Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,259 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) (39482 Views)

Couple Sue Their 30-Year-Old Son For Refusing To Exit Their Home (Pics) / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:
I laugh at your ignorance. In my primary school then he would'v been beaten silly, stripped necked and have snail shells hung on his neck. Then he will dance naked from class to class with each class singing a special song for him. Guess what all the boys that experienced it were never caught stealing again in school. Infact once it happens to a person no one dares to steal again for a Looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggg time

Actually, they became better at stealing.

I went to Command Day Secondary School and I have witnessed worse punishments undecided. The ones that changed simply became more involved in religious activities however it does not follow that they have lost or are no longer involved in shady activities.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by youngibeh(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
kilokeys:
At 9.. Most boys steal meat..

5k?.. Haba.. Thats too much.

Dasuki basterd son.. I suppose

You wey be metuh bastard pikin grin
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by AlPeter: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
bfatoba:

This is whats wrong with Nigeria and Most Nigerians right now... people like you don't understand the steps in solving a problem.
Has this Solved the problem of the Kid... NO. what the mother has done is further ostricized the boy... he might turn into a Robber because
he Has nothing to loose.

steps to solving a problem:

1. Find the Underlying Cause of the Problem

Intelligence is not Cheap... thats all I can donate to you. I know you won't become a Pragmatist but I'm glad I've sent you in the right direction.

Thank me Later.
you are the dumb one here your brain is filled with so much complexity you cannot understand the simple things here. Spare the rod and spoil the child. That boy will not hate the mom infact he will love her more for this act. You said he MIGHT turn to a robber in future? Someone that is already stealing 5K at age 9 is already more than 70% on its way to become an armed robber. This mom's act send the boy a very strong message, I WILL NOT BE THE MOTHER OF A THIEF AND IF YOU TRY IT I YOUR MUM WILL EXPOSE YOU. When next anybody tries to convince him to steal he will vehemently oppose it, because he now knows is mom HATES it. Now that i have taught you how to use that THING between your ears you can thank me.

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by jejaju: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
That is too much for the boi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by AlPeter: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

I went to Command Day Secondary School and I have witnessed worse punishments undecided. The ones that changed simply became more involved in religious activities however it does not follow that they have lost or are no longer involved in shady activities.
Nope they become wiser and learn not to steal again, but that won't erode their other vices which is what you see. I grew up in some of the worst environments in Lagos and the kids that become touts are the ones whose parents follow your advice.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
PLANETOFBETS1:
Gud for the boy
Baskard kiss
this is waaaaayyy tooooo extreme punishing a boy of that age with public humiliation undecided

She has only suceeded in toying with that child's self esteem and taught him that the best way to punish a person is to shame him and he will carry a deep rooted resentment against his mom for years. This is so not fair undecided

I really don't understand what's with Africans and public shaming by stripping people naked and even a KID undecided

What happened to spanking and scolding. Now his classmates will begin to bully him and keep their stuffs away from him and if something IS missing even if he wasn't the one that took it all eyes will be on him

I'm very sure this boy will never forget what his mom did to him

Coco candy oya o come and look into the matter

2 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by bfatoba(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:
you are the dumb one here your brain is filled with so much complexity you cannot understand the simple things here. Spare the rod and spoil the child. That boy will not hate the mom infact he will love her more for this act. You said he MIGHT turn to a robber in future? Someone that is already stealing 5K at age 9 is already more than 70% on its way to become an armed robber. This mom's act send the boy a very strong message, I WILL NOT BE THE MOTHER OF A THIEF AND IF YOU TRY IT I YOUR MUM WILL EXPOSE YOU. When next anybody tries to convince him to steal he will vehemently oppose it, because he now knows is mom HATES it. Now that i have taught you how to use that THING between your ears you can thank me.

Some minds are just too difficult to open than others. You took my words personal and at that it's clouding your judgment.
anyways... Maybe I can ask you questions to help you..

1. Why did he steal?, was it a crime of opportunity, and What would he have done with the money.
2. Do you think, he cares what his mother thinks before stealing?
3. Will he be labelled thief all around? and if So... would you have your kids associate with him
4. If Money was lost around him, even if he wasn't the thief.. who would be your number one suspect?
5. Are there other means of solving his behavior, instead of this particular means?

Anything other than your answers will be overlooked... free your mind.

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by holaralph(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
I have to give kudos to my mother for maltreating me those days while I reap the positive results now........... Iya Rafeli you are the best...... I will forever be grateful to God and you also
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by bfatoba(m): 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:
Nope they become wiser and learn not to steal again, but that won't erode their other vices which is what you see. I grew up in some of the worst environments in Lagos and the kids that become touts are the ones whose parents follow your advice.

you keep selling this because you've never experienced anything different.
That does not make it right.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:
do you know the mother OF that boy went overboard. What's wrong in correction a child BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. How can you demean a child like this FOR goodness sake.

Now some of his peers will take advantage OF this incidence to steal and then be blaming him.they can even label him and give him an unkind nickname

Btw when he gets to secondary school and his peers want to refer to him they will say "do you remember that boy that his mom brought to school naked when he stole"they've already given him a bad label that will stick with him for life.you don't just make decisions based on your emotions as of that time.think of when he grows up and realises his naked picture and his mom is already on the internet.

It's debasing. Haba

2 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by kilokeys(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
youngibeh:

You wey be metuh bastard pikin grin

Just came out of a 1 week ban.. grin
God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by fortunechy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
he must be related to dasuki if nt his biological son
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by toprealman: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Quote me, that boy is not her biological child!

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

exactly .it hardens them and makes them more vengeful and bitter by stealing at a larger scale when they become adults
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Actually, he is either going to end up as a criminal or have a low self esteem or become an abusive/violent being.

gbam.exactly my point

Like seriously must we be crude in everything including parenting? undecided

Why didn't his mom say they should hang tyre on his neck and set him ablaze undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wittgenstein:
Questions, should be asked about the initial parenting technique used by the parents which lead the child to steal, a child does not decide to carry out such actions spontaneously.
What type of relationship will that child have with his mother, as the humiliation cannot be undone. It will scar him over a long period of his life potentially disrupting his development, affecting his general levels of confidence, and the relationship he will build up with his peers. the child may begin to harbour feelings of hatred towards his mother.

some of these factors could lead to the child becoming more isolated as he grows up, leading him to follow the wrong crowd, commit minor/major atrocities and also he would do this being discrete from family members as he recalls, how unruly he was punished for stealing at a young age.

you bring up a child well, they would have no such reason to steal (especially such an amount)
The mother is also indirectly humiliating herself, despite she thinking she is punishing the child.
YOU have said everything on my mind. Take 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by AlPeter: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
bfatoba:

Some minds are just too difficult to open than others. You took my words personal and at that it's clouding your judgment.
anyways... Maybe I can ask you questions to help you..

1. Why did he steal?, was it a crime of opportunity, and What would he have done with the money.
2. Do you think, he cares what his mother thinks before stealing?
3. Will he be labelled thief all around? and if So... would you have your kids associate with him
4. If Money was lost around him, even if he wasn't the thief.. who would be your number one suspect?
5. Are there other means of solving his behavior, instead of this particular means?

Anything other than your answers will be overlooked... free your mind.
1. How will I know that am I a magicIan? 2. Am very sure you know that since you have magical powers to know if he cares about his mother or not. 3. Yes He will be. If he wants to be a thief he should start learning how to live with the consequences now.
4. Same as above.
5. Are there other means yes. But who are you to judge the Mother on what method to use. What if she has used every other means to get the child to change.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by AlPeter: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
bfatoba:

you keep selling this because you've never experienced anything different.
That does not make it right.
can u see your lack of good cognitive reasoning? Do you have an iota of how I was brought up? Dude face topic or get off my mentions
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by AlPeter: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
SAMBARRY:
gbam.exactly my point

Like seriously must we be crude in everything including parenting? undecided

Why didn't his mom say they should hang tyre on his neck and set him ablaze undecided
Must you employ the European/American way of doing everything? That last part is what would happen if she doesn't put a rein on these tendencies now.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:
Must you employ the European/American way of doing everything? That last part is what would happen if she doesn't put a rein on these tendencies now.
he is a human being with emotions and his mother has just abused his right of dignity.

What's wrong in punishing him inside the house. Must she bring the matter to school. You sef judge the matter na.if that woman be your mom and you were the boy you go happy? undecided

All his Willy Willy outside. Chaiiiii grin lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Begonia(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is wrong.

There's a thin line between discipline and abuse. She definitely crossed that line.
It's sad some people can't see it as it is.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Askseek(f): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Destined2win:
Why would the boy steal #5000?

I do not condone maltreatment but again, I see no wrong in punishing a child for doing wrong if that is going to change him.

This is not punishment. It's abuse. Let's call it what it is

2 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
AlPeter:

No, they perfect their methods.

What advice? undecided

I have not given any advice embarassed
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by peacengine(m): 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
I heard a woman rejoicing that her son was dead because he was a notorious thief and they spent huge amounts bailing him out on several occasions. SS mothers no dey send o, they will kill you before you kill them
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
SAMBARRY:
exactly .it hardens them and makes them more vengeful and bitter by stealing at a larger scale when they become adults

Or rather he learns to endure till is old enough to transfer it out on his wife, kids and the society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by gatiano(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
It is very wrong. It is very wrong to even use a whip. It had never help anybody. It turns a child to one of two things.
1)Jaguda or
2) Bololo.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Ayauche(f): 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Destined2win:
Why would the boy steal #5000?

I do not condone maltreatment but again, I see no wrong in punishing a child for doing wrong if that is going to change him.
This is not maltreatment my broda. For a boy of 9yrs to have stolen 5K, ahhhh, what for? He deserve worse than that.
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Marriott1980(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is so wrong in every sense of the word. Discipline the boy for stealing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that . Stripping him naked in the streets? Thats way way out of line. i dont care if the woman is his mother or not. If my mother treat me like this for stealing something i will never forgive her for the rest of my life.

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Marriott1980(m): 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ayauche:

This is not maltreatment my broda. For a boy of 9yrs to have stolen 5K, ahhhh, what for? He deserve worse than that.

He deserve worse than that right? Tell me the worse that he deserve maybe i dont get you well....He should be killed too right?
Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by infogenius(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
Useless mother! She has only disgraced herself and not the boy.
It shows clearly that she has failed as a mother in training up her son in the way he should go.
She should have just corrected the boy at home and covered her shame.
Useless and foolish woman!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Marriott1980(m): 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Begonia:
This is wrong.

There's a thin line between discipline and abuse. She definitely crosses that line.
It's sad some people can't see it as it is.

God bless you. people who are saying it is a good way to punish the little boy are the ones who were calling for the head of the people who killed the Aluu4. But i guess because this is the boys mother they think it is right.

1 Like

Re: Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) by Diesel1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
Destined2win:

If that boy can steal 5k now, if unchecked, he might carry guns to bank
Aki u are right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Identifying Children With High I.Q / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.