Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). (26428 Views)

Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:
Ok so I am free enough to REHASH this discussion. I will take it from my very first post on this thread.

Why did I come in with such a strongly worded post? I this because this is not my first encounter with ColinAdua and in previous threads/topics, i have always sensed a string of selfishness in his words. This was solidified in this his statement:

LoL! Like seriously who does this? This just feels like he is a guy who would measure the level of garri in the bag and count all the meat in the soup before storing it. Most of all it just reeks of selfishness!

As for the bigotry aspect, he has expressed his passionate hatred for marriage and his vile contempt for Nigerian females. That earns him the bigot stamp without a doubt.

Moving on, we come to this:

My post was in response to that in bold. The default is marriage because at the beginning and For this reason, Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate. Jesus did not put this this in past tense. This is ongoing reality, marriage is still in God's sanction.

We move on to the issue of who is and who is not called to celibacy. PoorUgly jumps in at this point and says

And after some posts ColinAdua replies with

Note the emboldened, that is what I attempted to address by saying that if you call married men weak then it destroys the argument that Jesus is calling ALL MEN. How is this? I will quote The Living Bible translation for a little more clarity:

If married men are weak it follows that they've not received God's help which means they cannot accept the statement thus are not the ones being called. For me this so clear it's not even an argument. Celibacy is not for everyone neither is the call to everyone and it is written there clearly for everybody to see.

I hope my stance and arguments are made plain and understandable.

Cheers.

ARRANT THRASH!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

You're very pathetic. How old are you sef?

Your consolation is just because I posted three times.

You really need help.

Am not in your little childish level.

Bye

LoL! Cry baby, boohoo!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:29am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

ARRANT THRASH!

Response from a dullard.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

Dundy who you wan fool? Network and each time it was a different thing? Dunce if you wan lie try think am first before you open your stupidity for public.

PS: Chai! why na Na Google be this? make I show you Google:

You're very pathetic! How old are you you sef?

Your consolation is just that I posted three times to your meaningless stutter.?

YOU REALLY NEED HELP!

Please am not in your little childish level.

Bye.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Dyt(f): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

You are a pathetic cry baby who whines like small spoilt girl. You whine worse than a bitchy woman.

Damn

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

Response from a dullard.

LOL! Wow! Are you this desperate?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2016
crackhaus:
LOL, make una free ColinAdua nah with him life choices gringrin

Welcome! please leave them this is making the thread lively.

Just like that it has reached 7 pages. Without this it couldn't.

This is why its still on front page on family section

Let them keep it coming. I LOVE THAT.

But I wish people will come with polite constructive response instead of insults.

Well, mad people is also allowed.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

LOL! Wow! Are you this desperate?

LoL! You that almost developed high BP because I didn't post a reply. LMAO!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by crackhaus: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

Welcome! please leave them this is making thread lively.

Just like that it has reached 7 pages. Without this it couldn't.

This is why its still on front page on family section

Let them keep it coming. I LOVE THAT.

But I wish people will come with polite constructive response instead of insults.

Well, mad people is also allowed.
I think I was on the thread when you first started it, can't remember exactly...so I'm surprised it came back and gathered steam. cheesy

Your choices are your choices alone...but in trying to justify them, you hit some nerves when you called married men 'weak'.
I believe this may be why your friends are on you like white on rice. gringrin

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Dyt(f): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
TV01:

Read again, I answered in my first sentence. For the avoidance of doubt it was a "no". But that is a simplistic answer to an irrelevant question.
The Lord had neither house nor wife;

Luke 9:58 - And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Amen...and you for your zeal.

They serve different purposes and are not mutually exclusive, hence the question is somewhat nonsensical in my opinion.

Not really; The lives of The Lord and the the Apostle Paul were instructive, in that they could not accommodate wives given their missions.

You know the life of ministry of Paul. His missionary expeditions, his perilous and uncertain lifestyle, his lack of ongoing work, "his end". He simply could not have married or raised children.

Even moreso The Lord. Would God marry? And whom exactly would He marry? He is complete in and of Himself. And "the cup" from which He was to drink when He came in appearance as a man would have precluded marriage. Ergo;

"It is better not to marry" they said, because of the burden of marriage, due to the expectations therein.
"it is better not to marry" they exclaimed, if you cannot cope, bear with the requirements of marriage.

=> "it is better to remain single" if you cannot cope with the expectations, bear the burdens, or your calling or mission precludes it cool

Noted, but as I already asked, are you living their lives to the letter?

I have answered twice already

...i.e. unable to cope cool*

TV

*or you have a different calling, mission, or gifting grin

You always hide your NO, with contradictory explanations.

So you can't do without a HOUSE, what is the essence of your arguments then? Because I know you can do very well without a wife?

If it's an IRRELEVANT question, then it means all your posts here are IRRELEVANT. Because that is the TOPIC of the thread.

Who told you the Lord has neither a house? "In my Father's house are many mansions means what?

He didn't have a house on earth because all the houses on earth are His, that's why He is God. If He wants to make use of any, no one could've stopped Him.

The life of Paul may have necessitated him not to marry but Apostle Paul never gave that as the reason why he wasn't married neither did he encourage singleness SOLELY on evangelical purposes.

He also gave room for people to remain unmarried if they feel distressed by the present immediate circumstances it can bring. So am not WRONG.

Well, like I said if the question, which is the theme of this Thread is NONSENSICAL to you. It well means all your posts here are NONSENSICAL!

BECAUSE A NAKED MAN CHASING A NAKED MAD MAN IS ALSO MAD.

Do the Bible teach that Jesus Christ did not marry because HE IS GOD AND GOD CANNOT MARRY? Have you not read in the Bible that He is the last Adam? Adam was made exactly in the image of God that don't marry but he married. So if Jesus had wished to marry He would have. He had all the right.

And while on earth He was not entirely GOD. He was God in human flesh, that was why He always called Himself Son of God. That was possible so he can experience all the temptations we are passing through hence He can fully understand our predicament. So He can intercede very well for us.

(""""""It is better not to marry" they said, because of the burden of marriage, due to the expectations therein.
"it is better not to marry" they exclaimed, if you cannot cope, bear with the requirements of marriage.""""""
)

You always use this ,your statements ABOVE to contradict yourself. HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY SINGLENESS IS BETTER AND STILL CONTINUE TO PROVE TO ME THAT SINGLENESS IS NOT BETTER?

HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THAT "ITS BETTER NOT TO MARRY" BECAUSE OF THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE ETC AND STILL CRITICIZE ME THAT I MADE THE DECISION NOT TO MARRY OUT OF FRUSTRATION, OF NOT WANTING TO CARRY THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE?

HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THAT THERE'S BURDEN IN MARRIAGE AND STILL MOCK THAT I DECIDED NOT TO CARRY THIS BURDEN. HENCE AM BEING NEGATIVE. YOU TALKING OF THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE SO YOU KNOW THAT MARRIAGE IS A BURDEN?

Please lets just be truthful sometimes and stop unnecessarily criticizing attacking someone who is brave enough to:

"... foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself" Proverbs 22:3 KJV.

YES! Am trying by God's grace! Thank You Jesus. Cos Bible says:

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that practices righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous" 1 John 3:7 NKJV.

Even though LittleReed here sometimes makes me act harsh.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
crackhaus:

I think I was on the thread when you first started it, can't remember exactly...so I'm surprised it came back and gathered steam. cheesy

Your choices are your choices alone...but in trying to justify them, you hit some nerves when you called married men 'weak'.
I believe this may be why your friends are on you like white on rice. gringrin

Lol! Its not entirely my fault. Bible has said if men lack self control let them marry.

And even while fasting they should hasten to YOU KNOW, because of their lack self control.

Person that lacks self control, is he not a weak man. My dictionary here defines WEAK as lacking force and ability.

Well, welcome Bros.
God bless you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
LordReed:

Please continue posting reply so my thread can reach 100pages.

Please!! But tone down on the INSULTS because I don't want to go to hell.

And wherever I has insulted you back, PLEASE KINDLY FORGIVE ME. YOU HEAR!!!?

God bless you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

Please continue posting reply so my thread can reach 100pages.

Please!! But tone down on the INSULTS because I don't want to go to hell.

And wherever I has insulted you back, PLEASE KINDLY FORGIVE ME. YOU HEAR!!!?

God bless you.

Of course you are forgiven! For me this is all jest, rough but jest all the same. I have absolutely nothing against you so be rest assured I carry no offense in my heart.

Cheers!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Colin, good morning to you.

In heaven there will be no marriage, that is where the promised mansions are. Here on earth, The Lord had nowhere to lay His head, don't doubt or second guess the scriptures grin.

Even if you claim that Jesus had "the right to marry", the whole point of His ministry was denying himself, and not "grasping" that which was His by right - I know I don't have to point you to the relevant portion of scripture do I wink.

Marriage is harder, a greater burden, and takes more fortitude than singleness. That is why the disciples said "it is better not to marry". The only recourse - without sin - is then singleness. Which only a few can receive, but is the easier option. But with the gifting of God, both options will be easier for those who are called.

In all, nothing in this world can satisfy, not houses, not wives, not any material thing. A mature Christian knows how to abase and abound grin. Take this and go in peace grin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQAwpMFS_9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5a-hW9AJQI - with lyrics

As you have the time cheesy, please pray for me, and others who are married, that our shoulders would remain broad enough to bear the burden of being husbands and fathers with a grace and an excellence that honours God.

TV

ColinAdua:

You always hide your NO, with contradictory explanations.

So you can't do without a HOUSE, what is the essence of your arguments then? Because I know you can do very well without a wife?

If it's an IRRELEVANT question, then it means all your posts here are IRRELEVANT. Because that is the TOPIC of the thread.

Who told you the Lord has neither a house? "In my Father's house are many mansions means what?

He didn't have a house on earth because all the houses on earth are His, that's why He is God. If He wants to make use of any, no one could've stopped Him.

The life of Paul may have necessitated him not to marry but Apostle Paul never gave that as the reason why he wasn't married neither did he encourage singleness SOLELY on evangelical purposes.

He also gave room for people to remain unmarried if they feel distressed by the present immediate circumstances it can bring. So am not WRONG.

Well, like I said if the question, which is the theme of this Thread is NONSENSICAL to you. It well means all your posts here are NONSENSICAL!

BECAUSE A NAKED MAN CHASING A NAKED MAD MAN IS ALSO MAD.

Do the Bible teach that Jesus Christ did not marry because HE IS GOD AND GOD CANNOT MARRY? Have you not read in the Bible that He is the last Adam? Adam was made exactly in the image of God that don't marry but he married. So if Jesus had wished to marry He would have. He had all the right.

And while on earth He was not entirely GOD. He was God in human flesh, that was why He always called Himself Son of God. That was possible so he can experience all the temptations we are passing through hence He can fully understand our predicament. So He can intercede very well for us.

(""""""It is better not to marry" they said, because of the burden of marriage, due to the expectations therein.
"it is better not to marry" they exclaimed, if you cannot cope, bear with the requirements of marriage.""""""
)

You always use this ,your statements ABOVE to contradict yourself. HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY SINGLENESS IS BETTER AND STILL CONTINUE TO PROVE TO ME THAT SINGLENESS IS NOT BETTER?

HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THAT "ITS BETTER NOT TO MARRY" BECAUSE OF THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE ETC AND STILL CRITICIZE ME THAT I MADE THE DECISION NOT TO MARRY OUT OF FRUSTRATION, OF NOT WANTING TO CARRY THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE?

HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THAT THERE'S BURDEN IN MARRIAGE AND STILL MOCK THAT I DECIDED NOT TO CARRY THIS BURDEN. HENCE AM BEING NEGATIVE. YOU TALKING OF THE BURDEN OF MARRIAGE SO YOU KNOW THAT MARRIAGE IS A BURDEN?

Please lets just be truthful sometimes and stop unnecessarily criticizing attacking someone who is brave enough to:

"... foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself" Proverbs 22:3 KJV.

YES! Am trying by God's grace! Thank You Jesus. Cos Bible says:

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that practices righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous" 1 John 3:7 NKJV.

Even though LittleReed here sometimes makes me act harsh.

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
@TV01. Good day.

The Lord had a lot of places to lay His head.
See:
Matthew 21:17 KJV "And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there".

John 1:38-39 KJV "Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour".

And many more like this in The Holy Bible.

Telling that man he had no place to lay His head is figurative. If you interpret it that in the real sense "He had no place to lay His head" it contradicts these verses above. Since he had places where He had been laying His head.

If your interpretation of a verse in the Bible contradicts another verse then your interpretation is wrong.

He means simply "don't expect comfortability with me" when He told that man "son of man has no place to lay his head".

Like I told you He owns all the houses on earth, then no need to have a particular house exclusively to Himself since He moved about often.
See:
Psalm 24:1 "The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein".
Phillippians 2:11 "... Jesus Christ [is] Lord, ..."

Check out too the authority which He used in commanding the owner of the house where He wished to enjoy the Last Supper,(Matthew 26:17-18, Mark 14:12-14, Luke 22:7-12).

He didn't beg. He spoke as the Master who owns the House ie the real owner of the house and the good man of the house(Bible didn't even call him the owner of the house) released the house without arguing because he knew that the Master the real owner of the house had come.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Continuing:

Yes! you are correct when you say the whole point of Jesus ministry was denying Himself and not grasping that which was His right. I agree with you here cos He had the right to be born in a rich home with very rich parents but He chose poor parents and a manger. See:
Philippians 2:8 KJV "And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross".

2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY that is in Christ Jesus".

He did that to teach us selflessness, sacrifice, humility, and simplicity of life.

Marriage inclusive, as marriage brings lots of complexity in life.

I agree with you that marriage is harder. But is the easier approach not always better than the harder approach?

Bible didn't give 'gift ' as the only excuse for singleness. It gave these reasons:
1) Divorce(instead of divorce better be single).
2) Singleness, when received as a gift.
3) Singleness, when made by men.
4) Singleness, when made for the kingdom of God sake.
5) When concerned about the present distress(1 Corinthians 7:26 NKJV).
6) when concerned about unnecessary trouble(1 Corinthians 7:28 NKJV).

So, gift is just 1 out 6 situations where singleness is deemed better, hence its not the only acceptable excuse to remain single.

Whether "abound" or "abase", I need houses for now that am here on earth, after all Apostle Paul didn't marry but he rented a house exclusively for his own convenience(Acts 28:30 NKJV).

Finally, I won't pray for you or any married man. I don't pity you people. You know what you are going into before you went into it.

Whatever challenges you encounter, you take, you are on your own. Its what you people bargained for.

I rather pray for HOMELESS MEN.

SHIOO!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
ColinAdua:
@TV01. Good day.

The Lord had a lot of places to lay His head.
See:
Matthew 21:17 KJV "And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there".

John 1:38-39 KJV "Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour".

And many more like this in The Holy Bible.

Broda, you have come grin, your point wasn't about simply "laying one' head", it was about "ownership". Read the first of your 50+ points wink
ColinAdua:
1) Your house is an asset, it appreciates in value, while a wife is a liability that depreciates in value.

ColinAdua:

Telling that man he had no place to lay His head is figurative. If you interpret it that in the real sense "He had no place to lay His head" it contradicts these verses above. Since he had places where He had been laying His head.

If your interpretation of a verse in the Bible contradicts another verse then your interpretation is wrong.

He means simply "don't expect comfortability with me" when He told that man "son of man has no place to lay his head".

Like I told you He owns all the houses on earth, then no need to have a particular house exclusively to Himself since He moved about often.
See:
Psalm 24:1 "The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein".
Phillippians 2:11 "... Jesus Christ [is] Lord, ..."

Check out too the authority which He used in commanding the owner of the house where He wished to enjoy the Last Supper,(Matthew 26:17-18, Mark 14:12-14, Luke 22:7-12).

He didn't beg. He spoke as the Master who owns the House ie the real owner of the house and the good man of the house(Bible didn't even call him the owner of the house) released the house without arguing because he knew that the Master the real owner of the house had come.
As above; I wasn't contradicting the bible, I was juxtaposing "ownership" against lodging/renting (like Paul)
I like this verse myself - Hebrews 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

TV
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
ColinAdua:
Continuing:

Yes! you are correct when you say the whole point of Jesus ministry was denying Himself and not grasping that which was His right. I agree with you here cos He had the right to be born in a rich home with very rich parents but He chose poor parents and a manger. See:
Philippians 2:8 KJV "And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross".

2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY that is in Christ Jesus".

He did that to teach us selflessness, sacrifice, humility, and simplicity of life.

Marriage inclusive, as marriage brings lots of complexity in life.

I agree with you that marriage is harder. But is the easier approach not always better than the harder approach?
At bold cool. So your are recanting your "marriage is for weak men" position grin.
And to your question, not in this instance - The Lord desires Godly children, society needs to regenerate or die. grin

ColinAdua:

Bible didn't give 'gift ' as the only excuse for singleness. It gave these reasons:
1) Divorce(instead of divorce better be single).
2) Singleness, when received as a gift.
3) Singleness, when made by men.
4) Singleness, when made for the kingdom of God sake.
5) When concerned about the present distress(1 Corinthians 7:26 NKJV).
6) when concerned about unnecessary trouble(1 Corinthians 7:28 NKJV).

So, gift is just 1 out 6 situations where singleness is deemed better, hence its not the only acceptable excuse to remain single.
Listing reasons for singleness is no the same as declaring singleness better. Stop playing politics na grin

ColinAdua:

Whether "abound" or "abase", I need houses for now that am here on earth, after all Apostle Paul didn't marry but he rented a house exclusively for his own convenience(Acts 28:30 NKJV).
As above, a rented place is not an "asset"

ColinAdua:
Finally, I won't pray for you or any married man. I don't pity you people. You know what you are going into before you went into it.
No one asked for your pity. And rather the married would pity those who do not know the company of a delightful spouse or the blessing and journey of raising children. Careful yourself or I will go and bring pictures. You may repent of singleness and your thread will change to something else grin.

ColinAdua:

Whatever challenges you encounter, you take, you are on your own. Its what you people bargained for.
At all, we have our spouses with us and God before us. We are well. Your prayer was to redound in blessing for you, not just us.

ColinAdua:

I rather pray for HOMELESS MEN.
SHIOO!
...or even better, homeless married men cheesy

TV
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
TV01:

At bold cool. So your are recanting your "marriage is for weak men" position grin.
And to your question, not in this instance - The Lord desires Godly children, society needs to regenerate or die. grin

Listing reasons for singleness is no the same as declaring singleness better. Stop playing politics na grin

As above, a rented place is not an "asset"

No one asked for your pity. And rather the married would pity those who do not know the company of a delightful spouse or the blessing and journey of raising children. Careful yourself or I will go and bring pictures. You may repent of singleness and your thread will change to something else grin.

At all, we have our spouses with us and God before us. We are well. Your prayer was to redound in blessing for you, not just us.

...or even better, homeless married men cheesy

TV

You are the person that said, I quote "the Lord had nowhere to lay His head", that I should stop second guessing the scriptures. That's why I had to disprove you that the Lord had a lot of places to lay His head and that laying His head is not what He meant there that you quoted.

PLEASE DON'T TURN IT ON ME.

About ownership, I still maintain my stand that the Lord owns all the Houses in the world and can use any one, anytime He wanted so no use of building a special one.

I didn't say you are contradicting the Bible. I wanted to show you that the Lord owns all the houses on this earth.

That marriage is harder doesn't mean married men are stronger. In fact they are weaker, because;
a) a lot are accepting marriage and hence the hardship with it, with the mindset of 'I don't have any option this is what society wants us to be or do'.

b) a lot are going into marriage to have cheap sex, hence fueling their lack of sexual control, since they can't control themselves sexually.

c) a lot can't stand alone and be independent and strong. They can't face life alone and keep their head up. Example is my father, that one is like putty, can't do nothing meaningful on his own.

Suicide is very hard, but that doesn't make suicidal men stronger. In fact, they are weak. WE ALL KNOW THAT.

YES! "The Lord desires Godly children, society needs to regenerate or die" that's why I said AM RESPECTING THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE OR THE RIGHT TO FREE WILL OF ANYONE WHO CAN'T ACCEPT CELIBACY.

But that didn't make marriage better.

I listed the reasons for singleness because you said Bible recognises Eunuchism
/singleness only as a gift, which is not so.

I didn't say a rented place is an asset. I mean if Apostle Paul can deem it fit to rent a house but didn't marry, then houses are better than wives. Haha!

BRING PICTURES! AT LEAST LET ME KNOW WHETHER YOUR WIFE AND KIDS ARE UGLY. LOL!!!

Oh Lord! I pray please give me money keep marriage, give me houses to hell with wife, I want cars not children. Turn the good MARRIAGE into MONEY for me, turn the good beautiful wife into FINE HOUSES and the fine sweet good children into GOOD CARS. Am crazy about Jaguar F-pace compact SUV, please can I have that one first, in the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

I rather pray for HOMELESS SINGLE MEN.

Married men are on their own. If they are homeless they need to collect 100strokes of cane for being STUPID!!!

LOL!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2016
ColinAdua:

c) a lot can't stand alone and be independent and strong. They can't face life alone and keep their head up. Example is my father, that one is like putty, can't do nothing meaningful on his own.

LoL, why am I not surprised?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 11:59am On Nov 07, 2016
ColinAdua:
BRING PICTURES! AT LEAST LET ME KNOW WHETHER YOUR WIFE AND KIDS ARE UGLY. LOL!!!
I'll start with my kids. Then as your resolve begins to waver, I'll bring pics of my bride cool.

I call them my orange babies. One has orange shaped head, the other orange complexion grin. If you know how ugly I am, you'll appreciate they can only be this fine if their mother is a stunner grin.

ColinAdua:
Married men are on their own. If they are homeless they need to collect 100strokes of cane for being STUPID!!!
That's the point dude, with cute-as-button kids and stunning wives, we are not alone! Indeed, God is with us. And together we chase 10'000, we have warmth, and good reward for our labour.

Colin, if you had predicated your push for singleness on a more focused pursuit of God, His presence and His glory, I would have very much understood.

Instead, it's been about material things like houses, cars and the like. Do you know that marriage and the family unit prefigure things divine? Even if these material things have any value, they are best shared, and best shared with family.

If you need help making the transition, Reedy and I will be here to support you grin.

TV

(...ugly boys fine wives club...join us, I know you ain't fine cheesy)

2 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
TV01:
I'll start with my kids. Then as your resolve begins to waver, I'll bring pics of my bride cool.

TV

Oooo! Such cuties! Lemme join the bandwagon.

3 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2016
LordReed:
Oooo! Such cuties! Lemme join the bandwagon.
Thank you o jare, and likewise, lovely girl. Isn't it almost overwhelming how becoming a parent gives deep insight and understanding into God as our heavenly father! Revelational.

Colin, Colin, Colin...where are you? Space dey for wagon 0...abeg no tarry, come and join us grin grin

TV
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2016
TV01:

Thank you o jare, and likewise, lovely girl. Isn't it almost overwhelming how becoming a parent gives deep insight and understanding into God as our heavenly father! Revelational.

Colin, Colin, Colin...where are you? Space dey for wagon 0...abeg no tarry, come and join us grin grin

TV

I tell you! I understand now how God can have patience with us and still be angry at the wrong things we do and all the while still provide loving guidance and care. I thought I had patience before, my daughter has made me realize I have ways to go.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
TV01:
Indeed, God is with us. And together we chase 10'000, we have warmth, and good reward for our labour.

Colin, if you had predicated your push for singleness on a more focused pursuit of God, His presence and His glory, I would have very much understood.

Instead, it's been about material things like houses, cars and the like. Do you know that marriage and the family unit prefigure things divine? Even if these material things have any value, they are best shared, and best shared with family.

If you need help making the transition, Reedy and I will be here to support you grin.

TV

Thank God for being with you. I have my blanket and bedsheet for warmth.

Fortunately, "more focused pursuit of God" is not the only Biblical accepted excuses to remain single.

God still made provision for people like us who are single because they don't want unnecessary trouble.

Oh! you think marriage, wife and kids are not material things? Because when you die they put them in the grave with you? Or you take them with you to heaven?

Yes! it may prefigure somethings divine but it is not available for the saints to inherit in eternity neither do God provide them in HIS Kingdom but your so called material things(houses and cars) are provided in eternity for the triumphant saints to enjoy. Meaning they are important to God too.

I enjoy my things best, ALONE! After all, when I was suffering and hustling, how which wife helped me? mtchewwwww!!!

I REJECT THAT YOUR TRANSITION BY FIRE BY FORCE IN JESUS NAME! AMEN.

Am not fine, but am crazy about myself the way I AM.

THIS IS THE BABY I DREAM ABOUT!!!!

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
LordReed:

I tell you! I understand now how God can have patience with us and still be angry at the wrong things we do and all the while still provide loving guidance and care. I thought I had patience before, my daughter has made me realize I have ways to go.

Good morning!!!

Are you sure that girl is your daughter? Abi you carry another pesin pikin picture put.

Well, the girl is okay, but that nose come fvck everything up.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
@TV
Where the pictures of your kids at??
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by TV01(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
ColinAdua:

Thank God for being with you. I have my blanket and bedsheet for warmth.

Fortunately, "more focused pursuit of God" is not the only Biblical accepted excuses to remain single.

God still made provision for people like us who are single because they don't want unnecessary trouble.

Oh! you think marriage, wife and kids are not material things? Because when you die they put them in the grave with you? Or you take them with you to heaven?

Yes! it may prefigure somethings divine but it is not available for the saints to inherit in eternity neither do God provide them in HIS Kingdom but your so called material things(houses and cars) are provided in eternity for the triumphant saints to enjoy. Meaning they are important to God too.

I enjoy my things best, ALONE! After all, when I was suffering and hustling, how which wife helped me? mtchewwwww!!!

I REJECT THAT YOUR TRANSITION BY FIRE BY FORCE IN JESUS NAME! AMEN.

Am not fine, but am crazy about myself the way I AM.

THIS IS THE BABY I DREAM ABOUT!!!!

Morning Colin,

No marriage in heaven is agreed. However, by Gods grace I expect my family to be in heaven with me - all of us as Children of God with our own heavenly cribs.

As for cars, I'm thinking our spiritual/heavenly bodies will make cars unnecessary. Our physical abilities will be akin to those of angels no? I understand there are zero emissions in heaven grin

Jaguar F-Pace. Not bad. Someone owns one near our house. British Racing Green which is the colour if you ask me. Cute car. Look good with me and Jnr cruising. Or with the whole family on outings cool.

We can limit the genetic expression of your "non-fineness" by marrying you a burriful wife grin

TV

...pix are back cool
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by LordReed(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
ColinAdua:

Good morning!!!

Are you sure that girl is your daughter? Abi you carry another pesin pikin picture put.

Well, the girl is okay, but that nose come fvck everything up.

LoL! Kai you can fit dey Talk some kine shallow things sha! If I start on you now you go talk say I dey insult you.

BTW she is wonderfully and beautifully made by God to be a star on this earth whether her nose go up or e go down, glory be to God.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
TV01:

Morning Colin,

No marriage in heaven is agreed. However, by Gods grace I expect my family to be in heaven with me - all of us as Children of God with our own heavenly cribs.

As for cars, I'm thinking our spiritual/heavenly bodies will make cars unnecessary. Our physical abilities will be akin to those of angels no? I understand there are zero emissions in heaven grin

Jaguar F-Pace. Not bad. Someone owns one near our house. British Racing Green which is the colour if you ask me. Cute car. Look good with me and Jnr cruising. Or with the whole family on outings cool.

We can limit the genetic expression of your "non-fineness" by marrying you a burriful wife grin

TV

...pix are back cool

I prefer the so called wife in form of HOUSES.

When I saw the picture of your kids, truthfully, what came to my mind immediately was;

"Na a, not me and you, these ones will turn the bedroom and sitting room upside down and inside out within seconds.

And these ones can wake up around 2:00am to ask for tea and bread or noodles".

That's too bad cos I love a very organized quiet place and the easiest way to make me hate you is to disturb my sleep.

Am a chronic introvert, a technician, I read a lot and write often. A light sleeper and sleep late.

So I naturally love a cool calm quiet serene environment.

That's why I live in a rural area even with all the mockeries, ridicule and scorn, but I refused to re-locate to a noisy city.

I love quiet solitary serene environment so much that I have decided to sacrifice having children(I love children) to treasure my cool calm alone time.

Even now that am typing this, that's where am relaxing, enjoying cool evening breeze under the moonlight.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Boy Heartbroken After His Mom Surprised Him With Textbooks Instead Of Xbox / Rare Four Generations Pictures / Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Lord — Nigerian Man Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.