.

Bye
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

By the way ARE YOU SO UNINTELLIGENT that you need to rehash your position on a simple thread.?

RE-WORK it and come, am waiting you can even add LIES.

Haha! Abi you don take style run?

You are a pathetic cry baby who whines like small spoilt girl. You whine worse than a bitchy woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja / Boy Heartbroken After His Mom Surprised Him With Textbooks Instead Of Xbox / Rare Four Generations Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.